Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 09:16 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #164

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies!!

We'd love to have you join us while we talk about our weight loss efforts and our daily lives. So come on in and chat away!!
Old 01-28-2006, 10:50 AM   #2  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Feel icky but after some coffee I might walk on the treadmill. Basketball games, cleaning and resting are on the agenda this weekend. Just want payday to come on Tuesday!

Supervisor offered 6 weeks at another complex (family) as a filler. He thought I can get the full feel of a manager - since I feel so resentful of co worker control freak -lol

My only concern though is my relationship with the residents. Has been an uphill battle trying to warm up to them and them me. Reason being I had been so busy to start with and ASSistant was telling them I was a *itch.I get them now coming in the office saying -" gee you aren't at all like I heard" or "you are nice, I didn't think you would be, not after all I heard".....

So, I don't want to lose what I have gained. So, thinking I might offer 5 hours at the other complex and 3 at mine. That way I am out learning and being a "team player" and maintaining some contact with my residents.

Small bowls Cristi!! lol 3 ity bity bowls. Miss Kitty bowl ( it is Gaby's bowl, not mine- swear. It also comes with a spoon,fork , plate- I use them because it makes me eat small portions and feel like a 4 year old).......besides that kind of soup is lo cal ( I hope - ha)

k- eating eggs this morning and feeling better with 2 cups of coffee!

Hope you all have a good weekend

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-28-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:49 AM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Don't really have anything to say but thought I would say HI to Ms. Susan! HI! As long as they were small bowls of soup. Today would be a good day for soup but I think hamburgers are easier. I get so tired and bored of cooking. You are lucky Susan you have someone to cook for ya! I'm sure the residents will warm up soon enough. The ASSistant sure had a lot of nerve telling them that. When you are done with your cleaning, wanna come and do mine?

That's what I am getting ready to do...clean a little, do some laundry and this time some scrapbooking. I never did put it up because I had planned on doing some pages. Actually, my plan was to finish DD's scrapbook before putting the stuff away. Take a break and then start on the boys. DD is going to do some also. Then later on we are going to play games!

Have a good one ladies!
Old 01-28-2006, 01:03 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Hi Cristi!! No, I will not do your cleanng!! lol I will be lucky to vacuum and mop today.

Nancy - I was reading your bio - curious about your kitty. How do you know it has alzheimers? What are the signs? Again - welcome!

k- getting off my tuff - chat tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:16 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Cristi - what kind of games did you play? Board games? Sounds fun. I really like board games, but Neal doesn't.

Susan - once the word gets out that you're a nice person, maybe things will be better with the residents.

Had such a nice lunch out with Pat! She's such a sweetie, and we promised to not wait so long between visits. But she works Mon-Fri, and has a family, too, so time is short.

I've got chuch tomorrow, so I really need to get some shut-eye. See you later.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:59 AM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

I've been having a heck of a time getting internet access today!! Anyone else experiencing that?

Just wanted to check in and say that I have been trying!! Since it's so late and Jhanai is asleep on the couch, I think I'll go and put her to bed.

I will try and get on here again tomorrow.

G'Night
Old 01-29-2006, 09:23 AM   #7  
ugggg.....

Cristi--my daughter and I would have board game marathons which is one of the things I miss with her not living here. DS & DD play games at their apartment. DH never was interested iin board games!

Susan--I hope things get better for you soon at work. All I can say is document dates and times with what was said and done. Just keep proving that she is the witch and you are better than she is! Some people in the work world need a "target" to complain about to try and build themselves up and you seem to be hers.

Jane--it's always nice to get together for lunch with a friend.

Marti--hope you're internet access gets better so you can come chat more!

Nancy & Susan--DH & I keep saying that our older dog is gettting doggy alzheimers--she goes out the dog door but she won't come back in through it all of a sudden--she will sit in front of the door until we realize that she has been out for awile and open it to check for her!
Old 01-29-2006, 12:53 PM   #8  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Update on my FIL: Well, he is back in the hospital. My MIL took him back to the hospital on Saturday around 1:30pm. His lung has collapsed yet again. From what I gather, the doctor’s are going to inflate it again, and he will be in there for a little bit. Hopefully this time he won’t be in there for another 8 days like he was last time. My MIL wasn’t even going to call us until Sunday, since Saturday was Tommy’s birthday. She didn’t want to ruin his birthday, so she wasn’t going to call. Tommy ended up calling her to complain about the van (the heater core is going). He was just in the hospital earlier this month for a collapsed lung.

Onto other news, Logan is a big boy now! He rolled over from his tummy to his back, and then from his back to his tummy on Saturday night at my mom’s house. She watched them for about an hour so we could go to dinner together. She also asked me how much he was weighing, and I said “I don‘t know.” She had me put him on her baby scale, and he is 13lbs. 10oz according to her scale. So, I am bumping his bottles up to six ounces at each feeding, and then when he gets adjusted to the more food, then I will bump it up to 7 ounces.

Brandon did surprisingly well while he was at my mom’s house. When we got back, I didn’t get any reports of his crying the whole time we were gone. He was playing with my sister’s drum kit when we left. We had cake and ice cream with them while we were there for Tommy’s birthday. Since we have been home, he has already woken up once and was very clingy. A couple minutes again, he cried again, but I think fell back to sleep. I hope he is not getting another double ear infection again!

Cristi~ Thanks for the nice comments about his birthday. We actually did have a nice evening out. It was only about an hour, but hey, it was nice!

Katy~ Brandon’s nickname is Bubba already. He has been bubba since he was a little munchkin. I agree about the dish washer. It was a cute/nice idea, but since we are renting, I am not sure if we can have one here. But I know when we start house hunting, then we will look for a house with a dish washer in it!
Old 01-29-2006, 02:13 PM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Afternoon ladies...

SUSAN...You won't come and clean my house?! I did get it cleaned and then made a list of things for V to do to stay outta my way! I swear it seems everytime I clean they come in and mess.

JANE...played our favs...Scrabble, Monopoly, Aggravation, and Yahtzee. Really need to get some new ones but these will always be our favs, especially scrabble.

JULES...a few years ago and for quite a few years we always played games on Sunday. I remember one year while living in Joplin, the electric went out one winter and we had been playing most of the day. Since we had no electric we went into the night and played by candlelight-the kids loved it. Now it's mainly just me, DH and DD that play or just me & DD. Of course we have been playing games since my first marriage back in '79. When the kids came along it continued but mostly kid games then, candyland, chutes & ladders, cards, memory, checkers, trouble, sorry...sure there were more, just can't think of them.

MINDEE...I hope FIL gets to feeling better soon. Wonder if there's anything else they can do so that it doesn't keep happening. Glad you and Tommy had a nice date! Seems a lot of people call their sons bubba when they are little. #1 DH was called bubba by his dad growing up and so he called DS#1 bubba. First time we took DS#1 to Disneyland there was a show we saw with a bunch of bears. One of the bears names was Bubba and we bought the Bubba bear for him fo rhis birthday. Kid still has it 24 years later!

MARTI...I haven't been experiencing any problems with the internet. Haven't even been having problems with the server busy stuff when cominghere. I probably just jinxed myself now.

Only problem I am having is trying to type! I am wearing my brace because of writing so much yesterday my wrist is killing me! This thing really helps-have one for both the left and right and have even worn both at one time before, such a pretty picture! Did manage to get a couple of scrapbook pages done yesterday and my house cleaning. Going to work on some more later. DD went through all her awards and decided which ones she wanted in it. Of course we can't put all of them so she picked one from every grade. Also, finally got my book list half done. I went through most of my books and wrote them down (the reason my wrist is hurting) and put a check by the ones I have read. Now I need to make a new list and alphabetize them by Author and add the ones that eventually I want to buy-lotta work but in the end it will be better so I don't buy a book I have already read. Should have done this years ago. Anyway...better get going. Going to vacuum again and want to start on the scrapbooking.

Have a good one ladies!
Old 01-29-2006, 02:46 PM   #10  

Cristi~ I am not sure if there is anything else. I will have Tommy call and talk to his mom later when he gets up.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:07 PM   #11  

Hi everyone!

It's been a very loooooong week at work. Very tiring. I'm helping out in another office due to a maternity leave so I'm on the road a couple days a week.

Yesterday DH & I adopted a 4 yr. old beagle from the animal shelter. Her name is Honey. (My husband is a beekeeper & the dog is tan & white). She is the sweetest thing, but she hasn't eaten a thing since we got her home! She is so laid back, we haven't even heard her bark yet. Very loving.

Today was yucky & rainy. Too much of that lately, the rivers are about at flood stage. Not good.

DH's son & kids just left - thank heavens!!! The boys are 4 & 6 and were absolute monsters tonight! The younger one kept giving me dirty looks & growling (yes growling) at me. I told him I was bigger and older and could make meaner faces than him. Then he would stomp off & kick some toys. He needed his butt smacked but his Dad was in the garage changing the oil in his truck. The the older one would start screaming that the younger one was ruining whatever he was doing and it went on, and on, and on........... And through it all the new dog just laid in her cage and didn't make a sound. If she can put up with all that hellishness, she has more patience then I do!

I have really been trying to stay OP, but haven't lost an ounce. Can't do any exercises except a few stretches because of my back. I really think that is why I haven't been losing - no exercising.

Time to get ready for another busy week. Hope everyone is doing well.

Connie
Old 01-29-2006, 08:34 PM   #12  
Nancy

Cool

To mom2gaby (sorry - don't know you're real name!!) we don't really know that Floydie has Alzheimer's. What we know is that he's 16 1/2, and has developed a number of odd behaviors, including obsessions with water. He may be at the beginning stages of renal failure, not uncommon at his age, but is also on steroids for irritable bowel disease. He yowls all the time that he's not sleeping. When my husband showers, he sits outside the shower the whole time yowling until he opens the door, then he goes in to lick the floor. ANyhow, we're steeling ourselves to the fact that he is aging, and his day will come fairly soon.

I have to share with this lovely group of people that yesterday I weighed in at WW after missing one week, and had a wonderful surprise of -3.8 lbs. I am now at -19.8 (just couldn't get that last .2, could I?) after 10 months. It has been such a long long long haul, but I am SO PROUD of myself for not giving up. The turn-around came in November when my leader talked about Bites, Licks, and Tastes (BLT's) and I realized that I had been sabotaging myself with all those BLT's that I didn't bother counting. Since then, I've lost almost 10 lbs., and I'm hoping to hit that 20 lb. mark next week, AND I only have 4 to go to get my 10% keychain!!

Next step, how to get more resistance training into my exercise routine. Any suggestions?????
Old 01-29-2006, 11:30 PM   #13  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello All,

Susan smart idea,,,you are not leaving yoru people and yet still able to get some learning in.
I tried to read as much as I could,,,so far behind.

I am free from the play now,,,which was beyond all our expectations,,,definete CAT award. Poor leading lady,,,had worked so hard. Lost 27 lbs,,(on her it was alot) and did some a emotional job that she couldn't turn the water off after her last show. I don't know how to deal with sobbing women but I think I did ok,,,I stuffed her mouth with chocolate kisses...figured her sugar level was low. And told her to let it all out. She was fine an hour later. I am just plain and simple exhausted. Glad its over.
We went to Red Deer today and had Christmas with the BIL and SIL. We got a gc for Costco and went and bought a papershredder since our old one can't keep up. Well I used both tonight and over heated them BOTH.
Not much else happening...
going to bed soon...need to, feeling a bit crossed eyed with lack of sleep.
night all
Old 01-29-2006, 11:42 PM   #14  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

Have also had alot of trouble getting on. It keeps telling me that the server is busy. I am actually quite surprised that I am able to get on now.

How come just when your children have been so good for quite awhile, they go and do the dumbest (or what seems that) and you just want to knock your head against the wall? Or maybe theirs? That has been my week. Now in the process of changing schools for DD. Also how come when the kids do something DH's take it out on the poor DW that is just trying to handle things?

GRRRRR.

Maybe this week things will be much better.

Sorry that I don't have time to do individuals. Will keep trying to get on early tomorrow so that I can catch up.

Mindee, a guy at my work had a problem with his lungs collapsing. They finally found out that he had an infection, and once he had a huge dose of penicillin (he had to have the iv and wear it to work fo a week) he did get better. Hope that is what they will find and be able to treat it quickly. to you and your family.

Chat later. Enjoy your evenings.

Kathy
Old 01-30-2006, 12:22 AM   #15  

Kathy~ Thanks for that info. Right now, there are supposedly two doctors that are going to put their heads together and see what they can come up with to help out my FIL.
Closed Thread