3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Daily Check In - Long and Mini Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/81088-daily-check-long-mini-goals.html)

cacmsc 04-24-2006 08:42 PM

Girls I have dusted myself off and ready to get back on that dang wagon again. I tried hard today to increase my water and then to make healthy choices and watch the portions. I didn't do too bad. I journal wrote my intakes and then commented for myself. Marie honey your it my buddy to walk with and eat right with we can do this. I am going to knock off this over eatting thing. I have let things slip back into my diet and that is the problem. Too much of the portions and not always the best choices. So half of fixing the problem is knowing the problem so I am 1/2 way there! Better attitude tonight. I didn't exercise and won't really til wed. then do fri. and sat. this week. First I am going to concentrate on my portions and foods, water. Then the walking again and exercise. It was a busy day at work. Oh mondays never know what will be waiting for you. I finished up some things that needed to be done. On tues. I hope to write some reports and have an afternoon meeting. I have my menu planned for tues. preplanning once again. I am also into counting and measuring things out. Its got to work eventually how can it not? Sounds like everyone else is moving forward too! That is great. I like that 25lb. cat wow slim is a great name for him.
Marie doing the scale will help us try harder to lose I hope. Also the study said it keeps us more on task and better results. The folks that used a scale lost more and kept it off. Now that would be a great thing. So lets go girls!
Girls add 7lbs. for me as a goal by 5/27 lets get moving we can do this. I am going to use the scale every 3 days this week trying to stay on track.

chaarli 04-25-2006 01:44 AM

Arrgghh

I've set myself to sort myself out and get back into things and I'm sick with a sore throat. I think I'll use the next few days to plan things out and get my head sorted and then completely restart on Saturday. I like starting on a weekend.I exercise daily and that's good but I want to up my exercise and get my food back under control which it isn't at the moment.
Tomorrow my goal will be do drink enough water.

cacmsc 04-25-2006 06:21 AM

Chaarli I know what you mean not only do you have to be prepared to start over you have to be in the mood fully. I feel that after my scale numbers on monday it scared me into moving forward. I did good yesterday and preplanned things out it helped. For each one of us something different moves us along hopefully in the right direction. I am tracking everything closely til I get a good grip again. I feel better today better frame of mind. I did the scale this a.m. and it was down a bit. But I am not totally surprised as I had eaten salty ham, chips etc. Needless to say its so easy to add things back into our intakes things we know don't belong. So I have to clean up my intake a bit. Today I am going to try to squeeze in a 30 min. walk during my day. I used fitday.com last night to see if my calories were correct. The calories were still higher than I would like but at least healthy foods. 1620 cals. I normally shoot for 1500. I ate cashews 10 cajun ones as a snack that raised my cals a bit. But they are healthy in moderation. Hopefully everyone else is off to a good start today. I am trying to remember to that if yah mess up one day don't let it be a week. By looking at my journal that should help me stay focused. My friend said she gained 4lbs. since we started walking she had a doctors appt. yesterday. I told her I think its because we were so hungry after that we defeated our walk though we did tone up and muscle does weigh more correct? At any rate I still want the scale down and know I need to make healthy changes to reflect the scale changes. I hate to say it but at least I had company on this gain. Now maybe together we can all lose.
One day closer to May 27th goal 7lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! Mini goal 10 miles a week. Still counting.

Nikki128 04-25-2006 07:32 AM

Hi girls-

Yesterday was a good day for me. I walked up and down the stairs about 6 times and did my ball routine. It is a baby step but I bet a few days of that I will start seeing results. I am commited this time around.

I wanted to say congrats to us all for getting on this and doing it :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Nikki

the slim me 04-25-2006 01:51 PM

Good morning all, Can I join that fitness goal? I only need about 5 more lb. but i'll aim for that! I know we can do it, don't you?

Now about that standing crunch....exactally how do you do it? Pretend you're explaining it to a very dense OLD lady....with the weights on your ankel do you raise your knee up or lift your leg out? My abs are my problem area. It's always the first place I gain and the last place I lose!

cacsmc, Glad you're back in the groove! I think we all hae to reavualate now and then. I keep measuring cups in the cereal and remeasure things like rice and potatoes occasionally. It's just too easy to forget how much a serving really is.

Make it a good day, Freda

Marie 04-25-2006 02:54 PM

Wow, that's 38 pounds we want to lose as a group by May 27th. See what you've started, Nikki???

Okay, I did the ugly deed. I stepped on the HORRIBLE white box and nearly died at the number. It was horrible, terrible, terrifying. I've gained and gained. I guess not being a slave to the box didn't work. :( But at least I have my starting point for the 10 pound challenge. I definitely wasn't expecting the number I saw since my jeans fit close to the same as I did 14 pounds ago. I guess muscle does weigh more than fat since my body size is the same. Terrible icky, I tell you. I'm definitely SCARED into submission. I will be very good.

Other than the horrible numbers on the scale, the day is so so. I'm working with an idiot that screwed up one of our student databases. I hate when people don't ask questions if the peg doesn't quite fit in the hole. Sometimes it's good to ask before deciding to change something to make the peg fit. Can you tell I'm very frustrated????

I did exercise this am and during one of the miles, I added 1 pound hand weights for a tad more work. Yesterday was great since I had the day off and DH did too. We did go on a 3 mile hike with the doggies and it was so nice out. I love walking outdoors even though the asthma doesn't like it. There's nothing like mountains surrounding you.

Last year I started this goal of doing situps daily, starting with 10 and working up to daily. I had this ridiculous goal of 50. I made it up to 30 do-able situps then I struggled to add more. So then I quit. I think that the premise was good, just too high of a goal. So now, I'm going to restart at 10 situps and add one situp every other day until I reach 25 situps. Then I'll stay there. I'll be adding that on top of the walking. But I think my back and posture would be better if i strengthened the abs.

Okay, back to work. I'll chat with you later.
Marie

Marie 04-25-2006 05:26 PM

Hi All, I just put the cheese blintz recipe into my calorie program and found it had 219 calories per serving (based on the recipe I shared making 10 blintzes and using part skim ricotta cheese). I'd made it for myself last Friday and have had one for breakfast a couple times. It's good on the protein too.
Marie

chaarli 04-25-2006 06:52 PM

Morning all
Feeling better here.
I hopped on the scales this morning as was disgusted with how much I have put on so that was great motivation to get this thing up and running.
I'm going to set myself some mini goals and see if that heaps me get my drive back.
I exercise on the treadmill 5 days a week for 1/2 an hour but I'm also going to try and do some exercise videos or go for an extra walk as well, I need to get my water intake back up and better levels, and I brought myself a new book to start journalling in.

cacmsc 04-26-2006 06:48 AM

I am telling you girls that dang white square got me motivated. I am keeping him in the closet and letting him out only for 30 seconds a day for balance. I feel good to Marie thats the problem. I felt like everything was fitting so nicely etc. Well I am sure I have lost inches but I want the weight down too. Oh are we asking for the moon? I sure hope not cause I want it gone. I have did good yesterday again. I had a funny type of eating though. I actually had a whole wheat piece of br. with peanut butter before going out last night. Then I came back took out some frozen shrimp and sauted them in a little garlic oil and ate them with ct sauce. Then had a 60 calorie fudgie to end my dinner. Kind of funkie food choices but not so unhealthy. I have been good about staying away from sweets unless their lower cal. Fudgies are a nice treat. I bought some healty whole wheat crackers the other day and had one with my soup at lunch. They are whole wheat, pumpkin seed, flax seed, sesame seed and some other healthy stuff. Not to bad the one friend at work said yuk. But they give me a crundh and are filling at 100 cals. fiber etc. So now I have something they will stay out of!!!!!!!!! I did add in a few cajun cashews but I counted out 6 they were the big ones. I added up everything for the day 1400 cals today. Not so bad see I need to journal for sure. The scale is moving to the lower numbers. I am walking today. I think there is a current Family Cirlce with info. on walking away the lbs. I think its worth grabbing. I did well with walking my problem I think was adding in extra cals as I was so hungry. So low cals healthy choices instead this time around. The sun is shining and I will go around both lakes today 4 miles. I am taking a snack to have ahead of time.
Good luck girls the square thing might not be so friendly but in the long run keeps us in line. The truth hurts but it sure does make us get moving in the right direction. I love company so I am glad your all there for this journey the more the merrier. Power in numbers they say!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chaarli when I journal and am honest with my intakes and scale numbers I see results. So have fun journalling. I circle the oh so not good choices add up my calories and write down my exercise and track that for the month. That way I can see how many times I walked etc. Also can repeat menus when I need some ideas.
Good luck ladies!!!!!!!!!! Checking in here sure helps keep me motivated.

Nikki128 04-26-2006 07:07 AM

Hi girls -

I am hapy to report I am down 1.6 lbs this week. It is a start :)
I agree cac the white square does motivate us !!

Nikki

marbleflys 04-26-2006 11:45 AM

Hi everyone, I'm back.....had a productive day off, packed up 4 boxes and two bags of various STUFF to be donated to the Vietnam Vets.....they pick up at the door and leave me a nice ticket for charitible donations for my income tax.

I can now walk on the floor in the guest room and I have 2 empty drawers to fill with new STUFF.

I ordered TurboJam yesterday from QVC for variety....I didn't get to really exercise unless we can count "jumping to conclusions"....my head seems to be permanently lodged in the garbage disposal....I left my gym clothes in the car, so i'll get extra exercise hiking back to the garage....(it's about 1/4 mile trec. through this huge medical complex where i work).

Due to the fact that my head is screwed up, I didn't sleep but 3 hours. It was a struggle to feed the cats this AM, let alone exercise, so I've got to suck it up after work and work longer....the double workouts seem to elevate my mood better.

Oh Marie, I will send both of the cats to you.....they are giant Maine Coones. Slim weighs 25 lbs...(he lives to eat) and Wylie-Coyote weighs in at 18 lbs. and is TRUE PIMA! he's very arrogant.

I'm sorry about the scale HORROR:fr: :fr: Marie experienced...but she's right, that's her jumping off point...(congrats on the 1.6 Nicki)..and I think it would better to find out now than when it's time to jump into her bikini!:devil:

gottarun..busyatwork, BBL..:carrot:

marbleflys 04-26-2006 11:48 AM

oh, here's an idea I sometimes use for exercise incentive....PAY yourself $1.00 or 2.00 everytime you work out....at the end of the month you've got a little mad money for a pat on the back treat.

Marie 04-26-2006 01:48 PM

Hey Marble, I pay myself $1 for every mile I walk. I'm working towards a new LCD projector for my entertainment system. I like movies on the big screen. I started on 1/12/06 and I'm not sure what I'm up to but it's over 200 miles. It's been the greatest motivator. I do like my toys. :)

Scale HORROR - I love that description. It's amazing how many times it revererated off my brain throughout yesterday and a couple times today. I almost hopped back on it today to see if there was any improvement but I convinced myself that one day of being an angel wasn't going to undo the past 6 months. So I will wait until Friday. So I weigh on Tuesdays and Fridays, my most hated and most loved day of the week. I figure Tuesdays can' get worse with what it says (although yesterday gave it a run for it's money) and Friday is so darn wonderful that it can't be ruined.

Cats - I'm a doggie person. You're cats wouldn't like to live at my house. The two that do have been turned into outdoor cats (they lived with DS when he didn't live with us and he brought them with and I said no way to cats in the ouse although one used the doggie door early this am and I had to kick it back out). Most definitely your kitties should stay with you. Although they do sound like they're the sizes of a dog...

Nikki, way to go!!! You only have 8.4 pounds left till your May 27th goal.

Carol, yes the scale has motivated me into submission. Your food choices sound icky to me (allergies and pure hatred of seafood) but cool for you. Variety makes it more interesting.

I put my diet program (Lifeform) on my USB jump drive so that I can track my calories at work or at home. I tried fitday yesterday but didn't like it nearly like Lifeform. So if I'm going to track everything I eat, I wanted my program with me wherever I go. The jump drive goes everywhere. Yesterdays calories totalled at 1291. Actually, my goal is to be between 1500 - 1700 calories but I wasn't hungry so I just stopped knowing I was above the minimum. Today, I'm at 291 so far. I have a little over an hour till lunch and I did pack it. So I'm set for a few more hours. I also walked this am and will track it tonight - I'll let you know what I'm up to overall tomorrow.

Chaarli, I like exercise videos too. I'm not a gym person. I hate going anywhere so exercising in my own house is my best choice if I can't walk outdoors. And I hear you about increasing the water. I was down to almost nothing and have set a goal of 3 25 oz bottles. Failed miserably on Sunday, but have been doing good since.

Well, I should get back to work. Actually I have been working, I just toggle back here and write a little more. Probably why it's so disjointed. :)
Marie

judydc 04-26-2006 03:05 PM

I'm bustling around, getting ready to head back out to the airport, but wanted to check in with you to remind me I have some goals....such as walking past the Cinnabon counter, the candy bars, etc,. without stopping:devil: The conference center I'm staying at for the next few days has lots of fabulous homemade desserts. My colleague is promising to avoid the cakes and pies, too, so that should help. From there I go to Las Vegas for the weekend. The folks in my family are fond of buffets, and I tend to "eat my money's worth," but I will think of my friends on this thread and make good choices.

Marble, I have TurboJam, too. I enjoy it, although the woman's little verbal tics are already getting on my nerves.

Nikki, congrats on the loss!

Gotta go, my computer wants to shut down for some automatic update, grrr. I'll weigh myself when I return on Tuesday and join the Challenge, and try to check in at least once while I'm away.

Bye!

judy

marbleflys 04-26-2006 04:11 PM

thanks Judy, will I want to SLAP her hard?

I discovered chocolate cool-whip yesterday, NOT BAD with strawberries!