Old 04-03-2005, 05:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Talking Scale Addicts Anonymous 2005

Welcome back to Scale Addicts Anonymous!!

Hello, My Name is Hotsplashes...and yes..I am a scale addict. I used to get on several times a day. I have spent the last year trying to lose weight and control my horrid habit of hopping on and off the scales...I now can usually control the urge down to once or twice a week....

But of course I do slip up and hop on the scales sometimes 2 or 3 times in a day. Usually I'm pretty good tho. I still have my rituals before getting on the scale each Friday...go potty first...take off everything includind hair scrunchies and socks and undies...then let out any breath in my body and then step on the scale!

So for those of you scale addicts out there...be you in the closet or out about your addiction....C'mon and join the fun!!!

SPlash
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 07:40 PM   #2  

I'm soooo there I don't weigh "several times a day" but I can't resist stepping on every morning....and I do three readings and take the lowest one
halfame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:36 PM   #3  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Cool

Hi Splashes
I came out on SAA #1 thread as a compulsive Scales Addict and my addiction isn't much better now....I do it every morning, butt naked, no air in my lungs, jewelery off and contacts out....oh yeah and I always go with the best of three like Halfame! Mad I know, but it keeps me sane

Looking forward to catching up with everyone at SAA old 'uns and newbies alike...come on tell us your scales rituals, we won't tell anyone
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:45 PM   #4  
Made my Goal weight!

Default Im Such A Scale Addict

Hey Ladies

Well I am Leanne, I am 26, I am a stay at home mom of 3. My kids are 4 (on April 9th), 20 months and 6 months old. I am DEFINITELY a SCALE ADDICT. I jump on my darn scale several times a day, but thankfully, I am at the end of my weight loss journey so I like what it says...(good scale)...I no longer have to kick it or swear at it...lol
Yes, I think I may be a scale addict for life....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Leanne
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #5  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

I too am a scale addict. It dictates me day. Lose a pound - it's a good day. gain a pound - I might as well go back to bed. I do only weigh in the morning (usually twice because the first time tends to be .5 pounds higher than the second time). But I usually weigh every day. Hence, lately, a lot of bad days. I'm trying to learn not to let that the thing dictate my feelings. But that's hard.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:08 PM   #6  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hiya Leanne,
Congratulations on the birth of jaelyn...the last time we spoke your waist line was going in a different direction to ours!!! well done for hitting your goal after only 6 months of giving birth...you must be soooo proud of yourself!

I'm glad your back with SAA will you be sticking around, even though you've reach your goal?? I know i will, i keep yo-yo-ing the last couple of pounds so think the extra support might just see me through to it!!

Love the photo, she's got a lot of protection around her....!
Old 04-04-2005, 02:15 PM   #7  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMarie
I too am a scale addict. It dictates me day. Lose a pound - it's a good day. gain a pound - I might as well go back to bed. I do only weigh in the morning (usually twice because the first time tends to be .5 pounds higher than the second time). But I usually weigh every day. Hence, lately, a lot of bad days. I'm trying to learn not to let that the thing dictate my feelings. But that's hard.
Marie
Hi MMarie I know what you mean about lose a pound = a good day, it's very difficult as it fluctuates (sp?) with your cycle.. so you have to use it to your benifit...if it's a bad day you have to turn it around and make sure you work a bit harder, a bit more excersice, a bit better food, so tomorrow's scales will be kinder to you! Well that's my theory anyway....doesn't all ways work though....sometimes your idea of going baack to bed is a much better idea!!

I'll stop rambling again..for now.......
Old 04-04-2005, 02:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm not sure if I'm a scale addict. I weigh myself usually every day and I've been trying to reduce that to every other day. I'm doing ok, I've had a few slip-ups so far. I weigh in the morning, naked and after using the bathroom. About three times, too.

I'd like to start weighing myslef less. I don't want to worry about the # on the scale so much. Arrggghhh!!! It's hard!
josie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:24 PM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

ooooh I feel so much better knowing that there are *others* who perform those same "scale rituals".....I know it is ridicules, but I do it anyway. I'm down to once a week, but as I lose more weight, I weigh myself more often.....just to check...and the lower the number, the higher my mood.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

**Gives a great big group hug to all the SAA members!!!** I'm soooooo happy to see everyone here!! Look who's back and gave me the motivation to start SAA again!! TulipFairy!!!!! And here's our #1 cheerleader Leanne!!! And My goodness look who popped in! MMarie my pal from ISO thread!! Glad to see youMarie!!! ANd looooooook at the newbies!!!! Hello Halfame!! I like the idea of the best of 3 readings...never done that one before...I've done the two readings cuz my scale is always off the first reading...Josie, welcome and yes it's hard to get down to even every other day, but you can do it!!! Marblefly, welcome to you too! ANd NO YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!Lol And I too find that my mood can be dictated by wether the scale is up or down....

I just want to fill everyone in on what's been up in the last month...I am just getting back to work from medical leave from a bad sciatica flare up due to a herniated disc...we just found my exrays and it shows I refractured my hip again in the same spot where the horse ran over me in fall of 2003. But funny thing...it's healing better than it did last time. Siatica is now subsiding...down to one pain pill a day! And I'm walking home from work now instead of taking the bus. Mornings are still hard as I am really stiff. I'm still limping when it's bad...walking like John Wayne when it's ok!lol So now that i am back to being mobile...i'm looking forward to losing the weight I need to lose.

Tulip and Leanne!!! It's sooo wonderful to have my old SAA team back!!! Leanne congrats on losing the babyweight...Tulip I am soooo glad to see you so close to your goal!!! I hope since the two of you are skinnyminis again you aren't going to leave us! You can be our spokeswomen!!! Mmarie! Soooo glad you could join us...I want everyone to know that MMarie is our Extreme House Makeover queen!!! Need any ideas? Call her!! I met her in ISO thread...She's awesome!! Hay Marie, I'll see you over in ISO!!Maybe we can get Skinny and ToF over here!! Sooooo Glad you came over here to visit!! Hope you stick around!!!

Halfame, Josie, and Marblefly!! Glad to see you all of you here. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my Scale Addiction! Hope you ladies stick around and have a great time with us!! The last SAA group was wonderful...So I hope you three enjoy yourselves as much as Tulip, Leanne and I did!!

See everyone tomorrow night!!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:22 AM   #11  

I admit it, I am a scale addict.
I am down to once a day from 3 times a day. It is an obsession.
Question, has anyone noticed anything with the time change? I am thinking that because my body doesn't know the time changed, that is (hopefully) why I am registering a 2 lb gain.
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:28 AM   #12  
prepare for the BEST time

how would the time change affect your weight???? (I like your logic though)...Just hop on an hour later....now we KNOW the fluctuation is a normal process depending on TOM, but boyoboyoBOY! does it get me worked up when I see a gain no matter how small...my scale measures in 10'ths of a lb.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:09 AM   #13  

Well, I was thinking that it was just a timing thing, because when I weigh in on the weekend after sleeping in its always like a pound less than the weekdays. I' hoping it's water??
Wishfull thinking I guess.
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:13 AM   #14  

I had to laugh at the title of this thread, but it's good to know it's not only me. I was starting to worry I'd need a 12 step program. I weigh myself every morning while I'm still in pajamas, before I have anything to drink, and after I go to the bathroom. If the number fluxuates when I step on (it's a digital scale, but sometimes it shows a different number for a second before the final reading), I am sure that means I am just an ounce away from a lower reading. I end up not drinking or eating anything until I use the bathroom again, and then weigh myself a second time. It's insanity, isn't it?
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:51 PM   #15  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Michelle, I have to agree with you that it's insanity. What we will do to make that little buzzard show a smaller number.

My ritual lately has been to carefully pull it out from it's storage space and treat it gently until I step onto it. Then after 2 readings, I kick it back into place. The scale is not my friend lately. It's my enemy.

KTna, the time change got me too. That makes more sense than I ate 7000 extra calories. That I know didn't happen.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote