Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 08:40 AM   #31  
RosieKate

Default Good Morning!

I weighed at 179 - down 1 pound so far for February...gonna keep hammering away at this plateau....

Angie - I've practiced yoga off and on over the years, and recently started it up again on Sunday afternoons. I would say that it does have some strength elements to it..and yoga abdominals are the best ones around. I don't know that I would rely on it solely for weight resistance, but rather a nice addition to a routine. Yoga is a great mind-body-spirit workout, but I need more cardio and weights.

Marti - I started using Turbotax last year when I had a pension rollover and a Roth conversion( lotsa eye-rolling) I highly recommend it.

Sue - great news on the house - and the walking

Kathy - the new car sounds cute. No day care scandals here...maybe when I read the paper this morning...who knows. Round here yesterday it was all Superbowl stuff. Maybe it was one of the other Ks - there are so many of us

BBL - time to go to the gym!
Katy

Old 02-06-2006, 09:06 AM   #32  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Hi all! I've been realy busy this past week . . .we're moving so I've been packing like a mad woman!
Check out my ticker! I'm down to 171! I've lost a total of 20lbs now! YAY!
I added another cheerleader! Wooohoooo!
Was anybody else totally disapointed with the super bowl comercials? That's my favorite part! I don't like football, but I always watch the commercials. My favorite was the horses playing football and the naked sheep doing the little dance. That was funny!
Hoping to get the gym today, the weather has been nasty, so driving was not favored the past few days.
I'm off to clean! Allen's got a playgroup coming over today . . . 6 babies coming over to play!
Old 02-06-2006, 12:04 PM   #33  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Morning ladies...

Tried getting on here yesterday and got as far as signing in...same old issues, server is busy, blah, blah. Then the pages wouldn't come up so gave up. Couldn't even sign out. Still a little goofy this morning, and the bold, color, smilies, and such is not working. Have some of the smilies memorized but don't feel like typing in the [B] for bold and the [COLOR] stuff. Anyway...have lots of cleaning to do. Realtor is coming over to do an evaluation of the house, so the house has to be clean! Josh is off to Honolulu today. But I did get to talk to him all weekend and this morning, so, happy about that. He got his leave, but on Friday so would have been a lot of money and time for him to come home just for two days. Would have been more than $1000 to get home and back. They wouldn't fly him out of Wichita he would have had to go back to Columbus just to fly out of there back to Atlanta. The government is so dumb sometimes I swear. But, they would have flown him out of Los Angeles but he would have had to pay for the ticket to LA. So he stayed in a hotel and him and a buddy had a good weekend. His buddy had to be back on base this morning at 6 so went back last night, but will be headed to HI not long after he gets there. Anyway, he's flying out of Columbus to Atlanta and supposedly straight to Honolulu from there- a 9 hour flight!

MARTI...hope the headaches are gone!

KATY...WTG on the loss!

SUE...bet you guys are excited about getting the house started early!

JANE...like Marti, I too thought Mick Jagger has always looked old, even when he was young! Did you and Neal like Wedding Crashers? DD and I saw it at the show and thought it was funny.

ANGIE...never have done yoga. Ditto about Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler-soooo skinnnny and quite ugly I might add! I saw Mick Jagger on some talk show and they asked him if singing at the superbowl had always been a dream, he said, umm, no! LOL

KATHY...thanks! I didn't get the job though, unless of course she decides to call this week. But that's okay. I always look at it as it wasn't meant to be and another will come around, hopefully! CONGRAT'S on the car! Wow, 50 mpg is GREAT!

NANCY...great on passing up the chex mix! For some reason I didn't think it was so bad.

MEL...you sound excited about moving. I look forward to moving, but not the actual moving part! That in itself is a work out!

SUSAN...WTG on your loss also! Pizza sounded so good yesterday. I keep seeing that commercial for Pizza Hut's popper pizza, whatever it was. It looked sooo good!

Hi to everyone else!

I didn't watch the superbowl. Not a fan of either team. Actually, not much of a fan of football anymore. But will catch a game once in a while when my favorite teams are playing, the Broncos, Rams, Raiders & 49'ers. Other than that don't watch much. Steelers are okay but not a fav. I actually did nothing all day. Should have done some cleaning yesterday but Sunday is my lazy day, and well, I was lazy. Had breakfast in bed and read the newspaper and watched t.v. I bought the WATP book again and am starting that today, which is a good thing because I was a big piggy this week and gained 3 pounds or so the scales say. Not sure how I could even though I hate the wrong foods this past week-three pounds is a lot. However, I did exercise most of the week and got my water and vitamins down so that has to count for something. But time to get down to business and get back on track-no more gains. Well, I've got some cleaning to do. Of course it shouldn't take a couple of hours. And lots of laundry, not sure how it piled up so because I just did it Saturday. Anyway, I am off...take care and have a good one ladies. Crossing my fingers this post goes through, but copying it just in case.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-06-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #34  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Too many posts to try and catch up, but a big hello to you all. Neal and I are getting ready to head to town, then I've got a friend coming over this evening while Neal bowls, so I'll be busy.

Yep, the Stones were never your fresh, Joe College group, lol, but dang, they were good! And still are, considering their ages. I liked the rebel factor in them. Betcha anything Mick can't even move today without a 1/2 tube of Ben Gay, lol.

Toodles!
Old 02-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #35  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies--

Another beautiful day in Oregon. Suppose to have sunshine the rest of the week.........we shall see! I may have to talk my hubby into mowing our lawn tomorrow if it is nice. Looking pretty shabby back there!

Angie--I've done yoga, and pilates. Like them both. In fact, I found some of our yoga books and my pilates tapes while cleaning the other day. You should at least try it, and see if you like it. Low impact and easy on the body.

Kathy--I've had headaches before the move. It's more like what Angie suggested,with TOM being here, I always get them. Really bad. That or I have a really bad tooth acting up. Who knows. I hope you got your DH hair cut! Didn't laugh too much while cutting did you?? (My sister always does when she does my hair...always worries me)

Sue--How exciting about the house. What are your plans for it?? And you're still doing great on your walking!!

Katy--The last few month of working at Sony we worked on Turbo tax. I was so tired of looking at the name that it drove me nuts and I didn't want to even think of doing my taxes! But then in April Sony closed. What I wouldn't give to be griping about packaging them up again!!

Mel--I hope you have the 6 mothers that belong to the 6 babies coming over too! My goodness! Hurray on the 20lbs loss so far!! You're going to reach your goal soon I'm sure of it!

Cristi--I didn't watch the game either. In fact, I did a lot of nothing once I got back home from town! Every once in awhile I would paint on my project I have wheeling around in my head. But that's it. Laid on the couch w/my dogs and watched Little House on the Prairie.

Jane--Hope you have a great time w/your friend. Come back when you have more time.

Ok...time for me to take a shower. And then spoil the dogs. Our boy is going to the vet on Thursday to get his teeth cleaned (some need to be pulled) and to get fixed! The poor boy will be aching from head to toe!! Poor baby...he needs extra attention for all that.

Talk to you all later!
Old 02-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #36  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

I meant Mick IS cute. I wasn't meaning his prune face and good body were a turn off or anything. Actually in thinking about it I commend him for not having face surgery and looking his age. I saw Kenny Rodgers and he totally looks odd, maybe dentures??? Dunno

So, I gained an easy 5.5 pounds. Amazing huh?? lol woo hoo. I don't think I had 5 beers though , I think it was 4.

I better get.I had an extremely stressful AM with Rach. Just ready to go back to being an ASM - don't know if this is worth it. I am not even getting ahead - you would think but not if I have to shell out of rent & utilities. Almost the same.

blah - blah

catch you all later...
Old 02-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #37  
Nancy

I seem to have lost my signature and weight-loss tracker...anyone have an idea where they went?? My User CP says my signature is turned on...oh wait, now it's back...oh well...

Happy Monday!!
Old 02-06-2006, 11:42 PM   #38  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Mick Jagger? EEW! He's not cute! (ok, that's my opinion)
Marti- lol . . . yes the moms came too! Can you imagine trying to keep an eye on 6 bsbies? Yikes!
On the whole moving excitement: We live in Green bay's #2 worst neighborhood. (which I didn't know when we moved here) There are shootings, stabbings, fights, drug busts .. . . It's really scarey! So we found a place in the neighborhood that I grew up in, which is SOOOOO much better! And this place that we live in now is seriously a pile! It took us 2 months after we moved in to clean the house b/c it was coated in mold, dirt, kitty litter, and the whole back yard was filled with doggy poo! Our landlord is a total dufus, so anytime we needed to fix anything we paid for it and then just sent him the reciept and deducted it from our rent. Like the bathroom floor that was totally rotted and sinking in . . .
Old 02-07-2006, 12:15 AM   #39  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening Ladies,
Mel, eww that had to be unsafe,,,unhealthy,,,mold is really bad. When Brandon was born we were living in the old house but our landlords were fantastic. They were like grandma and grandpa,,,spoiled Brandon big time. Really wished we could of just bought the house from them but...we didn't have the money.

Nancy,,,it happens...it will come back,,awhile ago you should of seen Susan,,wow it was hilarous how she was in an uproar over her siggy.

Well went and saw Brokeback Mountain...it was good. And now here is my plug. The scenery is actually where we live,,,That is Calgary area.... So is Legends of the Fall. And a few other westerns. Legend of Jesse James is also shot around here. Very proud of how beautiful it is here.
Well had two job interviews today,,,one at my work and was turned down. Which I kinda knew since I know nothing about HR. She was good though,,,she asked if she could help me achieve my goal. Well ya get me a friggen full time job with great benefits! Added up our dental and its going to be about 10 grand...*gulp. Seriously I don't want to pay out of pocket.
So then right after work I took off to the other interview...*whimper I want that job! I wouldn't be just a receptionist,,,I would also be customer relations. In other words a lil bit of everything... The pay is outstanding,,,and the benefits are beyond anything. They have a bridge, (cafeteria) AND they have a state of the art gym...$10 a month,,,*bursting so Ladies please cross everything you can for me.
They said they have about a dozen more interviewees...hmmm then the one interviewer is out of town for a week...I will find out end of next week perhaps...
well off to bed I go...
Old 02-07-2006, 01:42 AM   #40  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Angie, good luck...hope you get the job.
Mel, Hope the move goes as you have planned. Sure sounds like a good move for you.
Cristi, So, you are looking at a new house? Planning to sell and move? I am not looking forward to moving, but sure want a new house. So, short of getting someone to move for me...I guess I will have to bite the bullet.
Marti, Hope your little guy comes throguh his ordeal okay. Poor baby!
Susan, If I had 4 beers I would be on the floor. I am SO not a drinker at all. Like you I didn't care about the football game.
Katy, Congrats on the 1 pound. I haven't weighed for awhile, but hope I am doing better this month.

We were pretty much stuck at home today due to our van getting worked on. I made use of the day by doing all the laundry AND ironing. Didn't have a lot of food in the house, but managed to make a meal this evening.

Yes, I am pretty excited about the house. Sounds like things are going to really get on a roll when we get home. I sure hope the weather cooperates with the builders plans. I am so ready for my DH to have a really nice big workshop to do his furniture making in. He is planning to make the bathroom vanities for the house and would make the kitchen cabinets but time won't permit. I just have to decide what I want......
Hope to get up early and walk tomorrow.

Sue
Old 02-07-2006, 04:35 AM   #41  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

we have been so busy! we went and saw Tommy's dad this past weekend. He is home now, so is my GMIL. Brandon slept for crap while we were down there. I totally went back to my old eating habits and screwed up what I have worked on for almost a month now. But I am back in the swing of things and getting back to where I need to be.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:35 PM   #42  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi Everyone:

I'm new to the group (but not the website...you may have seen me around Depression and Red Balloon Challenge). My bio's up for viewing. Thanks Jane for the warm welcome.....

I guess you are all talking about the superbowl 1/2time show? OH MY, they certainly cleaned up the lyrics to "Start me Up"...I was chuckling....and don't you think that Mick looks much less wrinkled? I think he's had some work...by a very good plastics guy too, it looked like more than Botox...he used to look much older, JMHO.

Kenny Rogers looks very strange with his new face....

many of the old superstars seem to be selling themselves or the rights to their music lately...

Is there any particular format or topic you guys follow?
Old 02-07-2006, 12:35 PM   #43  
One day at a time

Smile

Hello ladies...

SUE...yes, we have decided after all to sell and buy a new house. We've been looking and have it down to two right now. Going to go look at them again and see if we can make a decision. We've got a few things to do to the house before we actually list it, you know, stage the house (I definitely watch too much HGTV!) so it will be a week before our realtor comes back and takes pictures and puts it online. The reason we decided to was because we are afraid of what will be built behind us. Our house backs up to a few acres, commercial property and all down the street they have started building. There was talk of a 3 story apartment building, which was turned down. They were told they could build a 2 story apartment building but on the upper price level. And then a YMCA...not something I want in my backyard. Of course it could be years before they actually do anything because the city is picky about what they want in this town, which is good.

MARTI...hey, I too am headed to the vet Thursday, for Ernie's shots and check-up. Your poor doggie, I feel for him. So, what project are you working on that needed painted? Can't recall if you mentioned it and I missed it.

MEL...I agree...Mick Jagger....EEEEEWWWWW! But then I have never been a fan. Some of their songs are okay but never could stand to look at him. Glad you guys found some place in a safer neighborhood.

ANGIE...okay, so I have EVERYTHING crossed for you in the hopes you get the job! And believe me, it looks funny! LOL Job hunting totally sucks! For me anyway....I get all excited when I get an interview and then don't get hired.

SUSAN...I too would be drunk after one beer! The kids laugh at me when I have one drink because I get tipsy. I'm not a drinker at all but do have one once in a while. Not beer, but maybe a glass of wine, champagne or a margarita. Geez, on New Years Eve I had one wine cooler and that was enough for me. Still have two left in the fridge, (V had one also).

MINDEE...glad to hear FIL and GMIL are home and hope feeling better. Seems like a few of us went overboard with the eating over the weekend. That's okay because today is a new day!

NANCY...I haven't noticed the siggy being gone. But I have been having the same old problems as before when they changed new servers before. Actually, it's worse this time, nothing seems to be working properly and I keep getting the server is busy stuff. I'm thinking though they are still working out the kinks, and it will be better in a few days.

JANE...hope you and Neal have a nice day and you have a nice time later on with your friend. Have you heard from Katie lately? Hope she is doing fine. Hey, March will be here before ya know it. Isn't that when you guys are headed back down there?

Hi to everyone else, Kathy, Katy, MaryKate, Connie, Jules, and anyone I may have missed.

Well, ladies I have a busy week ahead. With trying to get the house listed in a week I have TONS to do! We are getting a storage unit and decluttering the house to make it look...um basically empty, sort of. To me a house looks impersonal without pictures and personal stuff. I don't look at houses to see what people have but rather if my stuff will fit in it and what I can do with it. But I guess some people don't see it that way. So I have closets to clean, we are cleaning the garage, so they can see that without the clutter, you can actually fit two cars in the garage, lol. Then I have to find someone to clean the carpets and we are good to go. Our realtor thinks we won't have a problem selling, and fast. Of course this area is a good area and the houses around here don't seem to stay on the market long at all. So we will see what happens. I will try and pop in though in between...I will need a break ya know. Anyway, take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 02-07-2006, 12:43 PM   #44  
One day at a time

Smile

Hi and a big WELCOME Marbleflys! Glad to have ya aboard and look forward to getting to know you. As far as following a format or topic goes...we just talk about anything and everything! From our every day lives to our weight loss journey, exercising, etc. So feel free to jump right on in! Again, WELCOME!
Old 02-07-2006, 12:58 PM   #45  
prepare for the BEST time

thanks Christi....my mouth runneth over...after I finish grading some exams....
Closed Thread