Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 03:53 PM   #31  
GmaTo8

Katiecat - thank you so much for the post card from Disneyland in CA. In 22 days, I'll be at Disney World in FL.

Question to you gals in Canada - did you get your Easter cards from me??? I mailed them from the Walmart mailbox a few days earlier than the ones to the girls in the States. I mailed theirs from the post office. Anyway, someone said they don't pick up mail at that box anymore, so now I'm wondering!! Please don't make me go back to double-check the posts.

Wow - too many posts to catch up on!

The phone company still hasn't made it here, and I'm getting irate about that!

Talk to you tomorrow.......
Old 04-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #32  
Ginny

Just a quickie here for now.. Jules I am sorry, I must have you mixed up with someone.. ok ladies, who has a daughter getting married this December. I know someone does..I am so confused.. I need help... Trying to get things ready to open on MOnday, and I just feel so tired and it just isn't fun anymore... it is just plain lots of hard work.... I am ready to retire... wish I could...now I have a bunch of stuff to do before tomorrow so I'll checklater.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:11 PM   #33  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi Ladies

V (DH) called and reminded me that I had planned on getting new scales today, um, I forgot. So went and did that really fast. Was too excited about other things I simply forgot. I went and did it! Okay, so it's not bad...I joined It Figures! It's a place like curves, just like Curves to be exact. I have been going there to tan the last couple of years and have wanted to join but the thought of facing others while I work out didn't do anything for me. Well, I weighed this morning and did not like what I saw. I am up to 201! Double Enough is enough so while tanning , well after tanning, Charlotte (the lady who owns the place and is a friend of DS) was talking and asked me if I was still walking, etc., etc...so I just did it! And that has put me in such a good mood. Just the thought of doing something good for myself has made me feel really good. I told her I need a swift kick in the butt! She said she wouldn't do that but would encourage me. Anyway, will start that tomorrow. And...I've had 3 bottles of water so far today and a mile walk. May do another later...we'll see. Anyway, so now I need to redo my ticker and start from today's weight. Of course when I weigh on the new scales it may be higher, or it may be lower, we'll see. I'll weigh on the tomorrow but won't go with an official weight until Monday morning.

MARTI...yes, it is a tattoo I am speaking of, but it looks like it could pass for an anklet. I'm torn between those two tattoos. I found the heart one and really like it. Lord knows I've had my heart broken enough times through the years, and mended so that one really caught my eye. WTG on your NSV! Doesn't it feel so good?

GINNY...my Josh is fine. His knee has almost completely healed, thank goodness. I was worried for a while, especially when he mentioned surgery. Glad your Josh is fine as well. That's terrible that the school/internship won't cover at least some of the costs. It's hard when they don't have insurance and the hospitals anymore demand being paid. They won't turn you down, but they sure bill ya!

ANGIE...I've having a hard time deciding between the tattoos now. I'm leaning towards the heart. But now, where to put it. I think I forgot to thank you for the picture of the boys, wow! They sure have grown since the last one I saw. Well, that's the first I saw of Brandon, but Tanner...looks so big. I think he looks a lot like you too! You have two handsome lads there missy!

MICHELLE...there was a time people looked down at people who got tattoos but I must say things have changed. There are some that still do, but I think it is more acceptable now days. And the age range of people who are getting them now too has changed. WTG on our weight loss again! And...I LOVE Leslie Sansone's WATP videos & DVD's! I have two or three, can't remember. I know I have one and two and thought I had the 3 mile one also. Or maybe I was looking to buy the 3 mile one and haven't found it. I am going to have to look now. I use those though, and I walk on the treadmill or at the park. Weather permitting, I would rather be outdoors.

HI & EILEEN!Glad to have ya aboard and looking forward to getting to know you!

ELLEN...it is hard having your life put on hold. V and I were just discussing this Sunday. I told him are we supposed to just quit living in the hopes that we sell? Well, no. So, I bought another tree for the back and put flowers on the deck. That's about all we will do for now. But we will continue with our plans we had if we don't sell. Heard word today that the people who looked at it Saturday morning, well, it was just the wife-her DH was out of town. Anyway, she said she liked it but...it's priced too high for the area. I have to laugh at this one because apparently she hasn't done much looking in the area. Her realtor told ours this and she probably wants to look at it again with her DH. So she liked it and if they do look at it again and place an offer we know what she is thinking already. Anyway...I'm not letting it stress me out anymore! And yes, Missy, where were you yesterday? I was lonely here.

MINDEE...I hope the boys are having a better day, poor little guys. I hate to see them get booboo's. Here's a hug for them from me Okay, you can say the "p" word, lol! And it looks like Brandon is gowing, yay!

SUSAN...where have I heard that before? Hmmm, oh yeah...I think I have said it a couple of times and V just looks at me like I am crazy. Of course DD has said it also, has a closet full of clothes like her mother and still says I have nothing to wear. Hope you are feeling better today.

JULES...I too miss the kids being little. When I found that song for Ginny, I was listening to it and the memories were playing in my head. So many good, cute memories. Hope your allergies get better soon. I've actually done pretty good this year so far (knock on wood).

KATY...going to have to go and do the test and see what it says about me. I don't watch the show often but have caught it a few times since DD loves it!

JANE...good to see you back and hear that you guys are all moved in. And thank you for the Easter card, can't remember if I thanked you or not. ;thanks:

Jeez, I hope I didn't miss anyone. Hard trying to catch up sometimes, and go up and down to make sure I didn't miss something or someone. Which, I am sure I have. So...

Hi to everyone else

Guess I better get going. Still have a load of laundry to dry and make my bed. I took the sheets off to change them but then sprayed the mattress with Febreeze so was letting it dry and air out. I need to flip them but can't do it myself so will wait until I change the sheets next. Or just leave the bed un-made until V gets home, which will be late. Also, gotta go change my ticker and print up some of AOL's calendars.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 04-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #34  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

GINNY...that's Ellen's DD getting married in December. I know how you feel though, it gets confusing sometimes around here. And hard to keep up!

MARTI...this CD that I got those songs off does have songs for DD's too! I am going to order the CD for "when" and "if" one of my kids ever get married. I'll go find it for ya and post them tomorrow. And yes, Martina McBride has the DD song which is nice also. I LOVE her music!

Okay, really gotta go now. Have a good one ladies!
Old 04-18-2006, 06:32 PM   #35  

Height: 5'1"

Poppin in before I hit the showers!

Did 30mins on my gazelle. Was watching tv part of the time and listening to music the other part!! Was glad that the half hour was gone!

Jane--Loved the photos!! Very nice home you have. How does Neil feel about it now that it's finished?? And does Mary want to switch houses again??

Ginny--I got confused on whose DD was getting married too!! What's happening on Monday?? See I you probably mentioned it already and here I'm asking!! Hope you get some rest...you sound tired.

Cristina--The heart is a cute one. At first I wasn't sure why you would want it, but now it makes sense to me. The question on tattoos is always the same for me...where would I want another one??? I have one on my back and one on my leg. Where would I put another one??

Ok....needing a shower like you wouldn't believe!!

Chat w/you all next time!!
Old 04-18-2006, 09:57 PM   #36  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Talking

Cristina ~ I'm happy you're drinking your water and walking. You do feel so good when you're doing something good for yourself! I know some mornings, like today, I did not feel like doing the WATP. Well I did the 2 mile one with the weights and then I felt so much better when I was done. Have a great evening...
Old 04-19-2006, 12:02 AM   #37  
Closed

JANE'S

HI JANE.... HAPPY NEW HOUSE.....
Am I even close i'd like that house its really cute don't you think. When do we get pictures, soon I hope. Its so good to have you back, You are back aren't you I bet you don't want to do that ever again do you I am so happy you are all moved and settled , now I can come for a visit I got my card Jane, I Thanked you in a post many many posts ago Can you believe all the yakking us hens have been doing, I hope you are getting lots of rest now, and having a great time in your new house.

HI CRISTI....
I tried so hard to get to you yesterday, but between the doorbell ringing , the phone ringing , the kids popping in and out, I was as I said to pooped to post It was one of those days when you have nothing inside to work with. I did a lot today , believe it or not, I finished painting the cupboards, the island , I put a couple of coats of polyurethane on the counter tops and I freshened up the seats of my chairs with a fresh coat to. My neck is sore and I am covered in paint, I don't need to go for highlights now, I have some nice white ones in my hair. Yay Cristi for joining a fitness gym, good for you, now remember you actually have to go now I used to go with my daughter, but she has a membership with her sweetie at "White Oaks" doesn't that sound posh well its to expensive for me. She said she would try it for a while , but would rather go with me to our usual place The passion pit, ha ha got you there I bet, no just kidding, we might try curves though. Good for you not letting the house situation get in the way, life's to short , when the right person comes along , you won't have missed a thing. Isn't that a song I don't want to miss a thing , I love that song, used to make me cry all the time, so I stopped listening to it. Now to the tattoo issue. if you are leaning toward the heart Miss Cristi, there is only one place to put it, on your sleeve, or under your sleeve , but on your arm where your sleeve would be , if you wear sleeves that is what did you think of my chip tattoo, no one , not one person commented on my chip tattoo , I am so offended I let out my inner desires and nothing , Nada I just heard that my house that I sold before moving here just resold for one hundred thousand dollars more than I got for it, ouch that really hurt, what a difference 5 years made Oh well it wasn't like I had a choice in the matter, just life throwing you another blow. I like my little dwelling, I miss my gardens at my other house, but maybe someday, I will get to doing the same here, as I did there. Well I hope your having a wonderful night, relaxing , reading a book or just hanging out with the family

HI SUSIE Q ....

I am here nice teeth aren't they. I was tired , lack of energy, lack of food Wasn't I nice to let you off the hook from doing the weigh in on Monday. So how is it going for you, are you as pooped as I am. How come you didn't get your shoes yet ? Mommy has to have some things to you know. It sounds like you have been busy running all over the place and shopping , you went shopping and you were sick Poor Susan. Do you feel better now ? I hope you feel better now
I hope you are all snuggled up in a blanket watching a good movie, or sleeping. Night Susan

HI MARTI....
. I could see the whole encounter with the vending machine in my mind One thing I did with my kids was pick my battles, things like hair and clothing trends never really bothered me, I was always concerned about the real dangers out there for them. I fortunately never had to deal with anything like drugs or drinking , I counted my blessings everyday for that. Both my kids are grown now , and I can only pray that the rest of their lives turn out well for them. Jhanai is just going through what all kids go through and if blue hair is the worst of it, everything will be fine I hope your having a great night.

HI JULES....
Thank you that was very sweet of you to say. I am happy I can make you smile. I hope your Daughter won't feel to bad when your Son proposes to his Girlfriend , do you think she will be ok.I know the world doesn't stop for one broken heart but I do feel so badly for her, I'm sure she is so heartbroken right now and you are for her. Its such a tough thing for anyone to go through. It will be her time again, even though I know she thinks it will never happen. It is my daughter who is getting married in December, and as a Mom yes I worry, even though she is marrying a wonderful young man, I just read a funny saying , about wonderful young men, and how they all started out that way. I can only hope and pray. I hope you are having a nice night Jules
and to you and your daughter

HI GINNY....
It was my daughter who is getting married in December, Its hard keeping track of everyone and their kin It sounds like you are a little , or a lot stressed at work, how long till you can retire. I think you need a vacation, come on over to my house, and we can sup tea, and watch old movies It doesn't have to be tea, anything your little heart desires is fine with me. I hope you are getting some rest , chat tomorrow

HI MICHELLE.....
How did you do on your Easter Weekend did you find any temptations or did you manage to do just fine. Hope you are having a great night

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE.... HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A WONDERFUL NIGHT, CHAT TOMORROW , NIGHT GIRLS

Last edited by Tea Rose; 04-19-2006 at 12:56 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:05 AM   #38  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Logan went for his 6 month check up today! He is 17lbs. and 26 ½ inches long. There is only 6 ¼ inches between Brandon and Logan. And 13 lbs. between them! She checked out Logan and said that he looks great! She asked what he was doing development wise and we told her, she said that he is right on target for his age. She also said that he is doing things now that he isn’t suppose to do yet. He goes next Tuesday at 1:15pm for his four month shots since he was sick when he was suppose to get them. We also have to take Brandon into the pediatrician’s office for a lead test next week. She asked if he was starting to get nervous around strangers, and from what we could tell he wasn’t. She leaned in and started to exam him, and he got nervous with her! She also took a peak in his mouth and said that all of his teeth are in the gums, now just the wait for them to pop through. She also checked Brandon’s teeth yesterday and said that he has all of his teeth including his molars in the back.

We will be going internet less as of next Tuesday. So, I will try to get on here before then to post again. If not, then I won’t be back on here until after we move and get hooked back up with internet. Hope it won’t be too long!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:58 AM   #39  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Michelle, Ive been told that women who have had hysterctomies gain weight,,,which scares me,,going on my second month since surgery.
I don't think there is anyone in here who has any thyroid issues...

Marti, Im doing costumes for Aladdin, Im taking tons of pics for this show. My LAST one...then Im taking up blacksmithing!

Christina, I love both tattoos,,,infact I may end up stealing your heart one too! Why not right? We are so similar in everything,,,we drive teh same vehicle! lol I was watching Miami Ink the Kat special,,,I told everyone here that when I loose 100 lbs I want a tattoo done by Kat. Brandon's tattooist is fantastic,,,similar style to Kat. Told him he should buy his grandma a tattoo for her 60th...lol

Jane, Im so glad you are all settled now...and hopefully the phones will be up also. Katy will be so excited to be coming home to a new place. Yes THANK you for the card,,,I wanted to wait till you were back to thank you.

Jules,,,I feel and look horrid,,,allergies are killing me. I scratched my eye lid bad last night while i slept. Both eyes are swollen,,itchy,,,throat is itchy,,,Im cranky. My stuff takes a good 3 days to really kick in,,,on an average allergy day,,,this is extreme right now,,,took Benedryl and it makes me all tired...which enhances my cranky mood...I know what your thinking,,,wow I sure wish i was hanging with her right now...she would be alot of fun...lol
oh ya i am Susan,,,,from Desperate Housewives. I can't believe that,,,thought forsure Bree.

Anyways need to get to bed...hello Ellen and Susan,,,did you notice you both posted at the same minute? You guys are spooking me.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:20 AM   #40  
Closed

Cool

GOOD MORNING LADIES
What a beautiful day it is , the sun is shining so brightly, birds and squirrels are as happy as birds and squirrels should be It feels like it is going to be a beautiful day weather wise and hopefully everything else will follow . Yes I fell out of bed this morning ,my eyes were so itchy I thought I was going to dig another eye socket , so I thought it best to get up and put some nice cool water on them instead. I made my coffee , put another coat of polyurethane on my counter tops and headed upstairs to my computer and here I am. I think a lot of us are suffering with allergies right now, miserable things aren't they.

HI ANGIE....
I had a hysterectomy at 27 years old , I don't think you have to worry about the weight gain , it didn't affect me at all, I didn't have a weight issue up until the last few years, and that's a good 23 years ago. Angie get my chip tattoo no one likes my chip tattoo idea Oh by the way what were you doing up so late last night. I take reactine, affects me the same way, if I plan on getting anything done in the day, I can't take it. I'd hang out with anyways, we could be cranky together. Where did you get that quiz from I want to take it, see who I am like. I hope you have a great day today Angie.
HI MINDEE....
I don't like being internet less , its like being naked in front of a mirror, ewe yes it is that bad Once you get settled , everything will be back to normal, you will be so busy you probably won't even miss me miss it It sounds like little Logan is catching up to his big little brother pretty fast , time to get started on the next one I'm kidding Kiss the babies and I hope you have a great day.

HI SUSAN
.... Get up.....are you up.....its weigh day had you worried didn't I. I'm sitting here waiting for you , come hurry up.

HI CRISTI.....
I have been waiting here for hours, come on its lonely here, I got up early just to spend time with you

HI GINNY.....
I'm looking for you Ginny, maybe your still sleeping,

HI MARTI.....
Good Morning,Good Morning.

HI JANE....
Can you come out today . I don't know how I missed the house pictures but I did , very beautiful Jane , I love your quilts, your home looks so warm and welcoming, CONGRATULATIONS
HI JULES.....
Its a beautiful day, come on the coffee's ready.

HI MICHELLE....
Are you up, its a beautiful day out.
HI KATY.....
Its no housework day today Yay

HI SUE....
Grab your hardhat they are starting with out you .

HI EILEEN....
Where are you its roll call time

HI CONNIE...
My prayers and thoughts are with you this week

OK DID I GET EVERYONE UP , ARE YOU OUT OF BED AND DRESSED , GOOD , NOW I CAN GO BACK TO BED JUST KIDDING, REALLY.

Last edited by Tea Rose; 04-19-2006 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:24 AM   #41  
ugggg.....

Ginny--no harm done with the mix up!! It does get confusing sometimes.

Cristina--I love the slim-n-tone gym I go to which is like Curves too. They added a Wednesday nigh pilates class after closing which I have been going to.

Marti--way to go on the gazelle!!

Michelle--I feel better too when I am drinking enough water and exercising--keep it up--congrats on the 9 lb loss!

Ellen--my DD will say it's about time when DS finally even gives the girl a ring. They have been on and off since high school and DD didn't like either of the other two girls DS dated in between. DD & I have both been worried that Alicia was not going to wait for him to decide that she is as wonderful as we know she is.

Mindee--you will be missed while your internet is down!!

Angie--I didn't think I'd be Edie--I thought that I would be Lynette...but you know--I had those Lief Garrett posters on my wall when Nicolette was dating/living with him....hmmmm....maybe that's the connection!! Have you tried the Visine A.C. that is specifically for itching and burning eyes die to pollen dust and ragweed. It does help...I keep a bottle in my purse during this time of year--also try switching from the Benedryl to Claritin sometimes I find that it helps to do a different OTC med--I don't know if your body gets used to one and the change helps?

Jane--what a beautiful house--my DD loves Johnny Depp too--it's a running joke that he's her future husband.....
Old 04-19-2006, 10:07 AM   #42  
kitty Momo

psssst, Ellen , do you know what a gazelle is? I always picture Marti laying in one sipping tea and reading a book.
I am awake and it isn't weigh day is it? You don't scare me though we spook Ang - lol - (btw Ang- I was going to ask you what ever happened to BFL?)
Anyway, I weighed 178 this morning.
My goals today are:
1. Buy walking shoes
2. Walk 2 miles
3. Drink 80 oz;s of water
4. Eat something......lol, I haven;t figured that part out. I am already mourning what I can't eat,,,,,,lol. I don't know why this is so hard, it isn't like I haven't done this before!! UGH,,,,,,,,

better get, I need to get the girls up and out the door.....
Old 04-19-2006, 10:09 AM   #43  
Give me strength

Default good morning

Good morning Ladies,

Mother Ellen, I was up late last night cause I didn't drink my coffee till about 10, even though I bought it at 6. I have gotten so used to drinking cold coffee. And I have alot to do today so I also did some cleaning last night, I was waiting for the washer to be done so I could throw another load in befor heading to bed. All I have when I do find the time is to fold 3 loads of laundry. I cleaned the kitchen and one bathroom. Have only 1 more to go,,,and going to make the boys clean their own! And to think that I will have another bathroom to clean soon...*sigh

Jules, I have it all, I have the nose stuff too....

well need to race off for my tanning appointment,,,(another thing Christina and I have in common) oil change right after, then off to buy Aladdin shoes. then to Aladdin rehearsal, come home make dinner then of to the cabaret. Gawd even I feel this is too much,,,and on 6 hours of sleep,,,arghhh
Old 04-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #44  
Give me strength

I shold follow BFL again,,,I lost the most weight with that Susan,,but its hard to do it when I don't have time to do the basics.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:24 AM   #45  
ugggg.....

what's BFL???

Beautiful Foxy Lizards

Bats Fly Low

Bite Fresh Lettuce

Big Fancy Leotard

Body Fits Less

Closed Thread