Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 07:21 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Food Journal for today. I'm way over on carbs and way under on calories. How did that happen? Reading that Sonoma book got me wanting oatmeal is how that happened. I figure if it screws me up, I won't cook anymore of them until I get to goal and can afford the carbs.

B: 1/2 cup steel cut oats, lemon yogurt protein smoothie, cappucino with carb countdown milk
L: Huge salad
D:4 oz. marinated flank steak, 1/2 grapefruit
S: 1 tbsp. cashew butter
Totals: 1119 Calories, 63 net carbs, 14 fiber, 82 protein.

How's that Protein Power book coming TLB?

Holy cow May! 90 lbs! You should be giving us advice!

Kobe will be 100% back to regular dog food starting tomorrow thank goodness. Thanks for asking. He's still on some antibiotics.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:43 PM   #32  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Petra ~ the book is going well. I haven't had a chance to read much of it, but did what they suggested and read the "bottom line" of each section to give me a good overview.

Can you just confirm for me if I am on the right track and understand what I have read so far...

Protein - based on your height/weight there is a minimum amount of protein to be consumed three times a day. Is there a maximum ? For instance I am at 40 g of protein per meal..so is my max 120 ?

Carbs - 7 to 10 net carbs per meal to a maximum of 40 per day and to calculate a net carb you take the total carbs and subtract the fiber.

Fats - should be limited to the "good fats" as described in the book.

Calories - is there a min/max ? I don't recall reading anything about calories.

Thanks Petra !!

oh... any good websites you can recommend ? You can PM if you like with those.

Thanks your low-carb protege
Old 01-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #33  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

that amount of protein and carbs you said sounds like what i am on,i have to get 130 protein a day and 40 carbs.i can't go over or i won't lose as fast. i am on herbalife high protein program
Old 01-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #34  

There is no maximum on the protein. You have the carbs right. They have no prohibition on saturated fat so don't get too hung up on the fat stuff other than avoiding trans fat. Of course, eating sardines is always a good idea. You do like sardines, don't you? Don't know if you read that part of the book yet.

The official PP website got hacked back in September and they are using a yahoo group in the meantime. There is an unofficial site but I'm not allowed to post links....... you know how it is.

BTW, I am the only physician on this site or at least the only one who admits to being a physician?
Old 01-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

Congrats Val!

Petra I'm glad Kobe is doing better. Didn't know you were a physician, cool!

I live in BFE so I'll have to scope out the protein powder in this area.

My IBS is out of control right now. I hope it's just do to stress.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #36  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Thanks Petra !! hmm... sardines, must have missed that tidbit of information

to all the partners ~ in the first post for this thread I have added a link to our thread from 2005. Just in case you want to look back for something, that will make it easier
Old 01-02-2006, 09:50 PM   #37  

Hi PIC's! Thanks for the congrats! It's great to see my weight dropping! I just love to change my ticker on Mondays!

Monday, January 02, 2006

B: Zone Bar (210)
L: ½ cup eggbeater, 1 slice LF cheese, 1 slice rye w/LC cheese wedge (205)
S: 2 slices low carb bread, 1 LC cheese wedge (105)
S: No pudge Sundae cone (100)
D Tuna fruit salad with strawberries, blueberries & mandarin oranges (260)
D: Romaine Salad w/ thousand island light dressing (60)
S: No pudge cookies & cream bar (100)
S: 1 cup Okra, 1 slice LF provolone (125)
S: 2 slices NF cheese on low carb bread, strawberries (210)

Calories 1291
Exercise 75 minutes Tae Bo

Last edited by Valerie Joy; 01-02-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:47 AM   #38  
Linux Lady

Default Deerod and Turtle?

Has anyone heard from deerod or turtle? I wish that they would come back.

lindsey86, I think that I forgot you when I was greeting the new PICs. Sorry about that!

zoey
Old 01-03-2006, 07:35 AM   #39  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

back to work today! this morning i got out my new thin soft long johns and put them on then added some sweat pants and a hooded sweat shirt... and headed out

it really is awesome walking in the morning before everyone gets moving around.. quiet & peaceful 2miles today and working my way back up to the 3 i was doing everyday before... so i can get to 220 and switch to running..

thats my plan of attack!! lol

time to buckle down and get the scale to move down a lil faster..

ok time to go get my secretary garb on... work till 5 and then go do my circuit training thingy....

i also made a resolution to make use of the gazelle that has sat proped up against the wall since october.. so the new rule is if i wanna watch tv i have to be on the gazelle..

(lucky for me i dont watch much tv) hahaha

have a great day pic's
Old 01-03-2006, 07:48 AM   #40  

Val-congrats on your 2 lbs. You seem to have the right combination of something!

It appears the oatmeal didn't bother me too much. My scale was smiling at me this morning. If this keeps up, I should have a loss to report at the end of the week. Those steel cut oats take too long to cook to make them a regular habit anyway.

I'm reading this book for a prayer group I belong to at church. It was written by a Benedictine monk. There was this passage last night that really jumped out at me and seemed to apply to this setting. He is actually talking about spiritual seekers who jump from one tradition to another looking for truth rather than focusing in on one tradition long enough to find out what it really has to offer. He says "....only if we systematically work at one path can the path take us anywhere." How true! In this journey and many others. Too bad Dee isn't here to read that. She is our biggest "diet seeker"
Old 01-03-2006, 08:59 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

Well today comes my first test of willpower... leaving the house. I still have no appetite in the am, but today I've eaten about 1/4 cup of oatmeal with a tsp of splenda and a 1/2 tsp of vanilla. I should do fine at work, but only because I have no spending cash! I packed a nice lunch and am praying for a smooth day.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:07 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies,
Happy Holidays. I'm back!!! Well the holidays hit me hard. I don't know what happened, I lost sight of my goal and my journey and fell off the wagon. I was really down on my self for gaining but then I thought, if I hadn't been losing for this past year, where would I be? I wouldn't have lost and I probably would have gained more that I did. I bet I would be really heavy. So I put my self back in perspective and am back on course. As I sit here eating my oatmeal and feeling sore from my workout, I am committing to my self to do this! I stocked my kitchen with core food. I am not going to go out to eat for at least 2 weeks(that is what ussually gets me) and I am getting back on my constant excersise schedule.
Wow there are so many new people. A few of us oldies, how is everyone else? I saw curley, angel, petra, val, teb, zoey, but are dee, lisa, turtle, l2l, mom,or any one else still checking in?
I still dont' have computer time like I used to but I am going to try and keep up with you all. I definatly do better when I come and get some motivation.
Have a great day.
Jennie
Old 01-03-2006, 09:40 AM   #43  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

hey jennie! the true test is getting back OP .. and sounds like u are doing great getting things back in order! don't fret over it... consider it a program vacation........

VACATION IS OVER!!! lol
Old 01-03-2006, 09:54 AM   #44  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

morning all.i tried working out today,but i keep getting a sharp pain in my left side of my stomach,ouch!!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:44 PM   #45  

Welcome back Jennie. Doesn't look like you did too much damage over the holidays. Just get back on the wagon and don't look back.

Charlie-I suspect that pain is some muscles just fatiguing if you aren't used to exercising and that should get better as you build up some endurance. If not, you should have it checked out.
Closed Thread