Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 10:51 PM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default Chit Chat and Weight Loss # 179

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies thread to anyone reading this!

We are a supportive and caring bunch of ladies who share our journey with weight loss, as well as our everyday lives. So feel free to pull up a chair and join us.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:01 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Ang-
I was busy thinking of my green bean dish and using all my brain cells to be deep.
ugh, does this mean no one is going to read my post? lol
Anyway, I think I will get this Gabster home and get ready for bed. I took tomorrow off because of no school day.
Everyone thinks I am going to take them shopping but I'm not. Value Village is 50% off, that is where I am going.
k- zzzzZZzzZzzzzZZZZzzz,,,,,night, night!
Old 04-16-2006, 11:13 PM   #3  
Give me strength

Good evening Ladies,

Michelle you sound like you are on the right track...good for you 9 lbs! Don't be shy and we don't have that many rules...we don't expect your blood type or any other info from you....

Ginny, I would of called the son's friend a few hours later,,,knowing he would be passed out. And then every 45 mins after that. I got a bike for christmas but have yet to use it since we have been renovating for well ever. And there is no room,,so it sits full of dry wall dust. DS#1's gf sounds like a cheap woman....and

Jules, I know the feeling about allergies, I am looking like a bull dog,,,both eyes are swollen,,,Im itchy, and with my sensitive skin I look pretty bad right now. Going to go lay down with a warm face cloth on my eyes,,,its the only relief I get. Does the girlfriends mom say anything to the step dad?

Christina, I love that idea of the tattoo! I had seen one similar to that,,,lil white daisies on a green vine,,,very delicate. How about the *chain* being held together with a yellow ribbon, so you will have this yellow bow. I sometimes wonder about people,,,as you were saying about the people complaining about the furniture in houses they are looking at...Im like WHAT difference does it make? I like the show were they have people arguing with the decorator about what they need to do to sell this house,,,one woman was sobbing about how she hated that color,,,,blah blah UMMM you are selling this house,,,you will not be living in this house much longer, you are making it pretty to sell,,,cause man your taste sucks! The house was close to trashed before the decorator was there. totally gross.

Susan,,,what a wonderful mom you are. Did you get your shoes?

Marti,,,*sigh coming from one mother of a young tween/teen to another,,,hair grows, hair changes color easily,,,their attitude in life does too. She will look back in 10/20 years from now and could easily laugh about her blue hair or go why did you let me do THAT?!! But I see it as shes expressing her own style. Which takes courage. So many kids are trying to be the same, cool... and when I see kids doing their own thing I think they have good self esteem. I have told Tanner and Brandon I draw the line on face tattooing or anything that is perminent. Even piercings can be taken out. Brandon has 3 tattoos now, his arm band which I really like, a set of wings on his ankle, and a cartoon turtle on his thigh.

Ellen,,,yay for your furniture! I can't wait to see picks,,,I just know from your style it will be awesome. Go buy a different light fixture,,,give the chandliers to DD...lol I saw the most beautiful light fixture at Home Depot,,,it looks like a big iron worked candle holder. I want it. But it doesn't go with our house style...darn. We are so close to finishing the basement it makes me excited. The guy who has been doing most of the work was sick for a couple of weeks so we were on hold. Ive been laying in bed each night taking all the furniture in the house and rearanging it all. Wish you could come stay with me and tell me what to do.

Jane I hope you are all moved in, and all went well.

better go and rest my bull dog eyes.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:16 PM   #4  
Give me strength

I love shopping at Value Villiage,,,people think I spend alot of clothes,,,i really don't. I buy a few things there, and then of course sales...sales and more sales.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:58 AM   #5  
RosieKate

Happy Easter and Passover to everyone...a bit late, oh well.

My friend Kathryn emailed me the Desperate Housewives quiz; turns out I'm Susan...it said something about "try to remember you're the grown-up in your family" hmm I think I'm more a cross between Bree and Susan. I'm way more responsible than Susan and I like order, ala Bree. I can let it all go and have fun...so that's probably why I ended up a Susan...but I am not buying the T-shirt, and yes, there really is one.

Had a good Easter, but am ready to buckle down and detox from all the peeps. Can I get in on the Monday weigh ins? I also want to lose about 30..the same 30 that have been dogging me for an indecent amount of time. I'm going to start the Zone today. I have better success with that diet when there's lots of good, fresh produce to be had. I want to stay OP until we go to my mom's for Memorial Day weekend. So here we go....

Have a great day everyone...

Old 04-17-2006, 08:58 AM   #6  
ugggg.....

Good morning---just finished all my work emails and phone messages from the weekend and thought I'd take a quick peek before moving on to the next task.

Susan--yes, I read your last post and sometimes I feel like I am stuck "in the last chapter" I always try to read everything to keep caught up.

Ellen--Good morning sunshine!!! we need some clipart on this thread--it's looking a little bare.

Christine--one of my coworkers who alos lives in WV with me, just got a contract on their house. The couple is form the DC metropolitan area and just sold their house for $450,000 and offered $249,000 for their house on 5 acres--the buyers wanted to have my coworker & her DH put a warranty on all the appliances that if something happenned that they as the seller would have to replace them. They just made $250,000 don't you think they can afford to buy all new appliances if they want. They said no way--appliances are as is and are waiting to see if the buyer still wants it. Now they are getting a camper since the property they are moving to has only well & septic scheduled to go in this week or next week and then the house will be started and finished quickly(they hope). PS--Thanks for the card!!

Angie--unfortunately DS's girlfriends mother does not defend her but her younger brother does. He just turned 16. Between a prior waitressing job, not living under that roof and my DS telling her she needs to not take it--she is beginning to stand up for herself and be more vocal. She is just such a sweet girl. I am so glad that my DS finally saw in her what I did. Everyone loves her.

Ginny--I know you will be popping in soon so Good Morning!

Marti--Hi to you --hope all is going well

Jane--thanks to you for the card too! How many days until your DD gets back??

Connie--good liuck on your surgery!!

To everyone else--have a great day!! I got to get to work before I get into trouble!!
Old 04-17-2006, 09:00 AM   #7  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieKate1965
Happy Easter and Passover to everyone...a bit late, oh well.

My friend Kathryn emailed me the Desperate Housewives quiz; turns out I'm Susan...it said something about "try to remember you're the grown-up in your family" hmm I think I'm more a cross between Bree and Susan. I'm way more responsible than Susan and I like order, ala Bree. I can let it all go and have fun...so that's probably why I ended up a Susan...but I am not buying the T-shirt, and yes, there really is one.

Have a great day everyone...
Hi Katy!! I took the Grey's Anatomy quiz and I am a Christine. I didn't get the t-shirt either!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #8  
Give me strength

Where can I take these quizzes?
Old 04-17-2006, 11:46 AM   #9  
RosieKate

abc.com.....an excellent time-waster ...need to go take that Grey's one..I like that show more than DH

i better NOT be a Meredith - yikes

Old 04-17-2006, 12:24 PM   #10  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieKate1965
abc.com.....an excellent time-waster ...need to go take that Grey's one..I like that show more than DH

i better NOT be a Meredith - yikes
the only thing you have in common with Meredith is that you both knit and your friends love you......

Angie--I was on a Greys Anatomy message board that someone posted on this website in General Chatter--I can't find the link to the character quiz...I'll look some more tonight at home.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #11  

Happy Monday ladies!

Took today off to get things done before surgery. Had to call the insurance co. to see if the rehab/therapy place was covered, set up appt. for water therapy, etc. So that stuff is taken care of. Trying to get caught up on laundry & things around the house. Have a banquet tomorrow night and then babysit Chloe on Wed. nite so today is my day to get things done.
Had Easter dinner here for my family yesterday. It seems like our group is getting smaller all the time. Kids are getting married & spending time with the in-laws, etc. but that's life. DS & fiancee are coming next weekend to the hospital to see me. DD has to work all weekend & feels bad she won't be able to visit but I told her she could call my hospital room. I don't think they realize I won't be there to socialize & I will be sleeping a lot (I hope)
I have several people checking on DH while I'm gone. The Alzheimer's is getting worse all the time. It is especially noticeable when he gets tired towards evening.
I may not get back on-line before Thurs. If not I'll be in touch when I get home.

Connie
Old 04-17-2006, 01:50 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good Afternoon ladies...

I was up bright and early this morning, well, early anyway, lol! I'm tanning again (and I need to stop that) and like to get there early when I go and get back home to clean and then shower. Don't like smelling like coconut all day!

CONNIE...my thoughts and prayers will be with you this week. Gonna be a busy one for ya for sure. Sorry to hear about DH, (((((HUGS))))) to you both.

SUSAN...sounds like you and miss Gaby had a fun time at Wiggles! I remember when the kids were that age and we took them to the circus...the light in their eyes is all worth it and stays with you forever. Did Rachel and Rebecca go too?

ELLEN...where are ya? It's Monday and a new thread and no clip art???

GINNY...have you found the perfect song yet for your mother/son dance? I have been thinking and looking for suggestions for ya but haven't come up with anything yet.

JULES...it amazes me the things people want when putting an offer on a home. You would think the appliance with out the warranty wouldn't be a big deal, especially with the money made. But some people just get it in their mind what they want and won't budge regardless.

ANGIE...hope I don't chicken out on the tat. I think it will look good, just not sure I can sit there very long. But even though it goes around the ankle, it's not big at all.

Hi to everyone else

Today is the day for new beginnings! For me anyway...I am back to walking again and hopefully I stick with it this time. I walk for a while and quit, then walk and quit...not sure why I lose my motivation. But after eating four brownies yesterday I feel like a oinker! But here's a swift kick in the arse... I needed that! Too much eating this week. With the brownies yesterday and BD cake Tuesday, not to mention eating out twice this past week and candy and popcorn at the movie...well, it's time to stop. I don't know what I weigh but I will NOT gain anymore. I'm going to go get some new weight watchers scales tomorrow and WI then but won't be official until Monday, my WI day. And I'm afraid of what those scales will say. Figure with different scales there will be a different weight. Doesn't matter though...I started walking this a.m. again. My plan is to either go walking when I get up and then tan or tan and then walk at the park. So this morning I got in a 2 mile walk. Will do this M, T, Thurs & Friday, possibly Saturday for the walking depending on what's going on. I've just got to get back on track and quit farting around. So...need to add my miles again. But rather than put April Miles, etc. just going to add Miles Walked. Also, on my third bottle of water so...so far, so good. Anywho...that's about all I have for now.

Take care ladies and have a GREAT Monday!
Old 04-17-2006, 02:40 PM   #13  
ugggg.....

Cristina--my co-workers house went on the market last September and they received an offer right away but had to wait until the buyers house sold--they gave the buyer six months and the house still wasn't sold so it went back on the market last week with no price increase though prices in this area continue to go through the roof--they had 3 showings and got three offers--the realtor told them that if these buyers don't agree to the as is on the appliances then he will just put it back on the market with a price increase. DD has a anklet tattoo--it's blue roses and the leaves & vine and I think it's beautiful, she also has a turquoise & purple butterfly with a tribal design on her lower back. I have three which can't be seen unless I have on a tank top-a celtic heart on my right shoulder, a moon & stars on my left and mid center of my back is a rose with two locks--DH has the exact same one on his arm--no names for us....
We had the no facial piercings. My son really wanted his eyebrow pierced, but now he says he's glad we said no.

Ginny--I am surprised Cristina didn't come up with the song that my son sounds like is me talking to him---it's called "Simple Man" by Lynryd Skynyrd,
goes like this..
Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this, It will help you some sunny day.
Take your time... Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
Go find a woman and you'll find love,
And don't forget son,
There is someone up above.

And be a simple kind of man.
Be something you love and understand.
Be a simple kind of man.

Won't you do this for me son,
If you can? Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul,
And you can do this if you try.
All that I want for you my son,Is to be satisfied.

Boy, don't you worry... you'll find yourself.
Follow you heart and nothing else.
And you can do this if you try.
All I want for you my son,Is to be satisfied.

Sorry for taking up so much space....

Hey is everyone gonning for a Monday weigh in--should we do a thread for it--like are 21 day challenge????

Last edited by jules1216; 04-17-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:42 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Okay, I'm back again!

Had to come back and thank MaryKate for the post card from Disneyland and the Easter card from Ms. Angie! THANK YOU ladies!

ANGIE...as I said...I got it! YAY! A day late but better late than never, lol! And what you went through to send it makes it all that more special! Hey, when I first went looking for my first tat...I wanted a sunflowers around my ankle but I couldn't find the exact one I was looking for, so I started with the small heart and rose w/Nathan's name under it.

MARYKATE...completely forgot you were headed to Disneyland for spring break! Hope you guys are having tons of fun! Which I know you are It's Disneyland, how can you not?!

JULES...omg! I LOVE that song! And while I did think of it, wasn't sure if it would be a good one for a wedding...but it is a good song. And...love Lynryd Skynard's version but have you heard Shinedowns version? OMG!!! Now that guy can sing it and I love it so much more. So much I had DD make a copy of the CD for me just for that one song. There are some others on there but that one is the best! You know, they say once you get a tattoo it becomes addictive. I have been wanting another since I got my first one on my left ankle. Just a simple rose & heart with our baby's name underneath. DS Josh, the one in the Army has about 5 tats and even DD has one. She wanted one forever and I told her no, not until she is 18. So for her 18th BD she finally got a butterfly with vine like thing across her lower back. Her butterfly is purple too! Here's the one I am thinking about http://tattoo.about.com/cs/tatart/l/blheatherankle1.htm then I saw this one and I like it too: http://www.primevalink.com/images/P1010001dawn.jpg Anywho...geez, three offers! I would love to get one! We've had so many people look and they say they like it but it, but say it is too small. So, we've already decided that if we don't get an offers we'll just let the contract run out and stay here. We have things that we have been wanting to do and then decided to sell. Kind of having seconds thoughts now. So we will just wait and see what happens. I think your co-workers were being generous in giving the poeple six months to sale.

Well, I got on to thank the ladies for the cards and sit and eat my lunch. For some reason I was wanting a tuna sandwich from Subway and that is what I had...on honey oat bread. Not sure calorie wise if that is a good choice or not but it sure tasted good! And I don't eat chips with it so that counts doesn't it? Well, better get going. Was going to go color my hair and do another load of laundry. Haven't colored my hair in about 6 months I think so it's time. Ta ta for now ladies!

P.S. forgot to say...a Monday WI sounds good to me Jules. I've been weighing in on Mondays for a while now. Whadda ya say ladies?
Old 04-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #15  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies.......

Had a good weekend. Didn't do too much, went a got Jhanai for a day so she could have Easter Dinner w/us. Now she is back home and James left for K-Falls this morning....I'm all alone w/all this left over food!

Angie--Jhanai's hair look pretty cute. I didn't mind that she got her hair colored at all. I knew she was going to do it. But to do it before picture day?? What really got me was...it was her dad that did it for her, and that he didn't even think once about having it done before picture day. I'm mad at him really. At least it's cute on her. It's multicolor blue.

Susan--Why did everyone think you were taking them shopping?? We have a Kohls here that just opened a week ago. Jhanai has been wanting to go and check it out. So we're doing that next weekend.

Jules--Tattoos.....Good thing you didn't do the name thing. I did that and regretted it as soon as I did it! But it's covered now and I will change the look someday.

Cristina--I'm so looking forward to going on vacation. Just to get away from everything here!! Although, I've been reading and hearing how SF has had Mudslides and earthquake watches! By July it'll probably be so darn hot!! Must pack accordingly!

Ginny--Your bike looks nice! I would love to have one but would have no where to put it! I've been wanting a treadmill but for the same reasons I haven't. W/the gazelle, I can fold it up and put it up against the wall.

Michelle--Glad to see you posting more. About other threads...don't feel bad. It was probably something that they had started as a group, and wanted to track all weightloss so far from that group. I'm thinking that they wanted you to sign a bio and join them so you could be part of it. Congratulations on the weighloss so far!!

Ellen--Your clipart is nice...too bad Easter has come and gone...what is the next holiday that you'll be putting up?? Time sure is flying by and it's got my head spinning!! Wish things would just slow down.

Connie--My thoughts are w/you!! Hope surgery goes well and that once you're out you heal quickly!! Not a fun thing to go through. Just take it easy once you've had it and pop in when you have time, we all understand.

Katy--You know, I have never tried a peep. I'm not a marshmellow fan (unless its melted) and so I have never tried one. The idea of a sugar coated marshmellow......really doesn't sound good. (are they?)

Hello to everyone else!! Hope you had a lovely weekend.

Well it's pass noon, I have a kitchen full of dishes that I left from yesterday...knew I'd regret it today but left them anyway! And I still need to get on my gazelle.

So I better get going.

Have a great day!
Closed Thread