Old 01-14-2006, 12:06 AM   #16  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

I'd like to join too please!

My name is Stacye (of course) I'm 37 yrs old, married to G and I have an 11 yr old DSS (darling stepson) ... G and I have been together since 1998 and we own a land surveying company which allows me to work from home most of the days.

I started losing weight in August as sort of a pre-GBS weightloss plan ... I don't think I really wanted to go thru with surgery b/c I ended up challenging myself to a 50 lb weightloss by Jan. 1st ... if I made this challenge then I would no longer consider surgery! Well, I lost 55 lbs by Dec 31st ... so no surgery for me ... Yippie! Oh and my hubby was VERY happy about that too - altho he supported my decision, he was far from being a fan of having it done!

Over the years I've tried just about everything to lose weight ... most resulting in short term success and all resulting in weight GAIN! This time is so different than every time before, it's just a gut feeling I have that I'm going to make it this time! I'm sure y'all know what I'm talking about!
My loss to date has been done the old fashioned way ... eating less and moving more! Whodathunkit!! It actually DOES work! lol
I'm also counting cals ... I've recently 'revamped' my intake to 1600-1800 - which seems to be working ... after a few weeks of being platued, I've lost 5 lbs this week!
My exercise consists of 3 days of 1 hr cardio and 2 days of 30 min cardio which then gives me the weekends off. This is a new plan so I'm anxious to see how things are going to work!

Gosh, sorry for the ramble ... if I don't stop now I'll still be posting tomorrow! I look forward to getting know each of you!

Have a great night!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 06:21 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 301/280/175

Hi Stacye - I just want to say welcome. You have done great so far and trust that gut feeling. Together this time we can all make it. It is funny, but since I feel accountable to those I meet on this site I am keeping on track and doing this.

My husband is out of town a lot - this time he will be gone for a week and half. My thought is to lose five pounds more before he comes back.

Good luck - E
ejb180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:09 AM   #18  

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to 3FC, but I love what I've seen so far & this really seems like a place I can settle into & call home. Here's my deal:

I'm Lori, 34, from Indiana. I'm married to B (34). We have 2 grrlz (15 & 4), and a Yorkie. I work full time managing the business office in a skilled nursing facility. My husband owns a technology company. So we're both out all day, and frantic about getting things done each night & weekend. We've made some incredibly poor health choices over the years, and we're committed to fixing that now.

This week we've made the swap: instead of eating out 5x a week as we had been doing regularly before, we cooked dinner at home 5x this week!

It's baby steps for me, because that's the only way it's going to work long term. If I make all the changes RIGHT NOW, I'll get stressed & things will revert. Can't have that!
pinksh00z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:28 AM   #19  
on my way to HOT !!!

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3

Thumbs up

Hey Ladies

Diva, Lisa, Lori, Sarah, Lori, Erin, Stacye & Katrina !! I am SO excited that you all have decided to join The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style!!

I was so happy to log on this morning (right now as I type this) to find even more Ladies wanting to start this journey and share in it !!

WOOHOO for the weightloss

WOOHOO for the exercise !!

I don't know about all of you, but I find it hard to believe that we are already 14 days into January 2006. I haven't weighed myself yet this weekend, but have designated my personal weigh-in day as Sunday. What all are your plans ? DO you weigh-in once a week, or bi-weekly ?

I would love to get everyone's stats like SW, CW, & GW and create something to keep up with it, and maybe once a week we all get-together and I can post what everyone's been doing ?! That's up to you all of course, just let me know your thoughts, ideas, etc.

As always I am here to ~ ~ I am here to you on ! ~ I am here to say ~ & I am here to give ~ ~ !!

Thanks for helping build such an awesome support group, I feel so blessed to be a part of this !!

Keep on & right !!

Last edited by MommaAshley; 01-14-2006 at 12:17 PM.
MommaAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:03 PM   #20  
kmccann

Hello everyone! Hope your having a great day! So far so good for me. I am taking care of my daughter (11) who has the flu, fun stuff huh! I am glad I finally found a group to get some support from. I think this will give me the kick in the butt I need to get back to it. I always do better with support and someone to share the weight lose with. My husband is not dieting and has no desire to so he could really care less.

Here are my stats:
SW 289
CW 230
Goal 175
I would really love to be 150 but I'm trying to be realistic for myself!

I really want to get the rest of the weight off before July 6th of this year but I would be happy with 31 pounds. My brother is getting married in New York and it will be the first time I will meet most of his girlfriends family. My brother is one of those 6' 3" "skinny" guys and of course his girlfriend is skinny along with her entire family. I inherited the fat genes.

Enough about me. Talk to you guys soon. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!
kmccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:15 PM   #21  
on my way to HOT !!!

Talking

Hi Katrina ~
Congrats on your 59 lbs weight-loss that is just AWESOME !!!

Thanks for sharing your stats, I have already started putting together a roster with everyone's real name, and name on here. I hope that is okay !! I also will only share info like stats etc, if it's okay with all of you, but hey mine are posted in broad daylight !!

Katrina, I am so sorry about your daughter. The flu is NEVER any fun. I hope she recovers quickly. You're a great Mom to take such good care of her !!

I look forward to hearing more about what you're doing and where you're headed !! Have a great weekend !!

~ Elizabeth ~ HT5'3/SW274/CW263/GW150
Old 01-14-2006, 12:45 PM   #22  

Default HI all

I'm joining this thread in hopes to have a more prosperous new year with my weight loss, being around others who need to lose weight I think will be a godsend for me because I am surrounded by those who are perpetually thin. I don't eat healthy at this time and haven't ever found a "diet" that works, but have been on an appetite surpressant for about 3 months and have lost 15 lbs from it. Gained some back over the holidays. My question for anyone who can answer is, have any of you been on Adipex (phentermine) and lost weight, did well on the drug only to feel like it's no longer working? I feel hungrier than I used to on it, so I wonder if the effects diminish over time w/ the drug. ANyone out there used it before or are on any other drugs to combat hunger?
meltingpotmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:23 PM   #23  
Going Hard in the Paint!

S/C/G: 238/238/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm joining in the FUN!!! My name is REDEFINITION and I have 75 pounds to lose My current weight is 235 and my goal weight is 160. I would even go as far as 150, but I think with my large frame, 160 would suit me just fine.

THE PLAN:
(Exercise)
I plan to work out 5-6 days a week by walking for 30-45 minutes on the treadmill. I plan to build up to 60 minutes and eventually start running. I will also add a video in, alternating between Tae Bo and Yoga Booty Ballet.

(Nutrition)
No definite "diet" that I plan to follow. I will simply use portion control. I plan to drink more water, eliminate sodas, reduce my sugar intake (Splenda is my new best friend!), eliminate fried foods, reduce processed foods intake.... I will do my best to eat better.
REDEFINITION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:38 PM   #24  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Hi ladies.

Can I join too? I've been looking for a smaller group to join. I post at the 100 lb club but a smaller group would be nice too!

My name is Ingrid. I'm 39 and a single mom to a 3 1/2 y/o son. I work a full time job as manager of a legal services company.

Between 1/12/04 and 11/10/04 I lost 96 lbs but in the following 13 months I gained back all but 17 lbs. I've been back on track since 1/2/06. My weekly weigh in days are on Monday so I'm hoping to see a good loss. I lost 4 lbs last week and my goal is to lose 2 lbs per week, like before. I'd like to lose 151 lbs from where I am now. I'll be 40 this summer and there is no time like the present right? lol. My weight loss plan is 30 grams of fat or less a day, going down to 20 on days I don't work out and 25 on days I do after I start exercising again, which I plan to do when I lose another 29 lbs. (Until then the strain on my joints is too much. I know this from my last weight loss efforts).

I hope to get to know everyone and help support everyone to their goal.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:43 PM   #25  
Pound by Pound

Happy Saturday Ladies!

Erin :: Thanks for the warm welcome and your words of support - you're doing a GREAT job as well! And you're right ... THIS is THE time that we will not be defeated - we're ALL going to do this! Support means everything!

Lori :: Welcome to 3FC and our little gang of weightloss divas! Making simple changes like not eating out as much is a huge step! Congrats to both of you for making that decision together! Congrats on your loss so far ... what plan are you using?

Elizabeth :: Thanks so much for the welcome and for starting this thread! Hey, I just noticed that we're pretty close in weight - cool! Well, not 'cool' but you know what I mean! So what part of Alabama are ya in?

Katrina :: Aww, here's some and *feel better vibes* for your little girl! Sorry she's all yucky and hope she's feeling better soon! Keep us posted.
Congrats on losing 59 lbs to date ... you're doing AWESOME!

JoAnn :: I think we're all going to really love this group!
Congrats on your loss so far - that's great! As for taking Adipex, I've never taken it, actually I've never heard of it - is it something your doc rx'd? When I was 12 yrs old my mother was using Dexatrim, we had a talk about it and I started taking them too ... Yuk, I hated how they made me feel and b/c of that I've never taken another diet pill. Other than taking the Adipex, are you on any other type of plan (i.e. WW, Calorie Counting)?

Around Here :: Ya know ... I never thought about putting my stats in my siggy - maybe somewhere in the back of my head I was just embarrassed to do so ... well, not anymore ... I'm proud of the progress I've made and they're now there for the world to see!
I'll go ahead and post them here too tho ...

SW ~ 330
CW ~ 269
GW ~ 240 <(~ This is my MINI GW - Once I make this I'll decide how much lower I'll go.

Well, I have a hair appt in about 30 mins so I best get going for now! You girls have a splenterrific Saturday ... be back later to check in!
Old 01-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #26  
Pound by Pound

Had to give a BIG to Redefinition & Ingrid before I left ... I look forward to getting to know you both! oh and Ingrid ... I know exactly what you mean about a smaller group!
Old 01-14-2006, 01:57 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'9

I'd really love to join this group! My name is Katie, my current weight is 175 but I'm not sure what my goal weight should be.. I'm aiming for 155 and then I can go from there. This seems like a great group so far!
Katie Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:38 PM   #28  
kmccann

Hi newbies, glad you all could join us!

On the question about Adipex, I have never really taken a weight loss drug but I have found that with my age (36) and the ups and downs of my weight, a B complex vitamin daily has really revved up my metabolism. I thought it was completely gone until a month after taking it I started loosing again. I think you have to change things every once in a while to get things going again. Hope this might help some of you!
kmccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:24 PM   #29  
on my way to HOT !!!

Talking

Hello to all you wonderful Diva Ladies !!

Wow is all I can say to start off with. I left for a few hours to do some work on my house, go to Lowe's and Walmart and spend some time with my son, Sam and come back and WOWZAS !!!

Erin, Thank you for taking time to be so supportive and just awesome !! I can relate to you since my hubby goes out of town a lot as well. It's hard, but you have the motivation of your son and the thoughts of 3 weddings and Disney to think about. Oh, and I LOVE Sushi - wish you lived closer so we could go get some together !! Thanks for being a part of this group !

Lisa, It sounds like you've got everything planned and ready to lose that weight !! Go girl !! We're here to be your support and encouragement !

Ms. Diva ~ Girl I like your style. Not to mention your avatar. It sounds like you and the BF are on the right track with diet and exercise. Keep it up !!

Sarah, YOU GO for joining WW and exercising. Exercise is one thing I am not exactly fond of, but I am learning to know it's a GOOD thing and ready to bite the bullet !! Thanks for the encouragement !!

Lori (nighthawk), I know being a single Mom keeps you VERY busy plus working. YAY for losing 13 lbs since Jan 1st !! I also like your graduated plan, you're very organized !!

Katrina, WOOHOO for all that you've done so far ! That 59 lb weightloss just speaks for itself right there. Keep it up eating right and exercising !!

Stacye, Ms. Stacye I LOVE your enthusiasm and the fact that you're a fellow Southerner *grin* As far as where I live in AL, North in a town called Gadsden in the STICKS. I was born and raised in B-ham. Keep up that exercise and WOW 55 lbs !!! YAY !!!

Lori - Welcome !! I HIGHLY applaud you not eating out 5 times a week, instead cooking at home 5 times in one week ! WOW I wish I could do that. That's some inspiration right there to do it. KEEP IT UP !!! Sounds like you're on your way !!

Joann, WELCOME WELCOME and I hope you continue doing what you're doing. As far as Adipex or anything like it - I have taken it several times through the years. MY husband had great success w/ it, it makes my heart race so I don't know if I'll take it again.

Redefinition ~ Welcome WELCOME GIRL !! It sounds like you are so vivacious and just ready to conquer the journey ! I am sorry about what was said by your former students, but on a positive YAY for your exercise and diet plan.

Ingrid ~ WELCOME to the group. You're more than welcome to be a part of us, and post away and share ! I can't promise you'll that we'll stay small or big, WHO knows. I look forward to knowing more about you.

Katie ~ WELCOME to the board and Congrats on your already 15 lbs weightloss and I know since you've done that you'll continue to kick butt and be on your weigh !! (No pun intended *grin*)

Okay, well if I've forgotten anyone - feel free to tell me and I will say sorry later. On a personal note, I did go and get my meals for lunch next week at work. I am on this MAJOR Lean Cuisine Kick since I can coun't everything, and maintain the caloric intake I want. Also, LC has the awesome new panini sandwiches that are fantastic.

So Ladies ~ for ALL WE have accomplished ~ to OUR FUTURE together on this journey !!! And for making me feel so blessed to have met each of you !!!

to OUR FUTURE !!!!
Old 01-14-2006, 08:50 PM   #30  

Talking

Hi All,
I am so excited to be part of this group! I think that we'll be a great source of inspiration and encouragement for one another. I am a little overwhelmed at trying to keep everyone straight in my head as I read all the posts but I am sure it will get easier as I get to know you all.

Elizabeth: Thanks for the welcome I think the stats roster is an awsome idea. Mine are SW:213 CW:200 GW:140 HT:5'4"

Redefinition: I am also planning on running my start date for that is Apl 1 when I will start a walk to run program maybe if that fits around your targeted start time we could work together on that. How is that Yoga booty Ballet? I saw it on a infomercial and thought it look interesting.

Other Lori I so hear you on the babystep thing In the past I have always jumped into everthing all at once got overwhelmed and unable to make it past a few weeks so like you I am gradually adding permanant healthy changes to my life.

I can't remember who asked about the weighting in but I weigh myself almost everyday. Sat is my official weighin day so fluxuations during the week don't worry me too much but I have a bit of an anal compulsive side to my nature so I can't stay off the scale for a whole week

Have a great day everyone and I will try to keep up with all the action here

Lori
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote