Old 03-28-2006, 09:07 AM   #16  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi... Never heard of snack bits... tell us more please. Inquiring minds want to know
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:15 AM   #17  
Fat-be-gone

Good Morning!!!!

Lady Unicorn-yes, do tell us what snack bits are.

Brandy-if you haven't already, do invest in a massaging showerhead. They really do work wonders for sore parts. To answer your question, you should choose a weight that you feel comfortable at. Don't listen to what anyone else says. I chose mine because I think that I will look good and be at a "healthy" weight. But if I'm not happy, then I will try for less or who knows, maybe more. It's all up to you and no one else.

As for me, it's raining out...don't know how much excercise I will get it. Man.....the days are just too short!!!! I actually woke up at 5:30 in the am yesterday just to get a workout in before work. But I was too tired to get up this morning. I wish I wasn't at work for 9 hours each day. I'd get a lot more excercise in if I wasn't. But I'm trying and at least I get an hour in. Oh well, gotta make do with what I have.

Have a good day ladies!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:20 AM   #18  
Keep going Keep going

S/C/G: 240/191.5/150

Cool Hi

Hello Girls well weighed in this morning lost 3.5 lbs So I am excitied about that lost the one pound I found last week...LOL. Hope everyone is doing well.

I did start tanning last night so relaxing to sit in there for 10 minutes with no one bothering me just so relaxing. I took the kids out for a little while yesterday played soccer and some t-ball. Best part I can run around with out getting out of breath. I have the The Firm - Complete Aerobics/Weights/Abs
today at lunch so glad there is a gym at work and about 7 of us do the dvd it's awesome then Boxing tonight. So busy workout day and go tanning before I pick up the kids relax for another 10 minutes before I pick up the kids and run around to have everything ready everyone fed before I run out to class glad it's at 8:15 so it gives me enough time.

Well time to get some work done have a great day
NikM789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:34 AM   #19  

Well I can say right now there my exercise posting will be dismal today as I woke up in the night with the "crud" that has been going around so am home from work and don't plan to go do any walking. But hey I suppose this would be a good time to do a bit more exploring with different ways to use my new workout balls, as all I have done so far is arm stuff and need to vary it a bit. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... perhaps there is hope after all LOL

I can't believe... I bought some low fat granola to mix a bit in with yogurt and banana for breakfast, something different... but LOL I took it to work as I usually eat there on weekdays! Oh well.... Plan B
Old 03-28-2006, 12:45 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Morning!

Hey Brandy, It's all personal choice about what weight you would like to be.. It also depends on your height and bone structure I think.. See for me I"m
5' 7", and I have a REALLY fine bone structure,like my wrists are just a little bigger than my sons! So I decided that 125 was good,I might go to 120 but I'll make that decision later. Weight seems to hang around my tummy and some on my butt and hips,so that's where I'm lookin' grim right now.Otherwise I'm pretty thin,my arms and legs are small enough and I don't want to lose anymore weight or inches on those body parts. My mom is telling me to stop with the trying to lose weight thing already and I keep telling here that I'm not only doing this for me,but also for Ryan because I have to be healthy to care for him,since his dad is a loser and not mentally able to care for a child.

I'm still waiting for my Power 90 dvd's to come in the mail,I hope I get them in a week or 2 anyway. Meantime I'm starting up on the Slim in 6 DVD's again today,I've only been using the bike and gazelle for awhile and have to seriously kick it up a notch. Since my binge(past week)started I have gained 5 lbs,so that puts me back up to 138 and TOM is coming next week so I'll have to ADD another 4-6lbs at that point

Off to mom and dads for a lovely cup of tea now,then some exercise,catch ya later,
W.
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:48 PM   #21  

Good message, Wendy. It does depend on our bone structure and build. I am 5'9" but built large; if I ever got to 125 there would be nothing left! If I can get to an "in shape" 170 I will be just right. I know as I did it before LOL but just have to get there again!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 04:11 PM   #22  
Fat-be-gone

Aww crap!!! It's so slow here at work. Ugh!! I just went on a mini binge (doritos, 1/2 a Crunch bar, Coke) and am feeling really bloated right now. I can't wait to go home and work out. Since I couldn't go walking on my lunch I've just been sitting on my butt. I'm so anxious to do my SI6 and my Walk It Off. 1.25 hour left until I'm free. Hope everybody else's day at work is going better than mine!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:41 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 198 (HW) 183 (SW) / 180 / 150

Rosario - I so hear ya! Today I had 3 ... yes 3 cookies. Good thing they are the WW type that is lower calories, but sheesh! I am at 1000 calories today and I have a dinner function to go to tonight. The only redeeming thing is that I am a directional host (LOL) and so I might not even get a chance to really eat dinner. I will chow down on salad and veggies if I can

On the topic of goal weight ... first I would check to see what is medically healthy for your height. Lots of examples in Hollywood about what going under does to you - plus my Aunt died of anorexia so I am always cautious of that. But knowing how healthy you are, I hope that isn't even a possibility.

Goal weight is what you can maintain for a lifetime. If that is a reasonable amount that keeps your body running at a healthy level and puts you in the "healthy" catagories on the medical charts -- then it is good.

I always ask my partner/mate/lover if that would be too skinny, not because I am doing this for *him* but because when your clothes are off you want to feel sexy/beautiful and a lot of that has to do with your partner's view. So you might ask, "I am shooting for a goal weight of 120-140 [or whatever your range is], what do you think would be most optimum in that range?"

Couple all that with all the research that is out there and then pick the one that YOU like. Nevermind what everyone is saying (unless it is your Doctor) because you have to love you.

Hope that helped.
Sassy8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:01 PM   #24  

Rosario, I can't even imagine things being "slow" at work LOL. At my job that is never a problem as we are alway swamped! But that is much better IMO than things being too slow! And it is also an advantage in eating... always busy busy busy doesn't leave time to get bored and think about eating!
Old 03-28-2006, 05:57 PM   #25  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi guys! Thanks for all the great input re: goal weight. I think I'm keeping the goal I started with. I know I've been healthy at that weight before. I think that the people that know me and hear how far I am from goal are concerned because they think I was that weight when I was sick. (I had some severe food allergies I grew into and had a hard time sorting things out) Dont worry my goal is a good 12-15 pounds more than when I was sick. Before I got ill, I maintained 115 without trying so it seems like a good place to shoot for. It just gets overwhelming sometimes to deal with how people react to weightloss.

Nikki-Have a blast with all that exercise! I'm jealous you got to get outside for some of it.

Misti-hope your feeling better. I've never tried any of the ball exercises. What did you think (if you even fealt up to that today?)

Wendy-Sorry about your gain. Just hang in there and maybe after TOM you'll drop ALL of it really fast.

Rosario-Hope your exercise helped you feel better. Try not to obsess over your snack. (It could have been worse. At least you didn't eat the WHOLE candy bar!)

Have a great night everyone!
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:37 PM   #26  

Hi Brandy

I looked at these workout balls several months ago and wow, had I known how great they are, I would have bought them! They are soooooo nice and I love the way they make the muscles stretch!!! It is nice having something I really like to do. So far I am still only doing arm and upper body stuff but later I'll get into more. That is what I need most since I do so much walking
Old 03-28-2006, 09:57 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 236/230/140

I love using my workout balls in WATP. It really makes me work!! I had the worst chocolate craving today, so I gave in and had 5 mini sugar free hershey eggs. They were good. I exercised 30 mins and ate all my healthy meals and snacks. Did a little scrapping tonight and watched idol. Now, I gotta do some homework! YUCK! Good night everyone.
buckneram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:27 PM   #28  

Hi Angela... That is GREAT that you were able to limit your chocolate craving so well! Good for you!

Do you use the large ball too? LOL I am afraid I would kill myself on it. <G>
Old 03-29-2006, 12:16 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

ARHHHH!!! I'm at it again ,doing the eating thing,I wish one of you were here to kick my @--!!!!!!! I put myself in the Binge challage starting tomorrow, let's see if that helps

W.
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:47 AM   #30  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Morning everyone,

Wendy-hang in there girl! I know you can get back on track. Hope the new challenge helps. Do you think there's an underlying reason (I binge when stressed) or is it boredom? Sometimes if I can figure out why I want the bad stuff, I can take care of the real problem and remove the food factor. Get back on the wagon today. We are all here supporting you!

Today is spinning! Hope they have the mic and stereo working today. My back is finally feeling pretty good too, a little discomfort, but its improving. They do a ball workout downstairs during a portion of the spinning class. It is interesting to watch. I think concentrating on core work for that long would kill. My core is still pretty week compared to my arms and legs.

OK, Everyone jump back on track this morning! It looks like I'm going to be able to bask in a warmish day! Maybe I'll take the doggies for a long walk before I teach this afternoon. Good luck on beginning a brand new day today!
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote