Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2001, 01:07 AM   #16  

Jen,

How's your baby doing? Remember me? I had my baby on Sept 30th, 2000. Wow! I don't know about you, but it's hard to get anything done with my little girl crawling and standing and furniture crusing.

I am about 7 pounds from WW goal weight and at least 10 pounds from pre preggo weight. I went back to WW meetings about 1 month after DD was born. Didn't have to pay until May with my doctors note. I hope to reach my WW goal weight right about the time of DD's first birthday.

Good luck to you with your weight loss and baby #2! I think my DD is going to be my one and only.

Good luck to the rest of you too, may your deliveries be good and your weight loss be easy!

Karen
Old 07-22-2001, 05:02 PM   #17  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi, I survived the party! Hooray, am rewarding myself with a cold Guinness and an early night!
Barb, redundancy is similar to being laid off I guess, you get money based on how long you worked there or you can sometimes negociate. DH did well, he earned lots in the past few years and it bumped up his leaving package BUT, I am wary...when we met he had huge credit card and other debts, I was OK for money, had a valuable home and good job, but ended up selling the place to clear his debt...not that I minded too much, it made me feel better about quitting work after the baby was born, but it meant I had to go without lots of things I wanted for the baby...only stuff I could borrow but it did sting a little.I agree never get into card debt if you can help it, I had to pay for meals he'd taken other girls on, holidays I didn't get to go on etc...and the interest is criminal, and it makes for arguements too.
Midwife tomorrow and I think I may be in trouble, hands and feet very swollen plus the eye thing, so if it all goes a bit quiet from me you'll know they've dragged me in. I've packed my bag but can't fit you guys in!
time to hit the hay...zzzzzzzzzzz geneve
Old 07-22-2001, 05:29 PM   #18  
bc

Geneve, interesting way of looking at credit card debt -paying for his past debts. It is interesting how when we marry after being on our own we have a different perspective on money. My mother always said women should marry after they have been on their own for awhile (and not living at home) I think she is right. I much prefer to know I can take care of myself in a pinch.

-also for the bloating......... drink drink drink! I found it was the best way to combat the swelling at the end of my pregnancy. I kept a selection of beverages with no caffine handy so I could keep drinking. Sure it is a pain when you have to pee all the time, but it is worth it to not bloat.

Jen, my credit card spending would be conservative. I also have a remarkably low interest rate on my card so it is less than our mortgage or a personal loan rate. I do think it will keep us from going crazy. Hopefully we will do ok. We do have a week of vacation next week. We are renting a house with my sister on a lake. I told my husband that is one time we SHOULDN'T be cheap because she will feel she has to pay for things we can't pay for. We do plan to pack coolers with food because heathy snacks are easier to pack than to buy from the fast food places on the way.

I think your husband and mine must be twins seperated at birth. My husband talks the same way about jobs. He has been at the same place for 12 years, but he talks that way nonetheless. I tell him it is more his interpersonal skills than the job. I suspect any job would generate the same talk after the glow of just starting fades.

Still it is hard to be dependant on someone if they aren't working. I think it is very ironic that he never came close to talking this way when I was working....... then everything was hunky dory (sp?) I suspect it is really a control issue and he is trying to exert his control over the situation and our lives. That or freaking over having a third child.

I can't believe I got my period today! It seems like I just stopped bleeding from the birth! I think it is awfully early considering she is nursing all the time. Oh well, maybe it will be sporatic for awhile.

Barb

Barb
Old 07-22-2001, 06:02 PM   #19  

Default No not pregnant

A lurker here. Actually this is the first time I have looked at this. I had something on my mind and when I saw you all on here I wanted to share a few things with you. I just had a cousin on July 6th went to her doctor and (23 weeks along) and no heat beat. She lost the baby. It was 10 inches long and weighed 9 ounces. My mom's co-worker just went through the exact thing this past friday and was 28 weeks. Please pay attention to the baby's movement. Once you first start to feel it, keep up with it. Make notices in changes such as it slacking off a bit before it should. I can only partly understand how these to mothers to be felt. I had twins 6 years ago and they were 25 weekers. They were 1 pound 14 ounces and 1 pound 9 ounces. My children did make it but was a very tough 3 months in the NICU.

For you moms 2 Be that are expecting baby number 1, I had an 8 pound 6 ounce boy first time around and he was 8 days late and a natural vaginal birth with absolutely no pain med. until after birth. It wasn't too bad. I didn't have an episiotomy but did have a very nasty rip that required 45 minutes of stitching. The baby was through in the nursery and was actually waiting on me to arrive in our room. The twins was an emergency c-section. I was put under with general anesthesia and I can't tell you the actual birth but can tell you that as far as the healing periods afterwards, the c-section was much easier.

"IF" and I do say if very carefully, was to have another child, I would have to have c-section again due to my incision. I am 28 and don't need any more kids. I am just trying to regain my sanity. My sisters best friend who happens to be a co-worker of mine just had her first on Thursday by c-section and had a 10 pound 4 ounce 22 inch long girl. Huge baby! She (mother) had grew way to fast the entire pregnancy and surprised the doctors when they collected twice as much fluid during the section than should be. Baby is doing fine but mother is suffering from depression.

Sorry for the long post but I hope some of you find something in this post that may enlighten you during this wonderful time of your lives.

Dana
Old 07-23-2001, 11:14 AM   #20  

Hello to all! It is so good to read so many posts. And welcome to all the newbies!

Ann - I am so happy for you! I was thinking about you last month hoping you were doing well. And you certainly are. Be sure to take care of yourself and enjoy.

Barb - This is a great group of ladies to be in contact with. Welcome!

My baby and I are doing well. She is 17 days old now. Sometimes it seems like she sleeps a lot so I tend to wake her to nurse. I guess I am paranoid about my milk supply. I took her to her own dr at 5 days old because the hospital drs thought they had found a heart murmer. But, after three tests and numerous blood tests everything is fine. She gained 5 ounces in two days time just from me. I was very pleased.

TLOL website that Scully recommended is great. There are so many different threads that it is easy to get involved and get some good info and advice.

I hope to be able to check in more often.

Sending cool thoughts to everyone and very easy labor thoughts!

Last edited by bensmom; 07-23-2001 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-26-2001, 10:11 AM   #21  

Hi Everyone!
Casandra...wow, a baby you have to wake up, just what I've always wanted!Mine just never went to sleep!
Hope you are all keeping well.
I'm just back from hospital, feeling much better and with all my 'issues'resolved. According to the scan the baby is already 9lbs which gives a delivery weight of about 10 1/2lbs, too much for me, so I'm in for the section, probably on August 6th.
I also found out the sex...as I suspected it's a boy, a bit disappointing BUT I'm not as glum as I thought. I may never get to buy a smocked lilac dress or hold my daughters children, but I'll never have to see her fight sexism or fattism, all the stuff that gets me down! Years ago a psychic friend of mine told me she could see me as an old lady with three very tall men standing behind me, and I guess she is right!
Now all I need to work out is if I've put on 24lbs and 9 of it is the baby, how much of the rest can I expect to lose? There must be some kind of calculator on the net somewhere!
Oh, and I have a name too!
Geneve

Edward Joseph Tortuga (b. 20/07/97)
Leo Benedict Tortuga (06/08/01????)
Old 07-26-2001, 11:35 AM   #22  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I had a nice long reply typed in and it wouldn't let me post it. Oh that drives me nuts!!!!! I think it was because I used a slang word that the server thinks is a swear word and so it dumps the whole post. Oh well, try, try again.

Geneve - glad to hear you are out of hospital and everything is ok. I think a section is definately the way to go. OUCH!! From my book it says you can expect to lose 15-25 lbs from delivery and the few days afterward when your body gets rid of the excess fluid.

bensmom - nice to see you and hear your baby is doing great.

dana - thanks for your post. A friend of ours lost her baby just a few days before delivery. A very sad and terrifying prospect which I hope and pray doesn't happen to anyone here.

bc - my hubby is still going crazy from work, I can't understand his attitude at all. He doesn't like these people, mostly his boss, so why does he get so worked up about them. As long as he does his job he doesn't have anything to worry about. He does good work, his boss has no complaint about that. If he didn't have this attitude I think he would have a much easier time at work. Glad to hear that you are taking it easy with the credit cards but take it from me, it is so easy to let it slide by, be very very vigilant!!!!

Take care all.
Old 07-26-2001, 05:21 PM   #23  
bc

We are off tonight for a vacation. We had already paid for a house on a lake in Maine with my sister so we are off to go to it soon.

I spend the day packing suitcases. I can no longer pack the 'boys' with my stuff. Now they need a suitcase all their own. Isabelle will share with me. We have to take sheets and towels so for five people it all adds up. I hope it fits in the van!

Jen, hang in there. It is a familiar tale. Luckily my husband has worked at the same place as long as I have known him. He is smart and very skilled but he is lacking in some of the people skills he would need to sell himself to a new company. I think he is lucky to be where he is. I will watch the credit cards. I am pretty conservative when it comes to that.

Geneve, My two oldest children are boys and truth be told we never really planned on a third. I was perfectly happy with two boys. They are such good friends and have been since the youngest could toddle around. I bet you will enjoy your boys too. I tell them they are the best friends they are ever going to have. Think about it friends come and go but if you are close to a sibling it makes it really nice. You are going to love it!

I'll see you all in a week and a half.

Barb
Old 07-27-2001, 12:10 AM   #24  

Hello, friends!

We just returned home from a two week family camping vacation, which is why I haven't posted in so long. We had great time, although I am very, very glad to be home to my own bed and most especially my own BATHROOM! haha.

Can you believe how time is flying! I got for my 35 weeks check-up tomorrow. It's almost baby time! Since arriving home I've been washing baby clothes and putting finishing touches on the nursery. I still need to dig some stuff out of storage, but the basics are all pretty much done. Guess I need to pack a bag for the hospital too, huh? I can't believe it's getting to be time for this!

At my last visit I had gained 19 lbs, although I'm sure it's at least 5 more lbs now. I'm trying not to stress about it, but I still do. I get the twins questions and "when are you due?!" ALL the time.

I feel pretty good except for the usual aches and pains are increasing. Thankfully no swelling. I am SO tired too...

Just wanted to check in!

Sara
EDD 9/08
Old 07-27-2001, 06:45 PM   #25  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi Sara. Nice to see you back. I forgot I am only a couple of days ahead of you but when we'll actually have the babies is out of our hands. I guess you are feeling a bit like me, really tired of being pregnant! I am wishing this were all over yet I still have so much to do I wish I had a few more weeks. I had this past week off and got practically nothing done. Sigh. Well I'll be off work soon, only 5 more shifts to go. Hopefully then I will get going on the rest of it all. I think I have most of the baby clothes I will need initally. Still so much work left to be done in the nursery, I think we'll be lucky to have it done in time. I finished up the work I wanted to do in the dining/living room so that helps a lot. I've gained 29 lbs so far and holding. I got the 'twins' question once. It is sort of annoying and nice at the same time.

bc - hope you enjoy your trip. I am hanging in there for now, it is next summer I am already starting to worry about, if you can imagine. Don't I have enough on my plate without thinking about next year already. I try and put it in perspective by thinking that just about anything can happen between now and then.

take care all, have a great weekend.
Old 07-30-2001, 10:22 AM   #26  

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.
I'm writing from what feels like ****, we are in the middle of a heatwave that has sent the temperatures to over 90...it's hotter here than the holiday hot spots in Europe like Greece and Spain, and I'm sweltering.
In an effort to stay cool I have ven been swimming in the usually freezing cold English Channel here, but it too has warmed up!
I bought one of those nursery thermometers a while back, you know the ones that tell you when you get to the right temperature range for a baby, but even using a fan and opening allthe windows I can't get the thing even close to the right temperature!
I'm missing the USA, all that air conditioning in the house car and shops...
Well, at least i don't have to labour through this unless littel Leo decided to put in an early appearance!
Also too hot to eat , hooray!
geneve
Old 07-30-2001, 07:26 PM   #27  

Hello, friends!

Jen, it's fun that we are due at the same time. Wonder how close together our babies will be born? My doctor visit was rather uneventful. I gained 3 lbs, putting me to 22 lbs total. I swear I look and feel like it's about 50! haha. I don't really mind how I look (after all, this is my one time to enjoy gaining weight!) but I am feeling so huge and heavy. It's really getting uncomfortable. I have heartburn all the time and feel like I am lugging this body around from place to place.

It bothers me, because I do so much want to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy, but I feel myself just wanting to get it over with!

G -- I can totally relate about the heat. It was up to 97 today, and with no air conditioning it's just miserable. It totally zaps my energy. All I want to do is sit around...

Blessings,
Sara
Old 08-05-2001, 01:53 PM   #28  

Here I go....just a few short hours until I take the trip to the hospital, superficially I'm feeling relaxed, but have been eating chocolate and drinking Pimms which isn't a good sign!
0800 GMT and I'll be there. Not bery good at time differences but if any of you are up and about, please send me a kind thought.
I'll be back in touch once I'm no longer 'pregnant and staying fit' but instead 'new Mum with huge belly'.
Thanks to you for your support and good advice in the past few months, and I'll be in touch as soon as I get out, assumingI'm not too tired to write!
Geneve
Old 08-05-2001, 07:00 PM   #29  
bc

Geneve, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope all goes well for you.

We are back from our vacation in Maine. It was wonderful we rented a lake house with my sister. It was a great location, wonderful weather, and a truely unspoiled lake (well compared to those around me ) As usual with vacations we were happy to be gone and happy to be back. Now for all the unpacking.......

Barb
Old 08-10-2001, 01:17 PM   #30  

Thanks for the good wishes Barb...holiday sounds good.
Well, I did it, no longer 'pregnant and staying fit' , just trying to get fit.
Baby Leo Benedict arrived 9.56am 6/8 after a very simple and easy section. I cannot imagine why I was so scared!
He weighed in just a fraction under 10lbs, and is beautiful. Small amount of very dark wavy hair, very long, beautiful skin and adorable pout...he's a cherub! Sleeps much of the time, including through wednesday night.
I'm elated...can you tell?
I wish the same for you all...
Only one small hitch, anyone have a cure for sore nipples?
Not weighed in yet...too happy!
Geneve.
Closed Thread