Old 03-15-2006, 12:49 PM   #136  
Lois

Just a quick chech in,

WTG on the losses girls!

Yep, I think Bob was at the bowling alley... probably laughing at all my gutter balls My muscles are still a little sore but I was able to get in a good workout last night. I'm still dealing with this water retention... I guess I'm still not drinking enough, but I got started early today. I need to swear off the salt for a day or two.

Hope everyone has a good day... I will check back this evening.

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:01 PM   #137  
Domestic Engineer

Wow!! Lots of scale victories today!! Great job Tina and Robisa!!
I had a great scale morning this morning as well...218.8!! - Makes for 18.8 lbs off total since January 16th.
Tina- I hope you aren't getting sick! Maybe your body is just asking for a rest today- don't do too much!
I walked last night another mile (had to get another point for the Beat the Bulge game-- I tell you it's a great game, JOIN ME!!) Today I need to do one of dvds.
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:33 PM   #138  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

WHOOPIE . . . WHOOPIE . . . I finally got the scale moving again . . . a whole two pounds have gone to ugly-pound-heaven this morning, and I am thrilled!

Now for the bad part (maybe, I'm not sure). Have you ever had the feeling something wasn't quite right, but you couldn't put your finger on it? That's how I was feeling about my Excel program I use to track my calories, weight, and diabetes-related stuff. That's what prompted my tour of the on-line programs I was taliking about yesterday. Well . . . I finally figured it out. When I modified the program to calculate calories consumed, I neglected to re-integrate the fibre carbs into the total carb count. From the glycemic impact point of view, you only count "net" carbs. Of course, from a calorie point of view, all carbs have to be counted. To shorten the story a little . . . I've been understating my calories by about 12.5% for the past 10 weeks. So . . . now I'm because I have to get used to about 200 calories less, but I'm because now maybe my rate of loss will speed up.

Lois . . . just want to say "ditto" on those great comments about the motivation value of this thread and 3FC in general. Get drinking that water, girl.

Java . . . if you must dream about chocolate, at least let it be a happy dream

Cassie . . . good work on the WATP . . . between that and the zig-zagging of your eating, you are really practicing those tips that Tina posted.

Tina . . . great result . . . all the pain and shaky arms was definitely worth it.

Robsia . . . Have all the feel good moments you want . . . you really deserve them. Too bad your latest NSV-lady would never be able to understand that you feel a bunch better about a victory when you work for it. If there was a magic potion, weight-loss would not be nearly as rewarding.

Jelynn . . . another great SV . . .ain't life grand.

Well. I'd better get back to my program re-write or I won't be able to track anything today. The little excel- is in there at the moment. I can't get the recalcs to cross balance. But I'll get him out.

Have a great evening, gang. Keep on doing the good stuff and basking in the rewards.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:30 PM   #139  

Robsia...Yay!!! I'm so happy for you reaching your St Paddy's goal. Feels great doesn't it!! My next goal is also 8 lbs by Easter. I know we both will work hard to get there.

Mary...Hey! You are doing great!! Anytime my salt intake is high, I just up the water. Helps flush it out.

Tina...I'm dancing on the ceiling for you. 239!!!! Doing the dance Thanks for posing the information on breaking a plateau.

Cassie...Way to go on working out with WATP. I know you will reach your goal by Friday.

Emily... for your loss as well.

Linda... 2 lbs is great!!

I have been having a great week so far. Eating within my points and I started working out to a new exercising DVD. I bought two Dance away the Pounds DVD's. I love to dance, and boy what a workout. It was FUN also.
Tina and Cassie, I think you would love them!!!

Well ladies, I'll try to check back later on this evening.

~Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:35 PM   #140  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Cheryl, and anyone else who wants to join us on our Eight by Easter challenge - I've started a thread about it:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...26#post1174226
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:05 PM   #141  

Hi all you skinny chicks

Wow ur all doing great me, im not doin so good

havnt checked in for ages will catch up on all the pages iv missed later, well have been very naughty had a few mc ds since last been on...the other day wos particularly bad..i had a double quarter pounder wiv cheese, looked up the calories wen got home and i wos shocked 710calories!! add that to completly losing motivation on the exercising and basically doing none as u can see on my ticker that iv just changed...if i keep going like this i'll soon be back to my highest weight and more no thank u!! so getting back on track today, bought a couple of workout vids that were goin cheap and also bought meself a set of dumbells tried the dance workout vid this eve and well i wos outta breath doing the warm-up. its scary how quickly we can un-do all our hard work if we dont keep motivated watched the biggest loser this eve...wow those guys work hard..think i need a personal trainer to and not let me give up and make me work as hard as poss. unfortunatly not much chance of that so i need u guys kicking me up the butt

big hugs to y'all iv missed ye
AndrewsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:09 PM   #142  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Another 50 minutes down in exercise. Woohoo! I have to go make dinner now but just wanted to check in with you guys because I haven't posted in a couple of days.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #143  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Cheryl . . . hooray for the dancing queen. Teahoney . . . we missed you. Good on the exercise. Liza . . . good girl for getting back in sync. Try to post everyday, it helps with staying on track. Robsia . . . I'm there!

Just wanted to let you know I got the program fixed so I'm back in business.

Keep it together, gang.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:56 PM   #144  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Turtle workin'

Quick check in from work, probably not time for individual responses. But you all are doing really well. I'm very proud of you. Anyone hear from Paula? I'm getting a little worried.

Food and water still good for me and I forced a hard three miles on the bike this morning (1 mile at the highest setting). I'm hoping to do a DVD or tape tonight when I get home. If I'm on, I'll post a toodles to you all then.

Java Turtle (workin')
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:01 PM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLai
Goodevening all!

Had a pretty good day, same ol' same ol'. Not much to report. I rented the movie "Walk the Line" to watch with my mom tonight whenever she gets here. Have any of you seen it? Considering it has been sold out and rented out since last tuesday, I think it must good.

Well I guess that's all! Have a great night ladies!
TTFN!
~Tina
Hope you liked Walk the Line! During the music, my 2 year old daughter played air-guitar and danced & danced! She was so adorable!
pattybgud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:06 PM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsia

And I hit 50,000 words on my novel!

Ain't life great?
Robsia - congrats on the NSV! Are you writing a novel??
pattybgud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #147  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies! I just LOVE coming here!

Tina~ Do you like that Biggest Loser workout? I am thinking about getting it this weekend, because I need a lot of variety in my exercise program! It souds like you are doing sooo well on it! Congrats on making 30 lbs lost! Wow! I can't wait to be there with you!

Robsia~ Congrats on making your goal! I can't wait until people notice that I am losing weight... I bet that feels great!

Java Turtle~ Did you get that nap in? I have also been wondering about Paula! I haven't seen her on MySpace, either!

Lois~ Just curious, how can you tell if you are retaining water? Just from the scale? Good luck!

Jelynn~ Congrats on 18.8 lbs lost! That's WONDERFUL! What DVD's are you doing? And what is Beat The Bulge? Sorry, I'm clueless, LOL!

Meowee~ Woo Hoo! Don't you LOVE when the scale moves again! Congrats to you as well! Sorry to hear you made a "boo boo" in figuring up calories!

Cheryl~ I'll have to look in to the Dance Away The Pounds! I haven't heard of them; are they Leslie Sansone too? Thanks!

AndrewsMum~ Get right back on track, and you'll do JUST FINE! I was shocked to learn how many calories were in a Double Quarter Pounder, too...so sad, because I LOVE THOSE! *sigh* We're here for you!

Teahoney~ GREAT job on your exercising! You are doing AWESOME!

Well, I had another "blah" day. Did great on my exercise, did the 2 mile WATP this morning, then the 1 Mile WATP this evening....but I went 130 Calories over. I don't think that will make me gain, but still...I need to get on track and really watch it! I have such a hard time not eating my kids' food though. Ugh!
I just finished watching "Jarhead"... I really liked it! Oh, and Jake Gyllenhaal isn't bad to look at, either!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:37 PM   #148  
Lois

Mary and Cassie, thanks ...you are so right... I need to get out more often... not only was it fun, but good exercise too!

Linda, Whooo Hooo! WTG on getting the evil scale to moving again. ...I'm loving your excitement. Glad you got that program figured out... now let the pounds start dropping :

Cheryl, hmmm dance away the pounds does sound like fun. Who makes it, and where can I find it?

Liza, ...good to see that you have recommitted yourself. I know what you mean... it takes no time at all to get out of shape, but... it doesn't take that long to get back on track either... one day at a time!

Tracey, great job on the exercise!

Cassie, I can always tell by my ankles... some mornings when I wake up I can press my finger into my ankel and it will leave an indentation... some morings when I'm retaining alot the indentation is really deep ...oh and of course the numbers on the scale fluctuate up too

I had a good day, stayed away from the sodium. That weekend of fast food really did me in That was the first and last time I indulge like that!

I had a good workout earlier today (2 mile) and did another mile this evening. I think my body is getting used to the 2 mile and it's time to bump it up... so my plan is to start tomorrow doing the 3 mile, and although I made it though it once, I have yet to do it again, I mean the that vid period! So that will be my challenge for the remainder of the month, to consistantly do the 3 mile workout, and THEN maybe I will be ready for Bob on a regular basis!

Hope everyone had a good day!

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:19 AM   #149  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Hey Hey Girlies!

Just wanted to pop on for a quick HELLO!

Lots has happened in my world since I was here 2 days ago. On Saturday I started having some pretty bad pains on the right side of my lower abdomen and by yesterday morning they were much worse!
After a phone call with my pcp - we headed to the ER ... the first thought was that it was appendicitis ... thank goodness it wasn't, but I do have an 'Abdominal Wall Tear' ... I've been placed on limited activity, with no lifting and no exercise for the next 2 weeks! How's a girl supposed to lose weight without exercise???
I guess I understand b/c the fear is that the tear can increase and cause an abdominal hernia - which would mean surgery ... and I certainly don't want that ... do I!? Nooooooo

The doc believes (as do I) that the new exercise program that I've been doing at Curves more than likely caused the injury *sigh* and that stinks b/c I JUST joined last Friday! My first months fees will be totally wasted - just my luck! lol

Well thanks to the pain pills I feel like I'm about to crash ... so I guess I'm going to get off here and head to bed ... Sorry for not getting to personals but I'll be back in the morning and get caught up.

Congrats for the losses!

Nite Nite ... see y'all in the morning!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:29 AM   #150  

Default Dance Off The Inches

Morning Ladies,

A few of you have asked about the Dance DVD's. I found them at KMART. The one I like the best is call "Dance Off The Inches". They created a progressive tempo format that makes dancing off the inches as easy as 1-2-3. You first try the simple dance steps at tempo 1 and get comforable. Then you gradually step up the pace to the full, fat blasting tempo. The instructor is Juliane Arney, and she takes you through 4 complete dances. You'll do steps for the Cha cha cha and mambo, plus others.

The second DVD is called "Dance It Off", by Prevention Fitness System. It is also four dance routines you complete. It was good also, but I liked the first one better. For those of you that your kids want to exercise with you, they would love it as well.

Stacey....Oh do be carefull. I have a belly button hernia and believe me, I PAMPER IT!!!! I want 100 lbs off by next January so I can go in have surgery.
I don't do ANY exercise that involve the abs right now. I already had an incident where my navel was bleeding and it took forever to get the bleeding to stop.

Make it a good day. I'll try to check back later.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote