Old 06-12-2006, 10:33 AM   #811  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

let me explain.. by pie I meant draw a pie and make wedges and say if my calories are 1800 leave 1000 for evening and 800 for breakfast lunch and snacks.. like that.. not an actual pie..sorry..kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:46 AM   #812  

Default Monday

Nori: that video was adorable!! Hopefully she'll still want to empty the dishwasher when she's a teenager! My daughter keeps wanting to watch old home videos but I keep putting her off. Maybe the next rainy day!

Kim: My sister lives in Cape May NJ and they sometimes take the ferry over to Delaware to go outlet shopping. I've never gone with them..usually preferring to stay home and read but I'll have to try it sometime.

Sarah: great job on the exercising, you go girl! I went for a bike ride Friday night with DH while the kids were at a birthday party. I probably only did about 3 miles but it was a little hilly. I was really out of breath a couple of times, I need to quit smoking. Yesterday I went for another ride with DD, she did good on the main road. We only went about 2 miles at the most because I had a friend stopping by and had to rush back.

I didn't do great on eating but didn't do horrible. I'm trying to remember....
Saturday:

B: nothing
L: ham sandwich & a few potato chips (split with DD from deli)
D: I can't remember maybe nothing because I ate a late lunch
S: piece of apple pie and some pretzels

Sunday:

B: Bacon & egg on hardroll (yeah, I guess did worse than I thought) but this was B & L combined
D: real small piece of steak, some ziti & green beans
S: pretzels and a handful of trail mix
S: about 2" slice of pie and about 10 milkduds before bed

Now that I read this I realize I should have eaten more often and made better choices. This morning I had Special K, I'm having Lean Cuisine for lunch w/ pretezels & yogurt and tonight it will be left over spaghetti and meatballs. I'm also hoping to do at least a 3 mile bike ride. Maybe I'll get a bike computer so I can track it accurately.

Have a great week. Anybody have some more recipe ideas?

Mo
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #813  

Okay - my exercise is still going well. Saturday I went for a walk/jog combo, and then did Winsor Pilates, the 20 minute one. Sunday was an off day.

Let's talk about what I've eaten today. I don't know what's wrong with me! Breakfast - got 2 donuts from a restaurant here in town called The Jelly Donut. Lunch - got the 2 cheeseburger meal from McDonalds.

GROSS! My body has to be dying from all that saturated fat!!!
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:24 AM   #814  

Default Tuesday

Oh boy, I love donuts!! I really love anything sweet, especially the chocolate donuts with chocolate frosting on them! At least you're still exercising. I did only maybe 2 miles on the bike last night because it was late. I ended up mowing the lawn while DH did more digging for the pool and then there wasn't much daylight left, plus DD fell off her bike twice, she said she's allergic to Mondays.

B: Special K w/strawberries & blueberries
L: Lean Cuisine, pretzels
S: trail mix
D: ziti & meatball
D: piece of apple pie (why didn't I just go to bed without eating this )

DS finished a project for school last night. He read a historical book, Hannibal of Carthage. Then he videotaped DD interviewing himself as Hannibal. It seems so funny to watch it back, he was trying to be dramatic in his answers on his war tactics! I hope the kids at school don't laugh too hard when he plays his video for them!

I took chicken out of the freezer last night so I'll be looking for a new chicken recipe today. I want to find something that is maybe poached or simmered. I tend to dry the chicken out on the grill or undercook it which is even worse.

Do any of you remember how old you were when you got underarm hair? DD said last night she had some and I said no, it's probably just fuzz from your shirt, I went to pull it off and it was hair!!!! I am in shock. She's only just turned 10 last month. Is that early? I was a late bloomer myself so maybe it just seems early to me??? She's quite excited about it, I'd hate for her to have to shave at this age...there's only a little bit there now but I'm sure it won't be long...her leg hair is luckily blondish and not noticeable. I don't know if I can handle this growing up stuff!

Hope everyone has a great day. I wore my sneakers to work today, let's see if I end up walking. A friend at work and I said we were going to start walking last week but her brother passed away and she's been out. I'll try.

Mo
Old 06-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #815  

For the chicken, if you like mexican, do this:

Put the chicken in a casserole dish. Dump half a container of salsa on it, and bake at 375.

It comes out perfect, tender, and oh so yummy! Serve over rice, and it's perfect. You can make some vegetables for a low calorie side, too.

I remember in 4th grade getting made fun of because I started to get underarm hair and wasn't allowed to shave yet. I read an article that girls are maturing even faster these days, so I guess 10 isn't too surprising. It's just heartbreaking to watch our babies grow up!

Good luck on your walk tonight!

My plan for tonight - do Leslie Sansone's Walk & Job, and then the 20 minute Winsor Pilates.

My blood pressure was up last night. I have been forgetting my medicine and my vitamins, add that with all the junk I've been eating, and no wonder. So I'm on a new track today!
Old 06-13-2006, 11:20 AM   #816  

Walk & Job??? LOL I meant Walk & JOG!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 03:26 PM   #817  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6

Mo - I agree with Sarah - 10 sounds normal.

My exercise is going great also. I've been maintaining though for about 2 months now though. Gotta break this. It's not a plateau though. I know why I'm not losing. I'm not being consistantly good with my food. The exercise is easy, but I'm having on average 2 days a week where I don't keep track of my food and eat some junk. I'm onlyx 1/3 of the way to goal weight. not a place to get comfortable.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:52 PM   #818  

Default still Tuesday.....

This day is going so slow. My hip is really sore today. The advil hasn't helped at all. I feel like it's rusted shut. I don't know if I'll be able to walk or ride tonight. I might just buy dinner on the way home, bring DD to piano prax and then go to bed with a heating pad. It's not even a rainy day, I don't know why it's hurting so much

I guess I'll just marinate the chicken and cook it tomorrow night instead. Thanks for the salsa idea.

Mo
Old 06-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #819  

LOL-that's why I love salsa chicken. No prep time. LOL Another thing I've done, and this is high salt, so drink a lot of water if you eat this, is put your chicken in a casserole dish, throw in soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and garlic. It comes out so tender and juicy. No marinating necessary.

Nori - I'm with you. Except I've gained a little, need to get back on track! It's so hard to not get comfortable. I was so happy to be getting into 14s that I just started literally being a pig. I have not been at all choosy about what I stick in my mouth. Leftovers from the kids' plates, drive-thru food, candy, you name it. I have to keep telling myself that I'm worth more than that!!!!

Mo - I hope your hip gets better.

Have a great night everyone!!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:20 PM   #820  

Post I am here

Hello ladies! Sorry that I have not been here. I have not even been on the computer at all. You should of seen my email. Things here are not so hot, but I am trying! I am on a new medication for depression. It helps in alot of ways but seems it hinder others. I have had migraines for 3 straight weeks. The last two days have been headache free. Some of course were a lot worse than others. I have not had any major binges, but that does not mean I have eaten right. No purging! That is the good part. My children are with my Mom for 3 weeks. They are so happy as is she. This is usually the time me and my husband get time together, but then there is the FIL.
I can't promise I will be here every day, but I will try to do better. I am suppose to start counseling. I will go more into that later. I could have lost my job, but my boss has been trying to help me through everything.

MO, You are a little lucky my daughter had underarm hair when she turned 9. She is also growing P---- hair. SHe let me know about that. And it just keeps growing. And she is already in a 36 A. She is only 9 1/2 now.

Nori, A new thread would be cool. We have lost so many people. I know,I know i haven't been here in a couple of weeks. Just shoot me!

Catherine
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:57 PM   #821  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

well I was good all day kept my calories under 1850 ..until I made a choc shake.. hmm i think it may have put me over my max 2000..and I had it at 11 pm..worst time..i feel like throwing up... yuck.. i don't know how many cal i will have to figure it out as it was just half and half, sugar and choc syrup.. in a machine....but i know it oput me over!! so will have to be good tomorrow.. and i was under for the past 2-3 days so it should balance out..
well tomorrow is my own weigh in day..so we'll see.. tom was here so not expecting a loss really...but expect a big loss next week then... ok bye all Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:28 AM   #822  

Default Hump Day!

Hello ladies:

Catherine: Welcome back!!! Wow, your kids are out of school already? I hope the medication stops making you sick. Doesn't it suck some something helps one thing but makes something else worse. Maybe you can do some daytime things with DH. Can your FIL be left alone at all? Everyone says underarm hair is normal at that age, I didn't realize that. My DD refuses to even try on a bra. I remember I couldn't wait to get one. I was jealous of a girl who got one in 5th grade. I guess the hormones in all the food is really making the girls more "formed" at an earlier age.

I'm still bumming about my hip. I tried to go to bed early but of course no one can seem to function without asking me for something at least every 15 minutes so I got some periods of rest but no extra sleep. The hip is still really sore today, I can't figure out why, it hurts even when I'm sitting. I took more advil if that doesn't help I'll have to take a pain killer but they make me jittery. Anyway, as usual, yesterday I ate good for B&L and D went down the tubes.

B: Special K w/ berries
L: Lean Cuisine & WW Keylime pie (huge piece)
D: about a 4" piece stromboli bread, about 10 milk duds, 5 french fries

Nori: I've seen the Firm and the DVDs on sale on craigslist, have you tried looking on that site yet? In my area they had a set for $25. You could look under Seattle if that's your nearest big city. I love that site.

Kim: You're our only new blood! Has anyone thought of a new thread name to attract more "chicks"? Just consider that shake as part of your bonus points.

I never did make it to tanning, maybe I'll do that tonight. I told DH to marinate the chicken this morning so I'll just be grilling tonight. Maybe I'll stop for some veggies and make some veggie skewers to go with it.

Sarah: I went to McDonalds last night for the kids and boy it smelled good! I got stuffed bread at the italian place and ate that which was probably even worse.

Well, I'm off to hobble downstairs and get the mail!

Mo
Old 06-14-2006, 10:42 AM   #823  

Catherine!!! Welcome back. It's great to see you again! It's great to hear no purging! Keep up the great work!!

Kim - great job staying within your calories those days! One day won't set you back too bad at all. Good luck with your date with the scale! Let us know how it goes!

Mo - I sure hope your hip gets better! LOL-I was like you, couldn't WAIT for a bra!! I thought I was very special when I got one.

Nori - hey!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #824  

Default hey

Catherine: I suffered a lot of headaches while I was pregnant and I didn't want to have to take anything so my mother made me a rice sock. She just took one of my dads socks, filled it with dry rice and heated it in the microwave to make it really warm. I would lay it across the back of my neck and soon my headache would be gone. I don't know how well it will work for major migraines but it might help ease some of the pain.

How is everyone? Pretty good here. I started out great yesterday and thought it was gonna be a good day but I quickly fell off the wagon and figured well If I'm gonna screw up I might as well do it royally. Of course I felt guilty later. I've been trying to talk my husband into moving out of state for awhile now and he just won't budge but he informed me that someone wants him to move to Montana to help develop some land and I thought well that would be cool until I realized just where Montana is. We live in the South where it's hot during the summer and the winters aren't that bad. It would be a long long drive to visit family cause I refuse to get on a plane. But it would probably be good for us. We would be forced to do things on our own and not be so dependent on family. This may sound strange but I think it would help with my weight loss cause I wouldn't be able to come to my mothers whenever I wanted. I don't buy junk food like she does. Most of the snack food that I buy is so the boys will have something to snack on and most of it isn't something I crave but my mother always has sweets around her house which is my weakness. Anyway, I doubt it's something we will do but it would be nice to do even if were a temperary move. I would probably like to come back when all the boys are in school.

Hope everyone is doing well
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:17 AM   #825  

Hi Serena! I have a friend who lives in Montana, and she loves it. But she was born and raised there, so it wasn't a big shock when she moved back.

Don't beat yourself up for falling off that wagon every once in a while. Just keep climbing back on. It will make a difference.