Old 02-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #151  
Member w/ messiest house

By the way, does everyone like my penguin wandering through the tulips on my tracker?
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 06:09 PM   #152  

I can't see your penguin. Why?

I'm off for the weekend. See youz cowsies on Monday. You may talk amongst yourselves.

I should have some week old pictures of DGD by Monday, because she was one week old yesterday!!!!
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:34 AM   #153  

Wabby: have a moooooVALAS weekend !!! Bring us Pics of Kaden!!!!!!

Kiwi: You are a SCREAM I moved here in mid August...and it was BRUTAL, but the folks told me it was "unusually hot" ...hmmpf...Loverly, heat and humidity bring out the worst in me

PenGaWins tiptoeing through the Tulips...Surrealism at its best dahlink!

Sug: Feel bettah soon... will be visiting yer blog..so post pics of the various cakes and pinatas!!

I'm feeling very fat today
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 01:31 PM   #154  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
I can't see your penguin. Why?
The sigs only show up on your first post on a page. For now anyway--they're supposed to be changing that this weekend. Yours is still expired, by the way.

A friend just dropped by and invited us up to their house on another lake for skiing or snowshoeing and sitting by the fire. Neither DH or I really want to go, isn't that pitiful of us? He's really burnt out by both dealing with his family stuff/estate issues and trying to get this business deal moving, which it's not, and I'm just depressed. DD went ice fishing with the bf and his father. I never thought I'd say the words "DD went ice fishing" in my life. I love it.

My beautiful doggie stinks. She laid in something smelly and I can't get her clean to save my life. It's on her head and I've washed it with dog shampoo, body wash, face wash, vinegar. I'm not sure what else I can try. A bath won't do much good because it's around her ears and eyes, but ICK!

I need motivation, gumption, energy, zeal, incentive. Anti-depressants.

Kiwi
Old 02-25-2006, 04:54 PM   #155  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

I HAVE BEEN AWOL-----poor dd21 has been here the last few days---she had FOUR curly rooted wisdom teeth UProoted and she is VERY under the weather!!!--fortunately i was able to get her over here to look after her--she is all cozy and set up with videos and ice packs and tylenol 3 with codein {probably spelled incorrectly!!}----this had been "spring break" for the university chicks as well so it has been a busy week with lots of coming and going----we have to go to a party tonight and i definitely do NOT feel like it---BUT it is at the home of a friend i adore so i can't beg off--she would kill me---i also have the plague and a headache----------is there anything more ???? OH---WABBY YOUR DAFFY DOWN DILLYS ARE OPENING UP---THAT IS SO DEPRESSING FOR ME AND SO LOVELY FOR YOU-----------BLHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABLAHHHHHH HUDDA HUDDA HUDDA
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #156  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, that sounds painful for DD21. Hope she is feeling better today.

I went snowshoeing yesterday. Such as it was. Only a few inches of snow in the woods, and still ice underneath it, but fortunately my snowshoes have teeth -- I didn't slip at all, even downhill. While poor Jet took a number of tumbles. But she's young, she doesn't care. She had a great time, must have run at least 4x as far as I walked, with all her running ahead and back over and over.

DD had a good time ice fishing. They caught one small fish they had to throw back and one large togue (a type of trout). Not that they ate it for dinner or anything -- they came back here and had pizza with us. Then they went over to someone else's house and eventually came back here again because they were doing a student film project about a serial killer teenager and they wanted to "kill DD in her sleep". It was very funny, they wanted the house completely dark and quiet so they could film the lead guy driving down the driveway and sneaking into the house. Then they filmed him going upstairs and "clubbing" DD in her bed. Charming, eh...

And then the whole crew left again to go back to someone else's house, and later DD's bf brought her home. Good thing gas is cheap, huh? Oh wait....

Later gators. Hope you're having a lervely weekend.

Kiwi
Old 02-27-2006, 04:42 AM   #157  
fatter than U

Attention, darlings. Get out your maple syrup because tomorrow is Pancake Tuesday!!
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:47 AM   #158  

Sug Where?When?

Kiwi: sounds like an exciting weekend.
did you get the smell outta Jet?
Is the video finished? Kiwiette certainly has a full and fun life!

Bagzz: fer DD21.. oh lawd, she musta had a rough weekend.. curly rooted wisdom teefers are a b*tch! How was yer party?

Wabby and Peachers: report in !

I had a pretty crappy weekend.. between ear aches and now I think I have a cold coming on... my eyes are all weepy, I'm sniffley, my stomach is in knots and my hiney is hot and sore... I know, I know TMI.. I really should clean this crack house, but I think I'll go lay down instead. later my darlin cows
Old 02-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #159  
fatter than U

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
Sug Where?When?

HERE! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrove_Tuesday

Get well soon, Schatz! Hope it's not the bird flu. (which is nothing to joke about since it's all over the place here - arghhhhhhhh!)
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:10 PM   #160  

Any day is a good day for pancakes!

Poor Schatz. You don't need to clean if you're sick. Actually in my book cleaning is optional anyway.

My baby came over for dinner yesterday. Actually she brought her own dinner w/ her (DDIL), and she was the perfect houseguest. Her mommy and daddy say that she does cry, but I've only heard a squeak or two out of her. She just keeps getting more and more beautiful.

Saturday I went w/ my sis and a friend out to my other friend's "home accent and garden" shop, and then out to lunch at a cute little tea house. My sis is having surgery on her eye today to straighten out the muscles. It should be the last surgery she'll need. It's been a long road for her. Anyway, that was my weekend. Plus a little shopping on Sunday am, and Mexican dinner and margies w/ DH on Friday.

Stinky dogs just take time to become sweet smellin'. In the mean time, ya just gotta live w/ it. Light lots of candles. Hope you get outta the dumps, Kiwi. It's the pits when the depression cloud decides to hang over you.

Bagzie, curly wisdom teeth ----- yeow! Poor girl. Sorry to brag about my daffs. These are just the little ones that bloom early - tete-te-tete I think they're called. I think they're my favorites.

I did not exercise this morning. All I felt like doing this morning was sleeping. Thank goodness the latest Masterpiece Theatre was over last night. It's on too late. Bagz made me watch it. I thought it was annoyingly confusing, and I'm not sure why the lead character needed to get small pox, but I watched the whole diddley dang thing anyway.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:50 PM   #161  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

I watched most of BLEAK HOUSE too wabby and wasn't it aptly named!!! i felt so bad when she found her mother dead in the rain---poor soul----and poor grampie,missing his trampy wife,and that hideous troll with the yellow teeth on the makeshift wheelchair!!! sorry you had to stay up for THAT!!!---dd21 is feeling much better thank you girls----my email system is all effed up---it sends out everything i reply to a hundred times while it tells me that it CAN'T send it out----it stays in the outbox and resends til i delete it=------i wanted to tell wabby how GORGEOUS her baby KayKay is and i hope it got through less than a thousand times----my goodness that child is stunning!!!! and contrary to grandmother's remarks----she looks adorable as well!!!!----i miss the olympics----it was so fun when the Newfie's won the gold medal for curling---they cancelled school in all of Newfoundland in the afternoon so the kids could go home to watch the gold medal game---now that's home-province support!!!---------dd21 has a new cat---we let her stay here with us while dd was recovering---trouble is--she was "strange and shy" here and she is hiding under the floor {there is a hole under the bathtub and there is a sub-ceiling with about a foot's clearance} SHE WILL NOT COME OUT!!!!! HER NAME IS MABEL AND WE GOT HER FROM THE VET --SHE WAS A STRAY AND SHE IS ALL FIXED UP AND VERY SWEET AND TIMID}---------SHE SNEAKED OUT LAST NIGHT TO USE THE LITTER BOX AND I TRIED TO CATCH HER BUT SHE SCURRIED AWAY AND UNDER THE TUB----------HELP ME AND MABELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:23 PM   #162  

GOOOOD LAWD!!!!! Was Vincent Price in this mini series? Dang it sounds so bad Jane Eyre and all...................

Poor bagalina, yes, I got a bout a kajillion emails from you .. kinda figured yer email went Kaflooey (that's a technical term)....

meow meow mmmeee owie purr purrr Come out lettle Mabel you Cwazy cat! (That should do it bagina! Give her some milk and tuna )

Kiwi is missing again, she is maybe got leg cramps from her snow shoeing...Speaking of shoes, I wonder how Peachies Feetsies are?

and finally YES Baby KayK is just a little stunner already! and GrammyWabby is just GOHJIS!!!!!!!

Sug I swear writes the Wikapedia!!! I never heard of Pancake Tuesday-sheesh and I was raised a RC?? What a wonderful tradition! I think I will opt fer the Pennsy Dutch Funnel cakes!!!!!!!

Where the HUDDA dooo is Painty?? Is she still at the Knitters Olympics???

We need a new thread.... who's gonna start one?
Old 02-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #163  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
Thank goodness the latest Masterpiece Theatre was over last night. It's on too late. Bagz made me watch it. I thought it was annoyingly confusing, and I'm not sure why the lead character needed to get small pox, but I watched the whole diddley dang thing anyway.
I had the first episode of that recorded and started watching it a few times and couldn't bring myself to keep watching. Then when I had more episodes recording, and I needed room for Les Olympiques, I dumped them all. I'm glad to hear I made the right decision.

I didn't see much of the curling. Very cool of the Newfies to have the kids go home and watch their team win! Actually I'm still watching events from last week. But the curling wasn't on in prime time here, so I didn't record any of it. DD told me yesterday that she is working on a plan to surprise one of her friends for his birthday with a day at a curling club. Apparently he is obsessed with the idea of curling and has never had the opportunity to try it.

I've been through that with the timid cat, Bagz. My humane society cat was like that when I brought her home. She spent several days hiding behind a piece of furniture in the mudroom. I was able to lure her out now and then with soft food. Certainly if you can get her out of her hidey hole, be ready to stuff something in the opening! I had a cat go through the floor under the bathroom one time when I lived in an apartment. I don't even know how she got under there, but she broke through the ceiling in the apartment below! Silly kitties.

DD is pawing through old clothes for stuff to wear for Jesus Christ Superstar. Her costume is all set; she's one of 2 Mary Magdalenes so she's wearing a dress, but some of the other kids needed some period stuff. She's got a classic pair of light blue low-riding hip hugger jeans that I wore in the 70s I guess. Also a ripped daishiki she might get someone to mend. And some scary shiny stuff from the 80s. Oo la la.

It was 8 below zero (F) this morning when I drove DD to school. Sucky.

Kiwi
Old 02-28-2006, 09:59 AM   #164  
The magic shrinking cow

Hi! Everytime I sit down to post, something comes up! (Like my weight... heh.) Basement flood, dead car, shopping for new car, midterm, & etc. But I have this bookmarked for when Firefox opens, so at least I am keeping up!

The baby bunny is adorable! Her picture is going into my screensaver folder.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:39 PM   #165  

I started a new thread for March. Onward and upward. march.march.march. Single file, cows.