Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 07:56 AM   #16  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Just a quick one from me, too, today. Too much to do, but wanted to say hello.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:09 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hello ladies...

Not much going on, same old stuff, different day.

ANGIE...tickets to see Rob Thomas...I'm so jealous! But happy for ya! I am regretting not seeing Nickelback when they came last week. Didn't know you guys were getting new furniture...did you mention that? Can't remember...bet if looks nice though.

SUSAN...I'll take a tummy tuck too! Hope you had a nice/fun time at the basketball game. If everyone wants to get together in Portland that is fine by me. I'm assuming the same date applies????

CONNIE...(((((HUGS))))) to you.

JANE...I was still planning on going to Vegas as long as a trip to HI wasn't close to the June date. Of course key word being "was". LOL Not sure about a trip to HI now though...depends on what is going on with Josh and right now he's busy. Then we will be moving who knows when, and so on and so on. But I am keeping the June dates open for wherever you ladies plan a get-together. Guess I am in the dark and didn't know that Angie and Monte as well as you and Neal didn't really want to go to Vegas. Anyway, whatever everyone is decides on is good with me except Disneyland...been there, done that way too many times. Portland would be good for me.

The symphony was EXCELLENT! WOW! It was awesome and I am so glad I went! I almost didn't because it was toooo cold, brrrr! I really need to get out more and see them. I think the last time was in Oct. 2004. They have another one in March.

Anyway, gotta get the laundry done today and that's about all that's on the agenda. Had errands to run this morning. Forgot it was a holiday and almost everyone is home-not that it matters.

Have a good one ladies
Old 02-21-2006, 12:03 AM   #18  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Logan got to try some solid food on Friday. My mom tried him with some rice cereal with applesauce. He loved it! He started screaming and yelling at her when she stopped feeding him.

We helped my sister and her family move into their home on Friday and Saturday. I got my workout while doing that. We ended up staying at their home Friday night because the roads and weather were that bad.

Friday night I was in one of the bedrooms at my sisters new house with Brandon to keep him out of the way. Brandon handed me a top to a play skillet, and he said “Brandon” and I said “no, it isn’t Brandon’s. It is your cousin Brooke’s toy.” He handed it to me again and said his name again. I asked Tommy if he had heard it because he was standing there, and he didn’t hear it. Brandon said his name one more time, and Tommy goes “I heard it that time.”

Jane~ So far so good on the challenge!

Cristi~ I see the books about different diets, but no cook books. I have seen the south beach diet eating out guide, but that is it. Their pediatrician didn't say anything about him being bigger then he should be. So I am guessing no news is good news.

on another note, Tommy was "released" from his job this past Friday. So we have been trying to regroup on somethings. Mainly cutting back on what we were going to use our tax returns for so that we will have some extra money to live on. They claimed that his production wasn't up to par, but they have told him in the past that he is one of their highest production guys in there. He was just about to get his insurance too.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:21 AM   #19  

Height: 5'1"

Hello gals!!
I'm so sorry I've been MIA!! I have a horrible sinus cold and I can barely breathe!! It's a good thing I'm all alone in my cubicle at work or I'd be spreading the joy w/all my coworkers!

I'm trying to get a lot of rest, and lots of fluids in my body. Just hate running to the girls room all the time.

Anyway, I'm able to quickly read the post so I'm keeping up, just really tired all the time.

I promise to do individuals once I'm feeling much better!

Hugs to you all!
Old 02-21-2006, 08:31 AM   #20  
RosieKate

Good Morning!

Well, the Knitting Olympics quickly turned into a " What the H*** was I thinking" this weekend. May have to pull a Michelle Kwan. I discovered an error in the pattern when I was about half way down the left front. So if I want it to look the way it's supposed to I realized I would have to redo the back. I may just finish and send my entry in for the prize drawing, then redo it. sneaky

On other fronts, I started tracking on the s.p.a.r.k.p.e.o.p.l.e. website and I like how it works - very user friendly....keeps a running average of calories for the week, which I like.

Mindee - my son was 17 pounds at 3 months and never heard a peep from the pediatrician. Sorry about Tommy's job

Marti - sure hope you feel better soon

Cristi - have you made any offers yet? I bet all this is keeping you busy....

Mary Kate - a belated get well soon from me. Hope you are managing your pain and recovering quickly

Angie - good luck with your surgery.....when all is said and done you are going to feel so much better.

Hi to Jane and Susan and everyone else, Sue, CJ, Yikes, I know I am forgetting someone

Katy

Old 02-21-2006, 10:54 AM   #21  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning all,
Marti, yuck,,,there a few ladies who have been horribly sick that past few days/weeks, I have somehow avoided it. You are doing all the right things, fluids, and rest. The best medicine.

Katy,,,I am now on a nation wide search for that bumper sticker Susan was talking about before.
I am now making a blanket,,,long (scarf like) panels tht I plan to stitch together... Once I am done that I plan to use up all my left overs and bring it to the animal shelter, one of the ladies at work crochets blankets for the cages of animals.

Mindee, sorry to hear about you hubby. Both my boys were in the 110% area, they slowed down with their growing around 3 yrs old. Brandon became one of the shortest boys in his class till grade 11 when he again grew alot. Tanner is close to one of the shortest boys in his class, so he may follow his brother in growth.

Cristi, just had the leather man over to fix a scratch. I just love this set. Big and soft...its brown, unlike my other leather set which is burgandy. We are hoping the burgandy set fits down the stairs. If not then I will pull everything out of my office and have it in here....lol

Well I need to get to work,,,so much to do. I need to go and pay a couple of bills so Monte doesn't have to worry about it.
Im packed, need to call at 2 to find out what time my surgery is.
better run, have a great day ladies.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:47 PM   #22  
a work in progress

Good morning, ladies! I've actually been drinking tea more lately than coffee -- my sister is visiting from Idaho, and she is a tea drinker, so we make it by the pot. Then we have Scrabble and Perquacky marathons...so good having her visit!

I haven't really posted in so long...I come on about every other day and read to catch up on the news, but my arm's been too sore to do really any extended typing. I go in for my almost-two-week post op today to see if I can get the stitches out -- I have an incision from the inside of my elbow about a third of the way down my forearm. Whole arm is still sore, still bruised, top of my thumb is numb, and my thumb isn't cooperating with me sometimes -- can't shuffle cards, having some problems with my grip. The pain in and around my elbow seems to have lessened a lot, but it's disappointing and a little scary that I'm not seeing any other significant improvement. Well, I guess I am since I'm not taking 2 pain pills every 4 hours like the first couple of days! Hopefully this is all just normal since it's been less than two weeks since surgery.

Angie, big hugs to you! Surgery sucks and is no fun, but I had a hysterectomy about 8 years ago, and I'm so glad I did. I was having problems similar to what you described -- TOM lasting 2 weeks each month, popping Darvocet for pain management, having to sit around with my feet up several days each month because no "protection" was adequate for me to do normal things like trips to the grocery store. I hope it goes smoothly for you and you start feeling better right away. Let Monte and your boys take care of you for a change, and get lots of rest! BTW, I saw Matchbox 20 a few years ago on my birthday -- awesome show, I'm sure Rob Thomas will be great in concert.

Jane, hoping Neal handles the house demolition ok...lots of memories. You two have had a lot of changes in your lives recently -- his retirement, Katie leaving the nest -- but they are new beginnings too, and can be so exciting. Now you are free to travel whenever you like...and you will have a brand new house which is such a lovely thing...and you have the perfect excuse to visit Disneyworld all the time!!!

Aw, Marti, sorry you have been feeling so icky Chicken soup really does help with stuffy sinus problems -- they've actually done clinical studies on it! But for me, the absolute best thing is Chevy's chips and salsa. Lots and lots of spicy salsa will clear my head...and a strawberry dacquiri (or two) doesn't hurt, either.

Katy, I bet your sweater looks great, even with the "mistake". I think you should just pretend it's exactly what you intended. I need someone to show me how to knit -- can't figure out any printed instructions. A girlfriend tried to teach me how to crochet, but as soon as she wasn't watching over my shoulder, it came out horribly lopsided. I think I get distracted when I'm trying to keep count of the stitches, or something...

Mindee, yay for Logan on solid food! My kids loved applesauce. I never really bought baby food...my boys went through vats of plain unsweetened applesauce, and mashed bananas, and I bought juice-pack peaches and pears and just pureed them in the food processor. Sorry to hear about Tommy's job...hope he finds something again soon.

Cristi, love the symphony! Schumann and Brahms, sounds like a wonderful program. Was it an outdoor performance? A town near us has a Strauss festival every year in the park in July, with dancers and members of the symphony playing, really nice evening, especially with a picnic dinner...

Sue, tell your grandson to say "hi" to Mickey for me...we'll be visiting Mickey and Minnie on Spring Break

Nancy, I'm right there with ya...lost 25 lbs on WW, then have been struggling with this plateau...I think I've gained and lost the same 4 lbs since New Year's. Have lost my focus a bit and I haven't been consistently doing the 4 things our WW leader says we have to do: drink plenty of water, write down everything we eat, stay within our points, and exercise 20 minutes each day. *sigh* I know what works, what I need to do, I just have to re-motivate myself to do it.

Connie, very sorry to hear of your struggles w/your DH. Did you ever find out if Medicare would assist with any kind of Adult Day Care program so you could get some help? And I second Angie's thought...could the little one you babysit be dropped off at bedtime the night before to make it easier for you?

Susan, did you end up taking Miss Gaby to see Curious George?

OK, gotta lot of errands to run today, so better get the show on the road. Hope everyone has a great day
Old 02-21-2006, 01:53 PM   #23  
One day at a time

Smile

Hello Chickies!

I swear...if DS didn't lock his keys in his car so much I wouldn't have anything to do sometimes! That kid is ALWAYS locking his keys in his car, ALWAYS! I've told him too, that after one or two times he should carry an extra key in his wallet. Well, he doesn't carry a wallet. I told well, tape it to your butt then! I've never seen anyone lock their keys in their car as much as he does. Of course I was out doing things and about 15 minutes from home. So had to go home get his extra key and take it to him. Anyway...he cracks me up.

MARYKATE...well, glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better. Outdoor symphony in the midwest in February?! No way! I wouldn't have gone if it had been outdoors. It was a whopping 7 degrees! Mother nature decided last Friday that it was winter and it got COLD! There's a fancy shopping center that has trees and a pond and each spring/summer they do outdoor concerts, which is nice.

MARTI...take care of yourself and get lots of fluids and rest. V has the flu and I feel bad for him. He lost his voice yesterday, couldn't talk at all.

MINDEE...when my oldest was 6 months old the doc told me we may have to put him on a diet! He wasn't sitting up yet and was a roly poly but I wasn't worried. He didn't eat much "real" food, mostly bottles so how in the world do you put a 6-month-old on a diet? Take his bottle away? I'm sure Logan is at an okay weight.

KATY...are you serious about James weighing that much at that age?! Holy moly! I can't remember how much Jason weighed when the doc said that about the diet, but he wasn't that big. Of course I didn't think he was so big period. I would have to look in his baby book to see what he weighed for sure. Haven't put in any offers yet. Before we do on the one house there's a subdivision I want to look at. That's what I was doing when DS called. We look online for houses and then I will go drive by them to see if it something we would be interested in looking at inside before wasting the realtors time with making appointments and such. Some of those I looked at this morning were model homes but not opened yet. So tomorrow I may go look in them tomorrow sometime. For some reason this time I am taking my time, looking at all our options and such. But I am almost positive the one house is the one we will go with.

ANGIE...now I remember...the new furniture for the basement. Can't keep things straight sometimes. Try CafePress.com for the bumper sticker. I think if you can't find it there they can make one for you. I think it was them that I was looking at about a week ago.

Well, I need to go and get something done. Haven't made my bed yet...wanted to take the flannel sheets off and wash them. I have another set of flannel sheets but they are not fluffy and warm like these. So when it's cold I take these off and wash them and put them back on. Nothing like flannel sheets in the winter time. Also, want to go take a gander at about 6 of these houses I drove by this morning. I cut the list down to these 6 but want to look online at them and see what they have to offer again. I can't keep things straight with all the houses we looked at. And I am making notes! The realtor is coming over tomorrow to take pics of our house and get that started so we need to look at these houses fast and decide on something. Anyway...

Take care ladies and have a great day!
Old 02-21-2006, 03:47 PM   #24  
Nancy

Knitting olympics...I like that! I just taught 2 friends to knit because I"m tired of knitting all by myself. I hate finding an error when I'm almost done. I've been known, though, to leave one or two little mistakes in...it's just for me to know they're there.

I have done some thinking about the whole weight loss efforts...I need to focus on where I was, the positive changes I've made, and keep reminding myself that I didn't gain the weight overnight, I'm certainly not going to lose it overnight...

Okay, I've got to get back to the report I'm racing through so I can get to the pool for a swim before I have to pick up my son!
Old 02-21-2006, 08:00 PM   #25  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies!

Mindee - too bad about Tommy's job. Hope he finds a new one soon. If the doc isn't worried about the baby's weight, I'd say it must be in the normal range. My Mary was overweight as a baby. I got a good talking to by her doc. Funny, too, because she's the only one of my kids who never had to watch her weight as an adult. If anything, she's too thin.

Marti - hope you're feeling better by the time you read this.

Katy - do your hands get all crampy when you knit a lot? I tried knitting a long time ago, and my hands would get stiff and sore, so I took up embroidery.

Angie - good luck tomorrow! My thoughts and prayers will be with you!!

Katie - well, if you're taking less pain meds, that's sounds encouraging. What the heck is Perquacky??? Sounds fun, though. Have a good time with your sister.

Cristi - don't you wish you could take the 6 houses and build the perfect one? Did you see any that you like better than the others? Thank goodness for the internet to help out, right?

Nancy - yay for thinking positive thoughts!

Susan - let me know when you've made your Vegas reservations, and I'll make mine again. I'm willing to brave the heat if you girls are actually going! Again, so sorry for the mixup.

I feel absolutely exhausted! I didn't sleep well then had to get up early. Mary's car has an oil leak -more like an oil gush- so I offered to take Makenzie to preschool. I need a nap, lol.

Makenzie was here for supper, and it was fun to have 3 at the table again.

Ciao, ladies!
Old 02-22-2006, 02:00 AM   #26  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

We go home a week from today. Meet with our builder on the 2nd. I am getting butterflies at the thought of signing the contract. That is quite alot of money and our house isn't sold. Pretty scary.
Then there is the subject of that good old Indiana winter weather. Brrrrr!
I have just been getting things cleaned and put in order here to shut the place up for a few months. Since we are returning home so early we might come back in JUNE. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Depends on how the new construction is going.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:04 AM   #27  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I off,,, will talk with you soon...
hugs,
Old 02-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #28  
One day at a time

Unhappy

Happy Wednesday Ladies

I am in a mood and feeling down. Today is Josh's 24th BD and I hate that we can't celebrate it. Well, we can, just not with him but that wouldn't feel right. It only makes me think more about not being able to see him for possibly two years! If for some reason I don't get to see him before he heads to Iraq, it will be that long and that's killing me. Anyway...

ANGIE...lots of good wishes, thoughts and hugs to you today!

SUE...hopefully the butterflies go away. But I know how scary it can be buying and selling a house!

JANE...I do. If I could take what I like from the first three I wouldn't be looking at any more! One of those three are still at the top of our list but we are going to look at 3 of the new 6 tomorrow evening. So we'll see what happens.

Hi to everyone else

Well, today is Wally World Wednesday! Yippee! NOT! For some reason I went early and there were too many people there. What's up with that? Usually, hardly anyone is there at that time of morning. Still managed to get in and out pretty fast though. Lately, I do Wal-mart like I am running a marathon, LOL! Just want to get in and out as fast as I can. Anyway, catching up on laundry today and doing some cleaning to make sure the house is presentably for pictures. He's (our realtor) isn't coming today afterall. He is in a bowling league and couldn't get anyone to cover for him, which is fine. So he's coming by after work to put the sign up and will be here tomorrow to take some pics. I am excited but a little sad. I seemed to have gotten attached to our house. Oh well, I'll just get attached to the next one, and hopefully we'll be there longer than two years.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:53 PM   #29  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies!

Sue - I know just what you mean! I keep thinking this was money we wouldn't have had to spend at all if we'd stayed in the house Mary and her family are in, but then again, they'd be gone. No way would they have spent another winter in this old place. And I love having them so close! Before long, the grankids will be able to come and go w/o supervision.

Angie - my thoughts have been with you all day, and I'll be so glad when you are home and can post again.

Cristi - to you, too! I bet this is the first time since he's been born that you haven't spent Josh's birthday with him, right? That has to be so hard! Which is why I'm headed to WDW next Thursday to be with Katie. It's 8 days away. Anyway, hopefully you'll get to see him before he goes to Iraq. Wouldn't they allow some leave time before? All the JLs can send an email to the prez and say we want Josh to get some time off, lol.

I've been trying to do laundry and get the house cleaned up. I watched Mary's kids this morning, and that kept me busy, lol.

Phone... gotta go!
Old 02-22-2006, 06:30 PM   #30  

Height: 5'1"

Afternoon Ladies!

Hope all is well. I'm all stuffed up but feeling better than I have been. As the night goes on, that's when I start feeling icky.

Cristi--Awww....hugs to you! Missing your son must be hard. Having Jhanai living w/her dad makes me sad a lot too....always offer her to move in w/me but she loves where she's at. I suppose I should be happy since that means her dad is doing a great job. His life revolves around her so I should be grateful that she's happy. But I still miss her lots. Really looking forward to our weekend this weekend.

Mindee--Sorry to hear about Tommy's job. Hope he find that perfect one soon.

Katy--Knitting Olympics? Ok...I thought I was keeping up but I must have missed something. What are you knitting. Jhanai knitted me a scarf for my birthday using her knitting ring. Love it! So warm and got it just in time too! Been using it everyday. Too bad it doesn't really match anything I own, but I love it just the same.

Angie--I absolutely love your blanket your making and what you plan on doing w/it once you've got it made!
Hugs to you!! Will be thinking of you. What a great idea! Take lots of time to heal and come back to let us know how you're doing when you're done.

Jane--I hope you're getting some rest. I hate being exhausted and it seems lately thats how I'm always feeling! What a great grandma you are to have the little ones over so much! I wish Jhanai had grandparents that wanted to spend that kind of time with. My grandma did that w/me and also w/Jhanai. We miss her so much.

Katie--Mmmm...daiquari sounds good! (I know I must have spelt that wrong!) I too want to know what perquacky is! Sounds entertaining. I'm sure your arm will feel much better soon. It's only been a couple weeks and it does take time to heal! So make sure you're taking it easy! Typing that long post must have been difficult!! Sending you hugs!

Sue--Someday I'll be in your shoes when it comes to buying a house. Really haven't talked much about buying anymore. Really want to get ahead in finances....kind of hard it seems. I don't know how my sister does it.....she having a house built, has a huge truck payment....lots of credit cards...only her hubby is working and they're always taking off on vacations!! That would be enough to stress the *bleep* out of me!

Nancy--Sounds like you're doing great w/the positive thinking. I too need to do that. I've been drinking so much water lately and that's a start for me. And I walk the long halls at work every day taking the stairs at all times. Little steps but thats what it going to take.

Hello to anyone I may have missed!

Boy....I need to get myself together and get ready for work. Trying to catch up a little took some time!

Hugs to everyone.
Closed Thread