3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias -- #46 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/69886-steel-magnolias-46-a.html)

Joyce in CO 12-13-2005 11:03 AM

Good Morning

May have to end this quick. Depends on boss walking in. ;) I have been busy here at work. We are leaving a bit early today to go have some family fun at my Mom and Dad's small apartment with lots af family. Chili and cornbread, too. :T We had a busy weekend. Running to and fro. The most fun was shopping with 7 yr old gd. :) She and her mom (dil) and I went to Target. She found some jeans that she really liked so I told her I would get them for her for Christmas and to get a top to go with them. :D I took them home to wrap up. I will get a few accesories to add to it to make it a surprise. All she wants is clothes and right now is growing fast enough she doesn't have any jeans that fit well.

Faye - You are really busy with all that knitting. :D Love to knit. I have made a few poncho's. The easiest one was knitting (or crochetting) 2 rectangles and sewing them together. For my gd I add fun fur yarn around the edges. I think the pattern was on LionBrand yarn. Maybe Gail will remember where it was if you are interested.

Jean - I don't know how you put up with all that nonsense the kids give out. I wouldn't last very long. I used up my store of patience on my own kids. Kids these days are not respect for anything or anybody....

Gail - How are you feeling? Got your tree up???

gotta runnnnnnnnn

GailR 12-13-2005 02:39 PM

Hi everyone! It's been crazy here. End of the semester and all that.

Hey Joyce! I got into trouble last night. Amanda and Robyn came over in the evening. My tree is not up yet. Amanda said if I don't get my tree up and decorated Santa Claus is not going to come with presents for me. I'm feeling much better. Although I'm a little leery of eating much these days...which is a good thing...right? Gosh, I love Target.

ooops...gotta go...I'll be back later...gotta go

Jean 12-13-2005 10:19 PM

Good Evening! I'm waiting for the weather to set in . . . it's been raining since late afternoon, is supposed to turn to sleet, then snow by midnight. I hope we either get dumped on or nothing at all. I could use a day at home but hate to have to make up the day in June. I don't think I have ever been so far behind, and I hate the rushed feeling by the time Christmas Day gets here. Oh well, everything will get done eventually. :D

'Gma' -- I wish you GOOD LUCK with the hotel credit. I get so very angry when those people give me the run around! After being put on hold for such a long time and then they act like I am an idiot! Your politicians are something else! The paper said we will be losing at least one if not two in the Senate and House this year. I guess we are losing the young people to other states.

Joyce -- It's good to see you again! There are days when I have very little patience -- most of these kids know how to play the odds. I write down everything that they promise to do, say, or did while in class if I think it will come back to haunt me later. We even make them sign IOUs for duplicate copies of homework assignments. Kids are definitely a different breed now days. :rolleyes:

Gail -- You'd better get that tree up if you want Santa to visit! :lol:

Not much is newsy from my corner of the world tonight. I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow!

Jean -- :clause: in Iowa!

gma22 12-14-2005 09:13 AM

Morning gals! Just a quick one as I have stalled as long as possible to NOT wrap presents and I just have to get it done. I made a promise to myself that I would get it finished this morning.

I got the bunny's hat and scarf finished. They turned out cute, almost a dead match to Thomas's. Thomas Bunikins can decide whether or not he wants to wear the brim up or down! :D Unfortunately, they don't have bunny Hogwart's patches to put on his scarf and hat! :lol:

Jean: I never did tell you what the patches are. They are replicas of the patches on the robes of the witches and wizards at Hogwarts so it will make his scarf and hat look like he has the school's clothing. Hope things even out for you at school soon.

Jack is gimping around with his foot and I feel so sorry for him. I hate that he can't get a dr appt until Monday so he has to put up with this for so long. Even then, there may be a limited amount they can do without surgery.

I hope everyone has a good day today. It is mild and rainy today, just the type of day to curl up with a book!

Faye :rudolph:

GailR 12-14-2005 10:18 AM

The tree is going up this morning while I'm at work. DH is doing it. He's taking things into his own hands--he's tired of waiting for me to suggest the tree should be put together and decorated. Santa Claus will come after all. :D

Faye, doncha just love it--waiting for a doctor's appointment. I get so frustrated when I phone the doctor's office and they tell me I can't get an appointment until a week later when I need one NOW. I hope Jack feels better soon. Please come help me wrap. So far, for those at the office who get a present from me, they all go in those gift bags. Love the gift bags! But I don't like to see a bunch of them around the Christmas tree though.

I hope everyone has a good day...and try to stay on program!

Jean 12-14-2005 10:10 PM

Good Evening, Flowers! I drove to bell practice in great big huge snow flakes and an hour later I drove back home in the rain. This is the strangest weather! We were in a winter advisory/watch last night and just got a dusting of snow. It was pretty slippery driving this morning. The weatherman says there is more snow on the way. :spin:

The sh*t hit the fan at school today! :o In one of the study halls, we have 'inherited' a student who 10 day absenced himself out of two regular classes. That means he now has 4 study halls a day -- his fault, not our's. Anyhow, he always wants to go to the library and the other teacher tells him 'no' because he is now restricted to study halls due to being booted out of 2 classes. He got mad and said he was going anyway and got up to leave. She told him not to go and his comment was, "F... you!" She then told him to go to the office as he walked out the door. He turned around and said, "why don't you just shut the f... up?!" So she called the office to tell them he was on the loose and wrote up the report which I took to the office. I peeked in the library and he's sitting at a computer, talking to the kid next to him. The secretary said he hadn't been to the office and when I told the principal where he was, the principal went stomping off to get him. I'm not sure what the punishment will be. He is a kid with a short fuse, been in lots of fights, and in my opinion the type who would do damage to your house or car, even possibly to a teacher, so I stay out of his way. I'm glad his comments weren't directed to me.

'Gma' -- How did you get the little reindeer by your name? He is cute! What did Jack do to his foot . . . I should go back and reread but I am too lazy tonight. I hope he can see a doctor sooner than later. I'm not into Harry Potter so thanks for the patches explanation. Your knitting projects are so creative!

Gail -- By now you should be enjoying your decorated (?) Christmas tree! :D

I need to do some more wrapping or write some cards so better keep moving. Have a terrific Thursday!

Jean -- :clause: in Iowa!

gma22 12-15-2005 07:20 AM

YEAHHHHHHHH! I got the packages wrapped yesterday. Grumbling all the way and yelling at the cat to stay out of stuff, but I did get it done. They definitely don't look professional as I hate to cut things perfect, make perfect corners etc so the smaller stuff looks bad on the ends, but the things are wrapped. Besides, Thomas, whom most of them are for anyway, won't give a fig newton whether or not they look beautiful! I used up ALL my gift bags and now just need to get tissue paper to stuff in them. When I get a gift bag present I always save and reuse. May be tacky, but I think it is stupid to throw something that is perfectly usable out. I have re-cycled a couple of them for about 3 years now. My dd's family gets them then uses them and I get them back, then back they go the next year, etc. At least I got smart this year and saved boxes that stuff came in to use for other gifts so I wouldn't have to buy tons of boxes.

Jean: We think Jack has heel spurs on his right foot. Poor man can hardly walk now. We may be investing in a heel pad and a portable foot whirlpool this weekend to try and relieve some of the pain. After being in bed at night, he can hardly walk to the bathroom to shower for work the pain is so bad. You know, they might as well kick that kid out. He has NO plans on learning and sounds like a possible "bring a gun to school and shoot it up" kind of guy. I am afraid he and I would have gone three rounds and I would have gotten fired because I tend to be confrontational when someone tells me to F anything! Oh and the little reindeer is with the other Christmas smileys.

Gail: We decided not to put up the tree and such this year. We have a lot of trouble with the cat not leaving it alone and since we aren't having any family or friends in this year, what is the point? You can't see it from any of our windows so no one outside could enjoy it either. I am not humbug about Christmas or anything, just realistic. It reminds me of my grandma who had huge L shaped picture windows in her living room. They put up a tree every year in that window and you could see it coming down the street. It was one of those silver ones that had the light at the bottom that changed it colors and the dial went around. What ever possessed us in the 70's to think that was a beautiful tree? Everyone seemed to have one.

Well, Jack is off to work and I have the bathrooms upstairs prepped to clean so better get to it. We are going out for dinner tonight so want to get as much done as possible this morning.

Have a great day gals and stay warm (it is in the 50's here!)

Faye :hohoho:

gma22 12-15-2005 07:23 AM

YEAHHHHHHHH! I got the packages wrapped yesterday. Grumbling all the way and yelling at the cat to stay out of stuff, but I did get it done. They definitely don't look professional as I hate to cut things perfect, make perfect corners etc so the smaller stuff looks bad on the ends, but the things are wrapped. Besides, Thomas, whom most of them are for anyway, won't give a Fig Newton whether or not they look beautiful! I used up ALL my gift bags and now just need to get tissue paper to stuff in them. When I get a gift bag present I always save and reuse. May be tacky, but I think it is stupid to throw something that is perfectly usable out. I have re-cycled a couple of them for about 3 years now. My dd's family gets them then uses them and I get them back, then back they go the next year, etc. At least I got smart this year and saved boxes that stuff came in to use for other gifts so I wouldn't have to buy tons of boxes.

Jean: We think Jack has heel spurs on his right foot. Poor man can hardly walk now. We may be investing in a heel pad and a portable foot whirlpool this weekend to try and relieve some of the pain. After being in bed at night, he can hardly walk to the bathroom to shower for work the pain is so bad. You know, they might as well kick that kid out. He has NO plans on learning and sounds like a possible "bring a gun to school and shoot it up" kind of guy. I am afraid he and I would have gone three rounds and I would have gotten fired because I tend to be confrontational when someone tells me to F anything! Oh, and the little reindeer is with the other Christmas smileys.

Gail: We decided not to put up the tree and such this year. We have a lot of trouble with the cat not leaving it alone and since we aren't having any family or friends in this year, what is the point? You can't see it from any of our windows so no one outside could enjoy it either. I am not humbug about Christmas or anything, just realistic. It reminds me of my grandma who had huge L shaped picture windows in her living room. She was in her late 70's and he early 80's when I lived with them in high school, but they put up a tree every year in that window and you could see it coming down the street. It was one of those silver ones that had the light at the bottom that changed it colors when the dial went around. What ever possessed us in the 70's to think that was a beautiful tree? Everyone seemed to have one.

Well, Jack is off to work and I have the bathrooms upstairs prepped to clean so better get to it. We are going out for dinner tonight so want to get as much done as possible this morning.

Have a great day gals and stay warm (it is in the 50's here!)

Faye :hohoho: