Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #31  
Losing it!

OOPPPS! Meant to tell you CONGRATS on the weight loss!!!
Old 04-12-2006, 06:23 AM   #32  

Yay, Janice!! You are doing awesome! Don't be predicting anything. Just do it one day at a time!

Suzy-I know you are so excited!!

Dee-Another trip? Do you ever stay at home? I hope you are feeling better now.

Cheryl-Yay that Stewart is driving!

Any ideas for an 18th bday present for Becky? Patty and I were going to get her a Coach purse, but she has informed us she doesn't want an expensive purse.

Gotta go to work. Sorry for the quick post!

Last edited by ShelleyM; 04-12-2006 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:06 AM   #33  
Losing it!

Does Becky have a cell phone Shelley? If not maybe get her setup with a reasonable plan. How about a nice piece of jewelry such as a ring or a set of earrings? We ended up getting Liz a set of diamond earrings for her 18th if I remember correctly.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #34  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Janice ~ You are doing great! Congratulations!

Shelley ~ Good luck with the birthday shopping. I like Gayle's idea of jewelry, but I'm a jewelry kind of girl! I guess it all depends on what Becky likes!

Gayle ~ What did you end up doing for your "me" day yesterday...anything special?

I weighed in today and I'm holding at 144. My goal for the next two weeks is not to gain! Travis has asked for all kinds of desserts and big meals while he is home, so it will be tough not to go crazy and over eat.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:36 PM   #35  
Losing it!

I took 1.5 hours and watched tapings of Sylvia Brown on Montel Suzy! I tape them, then when I have a chance, I watch the shows. I like doing it that way so I can fast forward through the commercials. I multi tasked though, I cleaned out a few drawers for rummage sale as I was watching in my bedroom.
I like your idea of just holding steady and not trying to lose right now. Sometimes I think we can put too much pressure on ourselves. I'm sure once Travis sees you, he will love eating some of your healthy meals that got you where you are. After all, nothing taste as good as "moms cooking!"
Old 04-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #36  
Losing it...again!

Sounds like you had a good day Gayle! I usually do the same thing with the NASCAR races...they take a lot less time to watch when you can hit the fast forward button!

I'm not sure I'll be cooking very healthy next week...Travis already gave me a whole list of dinners that he wants when he is home! Chicken tetrazini, lasagna, steak, chicken and biscuits, homemade bread, apple pie, strawberry shortcake, chocolate chip cookies...I have a feeling I'm going to be spending my week in the kitchen! If I stick to my normal breakfast and lunch and then I am careful with my dinner portions, have side salads and limit the desserts I should be ok!
Old 04-12-2006, 07:37 PM   #37  
Losing it!

My, my, I didn't know we had a racing queen in our midst! I have a racing team with our fantasy auto racing league. This will be my 5th or 6th year. My team name this year is "Kiss my Asphalt Racing". My FIL had created a team the week before he ended up in the hospital for the last time. After he passed, we all agreed to carry on with his team, pay the money owed and if his team wins, the money will go to MIL. We changed his team name to "Heavens Gate Racing".
Can I come stay at your house too??? I KNOW I would gain big time from all that good cooking!
Old 04-13-2006, 09:05 AM   #38  
Losing it...again!

Gayle ~ That's really neat that you have kept the team going! I love the name of the team too...it's perfect!

You're more than welcome to come anytime...especially if you want to gain weight! I think I miss all the cooking and baking that I used to do more than all the eating I was doing!

The cat is out of the bag...I was talking to Travis and Noell over the webcam last night and Tim came home, so I got up from the computer so he could sit down and talk to them. That was when Travis said to Noell "Wow! My mom has lost a lot of weight!" Tim and Noell both told him that if he thought that by just seeing me on that little screen that he'll be really surprised when he sees me in person. Anyhow...it felt good that he noticed!
Old 04-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #39  
Janice

Suzy - That is wonderful that Travis noticed over the little screen. You should be so proud of yourself. Enjoy your cooking and baking. I know how you feel I cooked for ten years in a nursing home and it was so gratifying to get complements on your cooking.
I don't bake anymore because I would be the only one eating it. That is quite a list Travis has for you. I think he has been dreaming about all the foods he missed that you make.
Enjoy your time together you have been waiting for a long time.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:46 PM   #40  

Hi Ladies I got home yesterdayl I brought the flu home so I am not feeling well. I have been in bed all day and will be heading back there shortly.
Could you all pray for my mom? Dad took her into the hospital yesterday. She has the flu and with her weak lung she is having a hard time to breath. They have her on oxygen but she is really weak. They said that she will be there for awhile. With her lung disease and still smoking it causes a great deal of stress for us when she gets sick. I am not going to go til I get better and I am not sure if Larry can go because of his shingles. Well I am off to bed again. Sorry I can't post to you all. How selfish of me to come here and ask for something and not even post other than that.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:57 PM   #41  

Dee-I have never ever known you to be selfish, and asking for prayers for your mom is one of the most unselfish things I can think of. I am sending many prayers to your mother at this holy time of year for all religions.

Suzy-Travis will be so proud of you!

Gayle-I didn't know about the racing team. What is a fantasy racing team? Can you tell I'm not into car racing at all?
Old 04-14-2006, 09:30 AM   #42  
Losing it!

Dee, prayers sent to your mom, sweetie. You just get that silly thought out of your head about being selfish. You are one of the most caring people I have ever had the opportunity to meet. Does your mom have emphysema? You mentioned lung disease... just curious. Again, I will be thinking of your family and saying prayers as well.

Shelley, you know how the Yahoo home page offers different fantasy games? This is fantasy auto racing. We go in and create a private league were no one can join unless they are invited. The league is made up of family & friends. We place entry money down, then pay so much per week depending on how our racers (we pick) do. So, once a week we pick drivers for our team to qualify, then after real results are in for qualifying, we pick the top drivers to race on race day. It's fun to watch the race on TV and actually see how your drivers are doing. Although, Steve & I each have a team, so there is several times through the season when we are rooting for different drivers! If my FIL's team wins, we will take the money over the year and give it to my MIL. He loved playing the game since he couldn't get out of the house over the past few years, it seemed fitting to continue his team through the season.

Janice, you are having a great weight loss! GOOD JOB!

Suzy, are you cook'n yet??? LOL! I like your plan of attack on eating your meals while Travis and Noelle are there.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:48 AM   #43  
Losing it...again!

Dee ~ You're not being selfish at all...you need to take care of your own right now. I'm saying special prayers for your mother and for you and Larry as well...I hope you all are feeling better very soon!

I haven't started cooking yet, but I do plan on doing some serious grocery shopping today so I can get started!
Old 04-14-2006, 09:11 PM   #44  
Losing it!

I had to go to the store today too, Suzy. YUCK & double YUCK! I dread grocery shopping! I'm making a pasta salad & a green bean casserole to take for Easter dinner. I wanted to get my shopping out of the way instead of having to do it and fight the crowd on Saturday. Now Saturday will be spent cleaning the house. YUCK & double YUCK! I don't like cleaning the house either! LOL!

Shelley, how did the yummy meal turn out? Did you have a gain?

Dee, you feeling better?

Janice, how are you liking the WW meetings?
Old 04-15-2006, 08:16 AM   #45  

Gayle-I love your angel avatar. It's beautiful. I lost a bit this week. The dinner was nice. Yesterday, Patty, a friend of hers, Becky (in a separate car), and I went to Naples. Patty was invited to Sr. prom and couldn't find a dress here in Ft. Myers. Well, we didn't get home until 7:00 last night! She is the pickest thing you have ever seen. We were throwing tons of dresses at her. She finally settled on a black strapless with rhinestones on the strapless part. It was very cheap at Dillards ($59.00.) Then she had to buy a strapless bra, which was almost as much as the dress at Victoria Secret. Meanwhile, Becky went on home because she had to go to work. We tried to find shoes, but she couldn't settle on anything just perfect. We stopped at the Waterside Shops to get Becky the Tiffany bracelet with the heart and toggle on it for her birthday. Then we went back to Ft Myers, dropped her friend off at home and headed to DSW to look for shoes. She found a beautiful black strappy pair with rhinestones up the middle. All in all, it was such a fun day. I hadn't been shopping with my girls in so long.

I am very tired today, but I've got to get out and run some. BTW, Gayle, Healthwalkers is starting a new event on Monday. I have to go 37.3 miles the first week in order to stay in the running. I'm not sure if I'll keep it up or not this time because I was so stressed out on the last one. I'll try not to take this one so seriously.
Closed Thread