3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Daily Check In - Long and Mini Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/81088-daily-check-long-mini-goals.html)

the slim me 04-20-2006 08:46 AM

Good Morning All,

It's supposed to be a lovely day, 75 degress. I plan on taking advantage of that because who knows how long it will last! I'm going on a long walk around noon since it will be warmer by then. If I wait intill evening something usually comes up and I don't make it!

Welcome Niki and Tracey! I'm a relative newcommer too and everyone has been wonderful! I feel like i'm part of the group now. Eveyone of these ladies is so kind and encouraging. About everything! There to cheer you on or cry with you!

Marie, I have heard good reports about the Glucosomine too! Our rehab Dr. suggested that his assistant take it for her knee problems. To advise anything but a drug for a Dr. is pretty unusual! Must be good, and certaintally worth a try. I read Mary, Mary too. Thought it was pretty good! We seem to read a lot of the same books! The book tape i'm "reading" right now is Patricia Cornwell's "Predator". Great book!

cacsmc, The pasta salad sounds yummy! I keep some kind of salad in the fridge all summer for quick, halthy lunches. Pasta, bean...all made with healthy ing. and low cal dressing! It's those dressings that get you! have any of you tried the new spray dressing from wish bone? I bought one but haven't tried it yet. Sounds like a good ideal, now if the taste just holds up!
I find that most people don't ask questions at the Dr. office. I don't know if they are intimidated or just don't know what to ask. I make a list so I won't forget anything I want to know about. Otherwise, the min. I leave the office I'll think "I forgot to ask him that". I don't drink milk either but I love yogurt! I also take a calcium pill every day to make sure I get enough calcium!

Judy, Glad you got to the Dr. before you got any worse! I know, I hate going to the Dr. too! But they are necessary evils!!!! Feel better soon. Don't worry about the exercise untill you start feeling a little better! Health first! Hope you enjoyed the game!

Jules, Good ideal about writting down your menu! Knowing that you're going to have to "own up" to what you eat might make us chose healthier menus!

I get the results of my tests back today, every one cross your fingers for me!

Make it a good day, Freda

Marie 04-20-2006 02:19 PM

Morning everyone, I've been getting a bit done at work but nothing of my big stuff. Little, piddly stuff that shows little form my effort. Oh, well. I am making some headway.

Freda, I'm about 1.5 hours into Mary, Mary. I didn't like that Alex Cross lost the custody suit on a bench decision. Seemed very much like a plot device because I don't think it would happen in real life. Oh well, I will finish it though. I really like Cornwell's author counterpart - Kathy Reichs. i've listened to all of her books and now I'm addicted to Bones on Fox.

G'Day Jules - I just love saying that. :) They always say writing down everything you eat will make you lose weight. I used to do that on a dry wipe board that was on my fridge. I got out of the habit. Maybe I should try it again.

Carol, I definitely would walk by myself if it was going to make me get home an hour later and that I'd have to eat by myself. I understand about wanting to go faster. This morning I kept doing the fastest mile on the DVD again till I had my 3 miles. Took about 8 minutes less. I'm just so impatient.

Judy, hope you're healing. I'm glad you went to the dr. Spring especially on the mid Atlantic is too beautiful to miss.

I better get to work. I'm having a great lunch today. I went to Starbucks (in Safeway) this morning - yesterday's craving wouldn't go away - and picked up Safeway's homemade Tomato and Basil Bisque. I can not wait for lunch. 41 more minutes. It's going to be divine.

Nikki128 04-20-2006 02:21 PM

MMarie - I am a huge Patterson fan. I just got the 5th horesman. I did not like Alex losing custody either :(

cacmsc 04-21-2006 06:38 AM

Goodmorning all. I walked yesterday morning. It was different but I enjoyed the quiet morning around the lake. I only did one lake so it must be like little under 3 miles. But I did put a little jog into it. Morning time there aren't many folks there so I carried my cell in my hand. Yah just never know! I got my walk done for the day and quicker pace than normal. I think it was better for me. I am going again this a.m. . Also I think cause I go so early that when the parks start charging to get in I will be already there so no charge. We'll see its like 7 a day. Needless to say I will change my walking place in that case. I plan on sewing a bit and gardening if the weather holds out this weekend. I stuck to my menu pretty good til the end of the day then nibbled on little graham cracker sticks. Not as bad as somethings but still calories. Didn't get to the store yesterday.
I am going to give that glucosomine a try my hips are still achy.
Marie whats the name of the walking tape or dvd you use? I might like to try getting it. Sounds like a good back up.
Juls hows the intake going? I slipped a little but picked myself back up. Maybe we should write them on here and we'd get ideas from one another?
Freda your doing great keep up the good work.
Judy hope your feeling better.
I have walked 7 miles and will add my other 3 today. Yesterday I also walked to the main office at work and did the staircase up and down a few times.
So looks like I will meet my 10 mile a week goal. Now to see if I can beat it. Not sure I will walk saturday depends on the weather.
Have a good one. The geese are moving back good sign of summer coming our way.

Marie 04-21-2006 10:27 AM

Morning everyone. Our weather is supposed to change back to rain, but we had several beautiful days that really felt like spring. I love the smell of spring in the air.

Carol, they are Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds (or Walk at Home). I bought the 5 mile advanced walk at the beginning of March from her site. The address is http://www.lesliesansone.com/store/product110.html for the one I bought. What I like about it is that there are 3 different combos of 3 mile walks. But yesterday I chose to repeat the same mile 3 times since it's easy to hit back on the DVD player. I don't know if 3FC will let the link stay, but if they remove it I will PM you the info. I don't think that the advanced walk is on Amazon yet, but who knows. BTW, you're doing great on the walking. At least we're making some very positive changes.

Nikki, I really liked the 5th Horseman, but I liked the 4th in the series better. It had such a cool twist on the motive. I'm going to listen to Mary, Mary for a while today.

Other than listening to the book, I odn't know what I'm going to do for the day. I'm going to make the cheese blintzes for myself for breakfast. I figure the recipe will give me loads of leftovers so that I can keep having them. They reheat great.

So Jules, here is the recipe. I'm finally at my computer where I have my recipe database so I could type it in there.

Batter: 1 1/2 c. milk, 2 T. oil, 3 eggs, 1 1/2 c. flour, 1/8 t. salt : In blender, process on high until smooth. Heat 8" skillet on medium high, greased with PAM. Pour in 1/4 to 1/3 c. of batter, tilt pan quickly to cover bottom. Cook on 1 side until it blisters. Stack with paper towels between each blintz.

Filling: 2 c. ricotta cheese, 2 T. sugar, 1 egg yolk, 1/2 t. vanilla, 3 oz. cream cheese : In mixer, cream all ingredients until smooth. Place about 3 T. filling in center of each blintz (on the browned side) and spread to the edges. Roll up each blintz. In a bigger skillet, saute the Blintzes until golden brown on each side. Cover with Strawberries.

Gee, can you tell I was cutting and pasting??? The fonts look horrible. :o

Well, that's about it for now. I will probably be back laster. Have a great day.
Marie

the slim me 04-21-2006 02:06 PM

Good Afternoon everyone,

Lovely day here in Michigan! It's warmer than yesterday. I already got my walk and my weight training in! Good thing too, because it's my weekend to work and I know I won't get any exercise then.

marie, I love all the Paterson books! Loved the movies too! i like Kathy reichs too. Give me a good mystery any day! Have you read any of Tamar Myers books? That is who I will be "reading" next. I like her and Diane Mott too. Like Harla Coben too. Have you read him?

Niki, sound like me you and Marie have about the same taste in books!

cacsmc, WOW! You really are ambitious! I take my little 1/2 hour walk and i'm done! How many miles do you usually cover? Good thing there are cell phones around, huh? Makes it a little safer to get out and do what we want to do.

Everyone have a good weekend, Freda

cacmsc 04-22-2006 08:48 AM

Marie I also took your recipe it sounds wonderful. I am going to make them when the kids visit. I look forward to the treat.
I also will ck out the dvd thanks for the info.. It is rainy today and suppose to be kind of lousy on sunday as well.
So I did 11 miles this week girls. Made my mini goal hurray! I figured out my April miles and I am at 35 miles 15 to go so next week will be a busy one. I will have to fit in 4 days of walking over the next 10 days but that isn't so bad. I really enjoy it. I think if I would take my music along it would make it easier yet. I enjoy walking alone but the time seems to drag a bit. THe walk seems longer though I am getting great time. I cut the walk by about 10 min. to the good by myself. I feel I push myself a bit more. So even though my friends are a bit upset I am not walking with them they will have to get over it. I enjoy getting home a bit earlier. Yesterday I took 1.5 hrs. vac. so I could get my walk in. I had a special meeting out side the city area and didn't want to drive back there so taking time off was my way out. I enjoyed the time and did something for myself. I am turning into a selfish little brat I think. Oooops! At any rate today its raining and I am going to quilt a bit. Clean a little and pack somethings a friend will put on ebay for me. Money in the bank I figure.
Yesterdays eatting not to bad. Got into some little reduced cheese crackers waiting for dinner. But all in all not so bad. I need to get some veggies and fruits at the store today.
I am making a chicken pizza for dinner with hot sauce and mozz. onions and a few pepper rings. I will top it off by making a green salad as well. Trying to be good but creative. I grilled extra chicken last night with tonights dinner in mind.
Judy yah feeling better yet? I hope so!
Juls how's it going?
Hope everyone is doing well we are nearing the end of another month. I have a wedding in May. Still need to buy or make a dress. I might just ck out some patterns and material today.

Nikki128 04-22-2006 09:00 AM

Hi everyone-

How is everyone doing? Yesterday I gave in to temptation. I had a painful procedure done and came home to eat a burger and fries. I only had yogurt earlier in the day so maybe it was not that bad. I seem to be stuck in such a rut.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend~~~

Nikki

Marie 04-22-2006 01:08 PM

Morning everyone,

Nikki, definitely look at the whole day, not just one meal. I'm sorry about the painful procedure. That certainly doesn't sound fun. BTW, a burger and fries isn't too bad if it's just once in a while.

Carol, I don't think you're selfish, you're just doing what you need to do to be healthy. If you're friends don't understand than they're not really that good of friends.

I had a nice day off yesterday and listen to more of the book. I think I have a 1 1/2 hours left of Mary, Mary. I will probably get through it today. I think I'm going to knit and draw today too. Also, pick out another book from audible.

I already exercised this am and did my "homwork" by remote controling my work computer. The technology is cool but it make more work for me.

Well, I'll chat with you later.
Marie

marbleflys 04-22-2006 01:41 PM

HI Mmarie.....I hope you remember me from the "depression era" where we spoke frequently? Were you the person who re-did your house for son and friend to move in? I had posted some *witty* sayings that someone liked so much they printed them out? I digress.....

In the never-ending quest to get to my goal weight....my short-term goal is to put in 3 hours of hard cardio a week plus wts....building from there to remove the excess fat from the mid-section....I hope to get back into more of my clothes by memorial day. Currently 4 of my old skirts fit!! This is a vast improvement over 6 months ago when everything looked like a bad joke!

Marie, where do you get the books on tape? (or I assume now CD). Would you post the website please? TIA

Hi to everyone else....I'm 49 yo professional (woman, dieter, etc) surgical adm. who works 50-60 hours per week, has a grown daughter (who is still a child) and much stress. But I also have eternal hope that life improves.

talk to you all soon!

Marie 04-23-2006 10:53 AM

Marble, great to see you again. Definitely you were my hero on the depression boards. To get you up to date, DS and his GF had a baby boy in February so I'm now a grandma. They've both grown up tremendously since then. BTW DGS is adorable and having him here is pretty cool, even if it's only temporary. Luckily I don't have the list you wrote posted on my fridge anymore - truly them having a baby made them grow up.

I get the audios from www.audible.com. I've been a member with a month subscription for about 3 or 4 years. It costs my 22/month and I get two books per month. I download them and put them on my IPod. You can also burn them to CDs or many other mp3 players. I'm too ADD to read books anymore. I have to be doing 2 things at once.

I finished Mary, Mary, Freda. I don't know, I was sort of disappointed in it. I didn't like that the killer was barely part of the book and rarely mentioned. I don't think I was Patterson's best. Now I'm listening to Chill Factor by Sandra Brown. I think that Alibi was my favorite book of hers so far. Her books start sort of slow so it takes a while to get into it. When my audible subscription renews, I'm going to get Patterson's Beach books.

Yesterday was nice. DS's GF and I took the doggies and DGS on another walk around the 2 mile block. I'd already exercised in the morning so I ended up with 5 miles walking. Today, my legs are sort of sore and it's beautiful outside, so I figured we'd probably do the 2 mile walk later. That means I skipped the 3 mile first thing in the morning exercise. 5 miles was too much yesterday. So instead of exercising this am, I cleaned my bathroom. Oh, yeah, that was fun.

Hey Marble, I sure hope you stay. You always brighten my day.
Marie

marbleflys 04-23-2006 01:26 PM

poop, I am probably the only woman in NJ without an IPOD....(whine)! In view of the fact that I must purchase a new furnace and windows for the homestead, it's a moot point.....GLAD my weary brain remembered the events of your home improvement project Marie....and congrats on that baby!!!

However I can burn to a CD???? hmmmm, so for $22.00 per month, you actually get to KEEP the material? that is a bonus, worth checking out!

Today my only exercise seems to be *jumping to conclusions*, I've got to remove my head from the garbage disposal and concentrate on the upcoming week. I'll get a fresh workout done in the AM, feel free to kick me to get me started.....

I did get a good night's sleep, thanks to a little help and my wonderful new tempr-pedic bed...(pssst. it's everything the infomercial says it is).

it is gray and rainy here, I had to put the heat on again, wishing for a nice spring day! BBL....workworkwork!

marbleflys 04-23-2006 01:45 PM

took a lookie at the website Marie, thanks again....this is something worthwhile for the summer....I always multi-task too, and I have so much to do, it would be great to have a book to listen to. will keep you posted, gotta go get my *exercise* in...."jumping to conclusions".....argh, I think it's an interional act to make my life harder.....

judydc 04-23-2006 02:59 PM

Carol, congrats on reaching your walking goal, that's fabulous. And no, you aren't selfish, you're just doing what you want to do in your free time, and why not?

Marble and Marie--I a big reader but haven't listened to audiobooks very often. I recently read Helen Oyeyemi's The Icarus Girl, and highly recommend it. I'm now reading some science fiction by Nalo Hopkinson, very interesting, if you like that sort of thing--and I do.

I'm recovering nicely, thanks for all the good wishes. I'm still a little congested, but I worked out yesterday, yippee, and plan to walk for half and hour or so this afternoon.

Hope everyone's week starts off on the right (or left, sneakered) foot.

judy

marbleflys 04-23-2006 03:14 PM

Hi Judy, I'm recovering too, but from a *stomach-bug* from last week.....it halted my workouts a bit, but thanks for the inspiration. it will come in handy tomorrow AM.