3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Over 50 -- Lightening Up -- May/june (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/83097-over-50-lightening-up-may-june.html)

Cheryl120 05-18-2006 11:15 AM

Hy...Yes it's a quilted piece. It will measure about 50X50 when done. I might start it sooner. My friend Leanne is teaching the class and will have to get her sample done before class, so I just might make it when she does her's. I can't wait to start it since I bought all of my fabric for it and it just sitting upstairs calling my name. LOL

Cheryl

meowee 05-18-2006 05:03 PM

Hello again . . . I made it back home again . . . having one of those 'if it rains it pours' kind of days now. At the end of April I ordered a Body Flex System from a US site, knowing it would take quite a long time to get here. So, naturally, it arrived today. The DVD that comes with it is about 1.5 hours long. The exercises themselves look pretty good, but first you have to learn to breathe correctly. I think that will take a little effort. It's really kind of strange. And then after you figure out how to breathe properly the actual exercise reps are done while holding your breath???? Sounds weird. :?:

Hy . . . I think your post was just what I needed. :hug: Many, many thanks for reminding me I don't have to memorize the manual. Once I figure out a couple of buttons, I'll just point and click and see what I get. How bad can it be? :dizzy: The really fun part will be to figure out out to post a picture on here the way most of the rest of you do. :o Be prepared, I'll probably have lots of questions after I get a picture.

Cheryl . . . That wall hanging is going to be absolutely beautiful and it looks really challenging, too with all those sharp angles. :hug: I could never be so organized as to wait until February. When I get something new, I have to start right away. Obviously the reason why I have dozens of unfinished projects lying around. :dizzy: Believe it or not, I usually get them done eventually. :)

Had a good outing and lunch with my friend. We had Pizza Delight buffet for lunch and I was sure I'd really blown it, but when I got home and looked up the calories and stuff, I honestly was quite restrained. It won't be one of my lower days, mind you but not a real disaster either. It's actually kind of nice, I'm getting full on less food, and I'm making wiser choices at the buffet counter, too. :D

See you later, kiddos. Think I'll have a light dinner and watch some television and leave the new exercise routine and the new camera alone until tomorrow. Have a great evening. :carrot:

the slim me 05-19-2006 01:39 PM

Good Morning everyone, It's still so cold here! And it's rained most of the day too, so cold and dreary! Will spring never get here? We get a couple of days of fairly nice weather, just to tease us, and then it's gone again!

I am doing ok...not great but all right. I still haven't lost any more but I haven't gained either. I'm maintaining prety well, exercising when I should and eating ok. I keep; thinking I could drop that extra lb. if I could get outside and get some more motivation instead of being stuck in the house all the time! Oh well, when warm weather finally gets here I'll probally complain that it's too hot! We play the cars we've been delt!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend! It's my weekend to work and I hear it's supposed to stop raining! So is my luck!

Take care, Freda

Cheryl120 05-19-2006 01:54 PM

Afternoon Ladies,

Linda...The quilt looks complicated, but really it's not. It's strips sewed together then cut on a 45 degree angle and some of the pieces are paper pieced if you know what that is. It's sewing by numbers on a paper pattern.

Freda...Sorry to hear you are having rainy weather and that 1 pound is being stubborn. Give it a swift kick and tell it to leave and never come back.:carrot:

We are going to be 80 today, so I going out for a nice walk before my hubby get's home. Doing good trying to say on program, but my neighbor brought by homemade buns and carmel rolls yesterday. I had one of each, but I could of ate the whole pan. I felt the :dust: Make it a good one ladies.

Cheryl

meowee 05-19-2006 02:16 PM

Hello gang . . . this is a long weekend in Canada so don't you just know that the weather cannot make up it's mind whether to be sunny or rainy. :(

I'm staying away from the new camera and the new exercise routine today . . . hopefully my frustration level will go down by tomorrow and I can try again.

Cheer up, Freda. :hug: The weather will brighten up again. Always does. And if you keep on doing the right stuff, the scale-:devil: will get himself moving in the right downward direction again. It's never easy, but we can do it. :D

Glad to hear it Cheryl. :hug: Would hate to think about having to sew all those little pieces one by one. I love strip piecing. I do know what paper piecing is even though I've never tried it yet. Have fun. Don't you worry about the little goodies. Pat yourself on the back for only having one of each. All the little victories eventually come together and produce a bigger victory.

See you later, gang . . . I have to go to the grocery store to stock up on some low-cal stuff for the long weekend. Hope you all have a great moving and shaking day. :carrot:

Cheryl120 05-20-2006 10:39 AM

Hello Ladies...Just a quick check in before I go up and do some more tracing of hands and feets for my quilt. Stepped on the scales this morning:goodscale and
I'm doing the happy dance :dance: . The scales said 335.6 for a 2 lb loss. So glad the fairy fat mother decided to pay me a visit.:wizard: Makes it a great start for the weekend and boost my spirit way up there! Be back later to do personals. Make it a good one.

Cheryl:hug:

hyacinth merry 05-20-2006 11:28 AM

:hug:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheryl120
Hello Ladies...Just a quick check in before I go up and do some more tracing of hands and feets for my quilt. Stepped on the scales this morning:goodscale and
I'm doing the happy dance :dance: . Cheryl

Cheryl I'm gonna do the happy dance for you too!! :carrot: That's some good news!

I had a mini-meltdown last night after reading some stuff on a message board - I just get tired of the drama of the Internet sometimes - take a chill pill why don't you??? (Me included!) ;) Everyone is good people there, so I have to just back off and not let their "stuff" put me in a rotten mood.

But while being totally p*ssed off last night I ALSO became VERY hungry. Hmmm...what a shocker there, huh?? Another "ME" project to tackle - learning how to walk away from stress-inducing situations without heading straight to the fridge - lol!!

OK, all chickies have a great weekend! You deserve it :hug:

hy

meowee 05-21-2006 04:50 PM

Congratulations on the loss, Cheryl.:hug: Keep up the great work and have fun with all your little fabric dollie parts.

Sorry you are feeling a bit frustrated, Hy. :hug: It does sound like you're pulling out of it, though. Isn't it horrible the way stress sends is to the comfort food? I need to work on that, too. :^:

I finally took some pictures with the new camera and I hope they look better when I get them on the computer than they do through the back of the camera. I couldn't find a good background for the shots. Tomorrow I'll tackle the great unknown and see if I can figure out how to post them to the internet.

Keep heading in the great downward direction, ladies and I'll be seeing you soon. :carrot:

Cheryl120 05-22-2006 10:28 AM

Morning Gals...Just a quick check in to see how you are doing. Couldn't get in to post yesterday, phone was out for some reason do to our other computer and the modem. I swear that thing has a mind of it's own. Anyway It was working this morning.:D

Linda...Glad to hear you took some pictures with your new camera. One good thing about a digital camera, if you don't like the pictures you can delete them.

Hy...Hope you are feeling better and the scales are moving towards the down ward side. Just hang in there, it will get better.

Well gal's, it looks like it is going to be a beautiful day. Going out for a walk later on this afternoon. Good way to walk off the lunch that I'm having today. My gal pal's and I are going to Applebee's. I'll try to be good and stick with a WW meal.

Cheryl

meowee 05-22-2006 04:46 PM

Just to let you know I'm still alive and kicking . . . been playing around with pictures from my new camera . . . with very little luck.

Finally, I seem to have figured it out . . . but now I have to go back and retake the pictures of the quilted clothing with the camera set at VGA . . . to get lower resolution.

In the meantime . . . here is the only picture I've managed to get to download. My middle cat . . . Goldi . . . and now I have the resolution set so low, she looks a little fuzzy . . . as well as looking completely bored with the entire effort. :dizzy:

Yay, Whoopee . . .I finally posted a picture. :carrot:

hyacinth merry 05-22-2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowee
In the meantime . . . here is the only picture I've managed to get to download. My middle cat . . . Goldi . . . and now I have the resolution set so low, she looks a little fuzzy . . . as well as looking completely bored with the entire effort. :dizzy:

OMG, I :carrot: LOVE:carrot: orange kitties!!!

Great pic :D Thanks for posting! (I was having yet another crappy day and seeing your Goldi just perked me right up - lol!)

:hug: Hy

meowee 05-23-2006 09:16 AM

Good Morning . . . Nova Scotia is having another weird weather day . . it's cool, it's overcast, the sun breaks through for a few minutes and then it sprikles a bit. :dizzy:

Glad that Goldi was able to cheer you up, Hy. :hug: I have a weakness for orange cats, too. When I get back to the picture taking I'll try to get pictures of the two 'fur-boys' (one black and one grey) as well.

Yep, Cheryl :hug: . . . once I get a little more familiar with the camera, I'm sure I'm going to love it. At the moment I prefer the quality of pictures from my 35 mm, but that's got a lot to do with experience. At least I can get the pictures out of the digital without having to remember to take the film in for developing. Something I seldom remember to do. :D

Have a great day, gang. See you soon. Keep moving and shaking. :carrot:

the slim me 05-23-2006 11:57 AM

Hi Everyone,

Another cold day here in Michigan, but at least it isn't raining! We have to take our grandson to play soccer this evening and the last few times we've been sitting in the rain and he's been playing in the mud! Thank GOD for small favors! It's still cold enough that I will have to take a coat and balnket.

Cheryl, that pixie dust must have worked! Congrats on the 2 lb. way to go!!! How awsome!!!!

meow, Love the orange cat too! His look is just too typical of cats isn't it! Kind of like "go away and leave me alone untill I say you are allowed to pet me". The new camers sounds like a chalenge but one you will love when you have mastered it!

Hope you're in a better mood Hy! Don't let things get to you! That being said, I eat when I get frustrated or angry or sad or happy or......you get the picture! Seems like try to dull every emotion with food! I have tried to set down and figure out why I am so hungry and deal with it. We all have issues with food, that's why we're here.

Everyone have a great day, Freda

Cheryl120 05-23-2006 03:38 PM

Linda...I still prefer to use my 35mm. I like the quality of the pictures better. I usually take a couple pictures of my quilts with the 35mm for my quilt book and a few with the digital, cause I can have them Right Now!!

Hy...Hope you are back in the swings of things and glad Goldi put a smile on your face.

Freda...We are in the 80's today, hot and humid. I'll send some your way. Stay dry at the soccor game.:rain:

I'll try to check back later.

Cheryl

Donna72664 05-24-2006 09:51 AM

Good morning ladies. I have been absent for a few days,we have had computer problems here. Sounds like all of you have been busy, cameras
quilting and soccer games :dizzy:

:balloons:Congratulations to all who have had a weight loss this past week. I seem to be stuck right here. Maybe after this weekend I can get back on track and get it to moving in the downward direction again.

I probably won't get back here till late next week. We are in the process of moving our office into another building and depending on the phone company may be down for a couple of days.

Hope all of you enjoy the long weekend. It is going to be :hot: here. They are
talking 95 to 100. Hope to spend some time outdoors but will have to cover
up with sunscreen. Oldest daughter and family coming. Will have to BBQ of
course.

Have any of you seen the Hoodia weight loss patch advertised on here.?
What do you think and would you try it.? I'm a little leary of such things.
Talk to you later. Keep up the good work.
DONNA