3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#58) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/69443-home-loozing-floozies-58-a.html)

gdeann 12-03-2005 07:44 PM

Suzy, you are as cute as can be! Just as I pictured, a pretty smiling face to go along with your open personality!

Shelley, don't feel bad, I didn't realize Dee was going to Vegas again either. TELL BECKY CONGRAT ON HER ACCEPTANCE LETTER! How far would this put her from home?

Sher, bless your poor dads heart! Thank goodness your mom was there with him! Praying for his speedy recovery!!! How is Waynes thumb tonight? I bet after working all day, it just throbs terribly. When will you have your test ran??? Am I asking enough questions??? LOL!

Dee, have fun on round #2 in Vegas! You lucky girl!!!!

Are you girls ready for Christmas? I have yet to do any decorating here at home. I'm finishing up on Steves Christmas and I pretty much know what I want to get everyone else, just waiting for some moola to magically appear!!!
BTW: My boss paid me time & a half for working Thanksgiving eve day and the hard work we put in. This was a nice surprise! As I was thanking her for the extra pay, she told me to expect another raise on the next check. As of this next check I have been there for 4 months...not bad I guess, 2 raises in 4 months! I'll take it!!!
Liz had a date tonight with a young man who I hope she decides to like and continue to see!!! He is well mannered, well groomed, polite, nice looking and seems to be very sincere. As they left, he opened doors etc. He was actually even taking her out to eat at a nice sit down place instead of fast food! I'm wondering if it will go any further then the first date, usually if I like them they do not end up hanging around long! LOL!

ShelleyM 12-04-2005 05:38 AM

Gayle-Wow! There was no doubt in my mind that you would be their best employee. You deserve every little thing they give you, and more. Good luck on Liz's new boyfriend. If Becky went to UCF, it would only put her about 4 hrs from home. I really don't think she'll choose it though. She wants to go to FSU in Tallahassee.

I have almost all of Patty's Hanukkah done. I still have 3 more days to go for her. I've only gotten 1 day so far for Becky. It starts Christmas Day night this year, so it's quite late. I have ordered everything online so far. My mom and I went to the mall yesterday, and I just can't handle the madness around there. Also, everything looks the same when you go into all the stores.

Mike's staff party was last night, and it was quite nice. They gave every employee a $300.00 bonus. That was totally unexpected. It was open bar and a very nice sit down dinner with a DJ. I get so intimidated in these kinds of settings, but it turned out just fine. Especially when the lady sitting next to me looked at my plate, and we had the same things on them. Turns out she is on Core also, so I had plenty to talk about after that.

gdeann 12-05-2005 08:02 AM

SHELLEY, GREAT JOB STAYING OP FOR THE CHRISTMAS PARTY!! I bet you guys can use the money to help out with the holidays. I'm just waiting for Steves check to get here...I know what I want to get everyone, just waiting for the green stuff!! LOL!

If you haven't yet, check out the home page here. There are new updated before & after pics of the original 3 fat chicks. All three look amazing!

It snowed last night...BLAHHHHH!!! I'm up early so I can get Allison off to school earlier if the roads are bad. Steve is out of town until later tonight so I'm on my own again.

Can you girls help me come up with something I can prepare for Christmas day at my moms house? We will be at the inlaws until in the afternoon, so it needs to be something I can prepare & reheat or possibly even make now & freeze. It will be under 10 people...I will be doing all the baking and cooking, but I also work Christmas eve day, so I need stuff not too time consuming. I even considered doing something non-traditional like sandwiches etc. HELP!

SuzyMc 12-05-2005 05:34 PM

You girls are good for my ego! :thanks:

Gayle, what about lasagna, tossed salad and garlic bread? That's our traditional Christmas eve meal. Lasagna freezes great or you could make it up the day before and just keep it in the refrigerator until you're ready to bake it. (Just make sure if you do make it ahead that you use a glass pan and wrap it in plastic not foil, so the tomato sauce doesn't react to the metal pan or foil.)

I still have a lot of shopping to do! Hubby has a meeting in Lancaster on Wednesday (4 hours from here), so I'm going along and shopping at the mall there for the day while he is at his meeting. Hopefully I'll be able to put a big dent in my list...that mall is huge!

ShelleyM 12-05-2005 05:41 PM

Gayle-I agree with Suzy. That's the perfect make and freeze meal.

Becky got another acceptance letter today. This was from USF in Tampa, which of course is my choice. But then again, why would she care what I think? She's a teenager. Talk about hormones!! Yesterday, she slammed out of the house saying that she had 10,000 things to do for school and can't handle it here because she can't concentrate. 30 minutes later, her friend's mom called to say that she was over there doing her paper and wanted us to know where she was. The night before that, she called us at the Xmas party crying because nobody was home and she didn't know where everybody was. I had only been talking about this party for at least 2 weeks. Oh well, WHATEVER!!!

coles 12-05-2005 08:20 PM

Gayle - I love your ticker. I posted this morning then forgot to hit the post quick reply button DUH!!
Shelley - I know how you felt at the Christmas party. I would feel like that too. I am not good at small talk. I always think people will find me totally boring.
Sherry - I hope your Dad has a speedy recovery.
I am saying special prayers for Dan and for Ramona and all the family.
Suzy - You are a cutie!
Doni-Where are you? I hope you're okay.

gdeann 12-06-2005 09:58 AM

Shelley, I feel for you! TWO teenage daughter with raging hormones! Bless your heart & Mikes!! LOL! Mike probably feels alot like Steve. Steve thinks he is surrounded by females with PMS. LOL!

Janice, I thought the ticker was kinda cute too. Now if only I can get the scale to move! It's not moving mostly because of lack of motivation from me. I know it is probably an excuse, but by the time I deal with work, family, parents etc. I'm too tired to deal with watching my eating 24/7.

I spoke to mom yesterday & I think we are going to do something along the line of philly sandwiches. I can prepare the meat ahead of time, wafer it and add the onion & green pepper. I can then freeze it until we need it, then thaw, toss on rolls and add some cheese if desired. I will add a few salads etc. and I think we will be good to go. Thanks for the suggestion of lasagna, in fact lasagna or enchiladas were my first thought. This sounds terrible, but my SIL brings a relative of hers to our dinner every single year...(another story) anyways, the lady has a mental handicap and eating around her can be a challenge at times. I wanted something I could prepare and have ready to just pickup, so food isn't getting handled alot, plus if it is spilled for any reason, cleanup won't be a problem. I hope this doesn't sound horrible of me...

I hope life is treating everyone well! Dee is probably still in Vegas, Sher is taking care of dad & Wayne....wonder where our other Floozies are??????

Ramona, thinking of you each & every day! Praying Dan is making a productive recovery and your family is coping through all of this ok.
LOVE YOU!

Temps here are to only be in the teens today...5* forecast for tomorrow along with snow showers tonight & in the morning. Up to 3" is predicted...FUN, FUN, FUN! I'm heading your way Shelley!!!!!! LOL!

See ya later chickies!!!!

gdeann 12-06-2005 11:54 PM

Now they are saying we could have up to 8" over the next few days! No snow here yet... although with the wind chill it is 8 below!!!

gdeann 12-08-2005 08:31 PM

Where Is Everyone?

SuzyMc 12-08-2005 10:34 PM

I was just going to ask the same question!

We were out of town yesterday (hubby had meetings all day and I tagged along to shop at the mall). We got home late last night and I spent the day today getting ready for the snow storm...they are calling for over a foot for us!

ShelleyM 12-09-2005 05:41 AM

I haven't been feeling too well. Things are hectic at school, and I am a bit depressed over everything going on there. Sorry, I just haven't had the time to post much. I haven't logged any runs other than Sunday this week either. I've been eating stuff I shouldn't (last night I had about 10 Ritz crackers.) I think the not running is part of my depression. I just haven't felt like it. I am going to go on a fairly long run tomorrow.

I hope everyone is doing better than me!

gdeann 12-09-2005 09:33 AM

Shelley, sweetie, are you taking your medication?? Maybe even if you get out and go on a long peaceful walk, it will clear you head a bit. I hope things at work improve and your not being taken advantage of like in the past. HUGS sent to you sweetie!~

Suzy, you can have ALL the snow! We had a storm hit earlier in the week, not as much snow as predicted but we did have temps of 15 below with the wind chill. I'm sending "warm sunshine" vibes that the white stuff heads away from you guys!

gdeann 12-10-2005 02:17 PM

WOW! I can't believe how slow we are here!!!

Shelley, I experimented today and invented a CORE taco soup. Everyone even liked it! It is fast and easy, if you want the recipe, I'll post it. I used ground beef, but I think chicken would be good in it too.

Suzy, did you guys get the snow like expected?

Working on odds & ends today....need to get in gear and get my Christmas cards made out. I usually have the tree up and cards done by the week or two after Thanksgiving. I can't seem to get motivated this holiday season!

What is everyones holiday plans???

We will have Christmas at home in the morning, then go on up to Steves folks house late morning for gifts and lunch. Then we will go to my moms for late afternoon gifts and dinner. I'm making a few salads for the in-laws and am preparing the entire meal for at my moms house. I still need to get my Christmas shopping done!

Wishing everyone a safe & happy weekend!

SuzyMc 12-10-2005 10:51 PM

Tis the season Shelley...take care of yourself and don't let this depression get out of control! Like Gayle said...there are lots of medications out there that really do help if you need it. :hug:

We ended up with about 8 inches of snow, so I got lots of exercise shoveling! I sure hope Santa brings me that treadmill though...it's much to slippery to walk now!

Gayle, I make a philly steak type sandwich, but it's made with hamburger. Hubby says he even likes it better than cheese steaks!

Mock Steak and Everything Sandwich

1 lb. ground beef
1 green pepper chopped
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 medium onion chopped
1/4 lb. mozzarella cheese grated
1/4 lb mild cheese grated

Brown hamburger and drain. Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Add mushrooms, onions and peppers. When veggies are cooked through add cheeses and heat through. Spoon into hot long buns.

I have made this ahead of time and put in the crockpot set on warm. If you were going to make it way ahead of time I would leave the cheese out and add it after reheating.

gdeann 12-11-2005 01:10 AM

Recipe sounds good Suzy!!! I will run it past my "food committee" to see what they think! It would be so much easier then cooking and wafering a roast! I hope Santa brings you a treadmill! I had one until mom finished her physical therapy, then I gave her ours. I miss it but I can't complain... She is very faithful to it and goes 30 minutes or so everyday.