Old 02-21-2006, 08:54 AM   #121  
fatter than U

How come the new trackers only work on one post? Huh? Huh?
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:23 AM   #122  

The rules changed ... as it appears to take alot of resources to continually load folks tickers....So now the signature/ticker will appear on your first post of each page... and I believe determining that is based on how you set your page display... I have mine set up to the max of 40 posts per page...

heres the start of a thread on it..

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...68&postcount=1
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:44 AM   #123  
loves kleenex box art

I have astounding, unbelievable information to share. At the store where I work guess what group of people is most disliked. Guess. I have heard managers, cashiers and bagboys complain about these people because they are SO RUDE>... Well, it's Canadians. Mostly, it's Ontario ones. Snowbirds are about to go home and everyone is so glad. Next comes the scantily clad, drunken spring-breakers and everyone prefers them.

As one 16-year-old employee said, "What's up with that? Canadians are supposed to be so nice."

I have to write 3 papers by Saturday. One is my autobiography and I have 2/3 page written and can't think of anything else to say.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:33 PM   #124  

I feel a north-south war coming on.

This is how my morning has gone - a customer called to tell me they had a huge-o check ready for me yesterday. I told her to drop it in the mail because their office is an hour drive away. DH told me this morning that he spoke to the owner of the company and told him I would be there first thing this am to pick up the check. I told DH I'd better check before I drove all the way out there - he said "no, I talked to him after you talked to Andrea in the office." So I got up early and drove aaaaalllll the way to their office in rush hour traffic and guess what? The check had been mailed yesterday. Aaaaarrrgh. The good news is that I stopped a a Krispy Kreme drive up window and bought a donut on my way back. It's my first Krispy Kreme ever, and now I can stop wondering what the fuss is about. They're donuts people, and way too sweet donuts at that.

No wonder you could only write 2/3 of your autobiography, Peach, you've only lived 2/3's of your life.

I no longer pay any attention to my tracker. I think my new goal is to get back to the starting weight on it. Probably won't happen if I continue on my Krispy Kreme path.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:16 PM   #125  
loves kleenex box art

I don't much like donuts. I like the shape though.

The "image has expired" thing is sort of interesting. It's like 3FC hasn't moved into the modern technological world (which we know they have) and their software doesn't match the modern stuff. If that made no sense, it's ok with me.

I have stuff to do and I am not doing it. I need to get an oil change, rotate tires and really really really get some good shoes. I looked online but what can you tell online. I don't want to go an hour away like Wabby only to find out the shoes have been mailed.

I have this problem socializing in class or something. Last class I had to do a group project with two other women who met without me, wouldn't return my emails and seemed to really bond with each other. They're not in my class this time but we had to break into pairs and do this thing and everyone paired up except me and this nice woman across the room. I don't like this. What can I do to appear really cute and fun and not tired with hurting feet?
Old 02-21-2006, 03:23 PM   #126  
loves kleenex box art

Wabby and I don't like it when other cows don't post.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:42 PM   #127  

Birkenstock sandals with bettysox would be a real conversation starter...and save yer feet whilst looking so stylish.

Wabby: mancow needs a swift boot in the arse...i bet he was sheepish upon yer return. THIS Calls for Comp Time... you take 2 hours and go to the spa...or baby clothes shopping fer babybonnybunny.

There, I done my duty. I posted.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:48 PM   #128  

P.S. I like Dunkin Donuts french crullers....and ya cant beat a krispy kreme raspberry jelly donut.... I use to love them...
Old 02-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #129  

You know, Schatzi, I used to think I loved donuts too, but I don't anymore because they don't love me. They make me fat and sluggish. Even tho I gave myself a talk this morning about eating healthy food, I've eaten a donut and 2 cookies so far today. This is insanity. I don't even like all these sweets. Why do I eat them? I think I may be carb addicted. I'm going to go learn about the South Beach Diet.

DH said he was sorry to send me on a wild goose chase. I really didn't mind all that much. It got me out of the office for a bit, and I met Andrea at our clients office, that I talk to all the time, but had never met.

My absolutely perfect house has come up for sale and we can't do anything about it because our house sale won't be completed until next summer. I'm talking 2007. I shouldn't even look at what's for sale because it's going to drive me crazy. more crazy. crazier. nutz.

I like the Birkenstocks w/ Peachezsox idea. Your feet will feel better and you'll be the center of attention in class. Your class reminds me of 5th grade PE class. I never got picked for the Dodgeball team first. I was too small, shy and not aggressive enough. I'm no longer small, only sometimes shy, and still not all that aggressive.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #130  
fatter than U

Red face

I'll eat one of those big glazed donuts (well, I would if I could get one but they don't have them here you'd think I'd be thinner wouldn't you) once in a while, but they're not all that great.

Birkenstocks kill my feet. I love them but they cause me pain.

I am speechless at the news of the rude Canadians.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:02 PM   #131  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

let's put this in perspective----OLD people are crochety and baggy---no matter WHERE they are from ---and one more thing------if you live in the maritimes you would agree that people from ONTARIO think they are hot HUDDA!!!! so i tell you,you must be from the MARITIMES to be nice---or VANCOUVER!!! that's all folks
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:23 PM   #132  
loves kleenex box art

I will pass on the hot HUDDA explanation,

Tomorrow I am driving out-of-state to a giant outlet mall to get shoes to save my feet. I hope. They really really hurt and I can not bear it. I have researched the best shoes and must go fetch them.

A lot of our customers are OLD and sweet. A lot of our customers ... get this ... pull hundred dollar bills out of their wallets. I don't mean occasionally. I mean LOTS OF THEM DO. I figure that if you yelled, "Is there a doctor in the store," you would be mobbed. They'd be retired but could still help you. They could give you a hundred dollar bill.

You know that goth girl on CSI or whatever .. didn't she look better in those pigtails last season? I mean you can't really LOOK 35 and LOOK good with your think dyed hair in a style developed for 3-year-olds.

I see Ds just purchased a CD entitled Bedside Toxicology.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:23 AM   #133  

I love the goth girl on NCIS...love that show and Denozzo...
I think Kiwi got the lampshade stuck on her head... must be the only reason no posting from our mainecow. Either that or she like me are making plans to leave the country until that BOOOOOOB is outta office... What is with that MAN??? Arabs watching our ports???? Isnt that like the fox watchin the hen house?????

What the hoodledooo is a HUDDA?

Peachie good luck on yer shoe hunt... maybe try those Jellin inserts too? Also, just like exercise, you'll build up yer feetsie muscles the longer you are at standing all day..
Old 02-22-2006, 12:27 PM   #134  

Poor Peach. I feel your pain. Well, I don't really, but I know of what you speak because my feet hurt me too. youch.

I actually got up this morning and did a 2 mile walk w/ Leslie. I feel so much better when I exercise. Why do I think I don't want to? I think I may be turning over a new leaf. Maybe.

I believe Huddahead is the name of the man in the white house right now.

I don't watch CSI. Should I? I prefer Dr. G, Medical Examiner. I think real life is more interesting. I loved the show she did about the crazy ways men get in accidents that result in their deaths. Apparently they do reckless things that endanger their lives. Who woulda guessed?
Old 02-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #135  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
It's my first Krispy Kreme ever, and now I can stop wondering what the fuss is about. They're donuts people, and way too sweet donuts at that.
Did you get the plain glazed variety? I'm not a big donut fan, but KK Glazed make my mouth water. When they're cold, the outside has that slight crunch and the inside just melts in your mouth. And when they're freshly made and warm, mmm whimper....

What a pain about your pointless trek. Men are so helpful. I did something like that yesterday. DD was supposed to have play rehearsal and 2 hours later DH and I were taking the pep band to the big city to play at the b-ball tournament. She was also supposed to use the school copier to photocopy 2 scholarship packets so I could send them out. We get to school and a few kids are waiting, no play director. Turns out they knew the director wasn't going to be there but they thought the chorus teacher would be there. I knew the chorus teacher wouldn't be there because that's why we were going on the bus with the kids (long story--yeah, even longer than this), but the 2 facts never got together until we sat in front of the school wondering. So no play rehearsal. And no copier because a teacher had to unlock it for her. So we went to the P.O. thinking they had one. Nope. So we went home, having done nothing except waste an hour. And then I had to rush around and get ready for the bus trip.

Which was actually a lot of fun. We had a full busload of kids and instruments. And DH and I were in charge of them. It was a quarterfinal game for the girls' basketball team, which unfortunately they lost (although at least the pep band won't have to repeat this trip later in the week), and we decided after much hemming and hawing to let the kids go to the mall for dinner. Oddly the mall was practically deserted. In fact of the few people who were there, several were kids from the high school that had been at the game, and one was an in-law of ours (remember, we're 75 miles away from home here). So the kids had a good time and the only casualty was one little shi*head who got his ears pierced while we were at the mall. DH wanted to call up his parents and explain that we didn't know anything about it beforehand, but hey, the kid's 18 and I don't feel responsible for the dumb things they do (not that I care if a guy gets his ears pierced anyway, but on a school trip? Dumb!) So overall it was a good day and we didn't lose anybody.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote