Weight Loss and Chit Chat #162.

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Good Morning!

Weigh day and I didn't budge an ounce! lol Anyway- what can I do - my own doing if I don't exercise and eat process cheese all friggin day *sigh. I just feel off track now. Need to readjust my mental mind (lol) and remember "we are in the army now!!" grrrrrrrrr

If Cristi doesn't want the job I will take it Jane. Ever think of just retiring in Florida?? Be close to Katie & Disney World?

Rocky hurt my feelings last night - he wanted to go check on a cell phone deal at the mall - we hadn't even talked long. Annoyed me - I was already to settle in for hours of mindless chat - lol. He wanted me to go snuggle with Gaby and rest - what the heck- don't tell me want to do! He had been looking at this $7000 ring at Zales. Waaaaaaay too much. I told him I looked on line at their site and didn't even see a $7000 ring. The average price is $2000 - even that seems too much to me to spend. My first set was a black hill gold- which I pawned on termination of said marriage....lol The second wedding ring I tossed on the Astoria bridge - I really don't put value in jewelry. I told him I would look silly wearing a $7000 ring in my latest selection of wear from Goodwill. lol

woo hoo - Going to get my taxes done this weekend - takes 6 weeks for a refund. So, looking at the start of March for that - just in time to start shopping for trip to Hawaii!!!! yay......going to wear capris and t-shirts this time . I wore shorts last time - my outfit when I wanna "get" the man. JK....lol

k- guess that is it. Missing Katy, Katie, Mindee EM, Sue, Ellen.......hi to everyone!
  • Hello ladies...

JANE...oh, I would love to have the job! Where do I apply? LOL Actually, it does sound like it would be the perfect job for me! And I have never been to Florida. Wonder if they have openings in CA? Have fun at the BD party! And the lemonade cake...sounds delicious!

MARTI...yeah, I never get the age thing. Not sure what an age is supposed to feel like. DD is always telling me I don't act my age, maybe that's why she doesn't think I am the age I am. Oh, you should go get your hair done. There's nothing like being pampered for a few hours and coming out feeling like a new woman! But I do know what ya mean about finding someone you trust to do your hair.

SUSAN...geez, woman...a $7000 ring! Hey, if he wants to buy it let him. I'd take a $7000 ring for sure! Actually, I would be afraid to wear a ring that cost that much. Maybe a $4000 ring. I remember when my first DH bought me a ring in 1979. he was wanting to spend $1000 and I wouldn't let him. It just wasn't me. Of course now that is a different story! Anyway...taxes already! Man, girl that is early. V used to have ours done early but hasn't the last two years.

JULES...so did DH get the car running? What a lifesaver, having a hubby that can work on cars, saves lots of moola for sure. It is ridiculous sometimes what they charge to work on a car nowdays. It's the labor that gets ya. Sounds like you and DD had a very nice lunch.

Hi to everyone else

Wasn't really doing anything so thought I would jump on here and post for a few minutes. Going to get some scrapbooking done as soon as I get off this thing. I haven't done any in ages, can't remember the last time. Just know I need to get back to doing it and get those albums done for the kids. Josh will get two because I am doing an Army one. I was a happy camper last night because he actually called! Kept waiting for him to write but he said he's not into writing right now so he called. We talked for about an hour, it was good to hear his voice for sure. Anyway...need to get going if I am going to get any scrapbooking done. Hoping to get at least 6 pages done today.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend!
  • Afternoon Ladies!!

Jules--Your lunch sounded so good! I love portebello mushrooms! I also love spinach dip and anything I can think of to dip in it!! (goodness me....no wonder I gained back the weight over the holidays!!)

Jane--Maybe someday I'll go get my hair done. There are many ladies who do at work, I'll just ask one of them if they have someone they can recommend. I guess I'm just cheap too! My sister does it all for free! But she's not stylist so it's just whatever happens at the end....that gets scary enough!

Susan--
    $7000 on a ring? WOW! I'd tell him to knock off $6000 of that and put it towards the honeymoon!! Taxes already? We don't even have our forms yet. Plus, James has to go to an accountant or something like that to get all his done. Who knows when we'll be doing that!

Cristi--Scrapbooking!!! I'm coming over! I haven't done any scrapbooking since summer! That's sad. I've done some pages for friends and they hang them up in photo frames. That was fun. One girl has her page hanging in her cubicle at work. I really need to get going on my book too....or it's just going to be a huge messy pile!!

Well today is my clean the house day. Not looking forward to it. Really tired too. But, once I get going.....when I'm done I'll either have a sparkling clean house or a bigger mess!

Better get started!
  • Goodness Goodness!!!

I forgot to wish Mel a Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday Mel!!

I hope you had a wonderful day and that everyone pampered you to the fullest!!!
  • Happy Birthday Mel!

Ladies, ladies you all calm down on a $7000 ring !!! He isn't serious about that (at least I don't think) He asked to see the most expensive ring and the salesperson hauled it out. I would soooooooo not want that - I would kind of like a jade ring - that is a pretty color or a diamond but something small. I also don;t care about a honeymoon - give me some $$$$ to garage sales, that would be fun -lol - seriously.......

Gaby was sick last night , I forgot to say that earlier. I got in bed and her lil legs were hot,hot,hot - it was like an oven next to her. She kept saying through the night. I"m sick" - so cute. This morning she woke up ok but I am going to put her to bed - her eyes look tired.

Taxes will be in the mail Monday - got the W-2s in the mail yesterday. I already quickly did my federal and kind of know my refund amount - lol so I am eager to get it done = probably tomorrow.

best get a little girl to bed!!
  • No way I can catch up here! Happy Belated birthday, Marti! Hope your's was better than mine!
    I have this tradition of sucky b-days. This year was no different! Ok, so we were in AZ, and it was nice and warm . . . but Mark forgot to say happy birthday to me until I reminded him around noon! His goofball parents were all pissy about Allen needing to be in bed at 730 WI time (630 AZ time) and then his best friend was being an a** . . that's a really long story. Needless to say I spent the evening listening to talk about breast pumps and pug dogs and eating way too much cake.
    Eating too much . . . UG! Apparently nobady down there ever cooks! We ate out for almost every meal! I tried to eat good, but that's not easy when your at a place that only serves hot dogs! (Weinershnitzel)
    I refuse to get myself down about my weight this week, and I'm sure I won't make my goal for the month.
    Just very happy to be home!
  • MEL awwww......I'm sorry your trip didn't go well. SOmetimes the best family are the ones who live VERY far away

Martimy philosophy on the hair .............it'll grow back.......and if the color is wrong try another. When I first started to color my hair i went to a beauty shop........the cost was OUTRAGEOUS.........and I didn't like the color so good. I decided to experiment on my own.........you can get color that washes out in a few washes........and then you can go permanent.........I go to Super Cuts the always give a good hair cut and are very knowledgable about styles and what might look good on your face...........I hate spending money on Beauty shops..................but I love manicures and pedicures......they are nice OH PS i use to be an LVN way back in the day LOL!! yeah I love having people around...........very much a people person and I do miss nursing periodically...........but not often

POOR Son ............his dad took him out to try to park some more.......he comes home and sighs..........and says he ran over and killed 3people......DANG he is dramatic........

I want a Crossfire or a convertable Mustang or a Sebring..............or a Miata........or a RX-M80...........ha don't know what they are called but it's a nissan sports coupe......anyway...........that is my dream........I'm driving the grandma car now and my son will get it and then I'll go to the Ram.......that is if my hubby will let me touch his baby.......geesh.........when the gas prices were high the DH bought a 1991 civic(100,000miles for $1800) to save on gas since he drives 50 miles round trip daily.......I was told at the time that my son would get it when he gets his license..........Now hubby is saying the kid doesn't need a car and I should keep transporting him daily WHATEVER..........NOT.............
  • Hi Ladies,

Cristi - well, nobody but Neal and I had the lemonade cake. Terry and Gina said they are dieting, but ate the other stuff. Today is Mary's birthday, and they're having brownies instead of cake. Lord help me! Girls are different than boys when it comes to the phone, because Katie calls often and about talks my ear off, lol. I love to hear all the things going on in her life. But I know if it was Terry, he wouldn't call very often. Guys are like that. Btw, now when I hear 100 years, I think of you and Josh, too, and I really like that.

Susan - jade and diamonds must be the new thing for engagement rings, because one of Katie's friends got one for Christmas. I love the combination, too, and got a bracelet and earrings from Neal when I lost 75 pounds. Hope the Gabster is better today.

Marti - didja get your house cleaned? Willya do mine next? About the hair, maybe you should wait until a pro can do it, unless your sister is a stylist. In the meantime, you could pick up one of those hair style mags at Walmart, and see what you think would suit you.

Mel - a belated Happy Birthday from me! So sorry it wasn't so happy, though.

Christine - when I was 16, my boyfriend had a 1968 gold Mustang, and that car was so "groovy", lol. We used to steam up the windows at the drive-in. With "Crimson and Clover" on the radio, lol.

Well, as I mentioned to Cristi, we're going to Mary's birthday party afterwhile, then Neal and I are going to clean out the computer room and go to Lowe's for a 10' section of countertop. We're going to use 3 filing cabinets to hold it up and make a looooong computer/desk area for along one wall. Can't wait!

I'm doing pretty good, but not excellent, with the food. Why can't I just be one of those "naturally thin" people?????

Have a good Sunday, chicks!
  • Mel - sounds like you had an awesome birthday! lol Poor thing - do something for yourself this week - sounds like you need to pamper alittle. Same on the weight goal as you. If I fancy myself losing 4 pounds this week I will be on track - ya right. I will be happy to see 159 by Saturday!

Christine - cute dramatic son

What is the lemonade cake recipe Jane?? Sounds yummy. I was thinking of just a Jade ring but know that you mention jade & diamonds together that does sound pretty. He was talking with his sister yesterday and she told him to look at nbc diamond rings - that is where she buys her jewelry. Never heard of it.

Gaby has a cold- stuffy and tossed and turned all night. Wakes up at the crack of dawn - grrrrrrrr. I am still tired.

better get. I WILL walk 3 miles today!!
  • Hi everyone!

It is a crappy, gloomy day here - again! This weather can really get ya down. My back has been bothering me again so I've just been taking it easy this weekend. Trying to get things ready for taxes - we usually itemize because of DH's medical expenses. It's a pain but it does help. Right now he's working on the ice maker in the freezer. It takes turns spitting out the ice or the cold water but not both. I could care less but it really bugs him. So he has everything out of the freezer working on it. That's one way for me to stay out of the kitchen!!

Marti - sorry I missed your birthday, hope it was a good day.

Jane - can I have the recipe for the lemonade cake? Sounds delicious!

Got my hair cut & highlighted yesterday. I take in a highlighting kit & my hairdresser does it for me. Lots cheaper that way. It turned out pretty good, always makes me feel better.

Not much else going on.

Have a great week!

Connie
  • When Brandon was a little younger, some one that we know said that because of his beautiful blue eyes, we were going to have to send him to kindergarten with a package of condoms. Well, he keeps humping everything in sight! He will grab onto either my leg or Tommy’s leg and will go to town. We tell him “Brandon, stop it. That is not being a good boy.”

On another note, since my six week check up, I have lost 14lbs, making it a total of 36lbs since I was last weighed before I had Logan. Only 110lbs more to where I would like to be for my height and I will be a happy girl! I can also slide my pants off while they are still done up, that is how loose they are!

Logan is doing great! He is a happy baby. He loves watching what Brandon does. And when Brandon cries, Logan laughs. He thinks it is the funniest thing ever.

Happy belated birthday Marti!!!

Cristi~ I got to thinking after I typed about the BC issue, and with Brandon we had to pay $10 to get a certified copy of it. (I double checked to make sure it had the raised seal on it the other day) So probably this coming week we will have the extra money to get it. It is on my list of things to get done asap!

Kathy~ Thanks for the good words. I have found that I am loving to exercise more now since I have seen some results. And for some reason I don’t dread doing the exercise. They are my stress reliever after the boys go to bed. Sure….I can bottle up some energy and send it to you!

Christine~ Congrats on your son getting the part. Good luck to him!!!
  • Christine- true about the fam being far away! Mark's fam is kinda confusing and stressful. His Dad and step Mom live in an RV and they live in AZ for 6 ms and then WA the other 6. He just started speaking to his dad again about 1.5 years ago after 14 yrs of not speaking. His mom lives in AZ as well, and they have just started speaking a few months ago after 1 year of not speaking b/c she was being a control freak and was syaying mean things about me and Allen. Then the people we stayed with are like his other mom and dad b/c he lived with them for quite a while after his mom kicked him out. They are very nice!
    Our rental car was a Sebring, great car!
    Jane- I was asking my mom the same thing today- why can't I be one of those thin people who can eat whatever they want and stay thin? It's not fair and very discouraging!
    Mindee- wow! 36 lbs lost! Great job! I lost 15 after having Allen, but then gained a lot back. Now I'm down again and working to keep at it!

So, trying to get back on track after vaca. I weighed myself today adn I'm up 3.5 lbs. I can't bring myself to change my ticker though. I'm hoping that after a a few good days a couple trips to the gym I'll be back where I was, and maybe less!
    I'm so sick of my neighborhood and can't wait to move in a month! Last night I awoke at 130 to some very loud mariachi music. It went on until past 4am! I called the police around 3 and they never came. It's like that all the time here and I'm really sick of it!
    I got the pics back from my party and trip and was totally discusted by a picture of me sitting with a friend of mine. I had gotten all dressed up and thought I looked really good, sexy actually. Well in the picture my face looks huge and my gut is roled over my pants! ICK!
    Ok, I'm outta here!
  • I bumped up the recipe #2 thread which has the lemonade cake in post #3. The title is Dreamsicle Cake, but just use lemon instead of orange for the lemonade cake. Yum!
  • Mel~ Thanks for the encouragement! Great job to you as well!
  • Good morning everyone!!

I can't believe how some mornings you wake up and FEEL skinnny and then you hop on the scale and KNOW you're FAT

Jane I was trying to think of the car that I was always steaming up and I couldn't remember it yesterday in my list of cars...........cause........well.........AHEM..... any how ........it was a TransAM.....now that was a Sweet car!!!

OMG MINDEE that kid is going to be in the dog house that story is toooooo funny!!!PS Wish I could lose 1lb

So my day???? Friend going back to England today......so airport trip. DS going for a try at getting his license......so DMV trip. Hubby going out of town tommorrow............so Laundry trip.......but that's ok 3 days of Kingsize bed all to ME