Old 04-06-2006, 06:23 PM   #46  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Meowee-I spent lots of time in the bathroom yesterday BUT feel TERRIFIC today. Hopefully yours will be a quicky as well. Get lots of rest that helped.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #47  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Another quick little whimpering hello from me . . . still feeling yicky. See you soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #48  

Meowee - Congrats on your loss, and I hope you feel better soon!

Not much quilting for me lately..more painting. I did hear back from the print people and they are interested in two painting, and more paintings in that series as I get them done. (One of them is the strawberry painting in my avatar. I will probably have to change it soon as the contracts are signed..so look now LOL ) I really want to work on my mil's jacket this weekend. Maybe sunday afternoon I will start on it.

Tofat - have you seen some of the polymer fairies and babies on ebay? they go for outrageous prices!

Cheryl - I hope you post a picture of your quilt when you have it ready! I can't wait to see it.
healthytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:54 PM   #49  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

ejm, your avatar is beautiful!!! I thought it was a photo and it's actually a painting? My goodness you're talented!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:42 AM   #50  

Morning Ladies,

Sorry I've been AWOL, having problems with my laptop, need a new battery and can't find one anywhere around us. Had to buy one on ebay, so it will be about a week before it get's here. Anyway, I'm still maintaining at 338, hope to break this cycle by next week.

Working on my quilt and I haven't even set up my new machine yet. I did get my sewing room cleaned up yesterday, so maybe today after church I do that.

Ejm...I was selling finished quilts on ebay, but closed that business up with my friend. People want something for nothing, and I have too much money into my quilts to let them go for $150.00. So I'm going to start selling just the quilt tops, and probable buy my material at place other than quilt shops. I usually have about $350.00 into my quilts by the time they are finished.

Linda...Hope you are feeling better soon.

Battery is acting us, so I better go before I loose everything.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 11:29 AM   #51  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, gang. I think I'm almost human again. Still a little fuzzy around the edges, but definitely better than a couple of days ago. Temperature is down and I'm not eating every carbohydrate in sight any more (result of the fever demanding to be fed). Don't think this will be one of my better weeks, but up until late yesterday I didn't even care.

Hopefully, everybody (including me) is going to be moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction today. Have a great one.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #52  
Lifelong Journey Member

Cheryl, totally agree with you about people wanting something for nothing. I used to sell my stained glass and was probably making less than a buck an hour - so now I do it for just me. Besides no one loves your work more than yourself. "ooo it's pretty" is nothing like "I cut myself 5 time on it and you should appreciate my blood, sweat and tears."

I am making sweaters for my sisters for their birthdays. I gave my older sister hers in March and my other sister's birthday is in April. I have to knit half the sleeve, the facings, then put it together. I'm hoping to get it done tomorrow. Then it's back to being selfish about the knitting too.

Meowee, glad you're starting to feel a little better.

I've already done my exercise for the day, my "homework" for work, and rebuilt my DH computer. And it's only 8:45 in the morning. I'm already exhausted.

TTTYL.
Marie
Old 04-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #53  
used to be tofat

Morning-

ejm-WOW! I went and looked at the polymer fairys. Some of them are incredible. I've sculpted father christmas dolls. (Sculpted face/hands/feet) and made an armature/fabric body) I'm not sure if I could do the fairy sculpting. Everything is so small. I might give it a try and see what happens.

I started my fairy painting and its going really well. I'm using acrylics and most of them are metallics. I've never done anything like this before and its fun to learn something new.

Meoww-glad you're feeling better. Hope your week gets ya back in the swing of things.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:05 PM   #54  

eBay is so tough on artists of all kinds. I try to just put up 1 hour paintings and prints. Cheryl, I would love to see your quilt tops when you put them up.

MMarie, I have always wanted to learn to make stained glass. I would probably rip my hands to shreds..I'm a clutz

tofat (I really need something else to call you! lol) I got some polymer clay over the weekend to play with..any suggestions welcome I just got a stack of different colors. I already had tools from working with regular clay.

Waiting to hear back from the print people. Went ahead and change my avatar to some daffodils. I'm going to change it every 5 lbs

Beth
Old 04-10-2006, 02:34 PM   #55  
Onward and Downward

Hello out there . . . The sun is shining in Nova Scotia today and the temperature is about 10C (50F). Everything is looking pretty good in my little world at the moment, although I haven't made it back to the quilted poncho project yet. Unfortunately that little work project is taking a fair bit of time.

It's definitely looking very spring-like around here, what with your daffodils, Beth, and your tulips, Marie. I definitely know what both of you and you, too, Cheryl, mean about people wanting something for nothing. When I lived in Ontario, a friend once convinced me to sell a couple of quilts at her booth at the local flea market and I think they brought in about $150 each . . . definitely peanuts when you think about the hours that went into them.

Anyway, I hope you are all having a good day. Keep moving and shaking, gang and I'll see you soon.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:26 AM   #56  
used to be tofat

Hi guys-Its supposed to be a beautiful day here in Michigan and I'm hoping to get in a bike ride for my afternoon activity. Got one in yesterday and loved every moment of being out there.

ejm-you can call me Brandy. I've been considering asking to have my named changed (had quite a few suggest it) but can't decide what i'd like to change it to. As for the polymer clay, look around the net-I think polymerclaycentral is one of them. LOTS of free tuts. I personally love caning. I just think the whole process is amazing when you finally get your end product. A pasta machine makes this process MUCH easier, but you can roll it out the old fashioned way if need be.

Well, weigh in at the gym showed a 2 lb. loss (still up from 2 weeks ago overall) but afternoon at home showed a 4 lb. loss. We'll have to see what today holds. Keep working hard everyone.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #57  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning everyone.

ejm, those daffadils are so gorgeous. You are one talented lady. They look so lovely. I take it you lost 5 pounds. Way to go!!!!

Brandy, enjoy your bike ride. You mentioned the pasta machine and i'm thinking YUMMY. Then I realized that isn't quite what you meant.

Meowee, enjoy your beautiful weather. Isn't spring wonderful???

I walked early this am - before work so I get to play tonight after work. Hopefully I'll work on my sister's sweater. I just was so unmotivated yesterday that I listened to a complete book (8 hours) on my Ipod. I didn't hardly do anything else. Yes, I could have knitted and listened but I kept closing my eyes to envision the story. tonight though I will knit.
Marie
Old 04-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #58  

Marie - Thank you! Tell me more about books on ipod? I don't know anything about them, except I would love to not have to carry around my cd player while I'm walking! Are they expensive? Hard to use? Are the books hard to find or expensive?

Brandy! Congrats on your loss! What a great excuse to get a pasta machine! I'm going to try my hand at a little sculpture tonight. Should be fun!

Contract negotiations are still on for the prints..which is good! Looks like I will have the final contract in my hands next week, and be sending off work to them shortly there after. Oh... my bank account and I can't wait..it was either this or start flipping burgers somewhere

I drew out three new paintings today. I like to get the pencil work done on several at the same time. A grapes and crystal, and pears and crystal, and then a zinna for fun! The zinnias are from photos I took last summer...they were so pretty.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:22 PM   #59  
Lifelong Journey Member

ejm, the zinnias sound beautiful I love flowers. Go to www.audible.com to see about the audiobooks on an MP3 player. I've been getting 2 books a month for $22/month for the last few years. I got my Ipod mini last year for $99 by signing up for a year membership (the $22/month). I just love my Ipod Mini - it's pretty pink. I have currently about 5 books on it and hundreds of songs. But they also have other MP3s that work with audible. I really, really like it.

Finger crossed for you and your bank account.
Marie
Old 04-12-2006, 09:22 AM   #60  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . another beautiful sunny day here in Atlantic Canada . . . temperature is supposed to hit 18C (64F) today . . . almost weather.

Just wanted to report another pound sent off to ugly-pound-heaven this morning. Actually a little bit more, but these tickers don't reflect part pounds (maybe I'll start looking around for some that do). In the meantime, I'm happy with one at a time.

Don't you forget us when you're rich and famous, Beth. Keep up the good work, Brandy and Marie. Well. I'd better get going on my real-world work project . . . hope things slow down soon so I can find some crafting time, too.

Have a great moving and shaking day, gang. See you soon.