3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Daily Check In - Long and Mini Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/81088-daily-check-long-mini-goals.html)

chaarli 04-23-2006 03:36 PM

ladies may I join your thread/
I've had a bit of a break from my weight loss journey and need to get motivated again. Your thread caught my eye as you seem so supportive and caring.
I need to get my head together and get things back on track.
I have put on weight in the past year after losing a good amount so now I have to start again.

Nikki128 04-23-2006 03:38 PM

Welcome chaarli-

I am in the same boat as you and recently joined the thread. I look forward to getting to know you !

Nikki

Marie 04-23-2006 04:22 PM

Hi everyone, welcome Chaarli, good luck getting back on tract. Daily motivation is hardest for me. I know what to do, how to do it, but staying on path to keep doing it is not my forte. Exercise, that I do religiously but for reasons other than weight loss (help stave off depression).

Nikki, how is it going?

Judy, I'm sure glad you're starting to feel better. I don't know if I'm going to walk at all today, but I should. I've been listening to a book for a couple hours while I knitted (and lounged) and now my head is woozy.

Marble, I was looking at audible today too because my annual subscription ends in June. I love my ipod and got it for $100 off last June with a 1 year subscription. But when I'm listening to books, then I can't switch to music without losing my place in the book (if there's a way, I odn't know how and I'm too lazy to look). So I decided to see what offers they had for another year. There are several of them if you go to the device center (ipod shuffle for $40 something bucks or a creative muvo - BTW I had one of those and I liked it even though it didn't have a display). Anyway, there were some good deals. But I decided to go to ebay and find a creative muvo 128 since it should be cheap and it does play audible files (and I liked the one I had). I bid on one and got it for 8.68 and 8 shipping. So for under $17 I'm getting a different player just for audible. So, there is different devices out there that are dirt cheap and easier than CDs. But I do burn the CDs sometimes for road trips. If you're interested, PM me so I can refer you - then I get a free bookie - I like free and I like books. A perfect combo.

Okay, since this turned into a book, I shall exit. Talk to you later.
Marie

marbleflys 04-23-2006 04:41 PM

absolutely, Marie, I'll PM you first when I'm ready to jump in....oh I'm such a clutz, how *easy* is this to do with the IPOD???? duh.........(i've never even heard of a creative muvo?)....I'll be in touch when the funds are disposable, it would be great to have this as i'm working on the homestead through the summer.

cacmsc 04-24-2006 07:10 AM

Welcome Chaarli ! I am with you lets get moving today is monday and a whole new week.
Yah know girls I increased my walking which raised my intake of food as I was so hungry. So I let a few things slip in figuring oh I just had a long walk etc. Oh no! The scale wasn't friendly this morning but a must.Now I know ate some salty foods yesterday so some could be water but not all of it. I am going to really watch myself this week. I have to so I am preplanning , journaling my intakes and exercising or walking. But I will make sure water is also drank a bit more too. I had ham yesterday and that always makes a difference but at any rate I am still up there. Not happy at all! I know muscle wts more than fat but even with that its up there! Oh so mad at myself for letting little things slip back into my intake that I know shouldn't . So this week I will be hard on myself. I am also looking into the Sonoma diet has anyone tried it? Please let me know it sounds so healthy and when I am doing things right similar to my foods I like. So let me know. To all you new comers usually I am up beat but today just upset with myself . I will be using the scale for a good balance tool. I read in a study people whom used a scale lost more wt. cause it keeps you on track. I am not sure I fully agree but for right now will take their word. Judy glad your feeling better.
So off I am to grab my healthy lunch. Just had my banana and kashi. If I do the sonoma diet no fruit in the first 10 days. But I already have banana so I will use them up but becareful with the other stuff. Drinking more water will help too. I am off to the gym or walking if it doesn't rain today. Its cloudy right now flurries on tues. Where did my spring weather in the 70's go? Come Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

the slim me 04-24-2006 09:09 AM

hi

Good Morning Lovely Ladies, Hope everyone is doing well today! I had to work the weekend, but it rained the whole weekend any way! so, no big loss.

:welcome3: Marble and Chaari, Looking forward to getting to know you!

Niki, Don't beat your self up for eating after a painful procedure. I think most of us eat for confort. I think we just have to remember, it doesn't really confort us! Just adds to the problem! I do that too, though! After a hard day at work I try to calm myself down by eating! Doesn't work, never has, neve will!!! Why do I still do it?:rollpin:

Marble, You'll be back into those clothes by summer! Just remember how much you want to! This is what I do, but please remember i'm a little crazy: I try on an outfit that is just a little too tight and tell myself "next week this button is going to be closer to closing".

Charri, I lost down to my goal weight last summer, went on vacation and activated an old back injury and gained it all back! So, we're in the same boat! This time i'm determined not to gain it back! That's why I'd depending on this site to keep me on my toes!

cacmsc, Just pick your self up, dust yourself off, and get back on the wagon! We're all here to help you on!

Judy, so glad to hear that you are feeling better. I know that really knocks your socks off!

Marie, I wish I knew about all the things you're talking about, but i'm sad to say, I don't! I don't have an I-Pod, not even sure what it is. I know it's what al the kids wanted for Christmas this year! I just have my CD player and I get all my talking books at the library! I always have one in the car, one to use while i'm walking!!! I go through so many! I can order what I want from the library and they will get them for me, so works for me! Did you get your workout in?

Eveyone have a good day! Remember, we can't controle what others do, but we can controle our reactions to what they do! Freda

marbleflys 04-24-2006 09:25 AM

Thanks for the welcome in goils.....

Slim, (that's also the name of my 25 lb. cat)...you and I must be twins separated at birth....I do the same thing with my clothes...currently I can now wear 4-5 skirts that haven't seen my hips since 2003.....YES!:carrot:

c, I also have slipped with the food this past weekend, I've had too many heavier dinners, using food as recreation. time to cut back and remember what I'm putting in my mouth.

I worked out for 25 mins. this morning....and plan to hit the gym after work to use the treadmill and elliptical....the bad news is that we have luncheon today and it's this great pizza....:devil: so I really NEED to put in the time on some hard cardio.

TTYL, hmmmI wonder if my library would order cds? I should call and ask.

Nikki128 04-24-2006 09:36 AM

I am feeling much better today. I got a pt babysitting thing afternoons and feel better emotionally getting out of the house. I am hoping this is the start of alot of losing for me. I have a fancy date on May 27 and want to lose 10 lbs for it. You all heard it here. 10 lbs in 33 days. I think it is doable.

Marble- Way to go on the workout!'

Nikki

marbleflys 04-24-2006 10:07 AM

Nikki, YES it is POSSIBLE....what are you doing for workouts? one of my current favorites is standing abs..(like doing a crunch on your feet) wearing 3 lb. ankle wts. It is really tightening up the lower belly for me, I've been at it for 2 weeks intermittently.

Nikki128 04-24-2006 10:09 AM

Marble-

I am doing a ball routine using one of those big exercise balls. I can't do anything other then that because I am recovering from a broken ankle. What are standing abs??

Nikki

marbleflys 04-24-2006 10:12 AM

standing abs are just like laying down abs....imagine how you would work your obliques....lift the opposite leg and crunch....I use ankle wts, but you don't have to...

You could also work your arms and chest while resting your ankle with dumbbells.

Marie 04-24-2006 11:01 AM

Marble, that's quite a cool way to try and do crunches. Can you feel it working? I know I have to get back to some ab work to join my walking. My stomach is my problem area now.

Freda, that's cool that you can get your stuff from the library. My parents can do that in Minneapolis too. Me, I live in the middle of nowhere and the library has nohing newer than 20 years old. So I buy my audiobooks.

Carol, you're on the right track since you're oding the walking. work on the portions and the weight will drop off. We can do this together.

Nikki, you can do 10 pounds. I'll join you - sort of. I won't weigh myself because I get obsessive but I will join you on a quest by May 27th, I will lose equivalent to 10 pounds - that my jeans will fit baggy. Okay, we on.

I actually didn't walk at all yesterday. My right calf was still achey from overdoing it on Saturday. So I lounged with my audiobook. I knitted a little and was just a plain bum. I got a little sunburnt since that big all of fire was actually up in the sky. It was beautiful out and it's to continue through today at least. I listened to my book outside on my swing overlooking my near frozen pool. :) I did switch my moisturizer from the non-SPF Oil of Old Lady to the 15 SPH Old Lady. I was using up the older stuff without the SPF since it had been so cloudy here. But today, I'm armed with SPF and plan to be outside again. I didn't walkwith the DVD this morning since DH and I both have today off and we're going on a hike in the wonderful outdoors. My calf is still a little sore, but there's no way I'd take 2 days off.

So, Nikki and I are on a quest to lose 10 pounds (or fat equivanlent) so I'm ready to get to it. I'll chat with you later.
Marie

Nikki128 04-24-2006 11:23 AM

Marie-

I am glad to have you join me. It always helps to have someone cheer you on.

Nikki

marbleflys 04-24-2006 11:31 AM

SNORT....Oil of Old Lady! uh, I've been using that since I was 18....:rofl: :rofl:

OK Nicki and Marie, add my 6 pound quest by the end of May to your 10 each....uh that's 26 lbs between the 3 of us OR a bag of kitty litter plus a couple of extra scoops....

SPEAKING of the BAD CAT......I was scooping the box this AM and left it to tend to the coffee pot (i have my priorities at 530AM!) I buy the clumping litter in a bucket....the BAD CAT:devil: decided to pee in the new bucket of litter....I guess I didn't clean his box fast enough!!!

Marie 04-24-2006 05:32 PM

I decided that tomorrow morning I will actually weigh myself, then again on May 27th. So, Nikki and Marble, it's going to be official. :)

Marble, I've called it Oil of Old Lady since I started when I was about 18. And you have a fun kitty.
Marie