PIC ~ Partners in Crime 2006 - Page 5 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 08:52 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey gals,
quick check in before work. Just wanted to say hi and keep up the motivation. We can do it. I made a yummy chili last night so I could have it for the next couple of days for lunch. I brought it with and some fruit so no temtations. Plus I'm totally broke so I can't really go out to eat or anything.
ttyl
Jennie
Old 01-04-2006, 10:12 AM   #62  
Linux Lady

Curly.....I'm hangin' in there, thanks for asking. I am stuck again, but you are a good example for me. That scale has to move eventually, especially if I get my act together. I am getting back out for my walks again. I didn't get them in much over the holidays. I also went over 1200 calories some days.

The news around here is that my dishwasher died. [Yes I do know how to do them by hand]!

I can't decide whether to watch figure skating or TBL tonight.

zoey
Old 01-04-2006, 12:58 PM   #63  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

sorry to post this on this thread,but its the only one i could get to,alot of times when i sign on this site,the button ys "new posts" or whatever it actually says,won't show up,i can't get into the board to see the new stuff wrote.it drives me crazy.i will have to sign out and come back over and over about 4 or 5 times before it will show up.if anyone knows how to fix this or to forward this message to someone who can help me i really appreciate it.i hate not being able to read posts.thank you
Old 01-04-2006, 02:02 PM   #64  

Curly congrats on the loss! Hopefully now you're unstuck!!!

I just got back from curves and I'm upset because again the employee there was smoking. They have a room thats right next to the workout area that she does it in. She lights a candle and thinks no one notices. I can't stand smelling, breathing smoke when I'm working out.

I'm starting to think I might want to move to another club. The smoking thing is really getting on my nerves. Plus I'm feeling like I might get a better workout somewhere else. My heart rate just isn't getting up where it should and I'm working as hard as I can there but the machines aren't adjustable.

Charlie I'm not sure how to help you. Sorry, hopefully someone else can understand whats going on.

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 01-04-2006, 02:10 PM   #65  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

thanks val,i apprciate it,this time it worked first time,next time i am shure it won't.i have heard alot of women persoanlly say that they don't get a good workout at curves,they all say that their equipment gives them too light of a workout for them,and they feel its just not really doing anything for them.i have never been there myself.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:16 PM   #66  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Hi PIC's, I'm home!

Happy New Year to you all!

Colorado is absolutely breathtaking (literally, lol)... but I am so happy to be home at sea level, and with some humidity Lee's DB & SIL played at a Contra Dance for NYE, so we went too. It was sure a lot more fun than watching fireworks on TV LOL. His Dad's 90th birthday party went awesome. The first time in about 35 years all his son's have been together. I Got a couple really nice family photos to send to him .

OK, I think I personally did ok as far as my weight goes. I'll find out tonight when I hit my meeting. My choices weren't always so great, but I did keep portions under control and I think that counts for something. Now, is the new year, and I'm starting clean and fresh. I have my gym gift certificate and told lee this morning if I use it for this month, & am using it regularly (3-5 time week minimum) then we will have to find a way to afford for me to continue. With you guys, my WW group, and the gym- I will have to be accountable, and probably successful too, right?

WOW! Look at all these new names! Welcome to you all. I'll have to get to know you. LOL, don't miss a week or you fall so far behind in posts that it seems impossible to catch up! (which I am going to attempt today )

Everyone sounds like you're all doing well.

Congrats on that scale finally moving Curly! a big WooooHOOOOOOOO to you!

Val~ Sounds like you're ready to move on to a different club. I didn't realize there was any public building in the US (outside of Las Vegas) where one could still smoke indoors. Would it help to say something to management about it being a health club etc?? Does it also bother other paying clients? I think that's absolutely ridiculous. I'd write to the Curves HQ. *nods* P.S. Good job on your weigh in too

TLB~ Nice to see you again! Are you finding more time for YOU in the new year? It looks like you're doing well too.

Jennie~ I was wondering where you disappeard to. I'm so happy to see you posting again! Lets get this program going again. Are you still doing Core? ( I think that was you.. hmmmmm.) Anyhoooo.. WB

Petra~ How's your book (or paper?) coming along? I love you're new pic with you and The Boys! I've missed your lil pep talks. Yes I am the major Diet Seeker, but am settling down now to give my (modified) WW program a fair shake. I've put my 4 corners book away, altho I will refer to it from time to time. hehe.. incorrigible me.

Zoey~ Hey there! I haven't used my dishwasher for 4 years now and it works fine. LMAO, my most hated chore since I can ever remember was emptying it, so I just wash by hand and then I don't have to worry about it lol. Good luck to you and hopefully we'll be seeing your scale move down soon!

Charliekay, Beatlesfan~ Welcome once again! Isn't it great to have a place where people understand you, and help you thru places when you don't know where to go, and you can help someone else in return. What a great feeling huh? Hope to see you often

OK, Time to put away the suitcase, and pack the gym bag

a HUGE to you all, and I will TTYL!!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 04:08 PM   #67  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

welcome back dee!!
Old 01-04-2006, 05:08 PM   #68  
Remember Why I'm Here

ok... I'm reviewing LOL..

Thanks for the wellwishes getting out of here last week. It was an adventure but I found out there is a way off this coast that I don't get motion-sick lmao. It's a bit out of the way, but another beautiful Drive! Getting home yesterday was fun too lol. Val, You weren't kidding about the Denver Airport. the checkin line was somewhere around 1/4 mile long, and security wasn't much shorter. We barley made the flight..... But WE MADE IT!!!!! YAYYYYY! The cat's have finally forgiven us. LMAO Clyde wouldn't get out of the middle of us sleeping last nite. I didn't sleep well cuz I kept feeling we were gonna squish him .

Gwena~ Nice to meetchya

Petra~ Heh, I was going to ask you if you'd read the Sonoma Diet. I saw it adveritised, then read the book jacket at the airport. Just wondered what your take on it was. And NO I'm not looking to change diets heheheheh... just curious I'm really glad to hear Kobe is ok! You must have been so worried, but at least you know what the cause was now, and it won't happen again.

Trudei~ Hi Hope to see you post often!

Charliekay~ Hi! Welcome aboard. I'd LOVE a puppy. LOL. It's all I can talk about sometimes. But I have a 16 yo cat that wouldn't appreciate it. After she's gone, I'll seriously think about getting one. My big Moose-cat needs a playmate

WoooHOOOOO new thread!!! Happy New Year to all my PIC's

Val~ I'm glad to hear your back was ok and you got to go to the show! Who was playing? Anyone I might have heard of? LOL, since I moved out of Seattle to this barren country I don't get to hear any good music anymore.. I live it all thru friends.

AngelEyes~ Happy New Year! LOL at the puffy jackets.

Maysmav~ Welcome! hehehe a bit late, but better late than never, right? Congrats for making it here.

Zoey~ 47 years! Congratulations to you both! My parents would have been married 47 yrs 12/27 if mom were still here. She did admit, that they had an "inkling" I was around for the wedding lol...

Thanks Curly. It's great to be back

ttyl again all! ~*Dee*~
Old 01-04-2006, 05:19 PM   #69  

((((Dee)))) welcome back!

Sounds like you had a nice trip. Boy I really hate that Denver airport

I went to see Umphreys Mcgee & Keller Williams. It was sold out at 4500 people.

We're the same weight right now!
Old 01-04-2006, 06:14 PM   #70  
Remember Why I'm Here

Default Change Doesn't Come in a Straight Line

I read this article from our local newspaper on the plane. I made Lee save this page lmao. He doesn't save anything, but here it is, straight from his suitcase. I contemplated, and I know where I am. I don't agree with the 6th stage. I don't think we can ever 'terminate' our program. But then again, I've never gotten to that stage before, so I could be wrong lol *~DEE~*

By Marilynn C. Preston

Change is not a linear process. Very often, it's two steps forward, one step back. Research shows that only one in five of us succeeds the first time we set out to make a change in our life. Smokers average three or four "failures" before they successfully quit.
It's helpful to know that change does not happen in a straight line because it allows us to forgive ourselves for relapses. We fall down, and we get up. We fall down again, and we get up again. Accept it, and keep moving. I suggest you see change not as a straight line but a spiral.
DEVELOP A PLAN. If you want to succeed at making change, you have to have a plan, a strategy. And the strategy should be informed by your understanding of the now-classic "stages of change" theory for Dr. James Prochaska, author of "Changing For Good." Here's a brief summary of his steps:

1: PRECONTEMPLATION. Stage 1 is characterized by a state of denial. (No one said this would be easy.) When you're in denial, you don't even see the problem, let alone the solution. So what if you resist exercise, pile on the junk food, and don't get enough sleep? Others may nag you about changing your habits, but lasting change has to come from your own needs and desires. The only way out of this stage is to truly and deeply desire to change the behavior.

2.CONTEMPLATION. In this stage, you are actively thinking about changing. You talk about it. You may even dream about it. You are weighing the pros and cons, but you're not ready to take action. Why not? Because it's not the right time, you tell yourself. Change will be too painful, too unpleasant. To help move past this stage, step outside of the thinking mind that is projecting misery and grief. Don't go there. Stay in the moment, and focus on the fact that you are free to change, step by step, and shift your focus to the solution.

3. PREPARATION. In this stage, you develop a wise and realistic plan of action. Changing your behavior becomes top priority. You write your exercise sessions into your calendar. You sign up for yoga class. You feel joy, not guilt. Procrastination is over. You are ready to take action.

4. ACTION. Preperation is over. Action has begun. You are in the gym 3-5 times a week. You are eating more veggies, more fruits, and sensible portions of real food that is tasty and healthy. This stage requires a genuine commitment of time and energy, but the payoff is terrific. You feel better- more in control. The trick is to sustain this new behavior until it becomes a habit.

5. MAINTENANCE. This stage is all about preventing relapse. It's time to solidify your new lifestyle, to be vigilant, and to avoid backsliding. You need to feel strong at the core and certain of success. Again, it's important not to let your mind dwell in the past or project into the future. Just stay in the everyday now of your success.

6. TERMINATION. This is a welcome stage because it signifies that your old habit is dead and gone and your new, healthier one is firmly in place.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

It's nice to meet you too Dee!

We were so busy at work today it was great! I spent a little over 5 hours walking non-stop and lifting. I'm guestimating the average amount of books picked up per student was around 15 pounds. Some had less, but a lot of them had more! I was supposed to take my lunch at 1pm, but I couldn't wait and had to have a snack at noon.

I was really dreading working book pick up because of my weight and height, but I actually had a lot of fun!
Old 01-04-2006, 07:42 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Dee-great to have you home. I think those stages are really written for people who are giving up things like smoking, drinking, drugs, etc. However, I'm not sure I can explain this well but there does come a point in this process too where you know in your heart that you aren't going to go back. Something sort of "clicks" for you. I think that is what he is talking about. I've also described it as an almost religious conversion experience. I'm about as certain as I can be that this is my last time.

Curly-I'm so happy your scale finally moved. It's about time. BTW, I had 126 grams of protein today. I also had almost 2000 calories though.

Val-I can't believe someone would be smoking in your health club. I imagine that if management knew that they would fire her.

I did my sloooow burn tonight. I had some sudden dramatic improvements in strength in some muscle groups which was surprising but I guess that is what is supposed to happen. I'm halfway through my personal training sessions.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #73  
Staying in 1derland!

i had 1147 calories and 103 gms protein BUT i had 90 carbs
Old 01-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

Dee - we went over those steps in psychology class last semester. Very interesting.

Curly - how many carbs are you aiming for?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #75  
Staying in 1derland!

i usually try to stay @ 40 -60

hmm this is interesting.. if u have insulin resistance or diabetes they say u should have a 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon per day and it will help u lose weight and bring your blood suagr down..

oh petra check out this zooba site great deals on books!
Closed Thread