Old 03-01-2006, 11:50 AM   #16  
Domestic Engineer

Hey guys! I haven't posted for awhile, but wanted to check in. I'm doing an exercise "bootcamp" with my sisters this week which means a pretty tough workout 5 days in a row. This morning was day 2. It will get my points up though! lol

Keep up the great work, everyone!
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:33 PM   #17  
Fat-be-gone

I just remembered today is the beginning of lent!! Came out of nowhere. I was wondering if everyone here is religious and if you are, what are you giving up??

I'm giving up potatoes. Oh no, what am I thinking. No more french fries, baked or mashed potatoes!! Wow, that's going to be tough, but if I don't they will be the death of me lol.

Rosario
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #18  
Nett

S/C/G: 235

Hi All, I've been doing the Eating for Life three meals with 2 'midmeals' and a 'dessert' before bed all balanced with the protein and carbs. This would be impossible without the recipes in the book. I've found that I don't binge (I feel like I'm already fixing the next set of food before I'm done eating the other at every 3 hours!). I still enter everything in FitDaydotcom, and I've lowered my calorie intake by no longer binging. Since I am a stay at home mom, I can keep this up but it is hard to eat 6 times a day at regular intervals. My 13 month old Sylvia is also eating healthier (more yogurt and cottage cheese for her too ). I haven't done 3 to 4 exercise points a day like I had planned, but maybe next week. Should I be putting down the 40 minute walking pushing the stroller with my husband walking the dog down as 2 points? I look at that as relaxation as there is no real push to go fast (except by Duke the dog). I don't even break a sweat.

Everyone is doing wonderful and this challenge is definitely what I need to give my workout and eating a good swift kick in the butt!

Yeah for everyone!
Keep it UP!
Nett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:09 PM   #19  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you are setting goals for the month of March. I've been working on mine and here's what I've come up with so far.

-26 Workouts for the month
-8-10 lb loss for month (might be a bit more than I can do, I'll try)
-Comfortably wear a size 6 (I can squeeze in them now but they aren't pretty and definetly not comfy.)
-Maintain healthy water and food consumption

Anyone care to help me be accountable for these? Mind sharing your goals? It helps me to put them in writing each month. Thanks.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:52 PM   #20  
Domestic Engineer

Had my first 9 point day today! Woot!
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:00 AM   #21  
Fat-be-gone

I've decided to set some goals for March. I'm slipping a bit so it might help if I wrote them down, too. (thanks for the idea, Brandy!!)

-Im going for 10lb loss.
-work out everyday

It's not much but it's a start. If I think of anymore, i'll list them down.

I think everybody should list their March goals, that way we can all push each other and support each other. What do you think.

jelynn-good job on those 9 points. i hope all your days from now on are 9-pointers!!

Have a great day everyone!
Rosario
Old 03-02-2006, 09:02 AM   #22  
used to be tofat

Morning ladies, its a nasty day here in Michigan. Freezing rain so I cancelled my spinning class and just finished a step tape. Watching the little ones today while sis has her MRI for her back. No lessons tonight (I teach piano lessons--gotta use the 2 degrees for something) but I have choir rehersal at the church.

Everyones points look great. Keep it up! I always joke that what I give up for lent is my spare time (I'm at church a MINIMUM 3 days/nights a week doing my organist duties--that doesn't even include practice time.) Anyways, hope you all have a lovely day.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:17 AM   #23  
Sandra

S/C/G: 230/195.0/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies ~ It's good to see some of you back after a little MIA time.

Rosario ~ I have two goals right now...One is to lose 10 lbs. by St. Patrick's Day which I still have 4.4 lbs. to go. The other is to lose 25 lbs. by June 15 which gives me 15 weeks. In order to meet that I HAVE to lose approx. 1.5 pounds a week so I need to stay on track here.

I'll check in later...gonna do some cleaning. Gee, fun.

~ Sandra
OneLastTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #24  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Morning!! How is everyone today? I still have TOM but it is getting better. BLECH!! (hate TOM ) Anywho.....lets see? a goal for March? Well, currently I have a bet with my best friend to see who can lose 12 lbs by April 12th...hehe, she's coming for a visit and the winner gets treated to something during the visit. I'm in need of a manicure, so thats going to be MY PRIZE WHEN I WIN!!!

I'm also aiming to go in my first 5K run in April, so my goal is to maintain my training schedule which right now is running 5 our of 7 days. So far so good!

March goals: excercise 5 out of 7 days (training prep.)
weight training 3 days a week
lose 8 lbs (towards girlfriend challenge)
limit carbs to 120 grams per day
That should keep me on my toes!!! How's that Rosario?
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #25  
Fat-be-gone

Someone at work finally noticed that I'm losing weight!! I haven't lost much but i can see a difference and I'm happy that someone other than me or my boyfriend have said something. And to think I was gonna head over to Burger King and pick something up. Ha!!! Good thing I didn't. I just went for a walk and ate the lunch that I packed. Good job to me!!
Old 03-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #26  
used to be tofat

Rosario that is wonderful!!! I hope that reinforces the commitment you've shown so far. (I'm really glad you got the comment before the dreaded fast food took control) Isn't it wonderful when you get such a compliment? Just makes you all that more determined. Congrats again and I know you'll have an awesome afternoon now.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:18 PM   #27  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Woohoooo that is AWESOME Rosario!!! Doesn't a comment like that make such a PAYOFF!!!! yeah, good thing it was a deterent from having fast food, you would have felt awful .....hearing such a good comment and having grease run down your chin!!! NASTY BURGER
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:49 PM   #28  
New Mommy

Hi all

I am hanging on BARELY

For March I need to LOSE something...anything I cannot get out of this rut
SteadyOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:00 AM   #29  
used to be tofat

Morning everyone, happy Friday. Today I'm planning on doing exercise to a tape at home. (not sure which one quite yet) I need to run to Ann Arbor to drop of samples of what I'll be teaching for the next 3 months. That means that when I get that done, I can wander about for a bit. I want to go to the bookstore and just browse. (Thats one of my favorite leisure activities)

I am going to have trouble with diet tonight as we are attending a charity dinner dance for a local high school. I'm not sure whats on the menu, but I'm sure its not what I have been eating. Wish me luck and determination to not stray to far. I am excited to be able to dress up in the new smaller size dress!!! Anyways, need to start my exercises so I'm off. Hope everyone has a fabulous day.

SteadyOn-Keep with it. We all know how miserable it is when the scale gets stuck. Have you checked your measurements? Sometimes those move even when the scale doesn't. I'm sending you good vibes to get that scale a moving.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:07 AM   #30  
New Mommy

thanks Brandy. I will measure on Monday, I feel fatter though. My belly is really out there

I think I have food issues...going to address them.
SteadyOn is offline   Reply With Quote