Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 10:30 PM   #16  
kitty Momo

Michelle,
((((Michelle))) I think the name was incorrect. It wasn't you she meant. I wasn't going to post again tonight but glad I did come back. Get a good nights rest (you too Jules!) and regroup for tomorrow maybe?
Susan
Old 05-03-2006, 11:15 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Back again as promised!

(((((MICHELLE)))))sorry you thought you did something wrong, just been a bad day for us and the names were confused as Susan said. We love having you here and hope you come and visit often!

SUSAN...loved the poem! Another great one that I printed out. Think I will type it up in some purdy color ink and print out to put in the scrapbook. Tonight would have been a great get-together night for chips, salsa and a very strong margarita! Vince and I had a nice time. He works so much sometimes it's like I hardly see him so we make the most of it when he is home. Even if it is just sitting on the swing in the back yard. And I am quite all right with men joining, as long as they are cute! Hey, I may be old but I'm not dead!

KATY...that's okay about the challenge. I have been keeping track on my printed out calendars from AOL and will continue the challenge that way. I almost messed up tonight because I didn't want to walk after dinner, but went anyway. You've got to do what works for you and I know to well how things change from one day to another. I think my way of thinking is different now and although I haven't finished the challenge, I think that is what will stay with me. After the challenge I may end up missing a day or too but I've learned not to be so hard on myself. We are only human after all.

JULES...hoping you are fine and hoping to see you!

Okay, ladies, told Vince I was just getting on for a few minutes and it's been almost an hour! He was busy with something so no big deal. But I still want to go change my avatar, or at least add my 2.10 mile walk this evening. Wanted to do three but had water before I left and that really wasn't a good idea!

Have a good night ladies and see ya tomorrow!
Old 05-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #18  
kitty Momo

Cristi
Thanks, I am heading home with Gaby. She is talking so much it is cute!
I loved that poem too. Story behind it was *roll eyes*.....(I am really quiet in person, I don't chat this much!) is that I fell in love with this man after my seperation - we were together 6 weeks and it wasn't going to work out. That set me in my depression until I went to this Lives in Transition class and they gave us that poem on graduation.
It helped a lot to heal.....until I met Mike - lol
Speaking of which.....he has asked to modify his CS from $244 down to??? who knows she is giving him til the 12th to get the paperwork in and she will suspend his DL on that date too. And the beat goes on.......
k- out of here!
Old 05-04-2006, 09:44 AM   #19  
One day at a time

Default Good Morning Ladies!

Aaaaaahhh Susan You are definitely a strong person and I know one day your prince will come!

And yes...Gabster is the cutest! They are so much fun and bring so much joy at that age. I always loved to sit back and just watch the kids...not a care in the world.

And Mike, UGH! What is his problem? And how can they just go and change things because he wants to? So unfair. You guys made a child together and he should have some responsibility too!

How's Rachel and Rebecca doing?

Well, I was up bright and early this morning, well...warly anyway, lol! Getting ready to head to IF and get my work out done. I like doing it in the morning and then getting on with the day but today...ugh! Don't feel like doing anything but going back to bed. Woke up at 2:30 this morning and then we had bad thunderstorms with hail from about three to six and I didn't sleep good at all. So still sleepy. Hoping a work out will wake me up. Anyway, I will be back later gators!
Old 05-04-2006, 11:00 AM   #20  
ugggg.....

For Susan (from the lighten up thread)
& Crisitina for hoping Susan gets her prince

GIRL POWER LOL!!! ~ a fairytale

Once upon a time....in a land far away...a beautiful, self-assured independant princess happened upon a frog as she sat contemplating ecological issues on the shores of an unpolluted pond in a verdant meadow near her castle. The frog hopped into the princesses lap and said "Elegant lady, i was once a handsome prince until a evil witch cast a spell upon me. One kiss from you, however, and i will turn back into the dapper young prince that i am, and then my sweet, we can marry, set up housekeeping in YOUR castle, with MY mother, where you can prepare my meals, clean my clothes, and bear my children and forever feel grateful and happy in doing so." That night as the princess dined sumptuously on lightly sauteed frog legs seasoned in a white wine and onion cream sauce she chuckled and thought to herself...I DON'T FREAKEN THINK SO!!!! ~lol sorry if this has already been on here I just thought it was pretty cute

Last edited by jules1216; 05-04-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:27 AM   #21  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!!!

Come out and play Michelle

Thanks Jules Cute. How is your day so far?? I have something to share on my work place later. We have court on the 22nd and it is tense.

Ok, that is a tease..... I will finsih the story in a bit

Cristi - I don't know what his problem is, I guess he doesn't want to work. lol Bless his little heart.

Tossed and turned AGAIN last night. Listened to Mr Jingles (cat) playing in the hallway.

Jumped on the scale this morning and ,,,,,,I have lost 4 pounds this week. Usually I eat when stressed but this week I have been too distracted to find a 7-11 slurpee or 1/4 lb hot dog. Shame , huh? lol Anyway, I will move my tracker on Monday.

Hi Ginny!

Hi Katy!

Chat later, Need to get the chain gang, I mean my kids - haha -to school.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:11 PM   #22  
One day at a time

Back again ladies!

Never did make it to IF. Not really wanting to go and get out in the rain. It was nice for a coupleof hours this morning now...rain, rain, rain! Thinking I will just treadmill it today. Really need to get the house cleaned. Since taking it off the market I haven't cleaned like I should. And the last few days haven't done much of anything period. So today...treadmill, clean and do laundry. Oh what fun! Not!

JULES...that was cute! Frog legs are actually very tasty! Taste like chicken!

SUSAN...I keep saying maybe one day Mike will get his act together...but I think that is wishful thinking. If he hasn't by now...it's not going to happen. It's sad though for Gaby. WTG on the 4 pounds! That's awesome! And i know what ya mean about not eating much. Seems my appetite went out the window. Sorry you couldn't sleep last night. I was doing fine until that bad storm came through. I could hear the hail hitting our window and kept waiting for it to break. Don't like that stuff at all.

KATY...how are the kiddos? Hope Leigh doesn't catch the bug. The mumps are going around here which is a little scary to me. My brothers and sisters had them but I never did. So they were recommending people get the shot. I was actually going to go get one then the next night on the news they were baffled because a lot of the people that got the shot, got the mumps!

Hi to everyone else!

I need to go and get something done. V is working late so gives me plenty of time. Excpet that DS and DD are home today to get int he way! Just kidding...I love when everyone is home...more people to help! Okay, ladies I'm outta here. Be back later.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:20 PM   #23  
kitty Momo

Hi Cristi-

Just got to work. I picked up a salad for lunch and Trader Joes had the healthiest looking sunflowers for $2.69 - potted. I picked one up for the office, so cheery!

I never have lost my appetite over stress- kind of cool. I know I am so blonde.lol I don't know maybe that has been my saving grace to always find some humor in most things. Who knows.

Mike? I swear I drove by his fathers yesterday (because that is in the area where Rach is at) and there was this beat up looking car in front of the house, it was early in the morning. "assuming" it was Mikes flopping at his fathers. Who knows. Who cares..lol

What is IF?? I know you have said before, I forget.

Hi to Vince! I bet he is a sweet man

Hi to everyone too and I best get to work!!
Old 05-04-2006, 01:36 PM   #24  
One day at a time

Talking

Hiya Ms Susan!

I'm back again! Just can't seem to get away and stay away!

Salad sounds good for lunch. And I must find a Trader Joes! Is that just a west coast thing? Bet the sunflowers are really pretty. I love sunflowers, but my favorite flower is the carnation. Just love the way they smell. But sunflowers are so pretty and bright. Good for you for getting some to brighten up your office! I need something to brighten my day...it's so gloomy out.

IF=It Figures...place like Curves. You know, I thought they were just a local place but found a website and they are nationwide. Learn something new everyday.

Anyway, came back to post a simple quote for the day...thought it was cute. I get them in my e-mail every day and usually there are some good ones.

"My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint." ---Erma Bombeck

I love Erma Bombeck and definitely feel like hitting my head against something right now!

Okay, I REALLY gotta go and get something done today. But never fear...I'll be back! (in Arnold Swartzneggers (sp?) voice)
Old 05-04-2006, 01:44 PM   #25  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Everyone ~ Sounds like everyone is having a better day today; I know I am. I was able to call and talk with my grandma this morning for about 5 minutes and she sounded so weak. They are running more tests because they found nothing in the xrays and she's in so much pain.

Susan ~ I miss my girls being little and sweet. I also miss their cute little voices. You're eating so good.

Cristina ~ Thanks for your kind words. Hope you're having a good day.

I hope Jules, Katy and Ginny are also having good days. Talk with all of you later.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:10 PM   #26  
kitty Momo

Michelle - Morning! Gaby just comes up with the sweetest things. She was watching a Blues Clues video this morning and I said the little dog was so cute, I loved his little voice.
She sad in a sad voice "you don't like me" - lol It is like omg......poor thing. I hugged her and said "you are my baby, love you tons!!",,her face is so cute when she sees her bus comes and get her....*sigh*.....just the sweetest thing.

Cristi- It looks like a yummy salad, can't wait to eat it. I think there was 300 calories in it and 10 grams of protein. I just drank 33 oz's of water and feel like I am floating. The flower is so pretty - a resident saw it and said "you know it is going to die" *ARGH* ain't we cheery??? lol I just said we are all going to die.....whatEVER.....lol

chat more in a bit!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #27  
kitty Momo

grrrrrr, I think I will go eat my salad....

Just wanted to Laura and Mary before they figure out how to get here!!!

That are sweet ladies that I invited from my single parents group. So welcome , welcome! I am soooooo glad you are heavy and struggle with your weight!!! lol jk

chat later
Old 05-04-2006, 03:27 PM   #28  
ugggg.....

Susan--I'm here for a late lunch--I went and got my hair cut--shortest it's been since the dreaded Dorothy Hamil wedge cut in the eigth grade. I got me a greek salad from panera bread and hubby a regular garden salad. I gave him me bread though it was tempting to eat it myself.

Cristina--there are lots of funny things up in the lighten up thread. I sent it to my daughter on one of her bad days and got an email back that she was a vegetabletarian and didn't want any frog legs!!

Michelle so sorry about your Grandma. My coworker is home from the hospital but has no idea when she will be back.

Hi Ginny & Katy!!
Old 05-04-2006, 03:56 PM   #29  
One day at a time

And I am back yet again!

I did get some things done though. Changed the sheets on the bed, cleaned up the living room, dusted and actually got dressed! Even ran to the store to pick up a couple of things. And now I am back eating my sad little sandwich. Just need to vacuum and sweep the bathroom floors and I am done for the day. Oh, no I'm not...gotta get a walk in. *slaps forehead*

MICHELLE...what happened to the teddy bear avatar? That was soooo cute! I love teddy bears. Hugs to you and your grandma.

SUSAN...I only have one bottle of water down so far! So later on when I try to guzzle the other three, I will be feeling like a big blimp that sloshes! Not a pretty sight.

And a big WELCOME to Laura and Mary! Any friend of Susan's is a friend of ours and we look forward to getting to know you both.

JULES...too funny! I used to frequent and post on the Lighten Up thread. That was when I found all kinds of funny stuff. I do read it sometimes though. Probably need to read it more often. Hey...I always liked Dorothy Hamil's wedge cut! Always wanted one but with my chunky face

Okay ladies, going to go look around a little but will be back later. Ta ta for now!
Old 05-04-2006, 04:07 PM   #30  
kitty Momo

Jules -
I had these Nicosie salad with those arugula capers. I forgot about those - kind of like these deer pellets. It has 320 cal. 40 oz's of water down so far. I think gaby would look cute in a Dorothy Hamil DO. lol It is growing out now, she had hacked away at it awhile back, just looking decent again.

Cristi - Have you ever had one of those walking ped....whatever they are called, that measures how far you walk?? I bet you walk a lot and don't even know it

I was reading on a poster the other day that second hand smoke around children (or an adult, I guess) compares to 207 packages of cigs by the time the child is 5 years old! I thought that was sooooo amazing and sick.

k- back to work!
Closed Thread