Old 03-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #151  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . . Atlantic Canada is enjoying another cold but mostly sunny day. Nothing very exciting planned. Going to make a nice comforting stew for dinner tonight, but light on the beef and potatoes and heavy on the other veggies.

Java . . . Keep the good stuff going. It will pay off big time. I'm feeling a little concerned for Paula, too.

Paula . . . where are you? We miss you.

Tricia . . . loved the story about your little one. Don't you wish you could bottle that energy and save it for when you really need it.

Cassie . . . Good exercising. Don't worry too much about an extra 130 calories. Zig-zagging a little can be a good thing. Doesn't Jake have gorgeous eyes?

Lois . . . my ankles work like yours . . . especially after a day like yesterday . . . too much time sitting at the computer working on that little program fix. Probably would have been worse except I guzzled lots of water.

Stayce . . . you take care, girl. You can lose without exercising but it will take longer. Why don't you call Curves to see if they will either give you a refund, or at least an extention. Definitely tell them what happened.

Cheryl . . . have a great dancing day. That will probably be my next thing I look for, after my WATP and Yoga DVDs . . . could be months, of course, by the time they get here and I then manage to do them.

Have a good day, gang. Hopefully I'll be back later. Keep moving along.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:30 AM   #152  
Domestic Engineer

Stacye- Oh no! Just eat really clean the next 2 weeks and I'll bet you will still lose. Can you go for a walk- maybe even a stroll would at least be moving.
And I'd bet money that Curves has a medical exception to their contract. Ask your Dr. to write you a note! Good luck with it all.

Cassie- I agree. I seem to lose better when I have a day or 2 of a few extra calories- maybe it will be a good thing! You asked what dvd I do. Well, the exercise it called T-Tapp (www.t-tapp.com) It's hard to explain, but it's basically cardio with stretching. There is tons of great info on that site though if you take a look (and they explain it much better, lol). And Battle of the Bulge is just a thread on this page...there is a sticky at the very top explaining the game. Basically you get daily points for water, healthy eating and exercise and pounds off and then they are totalled at the end of the week. It's been pretty motivating for me and I'll drink more water or do another 20 minutes of exercise to get more points! And that's all good- right?! LOL

Cheryl- those dvds sound sooo fun! I pulled out an old step aerobic tape last night and did that for the first time in years! It was fun and just like riding a bike- the steps just came back to me.

Well, I did that 30 minute step tape last night and I did my t-tapp first thing this morning. I'll walk for another 20 later this afternoon or evening (gotta get that point! lol) Tomorrow will be a running on the treadmill day.
Scale said 217.6 today!! That is down 1.2 from yesterday so it's not official yet. BUT it means I am "unofficially" down 20 lbs!! At least I'm getting close either way
Have a great day, girls!
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:11 PM   #153  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls, I thought I would come by to let you know that I will be out of commission for today. I am so sick! I don't energy to even lift my head. So have a good one...hopefully I will be back in top order soon. BTW - dropped another 0.5lbs. Yay!
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:24 PM   #154  

well am doing ok so far today, just had mc ds for dinner but wos good didnt choose the worst stuff on the menu and stayed within my calories for the day...as long as i dont snack tonight which is always my munchies time!

meowee, think ur right bout posting everyday it does help keep u on track

Tina hope u feel better.
AndrewsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:36 PM   #155  

Stacye - oh how awful! You'll be back at Curves in no time. Follow the doctor's advice and take it easy. Just keep eating right and don't feel sorry for yourself. Two weeks in the whole scheme of things is nothing!

Tina - Hope you'll feel better real soon! My dh is also sick so I am trying to keep my own self healthy!

I've done really well with WW this week. I just got a promotion at work and with all this high stress, I haven't had the time to feed my emotions with food. I also had a real breakthrough with my therapist last week on what is causing my anxiety. Just realizing these things has made me relax more. Tonight is my big flexpoints treat.. popcorn with butter. It sure makes me feel like I'm not denying myself completely! Love it.

Have a good evening and I'll check in after weigh-in on Saturday! I'm crossing my fingers
pattybgud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:42 PM   #156  
Lois

Unhappy

Stayce, Ouch! ! ! ...take it easy girl... and then ease back into things.

Cheryl, I had a hernia too and had to have surgury about 15 years ago and was 5 months pg. at the time. It became too painfull to bear... so I know how you feel.

Linda, I try not to spend too much time at the puter, but time does fly... maybe that is part of my problem too.

Emily,you are doing great! ...congrats on getting in that exercise... and whoo hooo on the loss

Liza, coming here gives me my daily dose of motivation for staying on track... keep up the good work.

Tina, aww, sorry to hear you are not feeling well...get better so you can get back in here with all that good inspiration.

Tricia, Happy to hear you are doing well. Congrats on the promotion ...and enjoy your treat.

As for me I have had a not so good day. I got a call this morning and learned my 16 yr. old nephew was killed in a house fire early this morning. I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around this. It has been a really sad day.

I just needed to come and check in to keep some normalcy in my day and get some positive thoughts. I did good on my water today but I did not get in a workout... I will get it in tomorrow. I may be a little quiet for a day or two, but I will be reading your posts ..,so know I'm here and keep my family in your thoughts.

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:02 AM   #157  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Good evening everyone! I'm here to check in...I love coming here at night to share my day! Before I get started with personals, has Paula checked in lately? I still haven't heard from her! I hope all is well!

Lois~ I am SO SO sorry about your nephew! You are in my prayers!

Stacye~ Wow, sorry to hear that you are laid up for a bit! I'm wishing you a speedy recovery, take it easy!

Cheryl~ Thanks for the info on the DVD! I am going to look into it tomorrow when my hubby gets paid.

Meowee~ I read that zig-zagging can be great, but I still feel guilty about it! Oh well, I guess I should be happy since I am still losing (knock on wood)!!

Jelynn~ Thanks so much for all the info! I can't believe that I didn't see that game at the top of the page, LOL! Which T-Tap DVD would you suggest starting with? COngrats on the "almost official" loss...I weigh in tomorrow, too!

Tina~ Sorry you're sick! Get better fast, and congrats on the loss...you're doing soooo good!

AndrewsMum~ How did you do on your caloires for the day? I always have a hard time at night, becuase I like to eat while I mess around on the 'puter!

Pattybgud~ That's GREAT about your promotion! Woo hoo! I didn't know that you suffered from anxiety...so do I, and I am in the process of seeking help, as it has been getting much worse lately.

Well, my day wasn't so great either. Diet and exercise wise, it was great...I stayed well under my calories and worked out twice, but other than that, it was bad. One of our dogs got ran over and killed this morning, the one that had puppies 2 months ago. We just gave away 2 of the puppies tonight, and the other one goes tomorrow...that's losing 4 dogs in 2 days, and we are all pretty sad about it. A high school girl hit her on the way to school, and the poor kid was soooo upset, shaking and crying! What an awful day. Also, my anxiety is really getting bad. I put in a call to my doc to see if I can be put on something, but I forgot that she is out of the office on Thursday afternoons...hopefully I will hear from her tomorrow.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:49 AM   #158  

Lois, OMG i am so so sorry about ur nephew, such a waste wen he was just starting out in life my thoughts are with u and ur family at this difficult time, stay strong support each other and u will all get thru it. big big hugs.

cassie, another having a bad day. hug for u too.

where is paula?

congrats on all ur losses

did ok yesterday managed healthy snacking wen got the munchies, its not quite the same eating an apple while on the comp id much rathr be eating chocolate lol
tried out my new dumbells last night they are 5lbs each so wen wos lifting them i kept thinking to myself i have lost this weight times 3. i am so gonna lose heaps more. i know iv not been doing so well lately keep losing my motivation and i have no willpower but i so badly wanna do this. i just have to try to think everytime i reach for the bad foods..."wot do i want more..to be thin or to eat this rubbish?" no contest i wanna be thin and i will be, its just gonna take more effort and hard work than i have been putting in lately.
havnt done a workout yet this morning but gotta rush out now so will have to fit it in later.

check back wiv y'all laters
Old 03-17-2006, 10:57 AM   #159  
Onward and Downward

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! We got a little snow last night, so he's wearing a white coat. Not too much snow . . . just enough to remind us that it isn't Spring yet.

Emily . . . congrats on your 'unofficial' twenty pounds . . . hope it becomes 'official' really soon.

Tina . . . get well soon; really soon. We need your happy face.

Liza . . . attagirl . . . you're heading in the right direction. Maybe we can all put our heads together and invent a chocolate-flavoured apple.

Lois . . . how horrible about your nephew. Sending good vibes to you and your entire family, girl. Stay strong.

Cassie . . . sorry about your dog. At least she gave her puppies a good start and she can rest easy because they are all getting good homes.

Keep doing the good stuff, everybody. Here's a double dose of to help us all make it through the day.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:10 AM   #160  
Onward and Downward

I just checked Paula's profile. She hasn't posted since the 11th. I'm really getting concerned. Does anyone know how to reach her (other than on 3FC)?
Old 03-17-2006, 12:50 PM   #161  

meowee, i did that earlier too she hasnt been around for ages.
no thanks to the chocolate flavoured apple id rather have sum1 invent zero calorie zero fat chocolate!!
Old 03-17-2006, 01:23 PM   #162  
Onward and Downward

Me too!
Old 03-17-2006, 03:36 PM   #163  
Red Team Member

Hmmm...I wonder where Paula has gone off to! She did say that they would be pretty busy with baseball, so maybe that's it. I talked to her on the phone last week, but haven't heard from her since then. If I were thinking, I would have taken down her number from my caller ID!

Well, today is my official weigh in, and I am down about 6 lbs! I think that working out has really given my body the PUSH it needs! Yay! About my anxiety, my doctor called in a perscription for Zoloft for me, so I will begin taking it on Monday...I am nervous about it, but I know that I need it.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #164  
Lois

Default news clip...

I just found this... my mom was given the web address to the local news report on my nephew. He was my youngest brothers first born. I still can't believe it

Qjonte' Williams

...on a brighter note, I'm down 2 lbs.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, it means a lot to me.

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:43 PM   #165  
Red Team Member

That is SO tragic, Lois...I am so sorry.