Old 04-28-2006, 12:31 AM   #121  

Okay, I'm counting down now. 6 weeks from today. Actually, I'm not sure if I'm more excited about the trip or the fact that 6 weeks from today I'll be rid of my kiddos. Unfortunately, it looks like 2-3 of them will be back for a second round of 7th grade. All I know is that in 6 weeks they can start tormenting their parents all the time.
Welcome back to Kempy and Maggzs. I'm sure you two enjoyed your vacations.

Kempy: You look great and it looks like you had a great time.

Noelle: Enjoy your Friday off. I know what you mean about thinking Thursday is the end of the week. It always feels that way for me as well.

Dips: I know you did well with your paper. When are finals? Are you taking any courses over the summer? I don't remember if I said anything about your pictures, but I wanted to be sure that you know that you look great. What a beautiful woman you are.

Julie: Ashley wanted to take Karate at one time, but now is hooked on volleyball. She just loves it.

I almost forgot, I wanted to brag a little. Yesterday I got an email from Ashley's teacher telling me how proud she was of Ashley. Seems that yesterday they had a Volunteer Appreciation Day for all the volunteers at her school and an assembly of sorts. Ashley represented her class and got up in front of 50-60 people to read a poem tribute to the woman who volunteers in her class. I wish I could've been there to see that. Her teacher said that Ashley's performance brought their volunteer to tears. I'm so proud of her. I asked her teacher for a copy of the poem to put in her 2nd grade folder that we're keeping for her.

Hello to everyone. I'm off to bed now.
Have a great Friday everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:26 PM   #122  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Holllaaaaa!

Finished my paper One more to go and then finals week follows and then I'm done with that semester!

Cal- Long time no see What a gem of a daughter you have to write a poem for her class vounteer! I would love to see it. They say the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. You definately did some things right.

By the way, yes I am taking one or two summer courses just to keep the momentum going. Thank you for complimenting the pics. You're such a sweetie!

Good night girls...I got cleaning to do!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #123  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Finished my story. Hurrah! Got to hit the sack now. I am beat! Nother dead mouse in the room to greet me...ugh.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:22 PM   #124  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hey Red!!

Nothing like the triumph of finishing an assignment on time. Sleep it off, you deserve it!

I am so worn out. I think I'll do the same.
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:46 AM   #125  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face

Hey, thanks Dips! And congrats to you too for finishing your paper! Mine was just a long story that I'd left to the last minute and then was told it had to be double the length. So, in a way it's good I hadn't written it, but it was still hellish. I couldn't sleep in because the next day I had to take the bullet train down to Kyoto for a horserace. I did and it was a great race and afterward I got to pat the winner, Japan's triple crown winner for last year. And I wrote what I thought was a good little report for that too. Since I'm press I was able to go back to the stables, which I had before the race as well, just because I'm also a horse nut. Anyhow, the long trip there and back, total of over 3 hrs each way, didn't seem as long. It was a good day...except for the debtors ringing me..which I ignored...

Today I took off, but with all the work hanging over my head there's never a really clear conscience...there's so much I need to be doing, late taxes, all that ****..still I need some down time and I'm just stealing it...I'm learning to make the best of it, enjoy the good things that happen, however fleeting and try to bring my thoughts to them whenever I feel especially harried. I just go in my head...oh, remember rubbing the muzzle of Deep Impact...heaven (he's the champion horse)..

Ok, gotta run. Howdy to everyone...and sorry I'm not addressing you all individually, but you have my best wishes and good luck!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #126  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday ladies.... whew, what a weekend. We had out of town visitors (unexpected) and we've been out to eat, cruising the town and just non-stop. Hope you all had a great time. I'll be back later to post more replies, I'm lacing up my shoes and taking the dog out for a walk.

Dips and Red, congrats on completing your papers I'm sure you feel a heckuva lot freer now that you've done it.

I started a new May thread here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83135

Come on over!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote