Old 04-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #46  
Lois

Default Hey Ladies....

Linda, glad you are feeling better. It is a beautiful day here too! The sun has been shining all day... I love it!

Cheryl, good to see you and glad to hear you are maintaining ...that in itself is a victory in my book!

Liza, yep, it's been a little quiet. congrats... a loss is a loss!
I hope your stress is soon relieved... I've had a bad few weeks but things are coming back into focus. Hang in there girl!

Tina, wow, your weekends are always busy... but I know it's nice spending time with family. I hope you get things shook up with the workouts, I'm hoping for the same this week too. I'm looking forward to this week being a consistent one for my exercise and for getting those numbers to moving! :

I'm having a good day so far. Yesterday wasn't bad either. I got outside did some slow paced walking for about and hour or so... today I did my 2 mile workout... and you know what? ...it burned about the same amount of calories. It is another nice day and I am going to take my little one out for a bit... maybe we will walk around or I'll get his bike out... too nice to be inside

Hope everyone is having a good day!

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:06 AM   #47  
determined to lose

Hi everyone! I hope you are all well and losing!!

I am off program but getting back on today if all goes my way. I have been gone visiting my friend Carolyn and eating out for every meal. Managed to work in one salad the whole time...very bad!

Got really frustrated with beaurocracy today and had some beer, more empty calories. Bad way to deal with the stress and unusual for me...I used to drink a lot but have not for years and years...

Good news is mom should be back Wednesday night so we should stop eating out so much. With dad it is fast food city most of the time. He does not seem to want me to cook for some reason...

So far this month my VCR has broken, my phone has broken and my fan has broken....I wonder what is next...oh yeah and my medicare part D prescription insurance is not working right yet although I am due to refill my meds....argh!

I hope all of you are doing much better than I am this month!!
garnetfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:30 PM   #48  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Tuesday!

Hey ladies!

Linda, you know where to find us when you have a little more time to poke in your head in. I'm glad you're feeling a little more better to tackle your special project.

Lois, yes my weekends seem to always have something going on or someone around. I have a candlelight party to attend tonight. Not that I really want to go, I'm just being considerate of my cousins girlfriend. Hope you're having a great day!

Garnet,
nice to see you back! Put the past week behind you now and work on finishing April the way you started it. You can do it!

Not much happening here today. I went Easter basket shopping for all the kids this weekend. I had to shop for my mom, grandmother and myself. So needless to say there was a lot of chocolate in my cart. And I wasn't even tempted! Woo Hooo!

Have a great day girls!

TTFN!
~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:23 PM   #49  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Hey there, do you girls mind if I join you in the 1 year journey? I have already met LadyLai and absolutuly love talking to her. Thought I would drop by and read a few post, now I want to be a part of the "Cool Kids".

A little about me - I am 33, married for 14 1/2 years and have 4 kids ages 14, 12, 5, and 4. Before Child #3 I was a size 10 and so very happy with my weight. After child #3 I was a size 14 and ready to get back to a 10. When he was 3 months old I found out I was pregnant with #4. Depression hit hard and I ate everything in sight for the whole 9 months when he was born I didnt loose an ounce which was even more depressing now I am up to a size 20. I started trying to loose a few months ago but wasnt really into it, until a couple of weeks ago I had only lost 9 pounds. 2 weeks ago I found my "Skinny Jeans", they fit my 14 year old daughter. I sit and cried for 2 reasons, first, at 14 my daughter is following in my foot steps she is a little chunky now but it doesnt stay that way, she should not be a size 10. Second, look at what I have done to me. After a good cry I told myself that I did this and I am the only one who can undo it and crying isnt gonna fix it. So I got on the net that day and started looking for support. I met LadyLai and since have lost another 9 pounds. I am cooking much healthier which will be great for my daughter. LadyLai is great support for me and now I am ready to support others. Who knew I would have fun trying to lose weight.

Ok that was just supposed to be a little about me huh? Sorry I get carried away

So if no one objects I really would love to jump in with you all.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #50  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Of course we don't object, Robbin. We all want and need all the support we can get. I know I really do and I feel fairly confident that none of the gang on this board will tell you anything different. We are all here for you, girl. Please visit often. Personally I think you have just described for yourself one of the best motivators there could be . . . if doing it for yourself doesn't get you moving in the right direction, doing it for your daughter is bound too.

There was a new program on TLC last night called "Honey, we're killing the kids". Personally I think they were a little too harsh with the rules and should try to move into things a little more gradually, but the basic philosophy was great. Our kids learn everything from us when they are young and we need to set as good an example for them as we can. I know both my eldest son and his wife have weight problems (and I'm pretty sure where he got his ). They have two daughters and at 10 and 3 neither of the girls has any problems yet, but I hope the parents wake up before it's too late. In some ways it's lucky that they live in Alberta and at least I don't get to preach at them because that kind of thing never seems to work. Everyone has to see the light for themselves.

Oh, Tina, you've got another fan. I'm pretty sure we all recognize you as a great inspiration and motivation. You are another one, of course, who wants to be sure you set great examples for your daughter and you are certainly heading in the right direction.

We've missed you Garnet. Welcome back. I know you can get yourself back on that downward road to success. We're all here for you, too, and we all need you to inspire us to greater things, as well.

Anyway, I've had a very, very busy day today and only just found time to check into 3FC now. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little quieter in my real world so I can spend a little more time here in my virtual world.

Keep moving and shaking and heading in the right direction, gang. Here's a little dose of to help us make it through the night. See you all soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:07 PM   #51  
Working on 'Project Me'

Surprise! Surprise! Robbin, nice to see you here. Glad you checked us out. I think you'll enjoy it here. You were really nice to me in your introduction, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside...hahaha!

Linda, I've been wanting to catch that show. But between me and my husband remote finger... I didn't win. Thanks for the run down, it sure gives us young moms something to think about. CHANGE THE PATTERN NOW!

Have a great evening all!
TTFN!
~Tina
Old 04-11-2006, 11:08 PM   #52  
Lois

Just a quick check in....

Robbin, to the group... of course you are welcome, the more the marrier.

Janet, glad to see you back. I hope you get your vcr to working again, and I know you'll be looking forward to some home cooking :huh:

Tina

I had another good day. It was BEAUTIFUL! The temps reached the 70's today... The only bad thing about the nice days is not checking in here earlier.

I got my workout in... I did a 1 mile workout thisw evening. I'm still struggling a bit on the water... I drink it, everyday, just not enough but it will get better.

I hope everyone had a good day!

Old 04-12-2006, 09:11 AM   #53  
Onward and Downward

Another beautiful sunny day in Nova Scotia . . . temperature supposed to make it all the way to 18C (64F) this afternoon. Good grief that's almost weather around here.

WWI (Wednesday Weigh-In) saw another pound go off to ugly-pound-heaven. It actually was a little bit more but these tickers don't want to reflect part pounds . . . I may have to go looking for some that do. In the mean time, every little pound makes me happier.

Well, better get to work on that real-world project. Have a great day moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction, gang.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:17 AM   #54  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

The tickers at ticker factory do down to 0.1 lb. I use theirs for my main one.

Congrats on losing that pound-and-a-bit. This last 0.2 to get to my Easter goal is not for shifting - I've been trying to get rid of it for a few days now - it just fluctuates between 179.2 and 179.4

I saw someone to day who I haven't seen since Christmas, before I started my diet (the mother of an old piano pupil who is now at boarding school and comes for lessons in the holidays). I don't think she noticed at first then her jaw suddenly dropped and she said "You've lost weight!"
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:25 AM   #55  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Good Morning all!

One of my biggest problems with loosing weight is finding time to get in some body movement (I hate exercise). I have only done some serious moving twice in the past 2 weeks. I am gonna work harder at it though. Hopefully tonight I will be able to get in some dancing with my kids. We clear the living room crank up the radio set the timer for 20 minutes and boogie . Its lots of fun and it sure gets the heart rate up.

Well just wanted to check in and say howdy.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:47 AM   #56  
Working on 'Project Me'

Default Happy Wednesday!

Good morning. I'm about to venture to my treadmill for the umpteenth time. I'm so looking forward to it. (LOL) Yesterday was so busy that I didn't get much exercise in. I spent the least amount of money at the CandleLite party without looking too cheap (I think) I bought a couple of votive holders and a box of tealights...$40! Sheessshh, of all things I coulda got with that $40! hahaha Sorry if any of you sell this, but it is a little expensive.

Lois, you're hanging in there. I know the water is a struggle for me too this week. To be honest I haven't met the requirement so far. I don't think I've slowed down enough to remember I need to drink. Hey keep enjoying that weather who knows when we'll have a yucky day.

Linda, I am jealous! We haven't seen above 13C here yet. I'm dressed in capris, tee shirts and sandals. If it gets any hotter I'll have to invest in a bikini! hahaha That's so NOT happening! Congrats on shaking off that pound and some.

Robsia, wouldn't that be the way. I hope you don't get discouraged in the fact that you were so close. But hey there's still a few days yet before Easter. I'm sure it will shift for you. I got a compliment lastnight too. My cousins, girlfriends, mother said to her daughter, "looks like she has lost weight" and then her daughter came over to me and relayed it. I said yes, thirty-nine to be exact! haha Then they wanted to know my secret as they chowed down chips, cookies and pop. (I was being polite and decided to have some pineapple and strawberries, otherwise I wouldn't have had anything) It feels so good when someone other than your family makes a remark.

Robbin, howdy back at ya! Have fun dancing tonight.

Well, I'm off girls. Have a great day!

TTFN!
~Tina
Old 04-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #57  
Lois

Linda, sounds like good weather to me ...congrats on the weight loss :

Robsia, now that's a cool NSV... not only flattering but motivating as well.

Robbin
, I know how you feel... I did not care for exercise either... didn't want to get out of breath and get all sweaty... but now I look forward to it and I feel so much better afterwards. Have fun with the dancing

Tina, girl, gotta love that hahaha... and too funny about the party, but I haer ya!

I'm having a good day. The temps aren't as warm and it's rained most of the day. I got my 2 mile workout in this morning. I have even been drinking a little more water today

Old 04-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #58  
Onward and Downward

Thanks, Robsia . . . now everyone can see my bits.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:23 PM   #59  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Happy Birthday Teahoney

Happy Birthday from Java Turtle!!!
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:09 PM   #60  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Thanks again Turtle. I've been doing a lot of thinking today about life and my weight and everything. I've been putting way too much pressure on myself. I need to relax some. Not be lazy but stop being so hard on myself. I expect perfection when I'm not perfect.

I haven't exercised a day this month so far, I'm not proud of that. My eating has slowly gone back to bad and I want to end this cycle NOW!
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote