Old 03-30-2006, 08:55 AM   #31  
Fat-be-gone

I need to bow down to all you low-carbers. I would not, will not ever give up carbs. I love them too much. maybe when the weight gets harder and harder to drop I may have to go on a diet.....but low-carb?? You girls have willpower!!!!

beccashesme-you've come to the right place. stick with us and we'll be sure to help you through your weight loss adventure. good luck!!!

deeinthekeys-great job on that morning workout. keep it up and those 10lbs will be gone in no time!!!

I can't wait until my lunchtime workout (walking) I hate sitting at my desk all day. Good news though...it's actually starting to look like spring outside and guess what.....I can play tennis as late as I want to. Ha! I love it!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 170/147/140

Rosario: You have no idea how hard giving up carbs is for me. I'm italian for peets sake. I grew up around pasta, bread, lasagna and more bread hahaha. But, part of it i'm sure is due to the fact that i've eaten so much of it in the past that i'm just fed up of it!!!

And as for the myth that italians eat alot.. it's totally true. It's almost insulting to an italian if you wont eat their food. I'm currently avoiding family, the boyfriends place and other social scenarios where eating at anytime you feel like it is concidered a normal part of the day.

All in all though it's really NOT that bad. The first few days are tough but you get used to it and feel really good too!!!!
Carbprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:19 AM   #33  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

oh it is soooooooooo hard -- I love bread, pasta, pepsi & chocolate! I have been off pepsi for 1.5 months now and bread & choc for 4 weeks. I limit the pasta severly. granted I miss them less & less the longer I go but walking through stores sure don't help that craving.
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:21 PM   #34  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Hey There Everyone!

After stuffing my face last night (with nothing too bad of course) I woke up this morning to find out I lost one pound! WOOO!

Hope everyone else is doing great!

I too LOVE carbs - I don't worry about the carbs that come in my fruit, etc. But I TRY and watch how much bread, crackers, pasta, etc that I eat. That being said - I having a feeling today is going to be one of those days where I eat way too many carbs, haha.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:36 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical
Hey There Everyone!

After stuffing my face last night (with nothing too bad of course) I woke up this morning to find out I lost one pound! WOOO!

Hope everyone else is doing great!

I too LOVE carbs - I don't worry about the carbs that come in my fruit, etc. But I TRY and watch how much bread, crackers, pasta, etc that I eat. That being said - I having a feeling today is going to be one of those days where I eat way too many carbs, haha.
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #36  
Starting Fresh

Thank you!

AND I called about half an hour ago... I have a treadmill being deliever on Saturday! That 10 pounds WILL be gone by the 29th!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 01:43 PM   #37  
Fat-be-gone

Aww! You're so lucky. I want a treadmill. I think my elliptical machine has seen its last days!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:06 PM   #38  
Starting Fresh

I am just renting one! 70$ a month. More then the gym but worth it I think. It is cheaper if I rent it longer.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:19 PM   #39  

can I join in too?

It's 3 weeks on saturday since I decided enough was enough and joined the gym and tried to make a conscious effort about what I eat but so far not a lot seems to be happening. I could do with the extra incentive to keep working at it even though I'm not seeing any results other than the aches and pains that come with exercising.
Katyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:40 PM   #40  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I too am on low-carb lifestyle. I am in pre-maintenance phase. Have 14 more lbs. to lose. I too love carbs, but found I could live without most of them, after seeing the big change in weight. Good luck to all and I am up to this challenge to lose 10 lbs. by 4-29-06. I will just work more on walking. BTW I bought a used treadmill from one of the women at my husband's work for only $100.00 and it works great. ( She had only ever walked a total of 5 miles on it in the year she had it). I was lucky on this deal.My biggest weakness with this low-carb plan is I love fruit, so I do allow myself a little extra fruit, and haven't noticed that it hurts me.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:46 PM   #41  
Rileyrooz

S/C/G: 181/170.5/144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbprincess
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Just wanted to say that I had a really good day yesterday. I've been on plan now for a total of 8 days and haven't cheated. Actually, I don't even have the urge. For all you low carbers, i'm assuming this is cause my body is in Ketosis. I love not really having an appetite. I feel like i'm not being controlled by food anymore.

TOM came this morning. The cramps were so bad they actually woke me up at 4:30. Recently the cramping hasn't been that bad but this morning it was horrible. I stepped on the scale this morning and was figuring that i'd weight more since I usually bloat around TOM. Instead, I remained at the same weight I was at my last weigh in. Hopefully this means i'll lose a little something by the time I weigh officially on Sunday!!

Anywayy, i've got a busy day filled with school and work! Just wanted to post a little update!

How are the rest of you guys doing?????

Also, what do you girls think about weighing in once a week until April 29th? or do you ladies wanna wait until apr 29th to give the total? Lemme know!!!
Hi - I would like to do a weekly weigh-in. I think it will help keep us motivated. Let me know when, if you decide to do the starting weigh-in. Thanks.
Rileyrooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:59 PM   #42  

how's about every sunday ???
Old 03-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #43  
Starting Fresh

That works for me!
Old 03-30-2006, 03:28 PM   #44  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2