Old 04-27-2006, 10:55 PM   #1  
The Journey is the Dream

S/C/G: 2much/???/128

Thumbs up Come on who wants to be *3 Skinny Chicks*??

I want to start a support group of anyone, that want to be in a group here known as the *3 Skinny Chicks*?? I'm game and i can come on during lunch or after work and weekends. Lets hook up and do this. It can be more than 3 of us, the more the merrier. Follow my format below to welcome yourself in.

Name: Veronica aka April
Why you chose your user name: i started my plan in April, and i plan on losing this weight by November, my birthday.
Date started: April 18, 2006
Whats your plan: Atkins modified. Currently in Induction day 9.
Whats your sign: Scorpio.
Whats your favorite stores: Walmart, Target, Costco and I like Nordstroms too.
What is your Chinese Astrological sign: Dog (im loyal )
Whats your ideal outfit when goal: leather body suit to ride my bike (Suzuki) and a mini dress with stilettos.
What will be your life change: Riding bikes (my own), getting married.

Last edited by April2November; 04-27-2006 at 11:00 PM.
April2November is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:56 AM   #2  
The Journey is the Dream

come on people i need some friends here. people will come.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:04 AM   #3  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

Hey I'm doing nutrisystem, (well I am about to, haven't received it yet). I want to lose 80 pounds. I'm new to this site too. I joined yesterday.
Rocker Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:59 PM   #4  
The Journey is the Dream

Hey bf cute name. Congrats on finding this forum and good luck you can do it!!! I've heard great things about Nutrisystem. I know you can't wait!!! to get your food. Keep us updated on how everything is going!!! I wish you the very best of luck!!! BTW, when and if you get ready and wanna chill over here with me thus far, lol swing on through, okay? Take care.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:08 PM   #5  
My reward...

S/C/G: 272/270/220

Height: 6'3"

Why limit it to "3 skinny chicks" - we can do better than that! My mini goals are real mini - i'm estatic if i can just get rid of one more pound! Two more by Mothers Day would be awesome!
TryinAgain5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:42 PM   #6  

Hey April, I'll definately be apart of your group! I need a buddy! I should be getting my food any day now, and oh yeah can't wait! Let's keep in touch with each other, ok?
Old 04-29-2006, 01:06 AM   #7  
The Journey is the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryinAgain5402
Why limit it to "3 skinny chicks" - we can do better than that! My mini goals are real mini - i'm estatic if i can just get rid of one more pound! Two more by Mothers Day would be awesome!
I understand, but the long term goal is to be thinner. I love that thought. We can do this!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatty
Hey April, I'll definately be apart of your group! I need a buddy! I should be getting my food any day now, and oh yeah can't wait! Let's keep in touch with each other, ok?
"Delivery man/woman, hurry up with bf's food!!!!" I love to keep in touch with each other. Lets do this!!!!!!!!!!!! WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2006, 10:33 AM   #8  

Awesome, so glad we connected! YES we can do this! I just looked into overeaters anonymous meetings. This could be a whole new chapter in my life! (now that the fog is finally lifting on my bad case of denial) =)
Old 04-29-2006, 02:55 PM   #9  
The Journey is the Dream

OA, is the bomb I've heard. I went to one meeting, and this real skinny lady was running the group, she showed us her pictures, and she was 500 lbs. in them. I was so shocked!!! I'm going too bf!!! You've inspired me already I like it; we're on a roll. Yes, this is a "whole new chapter in"our lives The fog is lifting off bf, of denial for you and me both. We are helpless and we KNOW THIS!! That's the start----->STOP LYING TO OURSELVES, AND REACH OUT FOR HELP, BECAUSE WE'VE LET THINGS GO OUT OF CONTROL. Everybody need to ask questions, seek support/friendship, and right our wrongs. That is LIFE!! If we don't then we fall victim to our self-sabotage. People can wish bad against us, and when we do bad they applaud. But, it is only because our lives got out control. Thats why success is the best revenge. I don't wish bad on nothing in life. I just know that I can admit it now, when I need help and go to the positive, logical, helpful place/s for me. I believe in Maslow's theory of the Hierarchy of Needs, so true and so real!!

I can't wait bf until you come back with your food, bragging. This nice lady at my job is doing the Nutrisystem and she loves it!! Her dil has lost 90 lbs on it.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:08 PM   #10  

Wow, 500 pounds! You KNOW if someone like that can get control it's totally within reach for us! I went to the CHICKS IN CONTROL forum yesterday and read the sticky about over eating, and it just hit me! I have a serious problem, it's not a joke!

Anyway I'm happy about taking this first step. How do you do with your dieting on the weekends? Is that your hardest times? What do you do for exercise, and how much?
Old 04-29-2006, 07:53 PM   #11  
The Journey is the Dream

Definitely its within reach for us, we don't have a quarter of that to lose. That is persistence, and my mind try to "approve" going off, and people do too, they don't mean any harm, but don't realize how we truly suffer from being outta control. I found the OA site and the locations in my area. I'm going too, the next one is tomorrow, wish me luck that i get my lazy butt there, lol. I'm visiting chicks in control in a minute, I loooove that name!!! Nope its not a joke, really it isn't about our eating behavior.

I do fine with my dieting on the weekends, I see it as another day, the only way I see the weekend different is because I can rest. When I exercise, I just walk, but not nothing purposefully. I do it when I'm on my way to work, at work, or on my way home, getting extra walking in like I'll walk instead of using the bus all the way or 1/2 the way. I will use the stairs when I feel like it, but not force myself, then I'll hate it and quit all together. BF, I can't ask you what you do with your dieting and exercsise until you implement your food. But, have you started some lil things as of yet, and if so what?
Old 04-29-2006, 11:33 PM   #12  

Where are you from April? I really haven't done anything as of yet. When I do get my food, I will walk on the treadmill or go for walks around the neighborhood. I have three kids so I need to LEARN HOW to eat so that I can teach them. Thankfully they are still young enough to change their little habits.

It is true that people don't realize how out of control we are. It doesn't seem real, it seems like an "exuse for being fat". I bet that is what people that don't suffer from this think. Honestly, until I read that post, I didn't realize that it is truly a sickness. I can't wait to start going to those OA meetings. Mine are on thursday night. I am glad that you are going tomorrow. Like someone told me- that takes courage. I am proud of you and you should be proud too! You're standing up and saying "I'm taking my life back!" Let me know how it goes. I want details, details, details, so that I can get an idea of what it will be like. Goodluck!
Old 04-30-2006, 01:02 AM   #13  
The Journey is the Dream

Hey bf, I'm in Cali too. I'm in Long Beach, what about you? Like I said I've been there to OA before, just once, I wasn't ready to admit my sickness. I can't wait until tomorrow for OA, I'm going back to church too, so a metamorphisis is happening. My goodness bf you're the one doing great!!! I mean you're looking out for your babies so that the bad habits won't rub down to them, because we know that what we look like affects us. We're standing up bf!!! Together we stand, and when one gets weak the other help hold up the other. That's why success is not a single effort, its joint, and I'm down with ya bf.

BTW, when you feel ready, if you wish so that we can know each other and that helps to draw us closer, if you can answer the questions I posted initially within this post. If you have any extra to add on, feel free, I'm open!
Old 04-30-2006, 05:49 PM   #14  

Name: Cindy aka bigfatty
Why you chose your user name: I think it is a funny name
Date started: haven't yet, will start when my food gets here!
Whats your plan: nutrisystem
Whats your sign: pices
Whats your favorite stores: Walmart, MAC, payless, too many online stores to name.....
What is your Chinese Astrological sign: no idea
Whats your ideal outfit when goal: to wear jean shorts (or jeans) and look good
What will be your life change: being more active in general, being more active outdoors!! I'm just praying I will get this under control!

So what kind of church do you go to? I'm glad that you are going to church, that helps too! Hope you're Sunday is going great! (To bad it's back to the grind tomorrow)
Old 04-30-2006, 07:46 PM   #15  
The Journey is the Dream

Hey how's ya day going? My day thus far has consisted of washing hair/flat ironing both (me and my daughter's) and clothes at the wash house (i can't believe it was so much!)/hung them all up, just a bit much. I'm so whipped. Now, I'll get ready for tomorrow. No church, or OA too much to do. I'll check out OA this week, and keep ya posted.

I'm glad you posted your info above. I see you're a water sign like me. I like MAC too, diva is one of my fav color lipsticks. How was your day?