Old 01-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #16  
IowaChic

I would like to join this challenge. I need to lose about 9 lbs by V-day to meet the 5% goal. I am in desperate need to lose weight. The holidays really kicked my butt.
Iowachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 193.5/ 193.5 / 141

Height: 5'3

Hey Ladies fatgirlnomore, Yvette and all the new members yeah. Well I had a great Christmas and New Year but I went to step on the scale yesterday and it broke I really now think it has been broken for some time now cause it was crazy( the readings ). So I went and got a digital scale and man it was a wake up call. I got on yesterday for the first time I am not 177 I am 182 well either that means I gained 5 pounds over Christmas which I don't really see happening cause I watched what I ate, or the old scale was broken in the first place. So I am with you on the challenge and you are right this year is A NEW YEAR FOR ALL TO SHINE. I am really excited about this challenge and I will need to lose 10 pounds. So count me in, I am ready for a new me in 2006 !! And I ain't going back, moving forward. Well I am so excited we have lots of new people that's great Welcome ALL !! Talk to you later
Stacey
Stayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:38 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hi all,

I think my treat will be either a pedicure or massage. That will feel wonderful after all the working out.

Quick question, will we be posting our excersise daily, weekly, or just weighing in on Tuesdays? I like the idea of the weekend pep talk! I will definitely need that.

I worked out last night, doing weights for 1 hour and a half. Then, today wanted to stop for fast food, but thought about the challenge, and didn't do it! So it really does help to join these groups, to have someone to be accountable to when our willpower runs out! You go girls!
Lainey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:14 PM   #19  
determined to lose

Default I want to do this challenge too

This is my first day here on this website but I want to do the Valentines day challenge too. I need to lose 16 pounds to do the 5% body weight.

Lifetime Highest weight 345
Weight on 12-30-05 304
Weight on 01-03-05 301.5

I joined the new gym by my house and am using their scales. So far I have worked out twice. But I plan to go tomorrow.

I am doing the South Beach Diet with my mom.
garnetfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #20  

I would like to do this challenge, too. In order to lose 5% body weight, I would have to lose 8 pounds by Valentine's Day. I am definitely up for this challenge! I love challenges, they motivate me to push myself and stick to things!

CHALLENGE START WEIGHT: 164 pounds
CHALLENGE GOAL WEIGHT: 156 pounds
erikatheloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:08 PM   #21  

Default I'm in!

Im would love to join this challenge. I just finished watching the biggest loser family edition, and I was amazed at how they lost so much wt. after only 6 months. I weighed myself today and I'm down 3lbs I offically weigh in on tuesday at curves, with measurements as well. I'll be working out a little harder over the next couple of days to see if I can lose atleast 3 more lbs. It's been along time since I've seen the 230's. Wish me luck. Oh!, my goal for valentine's day is 12.5lbs.( I hope to exceed that ) I check in tomorrow. Good luck everyone!
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:39 AM   #22  

hey guys count me in .... i have to lose 13 lbs but i wanna lose more
sw260
valentines goal 247
nmh6901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:03 AM   #23  

Default i'm in!

i'm new here too, and i think this will give me something to focus on...great idea! my husband and i are both trying to lose weight..we are just cutting calories right now. i think we might try rewarding whoever loses the most weight each week with a dvd or a video game....anybody have any other ideas for motivation? maybe i should put a bikini picture on the wall pre-pregnacy...
modest_meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:39 AM   #24  

Id like to join the challenge as well. I have to loose 8.5 pounds in order to loose 5% but I hope to exceed 8.5 pounds So count me in
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:12 AM   #25  

Yup - I'm in -- I think mine works out to 11 pounds -- I'm not very good at converting.

So -- currently 100kilos
Valentines weight 95kilos (11 pounds?)
Kiwifruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:03 AM   #26  

I'm in! That would be losing 17 lbs for me.

RandomCleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:20 PM   #27  

Talking

Hey Girls!
Glad to see so many people getting in on the challenge. I weigh in tonight at WW- so we'll see. I have been following the program to a "T" and working out. I am also taking KRAV MAGA- it is a self-defense style martial art that kicks my butt. Last night my instructor doubly kicked our butts with extra conditioning prior to practicing techniques, so that better help the cause!

Hope you all have a good day and I will let you know what the scale says later.

Last edited by ChristyK!; 01-05-2006 at 12:28 PM.
ChristyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:15 PM   #28  
soon to be hot momma

Exclamation What a response WOOHOO

Welcome to all and good luck to all !!
Stacy ,hun it is just a new starting point dont get down on yourself its not like youve gained that weight !! Damned scales! You didnt over eat to gain it just bought a new scale ! You can do this you have the drive and will power to succede at this I know you do !!!

Lainey Feel free to post whenever you would like there are no set rules if you need advice ask , if ya wanna toot your horn do so !! Thats why we have this wonderfull site for all the support and encouragment a girl could need!!!

HUGGGGSS Ladies I will see you tommorow for a little pep talk!!!
fatgirlnomore! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #29  

Location: In the great state of Iowa long the Mississippi River

S/C/G: 285.0/285/180.0

Height: 5'10

Default Would like to join too...

Hi! My name is Lori and i would love to be apart of the Valentine's Day Challenge. I weighed myself on 1-3-06 and I about fell over!!! 270lbs!! That is the heaviest i have ever been & ever will be. I am back to following Weight Watchers and exercising again. i know that i can make my goal this time and I know that all of you wonderful ladies can as well!!! I am working on setting my "treat" for when the Challenge is over. I am considering either a massage or a facial.
Here's to a thinner tomorrow!!!
Lori
Starting Weight 270lbs
Valentine's Day Challenge goal weight 256lbs.
mommapossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:22 PM   #30  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

i think this is the motivation i need to keep me going in the beginning of my battle! i'm in. 204 now, need to lose 10.2 lbs for this challenge. i can do it!!
jas80 is offline   Reply With Quote