Old 05-14-2006, 12:22 AM   #16  

Good Evening, Flowers! It was a cold windy day in my corner of the world. Lunch at the tea room was wonderful except for the "too young to be there" whiney children. I'm assuming they were there with mothers and grandmothers to celebrate Mother's Day. The tea room has a very nice gift shop and I found a cat garden flag to add to my collection. Now I'm waiting for a load of clothes in the dryer before I head off to bed.

"Gma" -- I hope the job rumors turn out to be just that. It is a scary time for anyone to have to change jobs. Even though the soccer game is now history I hope T's team won! Glad to hear the wetsuit arrived in time for graduation. Enjoy your day of no work and no exercise tomorrow!

Gloria -- It's nice to see your post tonight. It sounds like you may have a budding actor in your family! When Cam is rich and famous we can say we first heard about him from his grandma! We are going up to the lake tomorrow to measure bedroom furniture for MIL. She has decided to come back asap and we'd like to at least have a bed for her! She needs a new mattress and box spring so I'm trying to promote a whole new bedroom set. My mom always said that it was hard on furniture to sit without heat during the winter months.

I hear the dryer buzzing so need to get the clothes out before they wrinkle. Have a Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 05-14-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 07:51 AM   #17  

Good morning gals. It is a nice cool morning and hopefully will be a sunny day where you live to enjoy your Mother's Day. Kelly called while I was watching Memoirs of a Geisha after we got home from soccer and said Thomas wanted to know if I wanted to go shopping with them. His dad is pretty sick and I guess he was pretty rambunctious so Kelly decided to go shopping for the stuff for his birthday party next month and drive the new car at the same time. I said sure so I hopped up and got redressed and away we went. We had a grand time ending with me having a smoothie and T having a sloppy sundae. They came back to the house and she gave me this beautiful spa basket full of goodies in a lovely lavender that matches my bathroom and they took us out for dinner for Mother's Day last night since she wanted to let Tom rest as much as possible before the bouncing boy went back home. He was pretty animated. We went to this bar/burger place that I suggested and grabbed a booth. Kelly made him sit with her hoping he would settle. He wanted to sit with me and said something to her about Jack being her dad so what why not sit with him so she relented and he came over and sat with me. Of course the food came and everyone but I was rearranged. It was pretty funny. He makes me laugh when he tells secrets. He gets right up in your ear then talks regularly! I don't remember what secret he told me yesterday but I felt like he was screaming! We had a wonderful time. I gave him his graduation present early and he just loved it. I think I am going to get him water park tickets for his birthday. Kelly said she would talk to Tom and see what he thought. She is having a dog themed birthday party and we had fun shopping for it. She is making a dog bone cake 1/2 chocolate 1/2 white, then little gift bags that are "doggy bags" with dog stuff stamped all over them and inside are bone shaped home made graham crackers and bone shaped chocolate chip cookies, pencils with dogs on them and other "dog" things. She has little bone "dog tags" that they get to wear too. We bought these cute white visor hats and she is putting felt floppy ears on them for them to wear.

Jean: Thomas's team did win that game and I think that was part of the reason the guy was so steamed. We also won yesterday so the "stupid woman coach" now has a 5-1 record! She says she can't wait for the season to be over. He is not going to play in the fall opting for piano lessons instead (they have a piano that was WC Handys the famous blues musician) so all he needs is his little fingers for that! His dad is a fine pianist though he rarely plays anymore. I think tea rooms are pretty neat. One of the nice memories I have is when our 6th grade home economics class got to go to the Robertsons' department store tea room. They are truly a bygone era treat. I don't know why parents drag kids that are too small to enjoy it to some place like that.

Gloria: I hope you remember us when Cam has his debut on broadway and you are a famous grandma sitting at the Tonys! Sounds like he has a lot of fun doing it and that is what is important. I am sure it was very special to wear his grandpa's and dad's things in the play also.

I guess I should check the laundry and get it folded. My no work day fizzled as I went out with my grandson instead so I have to face it today! That's alright though, it was a wonderful trade off.

Have a super Mother's Day.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 03:06 PM   #18  

Happy Mother's Day, Flowers! It's another cloudy, windy, cold day in my corner of the world. We made a flying trip to measure MIL's bedroom furniture and then stopped at Penney's to buy new bedding, towels, etc., for her. They are having a sale and we saved close to $300 even though we spent $250+. Jason and Zowie have bad colds so we won't see them until next weekend for Zowie's birthday party. Last weekend Beth gave me a solar cat for Mother's Day. The cat itself is metal and it's tummy is a plastic ball with a solar thing in it. If the sun ever comes out it will glow after dark. Bob sent flowers to me at school on Friday. He is getting more hives daily, but he thinks his cold is better. To me he is coughing and blowing his nose just about the same as yesterday.

"Gma" -- It does sound like you had a grand time shopping with T and your daughter. The dog theme sounds really cute. There is a miniature golf course close to MIL's at the lake and Bob commented that maybe this summer we could take Ian and Maddy. I'm thinking next summer would be better . . . Ian thinks you need to whack the ball as hard as you can!

I have more laundry going as I wanted to wash MIL's sheets and towels before she uses them the first time. Have a nice 'rest of the day.'

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote