Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 12:48 PM   #16  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Cheryl ~ It's a man thing...they can't help themselves! The earrings sound beautiful though!

Gayle ~ Tim is usually out of town for a few days every three months or so. I normally go with him, but our dog hasn't been doing the greatest I didn't want to leave her with anyone (she's just getting old and doesn't deal well with the snow and cold), so we thought it would be better for me to stay home this trip and take care of things here. He got home Wednesday night, so everything is back to normal here now.

Sherry ~ I'm sorry I missed your birthday! I'm glad to hear it was wonderful though! Keep us posted about how your test results turn out!

Shelley ~ We need to put our MIL's on a slow boat to a deserted island somewhere...I'm sure they would get along wonderfully! How awful to make promises and not follow through with them! I agree with your dad...I wouldn't take a dime from her after making remarks like that!

Dee ~ I'm so sorry to hear that the epidural shot hasn't worked. I was so hoping that it was just going to take more time.

It's hard to believe that 2005 is almost over! Hopefully 2006 will be a happy and healthy year for us all! Happy New Year Floozies!
Old 12-31-2005, 06:49 AM   #17  

My father wrote Patty a check for $2000.00 yesterday. She cried, then I cried, then my dad cried. When we got home, evil MIL had called and left a message to call her back. Well, Patty called her back and MIL asked her if I had heard back about the loan yet. Patty said no. MIL said that she could borrow the money from her because her interest rates are probably better anyway!!! Can you imagine??? She wanted to charge interest? Anyway, Patty told her that her other grandparents wrote her a check and she wouldn't be needing one from her.

I ate and ate and ate last night at the Hanukkah party. I had more fat than I've had in a year, what with latkes and everything else. I probably gained 5 pounds. We had a nice time though. Today it's back to Core!!

Anybody have special New Year's plans??
Old 12-31-2005, 10:42 AM   #18  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Shelley ~ Sounds like even if your MIL had given the money to Patty that she would have had to pay it back in more ways than one! I'm glad that things worked out ok and that Patty won't owe her grandmother anything!

Mmmmm latkes! I wouldn't have been able to pass them by either! Oh well, the holidays are almost over and we'll all be back on track in a couple days!

We got word this morning that my husband's uncle passed away about 5 am this morning. He had cancer and has been in a nursing home for the past few months, so it's a blessing that he's no longer suffering. I'm going to have to scramble around and find a dress for the funeral. All of my dresses are 14's and I'm in 10's now! I haven't had a reason to be in a dress since last summer, so I haven't even thought about replacing them...dumb move.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:06 PM   #19  

Suzy-I'm sending my condolences and prayers to your family. It's so hard when something like that happens around the holidays, but you are right. He really is out of pain now. How awful that all of your dresses are too big!!LOL!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 05:08 PM   #20  

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO MY SPECIAL FLOOZIE FRIENDS!!
Old 12-31-2005, 08:32 PM   #21  
Losing it!

Suzy, rejoice girl!!! A size 10!! AWESOME JOB!
I am very sorry to hear about your uncle. It is never easy to lose a loved one and I think when it happens around holiday time it creates even more pain. Hopefully, your family can find peace by knowing he is no longer suffering. Prayers sent to you & yours.

Shelley, I'm sorry your MIL tends to act like a pain in the butt most of the time. Some people NEVER think before speaking or acting and they seem to never realize when they hurt people. Patty is probably relieved to think she doesn't need to deal with her Grandmother now. Your dad did a wonderful thing by standing up for Patty and helping her out with the money.
The party sounds like it was fun! What is latkes??? I'm thinking a fried bread?

We are having a party here at the house after Steve closes the store. I made just a few snack items and purchased the others. We are dumping what is left after the party and starting to eat healthy as we welcome the new year in.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:35 PM   #22  
Losing it!

WISHING ALL MY SPECIAL FLOOZIES A BLESSED 2006!!!!!
Old 01-01-2006, 06:29 AM   #23  

Gayle-Latkes are potatoes that are grated, mixed with eggs and matzo meal, then fried into patties. Delicious with apple sauce and/or sour cream. I hope your party turned out well.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:27 AM   #24  

hello girlfriends!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SHERRY!

suzy,sorry bout your hubby's uncle passing!
prayers for your family for strength and peace!

shelley,love your dog!he is so cute!
that was so mean of your mil!
im glad she could count on your parents!did she say anything when she found out your parents helped?
sounds like here!my flks are there for cat,but his mom didnt even bother to get cat anything or even call.

cheryl,oh im careful with the inmate,just write to keep his spirits up,nothing more!
yes the co-worker is still in the picture,thanks for asking.
the earrings sound so beautiful!
men,what can i say?

gayle,as i said we are just friends.
im deffently op today!my exercising ,water ect. im off to get to at least 199
by summer,thats 30 pounds!
im up to 229!
ack!
i just weighed this am new day,new year and all.
so ive gained 5 pounds!
i got all my new bellydancing vids,so im working on my rotations for the whole year!love to lose 50 for the year,man that 'd be sweet!
everyone have a happy and safe new year!
hugs,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Doni-HughJackman-vc2.jpg (17.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #25  

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY DEVOTED LOVING FRIENDS!!!

Suzy I am sorry to hear of the passing of your Uncle. I hope that it is a releif to know that he is no longer suffering.

Shelley your MIL is such a Bi**h. Poor Patty. Thanks for your Dad being the supper man. He is so special. I am sure that Patty knows who she can count on. Don't worry about what you ate. I know that you are going to run it off this week.

Gayle how did the party go? How are you feeling today?

Doni it usre hurts when Grand Parents don't put any effort into the grand children. I know how it feels because my in laws are like that. They can be so on and off. That is why we adopted the divorced step mom and her new hubby.

Any of you having a big family dinner tonight? We are. We are going to my mom and dad's. There will be about 15 for dinner. This will be the last time we see them til April. They are going away to BC for the winter on Jan 3rd.

Hope you all have a good day and that we will all be back on program tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #26  
Losing it!

I hope everyone had a nice new year! We had the last of our company leave at 4:00 a.m.!!! I woke at 9:00, got up and cleaned up glasses etc. sitting around, then I went back to bed. Basically yesterday was a lazy day just trying to recoup from the fun had by all. Yep, I was once again a party animal. LOL! Today I am recomitted to a healthy lifestyle. Doing core 100%and not looking back. I wish I could get Steve to eat more of the core food choices, it would cut down on my cooking time. Looking for recipes today on the net that are core plus something the family will eat.

Shelley, the latkes sound awesome...if matzo meal is like cornmeal, and if you used unsweetened applesauce and FF sourcream, these could be considered core, huh?
Old 01-02-2006, 05:19 PM   #27  

Gayle-Happy to see you are back on Core! I am recommitted also. Today, I did have a roll that I am counting points for, though. I have 7 AP's today anyway. I just want to lose these 2 lbs. that I put on during the holidays. You'd think that after running 51 miles last week that my weight would be down!

Sherry-I love your new picture. When was it taken?

Doni-You will make your goal by summer, I'm sure of it! You have been doing wonderful, keeping up with the exercising.

Dee-I hope the dinner went well.

Suzy-Were you able to find a dress for the funeral?

I didn't have to work today. The assistant principal called yesterday and said that she and the principal decided that there was no need for me to go in, so I had an extra day! It was so nice of them. Back to the grind tomorrow....kids, teachers and all!
Old 01-02-2006, 06:08 PM   #28  

Hello

I have been taking laxatives all day to be ready for my colonscopy in the a.m. I still haven't got my results on my biopsy on the esophagus. I guess she's waiting for me to come in in the morning.

It's a new year and time for me to finally get grips about my weight. Since I can't eat today, I'm back on low-carb in the a.m. I have gained all my weight back. I weighed-in at 202 this morning. So it's back to square one!

Shelley...The picture was taken at Debbie's on New Years Eve with her new camera. Thanks for the compliment. I like yours too.

If I'm not around much this year, don't worry. I'm going to be posting at 2 places. I need all the support I can get! I may need someone to help start new threads.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:24 PM   #29  
Losing it!

Good luck with the colonscopy Sher. I will be thinking of you! Let us know what you find out!! Please don't stray too far away...I for one miss your presence here on the board. It seems like over the past year, we all are so busy, we're not posting like we use to.

Shelley, it must be water gain because there is no way you could gain 2 pounds after running 51 miles!!
Old 01-03-2006, 05:41 AM   #30  

Sherry-Good luck today on your colonoscopy. The worst is over, since by now your prep is done. Please don't stray too far! We love you here.
Closed Thread