Old 12-08-2005, 09:38 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

Yah Cheel, good to have you back

School, work and a family. Hard work. Any particular area of nursing you are going in to? After the birth of my son I thought it would be interesting to go back to school and get a M.S in Nursing and become a nurse midwife. Great money and lots of opportunites and I know I could teach a birthing class better than the one I took.

Lori, you are a workout fool. Running and elliptical. You and Michelle are my role models.

I got in my workout last night. I felt great afterwards. There really is something to this working out and feeling better thing.

:tomorrow is weigh in for me. I am feeling a little bloated due to the approaching Aunt Flo so I will not be bummed if I have stayed the same.

Michelle, I work at a university and we have only 7 days until break as well

Have a skinny day,
Amanda

The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!
OBsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:48 AM   #62  

I need to find me a dancing smiliey..I lost ANOTHER pound...
okie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:08 PM   #63  

Okie,Are you addicted to your scale? I resist and only weigh myself once a week. I do sometimes peak for reassurance or a kick in the butt but I don't count it until Friday morning.

Amanda
Old 12-08-2005, 01:45 PM   #64  

no , I'm not addicted....I just feel like I'm doing so well that I can't help myself.....bad huh...
okie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:03 AM   #65  
Exercise Queen

Okie I'm getting ready to update our group ticker with my 2lbs and your 1lb gone!

We had rehearsal tonight so it's already very late and I have to get to bed. I will check in better tomorrow!

Only 6 more school days!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:17 AM   #66  

Group Ticker updated!
losethirtysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 07:53 AM   #67  

Sorry Michelle but you have to subtract a pound and .5 (I know you can't due the half) from that ticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Felt bloated this morning so I was prepared for the worst but : 184!!!!!!!

I am so psyched. I am closer to 170 than 200. My hard work is paying off and the best part is I feel I am making so good choices and even better habits. This may just work.

Lori, I watch Lost on and off but I find that I get frustrated with the answers leading to more questions. However, I am in love with Jin. I have been Nordic Tracking to while watching it. A CSI party (like the show). Do they all get fingerprinted? Oliver's party is loosely around the Snowman Theme. I am making a snowman cake and am in the process of making snowflakes for decorations and I am going to make snowman cupcakes for everyone to take home as their favor. It is going to be very small just family and a few close friends. During the winter you really can't afford to feed a ton of people a full on meal when hotdogs and hamburgers are taken out of the equation and their is the issue of space. Our house is a good size for us but it is an old row house and on the first floor 30 people will be tight. I hope we have one of those freak sunny in December Days that Virginia is famous for so people can go out on the porches.

Freezing rain here today so no outside activity for Olive and I. Maybe a trip to Target. I do love Target.

Amanda
Old 12-09-2005, 09:06 AM   #68  

Amanda I updated the ticker with the -1 lb and I'm banking the -.5 lb. Congratulations on another pound and a half gone! I've got my eyes on the 180s myself.

We are really charging away on our group goal, only 10 lbs to go!
losethirtysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:26 AM   #69  
Exercise Queen

TGIF! Let's stay focused and strong for the weekend!

Think: Motivation! Goal! Plan! Action!
Old 12-09-2005, 09:28 AM   #70  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Chelle- a birthday party for 30 5 year olds? Are you nuts? Did you invite the entire class? I weigh myself every morning, too. I think I do it to keep myself on track. But my official WI is on Sunday morning.

Amanda- Congrats on your loss!! The party sounds like its going to be very cute!! I miss Target!! The town we just moved into doesn't have one, although we did just get a Kohls and a Bed Bath and Beyond within the 2 last months.

I woke up this morning to about 4 inches of snow. And its still snowing. I'm pretty upset about not being able to go to gym. I was really looking forward to finishing up Week 5 of this program. I had myself all psyched up for the 20 min run. Also, the time to myself without the kids. We went yesterday and I did the bike for 20 mins and swam laps for 20 mins. I have tickets for the Nutcracker Ballet for tonight. I hope the roads clear enough that the kids and I can go. My daughter is taking ballet and tap and is so looking forward to seeing the ballet. My husband's plane lands tomorrow around midnight but we just realized that he'll only be home for a month before he leaves for afghanistan.

Hope everyone has a nice day!!!

Last edited by alsbttrfly; 12-09-2005 at 10:13 AM.
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:11 PM   #71  

Lori, we just missed the snow. We had freezing rain instead but now it is chilly but sunny. Sorry about missing your workout and very sorry about your husband going to Afghanastan. We will be here for you.

Has anyone tried the virtual model on http://www.landsend.com/. It is a hoot to see you size now and the size you wish to be. Give it a try. Sadly, I found my size model now to be fairly accurate.

Aunt Flo arrived and I am feeling crappy. Like I could eat a whole thing of potato chips bad but alas I will fix that with some cottage cheese. Anything salty will due. But on the upside if I lost 1.5 pounds with her in town I may be really down by next week.

Amanda
Old 12-10-2005, 10:04 AM   #72  
Exercise Queen

Yesterday was a horrible day at work! I came home just emotionally drained. DH took me out to dinner to mexican food, and I definetly did some emotional eating! I knew I was doing it, and I chose to do it anyway. I'm feeling back in control today. I know what workouts I have scheduled for today, and I will make this a lower calorie day, and back to no carbs for a few days.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:13 AM   #73  

Michelle, I am sorry about your day. You have been so good lately that I am sure it did not make a dent and if you are planning on excersizing today you should be fine. Just make sure you have enough fuel so you don't get lightheaded during the excersizes. Protein, Protein, Protein. It is so easy to reach out to food when your are upset. It makes everything feel better temporarily then the next day you have buyers remorse and you actually feel worse.

I have been proud of myself the last couple of days with not using PMS as an excuse to binge eat. Last night the baby was up and down and this morning I could have had a huge breakfast of doughnuts but instead I passed the baby off to my husband grabbed the dog and went for an hour walk. When I got back I had poached eggs, whole wheat tortilla and salsa for breakfast.

Amanda
Old 12-10-2005, 02:50 PM   #74  
Exercise Queen

I've finished two workouts today and burned over 800 calories. I'm keeping my calorie intake really low today to counter balance yesterday! I've already had 64 oz of water today too. I woke up so thirsty after last nights mexican food!

The incident yesterday at work has left me feeling emotionally fragile. I hate this feeling, and I'm trying to do some self talk to keep myself strong. I've decided that the next three weeks are going to be about me getting as strong and lean as I physically can. I guess because I feel more in control of my physical self, than my emotional self right now.

Amanda I'm so proud of you for passing up the donuts! Also for not letting PMS get the better of you. I'm still being challenged in that area!
Old 12-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #75  
Exercise Queen

How did everyone's Saturday go?