Old 01-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #16  
soon to be hot momma

WTG Judy and glad you found us ! Heck even I had a hard time finding it LOL have a great week Okay!!! And yes I start a new thread every tuesday that way we dont end up with 10+ pages to go through LOL !!
fatgirlnomore! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #17  

Default wt loss

Hi everyone, Ihave'nt been around because I've been working late this week. I have been keeping up with the exercise, but I think I worked a little to hard because my thigh muscles are so sore. it's been hard to walk up and down the steps without wanting to cry. I weighted in last friday ( my offical weigh at curves) and I was down 3.25 lbs. I'll post my wt on fridays. I'm hoping to enter the 230's this week. Congrats to everyone who has lost, and to those who didn't, don't forget to measure, you might have gained muscle and lost inches So don't beat yourself up, you are doing great. Have a good week
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #18  

Default Thanks

Hey, Judy thanks for the tips. So often newbies are ignored at first. Sorry about the negativitiy yesterday. I was have a stress day. Today was better though and I think that I will be able to start some kind of diet. I know there are a billion out there so do you have any suggestions?h
Bloodbought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 08:05 AM   #19  
soon to be hot momma

Bloodbought<
Diets dont work ! You have to find a way to live for this is for the rest of your life! I use portion control and try to maintain a lower fat diet thats about it tho ! I drink lots of water and I exercise (Ive only gotten serious about exercise in the last month or so) !! Just find somehting that suits you start with small changes dont try to become diet queen and exercise queen all at once you will set yourself up for failure and that leads to go back to old habits try to change little things slowly leading up to the lifestyle you can live with ! HUGGGGGSSS you can do this and we will all support you on your journey!!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #20  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

Default Thanks so much!

Thank you so much, FatgirlNoMore for starting this fabulous challenge. You are so motivating, I have no doubt that with this type of daily support all of us will be much healthier come 2007!!!

I just started eating right and working out on Monday and I found this thread on Tuesday. I am so excited that I am already down 1 pound. It doesn't sound like much and it won't light the world on fire, but hey... it's a start!

One pound at a time, one good habit at a time and a much healthier me come Valentine's Day! Let's do this thing!!!

Starting Weight 165 at 5'7
Current Weight 164 (and dropping )
V-day Goal Weight 156
Ending Goal 130

Last edited by aimin4thin; 01-12-2006 at 04:04 PM.
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #21  
soon to be hot momma

Right attitude!! ANd dropping LOVE THAT !!!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:11 PM   #22  
on my way to HOT !!!

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3

Smile

Hi All !!!
My name is Elizabeth & I am SO excited about joining the 3FC forums !! I have been lurking and reading the threads for a few days, and finally got up the nerves to post. I am 30 yrs old, am married to J, with 2 step-girls ages 6 & 4, and a son 9 MO.. I work FT, and am just TIRED OF BEING FAT !!!

Well one of my BIGGEST resolutions was to lose weight in 2006. Plus my husband gave me a kick butt incentive !!

He told me that if I would lose 75% of my goal weight by November ~ We would go on a 7 day cruise of my choice!! How could I not be willing even more for that WOOHOO !!!

So here's some of what I am doing:

1. Giving up sugar (which I've already done, thank the lord for Splenda)

2. Giving up caffeine & only drinking one soda a day (if that)

3. Exercising at least 30 mins at day (work in progress)

4. Allowing myself only 1250-1300 calories a day ! (currently doing)

WHY do I want to do this ?

1. So I can be around to see my son, my step-daughters and future children grow up and have families.

2. To be more healthy !

3. To look and FEEL sexy

And of course there are a billion more I could put !!

So that's what I am doing. . . I am really TRYING hard and so far I've lost 11 lbs since January 1st!!

LOVING this Challenge !!!
MommaAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:01 PM   #23  

Hi Girls,
I weighed in tonight and am down another 1.4 pounds. Amen! I worked pretty hard with my exercise and I tried the "Wendie Plan" version of WW. (search for the Wendie plan on other threads). On some days I had to make myself eat more then what I would normal. The scale has been stuck for weeks and it is finally down 2.2# since the start of the challenge and for a total of 4#. Maybe I wasn't eating enough- imagine that. Well hope you all have a great weekend and remember to exercise and drink your water.

Christy
ChristyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:13 AM   #24  

Default weigh in

Hi all, I went to bally's tonight and decide to have a fitness assessment and I went down in body fat % form a 44.10 to a 43.9% which is good. I also lost .75lb so I didn't reach my goal this week in crossing over into the 230's but I'm a toe away Have a good wkend ladies and congrats to everyone
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 01:15 AM   #25  

fatgirlnomore,

Thanks for the encouragement and the advice. It has been hard for me to maintain friendships while staying at home with my 14 month old full time so I can use all of the support I can get. I feel really good about this thread because I can tell that everyone really cares how the others are doing. I haven't set any goals and am still getting used to the forum, so bear with me and soon I will post my goals and weight scale thing. Glad to hear of the others weight loss....keep up the good work.
Bloodbought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:41 AM   #26  
soon to be hot momma

Exclamation Its Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Not that this matters much to me cause I work all weekend! LOL I hope this finds everyone sticking to their goals and working hard! After my morning exercise I will have logged 5 hours of exercise which I am proud of and hopefully by Monday I will have 7 hrs! This is a diffucult journey right now the closer I get to goal the more diffucult it is becoming ! I have never worked out like this and I mean never at the most it was like a half an hour a day ! I am a little at odds with the whole diet exercise process right now and feel like diving into a big cheesecake ! I wont because that will only put me further behind and I will have to work that much harder to get where I want to be! There is nothing that will stop me from doing that NOTHING!!! I will exercise and I will eat properly !! The scale is not budgging and I am frustrated I know that I am not doing anything that I shouldnt be so I dont understand ! I will not give the little metal box the pleasure of making me over eat and the pleasure of derailing my efforts! It will also not control my moods and emotions it really doesnt deserve that much! after all it is only a number ! Hugs to all and remeber treat the weekend like you would any other day and you should be just fine I will see you all on Tuesday! Dont forget that I will start a new thread on Tuesday same name WI 3 tho k HUGGGSS Cya soon!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:15 AM   #27  
Losing it for a 2nd time

Hello Everyone, I am from FL and I would love to join your challenge if that would be ok
I would need to lose about 9 lbs before Valentines Day.
I fairly new to WW and have enjoyed the things I have learned and tips I get from all of the wonderful women here on the forum. Keep up the great work everyone and I look forward to sharing success on Valentines Day!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 10:38 AM   #28  
soon to be hot momma

Of course youre welcome to join!!! WW is a great program!!! GOod luck!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #29  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

Default Stay Strong FGNM!!!

Ugggghhh, the dreaded plateau...it is every dieting woman's nightmare, isn't it? You eat right, you exercise so shouldn't the scale be going down. Hopefully this will make you feel better.

For two months I upped the ante on my workouts, lived on all manner of grapefruit and tuna combinations, drank enough water to capsize a yacht and alas...the scale hovered between 150 and 151. (Oh to have that problem now that I am up at 164 ) I was only able to bust it by confusing my body.

For three days and three days only, I allowed myself modest portions of the foods I loved like nachos, pizza, and yes...even chocolate. I changed my heavy aerobics to strength training and pilates and promised not to touch the scale for two weeks. Low and behold, I dropped a full seven pounds thusly busting my plateau.

Now I am not advocating that you should plunge into a carbohydrate and fat-laden purgatory of sorts for a weekend sabatical, but if the scale is stuck, you have to shake things up a bit. Kick it up a notch as Emerill Lagasse would say- although I am not trying to watch a lot of him these days

Best of luck to you sweetie! I know you can do it and your friends here at 3FC will be with you every step of the way!!!

SW 165
CW 164 (and plummeting)
Vday Goal 156
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:14 AM   #30  
soon to be hot momma

Thanks aimin youve given me the little boost I needed today!!!! I wont go crazy promise but I may have a little extra!!!HUGGGGS Thank you !!!