Old 01-07-2006, 03:04 AM   #91  

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetfairy
I am so glad to find people who also need to lose at least 100 pounds. I really have trouble sympathising with the 20 or 15 pound group. I am sure that it is just as hard for them as it is for us, but Puhleeze, I am too envious for words! ha ha ha
Hehe, but Garnetfairy, don't be too envious--losing that last 20 pounds is the hardest. Hopefully, that will soon be our problem too!
fourwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #92  
Lois

Smile

Hey just checking in. Hope everyone is having a good weekend ...staying motivated and keeping up all the good work. I am working on getting more water in. It's all I drink and on occasion I have tea or coffee. I just don't drink enough of it most days. I haven't gotten that workout in yet, but the day is not over with! I'll check back later.

Last edited by ladylane06; 01-07-2006 at 03:34 PM.
ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:35 PM   #93  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

I've discovered a strange thing - I've started getting headaches much more often now I've started my diet - pretty much every day.

I never used to get headaches.

Has anyone else noticed this?

And I'm not even back at work yet!!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:52 PM   #94  

Good Saturday to everyone! Comp is still on the blink so I dug out the OLD dinasour...

Only a quick post for now as I'm not having a good day. I want to eat eveything in sight, and where my scales had me down 4 pounds total since beginning to seriously change eating and activity, today shows 2 pounds back. Makes me discouraged, which brings on the compulsion to eat. Even sitting here makes me want food. Hormones maybe??? I need to clean house or something. So now after a week, I'm back to only a 2 pound loss...

Snowman idea sounds like lots of fun. The rate I'm going I'll only add a flake or two...

Headaches do seem worse when beginning a change in eating habits, I hope you are feeling much better soon!

Later all... I'm kinda blue today. Maybe I'll exercise a bit then find a good comedy movie to curl up with along with some low-fat popcorn.
1FatHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:10 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FatHen
Only a quick post for now as I'm not having a good day. I want to eat eveything in sight, and where my scales had me down 4 pounds total since beginning to seriously change eating and activity, today shows 2 pounds back. Makes me discouraged, which brings on the compulsion to eat. Even sitting here makes me want food. Hormones maybe??? I need to clean house or something. So now after a week, I'm back to only a 2 pound loss...
Muscle gain, perhaps? Or perhaps your body is like mine: when I'm losing weight, the scale tends to bounce around for a few days before finally settling down on a lower number. Maybe in a couple days, your weight will be back down.

The way I see it, as long as you're exercising and eating better, you can only be on the right track. Hang in there!
fourwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:32 PM   #96  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FatHen
Headaches do seem worse when beginning a change in eating habits, I hope you are feeling much better soon!

Thanks - good old Ibuprofen does the trick every time.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:46 PM   #97  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Day six

Hello girls!

Sheila, don't get down about your scale sightings. It's probably fluctuation, this time I'm not kidding. I am not moving anywhere these past couple of days either. Thursday I was down 6.5, Friday down 0.5 and today....NOTHING! I feel pretty bad about that myself, but the main thing is to keep your eye on the prize at the end of all of this (meaning being HOT!)

CBETA, way to go on your loss! Keep up the healthy eating and exercise. Also, thank you for the great compliment. To think I could remind you of some pretty, skinny actress is surreal! Maybe if you said Delta Burke I'd believe you! hahahaha

Kespinoza, yes we are all in the same boat! We have no other choice but to lose weight, because if we don't we'll soon sink it! haha

Cheryl, congrats on weight loss! It's nice to see everyone moving along! I love Olive Garden!

Lois, hope you find time to fit in that workout. I'm struggling to get the water down too today. I basically just started. Besides a few gulps after exercise, and a glass at lunch. Like you said, the night isn't over!

Robsia, if you were into a lot of sugar before, you're body could be going thru withdrawl. I guess a detoxicfication...I went thru a CHOCOLATE one. Boy, it's bad. Hope you feel better soon.

Today isn't so bad, started off great. Good breakfast, first exercise of the day is over. Like I said, a ways to go with my water to get it finished. About to have fish for supper. Hope that turns out well. My stomach isn't feeling like it wants health today! But I got to keep going with the plan, or I will never get anywhere. Hopefully tomorrow there will be some change in the numbers, just not UP. I feel more excited and motivated. I just bought a ball at Walmart (about the size of a grapefruit), it weighs 5lbs. There are great exercises that comes with it to tone. I think it was an awesome buy for $8. We'll see how that works out too.

I'll check back later to see how everyone is doing. I hope you're all hanging in there and having a healthy day!

~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:15 PM   #98  

Thumbs up Need to lose 100 too

I'm right here with you ladies. I'm going to lose a little over a hundred pounds ....maybe more. Never know eh? lol

Anyway, I read the entire thread and its nice to so many people helping eachother out. I really look forward to losing this with all of you.
DragonTush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #99  

Hello everyone *waves*

I just joined this website today, and I'm so excited to have found so many wonderful people!

I have about 100 pounds to lose, and if I could do it all this year that would be amazing! But I'd really need a support group for that!
Less_of_Me_to_Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:26 PM   #100  

hello hope everyone is healthy and doing well. im so glad we have each other to talk to . i find my self coming here and reading these message and i think its really helping. im old and not good with the computer so any help would be very welcomed. ive been trying to get that weight loss tracker but cant.day two back on wt. watchers going well. keeping track of pts. thank you everyone.
kespinoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:33 PM   #101  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Well, guys I busted again today. Not as horrendously as I could've, but I busted! We went to Fire Mountain (equivalent to Ryans). I did pretty good on my real food. I had a chicken breast (baked, skinless), green beans, cabbage, a little meatloaf and a little chicken pot pie (believe it or not, their pot pie is only something like 3 points per cup. I had about 1/2 C or less). Then I had a piece of carrot cake!! Big Bust! Then we had a get together at my in laws. I was fine until I decided to be social at the dinner table with everyone...where the food was. I had a small handfull of chips and french onion dip, then I had probably 1/2 C. of peach cobbler. I know how the cobbler was made and don't think it's just terrible, but I'm afraid to add it up. Especially after lunch! I'm eating nothing else today though.
Please say special prayers for me for tomorrow. We're maybe going out to eat with a couple after church. The place we're going to has good ole southern soul food cookin'. We're talking fried cornbread, dressing, ham, mashed potatoes....Pray that I'll be strong. I'm gonna be prayin' in church tomorrow!! I want to be good, but you know how hungry you get after church!! Maybe if everyone prays..........
Robsia, my doctor told me that in the mornings if you wake up with that headache (I do) then it's your blood sugar and you should eat something or drink OJ. I have them pretty severely sometimes. I'm not diabetic, just have low blood sugar sometimes. That's why low carb isn't an option for me. Mine are as severe as migraines (debilitating) at times if I let them go too long. Caffiene can also do that to you. Cokes have a lot of caffiene...even diet cokes. I've learned recently that even diet coke has like 3x the amount of caffiene as coffee. Withdrawal from that is enough to cause a major headache. Better to be addicted to caffiene than nicotene or illegal drugs or alcohol, though, I suppose.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #102  

Hey everyone!
I just joined 3fc & I would love to join your group. I have 100 pounds to loose & I am going to do it this year! I am so happy I found a group with the same goal as me, so we can support each other all the way!

Thank you everyone!
Healthmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:54 PM   #103  
Lois

Smile

Less_of_Me_to_Love & DragonTush to the group. Lots of motivation here, these ladies are very inspiring.

Tina You are doing great! Keep up the good work and keep bringing that motivation. I still don't think I got enough water in today but I am going to keep trying.

fourwinds I see it the same way... just keep eating right and exercising and the rest will follow.

GainingWeightInLa Sounds like you made some good choices at the restaurant, except for the carrot cake... I was floored when I first saw how many points it is, and I just LOVE carrot cake! Heck, with a day like today, I don't know if I could have resisted the chips and dip. I will pray that you have a better day tomorrow, and you pray for me too!

It has been a dreary day here with clouds and freezing rain. I slept in today and just felt lazy today. I decided to take a day off from exercising This is day 7 and I have exercised 6 days straight so one day off shouldn't kill me as long as I get back on track tomorrow. Sheila I was feeling the same way today, I wanted to eat everything but I stuck to good choiced. I have been using FitDay and it is helping with my choices. I found I have been taking in too many carbs and not enough protein. I need some ideas on some good protein snacks... anybody have any? Keep up the good work everyone. I will check back later.

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:44 PM   #104  

First Dragon Tush and Less of me to Love. You will find lots of support here.

GainingWeightInLa....Cheer up! Tomorrow is a new day. So maybe you didn't make some great choices, but no need to yourself up. Just plan for tomorrow, have a 4 or 5 point breakfast, go out with your friends and enjoy, but make wise choices. If you have fried chicken, take the skin off. Eat only 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes and no gravy. Fill up on salad and veggies if you can and skip the dessert. When you get home, get some in or take a walk, but try to think possively. Negitive thought will keep you from reaching your goal. Just think of every pound you loose, as a 1 pound package of butter and you are either stacking them up as you loose them or building a wall out of them. Then stand back and look at what you have accomplished. 100 packages of butter can be a pretty big wall, and to think then that you use to carry that on your body. I have over 230 packages of butter to get off of me. When I reach my goal weight, there is no way I would be able to lift that amount, unreal that we carry it now. Go figure

I had a really great day. I got up and 8 am to exercise with Richard Simmons, and I did 20 minutes. I knew that I was going out for dinner tonight, so I planned for it. Left myself 18 points for dinner, plus I had 10 points banked. I ordered a seafood platter... oyster, 2 shrimp, crab stuffed shrimp and white fish. It came with a medium baked potatoe and salad bar. At the salad bar, I had toss salad with light dressing and cantalope. One thing I could of done but didn't, was eat half of the potatoe instead of the whole thing, but I stayed in my points and I didn't have a Margarita. I wouldn't of been able to stop with one.

Till later,
Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:45 PM   #105  

ladylane06...I have been having the same problem so I looked up some higher protein snacks. Soem ideas surprised me

Beef Jerky...70 cal. 1g fat. 11g protein per ounce

Egg Whites..One egg white has only 15 calories, is fat and cholesterol-free, and contains 4 grams of protein. Throw two or three in a pan (with some peppers and onions if you want to make an omelet) for a quick, nutritious mini-meal.

Cottage cheese and fruit
One-half cup of 2% cottage cheese contains on average 16 grams of protein, yet only has 102 calories and 2 grams of fat (as opposed to other types of cheese, which can be extremely high in fat). If high protein isn't your ideal goal, then mix it with some fresh fruit for a fast, healthy snack.

Tuna
Tuna is a great source of protein with approximately 25 grams per can. Plus, one can of tuna in water contains approximately 111 calories and is fat-free. And hey, go easy on the mayonnaise if you're making a sandwich -- it's also full of fat.

Protein bars
Although there are hundreds of varieties on the market, keep in mind that all protein bars are not created equal. Avoid bars that are high in carbohydrates and fat. A good choice is Designer Whey Protein Bars; each 75-gram bar contains a full 30 grams of protein, with only 6 grams of carbs and 5 grams of fat.

I found all that info at this site...I know its for men but I figured it could work for us too.

http://www.askmen.com/sports/foodcou...ting_well.html

I'm going to be trying out some of these myself.
DragonTush is offline   Reply With Quote