Weight Loss and Chit Chat #163

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Luncheon ............went good.....all the ladies enjoyed my white chili as well as the ceasar/w shrimp and the WW veggie soup...one skinny minnie in our group though.........she brought home made fresh HOT bread............YIKES!!! butter was for smearing and OMG I couldn't help IT......let the butter out of the fridge..........ALL FRESH HOT bread gone.......all BUTTER gone...........ALL wine GONE.......DAmn............I'M FAT!!!! and SASSY!!!!
  • Thank you Mel. Just waiting to hear back from supervisor at CS - he is calling my employer to see why they need a court order before establishing medical. He is the supervisor of the supervisor - getting so tired of these people. I called this AM to leave a scathing message and all the supervisors answered their phone - what a bother!! I ranted and raved and was almost late for work.
    At least the supervisors supervisor is nice and polite!!! That is all I want - I don't deserve these jerky attitudes. *sigh
    He also will look into putting the suspended license in place since Mike promising a job was the reason it was re -established(SP)

Maybe I am just a ***** - I dunno. I can never get ahead it seems and if they think this 50 year old man is going to change and be responsible now - ha. He is friggin $40,000 in the hole.......and I think he should be ashamed for quitting his job once Gaby was signed up for medical. So mad at him. I really need help with this because I use to be nice......lol

Walked 1.5 miles this morning before Gaby woke up.Now I don't feel good - have the chills.....waaaaa, waaaaa

sorry for the vent - better go back to my corner......
  • Just a quick Hi from me for now

Busy day and now it is time to cook dinner and finish the cake. Got it baked, just need to frost and decorate. Anyway, took too long catching up on all the posts and there are too many to try and do individuals.

DD & I went to see HOSTEL, good, funny and gory! Oh, and a lot T & A! Supposedly based on a true story and if it was...remind me to never stay in a Hostel, ever! Nothing else really on that she wanted to see.

Anyway, gotta run and get dinner started.
  • I know what you mean about individuals Cristi, it is hard for me to do. You do a awesome job with it! Your cake sounds yummy.

I am starving and sooooooooo ready to go home. I feel dizzy. I will try and walk another 1.5 miles tonight.

I made an appointment for Tuesday to complete the forms on medical for R&R at CS. So that is a relief.

I was hearing some good things about CURVES from my mother & some residents. I kind of like the idea of working the whole body into shape and only other women being members. Might look into it.

better get! Sooooooo happy tomorrow is Friday!!!
  • Stopped into say.."HI!"

Busy day at worked--mega amounts of entry--too tired to think or type anything else!!
  • Thanks for the welcome. I enjoy reading all your posts. My screen name is eloisecat, but my real name is Nancy.
  • I went for a 1 hour walk today in place of going ot the gym. It felt really good! To not be walking on a treadmill, just walking . . . with things other than sweaty people to look at!
    Allen is a big boy now . . . he's eating cheerios and is trying to master drinking from his sippy cup. It's sad to me, that he's growing up so fast!
  • Hi Ladies...

I'm back again for a few minutes. My usual shows are boring me so didn't feel like watching tonight. Watched My Name Is Earl and The Office instead. CSI...I haven't cared for the last few shows, didn't quite start the season out with a bang. Same with Without A Trace. May go back to watching E.R...I haven't seen that show in ages and it used to be a fav.

SUSAN...I don't think you are being a *****, more looking out for the welfare of little miss Gaby. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I can only imagine the crap you have to endure dealing with those people and most of all, Mike! Hope you got some food in your belly and you aren't feeling dizzy anymore, maybe that's why you were feeling dizzy? Or...it could just be dealing with the arses!

MEL...how old is your little one? Can't remember if you mentioned it, probably in your bio and I missed it. Hope DH gets you that diamond bracelet. If I ever get to my first mini-goal DH is getting me a charm to add to my bracelet that says "One day at a time" I always liked that. Not sure what I will get when I reach my UG.

NANCY...WELCOME once again! Maybe, if you want, you could put your name in your signature until we all get to know you. Of course I have noticed a few people have changed their avatars...I think they are trying to confuse me. I'm having to look at their username to see who they are!

MARTI...there was a time that I did like Little Caesars. It's okay if you eat it when it's hot but something about the cheese when it gets cold, ick! Glad James got a laptop, now you both can get on when you want. And he can e-mail you!

MINDEE...ya know...not meaning to come off sounding like a know-it-all, or meaning to rain on your parade, but you can almost get a full-size dishwasher for about $100 more than the little thing. Might be something to think about and check out if and when you guys decide to buy one. And speaking of washers and dryers...have you seen that they have a washer/dryer combo? You wash the clothes and when it's done with the washing cycle it flips to the drying mode. How cool is that? I saw it on HGTV on one of these space saver shows, or small spaces.

CHRISTINE...hot, yummy bread with butter is my downfall! I wouldn't have been able to pass it up either.

JULES...hope you get some rest from all that typing!

ANGIE...wtg on the loss!

Hi to everyone else, Katy, Connie, Jane, Kathy, Sue, Katiecat, aaaaaahhhhh, I can't think of everyone!

Well, since I didn't get in all my computer time earlier I am going to go surfin' the net and check e-mail and such! I'll be up late again. I got on this late schedule that I really don't like. Staying up until the wee hours of the night reading and then sleeping in. I tried to go to bed early but just layed there so got up. Going to try and force myself to get up earlier tomorrow.

Nighty, night ladies.
  • Today was Brandon’s WIC appointment. He is 27lbs. 10oz., 32 inches tall, and his head circumference is 18 5/8 inches. He is doing great! He put on 5lbs. 6oz and 3 inches since the last time he was there. The guy that we talked to, who is the big honcho I guess, asked how potty training was going. I said “we haven’t tried but, we will be trying soon.”

My mom is going to watch the boys for a couple hours on Saturday so that me and Tommy can go out to dinner by ourselves for his birthday. Then after dinner, we will come back here, grab his birthday cake and ice cream, and head over to my mom’s house.

Nancy~ Once again, welcome!

Cristi~ I am not sure if we will get that countertop dishwasher. It just looked interesting. I am not even sure if we can have a dishwasher here in the apartment. But I know that will be one thing we will definitely look for when we go house hunting sometime. I haven’t seen or heard about the washer/dryer combos. They sound like it would be a time saver though. Do they come in full size or just small?
  • Back again!
    Susan Sounds like a real loving father ((sarcasm)) I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of that! What a pain!
    Cristi Allen is 7 months old. He's sitting up and sigh . . . eating cheerios and trying to figure out sippy cups. He's growing up on me and there's no way to stop him! No, He's very fun at this age b/c he's a lot more playful now and has a great attention span.
    Hostel? Hmmm . . . I got a gift card for the movies for my birthday and Mark and I trying to pick out a good one to see. We havn't been to the movies since I was about 6 months pregnant!
    Well, I had so much crazy energy all day that I buzzed around my house cleaning and doing laundry, and then when Mark came home from work at 830, I went ot the gym for a while. I triied out a couple of machines that I've never used b4 and got in a great workout.
    I know that last week I did really bad, but I'll be SO disapointed if I WI on Sunday and don't have a loss of 2+ lbs!
  • cristi,,have you sean horse broke moutain? As soon as I am done with this show I am going to see it. Heath Ledger is adorable...cute whatever. I enjoy looking at him.
    Happy Birthday to DD!

Susan well we all know Mike is a butt head...probably everyone who has had contact with him knows also.

Welcome Nancy...

Jules,,,hey know the feeling when Ive been going none stop...its hard to get in and say hi.

Anyways better get to bed...night all
  • Good morning ladies,

Waaayyyy too many posts for me to try and do individuals. But I do want to say to Angie - WTG on the 3.6 pounds down! And to Cristi - happy belated b/d to Carrie. Marti - you're gonna love James having the laptop. My laptop is in Florida. Getting a tan, lol. Susan - you're too hard on yourself, sweetie. I think y ou're doing great with the walking. Nancy - welcome! Would you please put your name in your signature, and it will appear the first time you post on each page. Thanks.

A big hello to all the others!

Remember my friend Sally? Not sure if I mentioned it or not, but she moved to South Carolina last fall. She and her DH Bill are in town, and the 4 of us went out to dinner last night. We met at the restaraunt, and I know people thought we were crazy, because when they came in, she and I stood at the door, hugging and hopping around. LOL We had a long, leisurely dinner, then went back to their hotel room, and chatted until past 10pm. Felt great to see an old friend who knows so much about my soul.

Have a good one!
  • Going to the gym this morning...the machines that work the arms should be real fun today since my arms are still tired. Still at a 0 loss for the second week in a row...though DH commented again about my butt, so on a whim I tried on the jeans that are my first goal to get back in---I actually got them up over my thighs and butt--which hasn't been done for over a year --have a ways until I can actually button them even with sucking everything in.
    ---did anyone else ever do the laying on the bed with a wire hanger through the zipper pulling it up to squeeze into the 80's butt hugger jeans??
    After gym--it's off to the dreaded Walmart for groceries. DH is going to change the oil in DD's friend from colleges car. She is a sweet girl--says she is going to make us adopt her whether we like it or not. Unfortunately her parents divorced and remarried and between all the marriages she has 10 siblings. She says she gets lost in the brood and we make her feel loved.
  • No, I don't think everyone knows Mike is a butthead Angie. Obviously he was able to dig up 2 lady AA friends for the court hearing that gave him ideas he deserved custody - also some nutty lady helping him do the Christmas thing ,,,,and his friggin muther who likes him,,,,,,lol
    Also CS caseworker still thinks he will be sending his $$$ this month - lol

Whatever - my mom said if he tries a court thing again she is buying me a ticket to Hawaii -"you are just going to go Susan, we aren't doing that again!"....ok, a judge might have something to say. ha

I had some wonderful soup last night from Doug. Didn't walk this AM because of my cold- feel weak....

blah - blah better get this brats to school!!
  • Susan - hope all goes smoothly getting the health insurance taken care of...Personally, I think you handle it all very gracefully...I know it's hard dealing with a deadbeat dad but just hang in there and vent here, of course! Hope you feel better soon...soup sounds so good...maybe Doug can swing by here with some of that....

Jules - I work out alot and the pounds come off very slowly, but my body looks so much better! So I just remind myself that I want my appearance to improve - no one needs to know what the scale says unless I tell'em Building up all that muscle is going to improve your metabolism in the long haul, so just keep your eye on the prize!

I am so far behind. I just can't keep up today,,but hope you are all having a great day.

We took Leigh in for a developmental assessment yesterday, largely because her preschool teacher had expressed concerns that she might have delays. Well, I my feeling at the time was that it was mostly her (stubborn) temperament more than a delay. I mean, she's in speech, so that part we know already. The assessment confirmed what we felt, which is that her development is within normal ranges on just about every aspect. yay! We were encouraged to keep up speech for awhile to improve her intelligibility,and given some stretching exercises for her calves. Her teacher thought she might need therapy because she was falling down alot, but turns out she has tight calves.... So, upshot - her teacher was a tad overreactive, but the assessment will help her calm down abit. I'm glad, because Leigh really loves school..it's hard to feel like the teacher just isn't on the same page as the parent....but I'm sure she will be when we discuss the results.

Angie - I heard Brokeback Mountain is really good! I won't see it for awhile, because I just never seem to get out to movies any more. We usually see them when we can check the DVD's out from the library.

well -gotta go get the pipsqueak from preschool
    Have a good one, folks