Old 01-02-2006, 10:05 PM   #61  
Xer
What a dork.

Ooo. Hotsplashes, our goals are around the same time, too! Mine is the second week of June.. I don't remember the exact date, but it's the date I graduate from High School. =) ..I also have a mini-goal to lose as much weight as I can by January 21st.. which is when my boy is coming back from visiting his family. Hehe. I had originally planned on being 169 by then, but I don't think that's going to happen! Oh well.

REALLY need to get my butt in gear and start exercising more. It's been all icky and rainy lately.. and when it's not icky and rainy I don't want to go out because it's cold! Haha. I want to make sure I take the dog for a walk at least three times a week, though.. then once it gets warmer, I'm going to start training myself for running. I have ALWAYS been one of the last people to finish the "mile run" in gym class. Fortunately I don't have to do that anymore.. but I'd still like to be able to run a mile in under 12 minutes.. or whatever my time was. =\

Made some yummy tofu stir fry tonight.. It didn't turn out half bad despite the fact that I've never made it before. =D I over cooked the rice a little by not paying attention to them, though.. haha.
Xer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:07 AM   #62  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Ate well yesterday....gunna do even better today...will write more later as i'm off to work now!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:22 PM   #63  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Good evening ladies!

I am really pleased with myself today...eaten really well, water is good and as i'm back at work, i've not sat down ALL day!! lol
Also my fridge is full of healthy snack, so i have absolutly no excuse to cheat!!

Splashes - salopets is the french word for ski pants (I think!!) that is where we are going - chamonix close to the mont blanc tunnel so a quick trip to Italy will be on the cards also!!

Xer - we all need to stick together and support each other as my mini dead line is 11th Feb...just after yours I want to lose 10lbs by then...do you think it is do-able?????

More tomorrow! HOpe your days have been as successful as mine?
Old 01-03-2006, 10:20 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Ohhh Mini goals!! WOOHOO I want to lose 7.5 lbs by Feb 1st...DOn't know if I can do it...but it seems we're all on a mini goal mission!!!

France and Italy..that's the advantage of living in England! I'm going to go to England, France , Italy and Greece one day...I'd like to go to Egypt but everyone I know who's been there said it's not a nice place and very dangerous...SO I'll settle for MOrroco!!

See everyone Tomorrowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:43 PM   #65  
Xer
What a dork.

Tulip- 10lbs by Feb 11th is doable, but since you're getting closer to where you want to / should be, it might be a little difficult. Don't be too disapointed if you don't make it! I think if you stay on track and do well, you have a good chance of doing it. =)

Good luck with your mini-goals everyone! I'm going to see where I'm at when the 21st rolls around and set my next one from there.. hopefully I'll set something more likely for myself, this time. I always try to do too much and don't make it. Haha.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:17 PM   #66  
Xer
What a dork.

Took the dog on nearly an hour long walk today. Both he and I needed the exercise. ;D I'm really proud of myself for pulling this off, though. I used to make going on hour long walks a priority but it hasn't happened in a long time. Hopefully I'll get back in the habit!

Water was okay.. could be better.

Having nervous issues with my decision to stop counting calories. I decided to do this because... once I get off this diet, I'm not going to want to count calories anymore and that usually results in weight gain. I need to get the feel for doing well without counting everything that goes in my mouth.. although, I still pay attention to how calorie dense things are and what would be a better choice if it has a lot of calories / is high in fat. =)

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 01-05-2006, 06:06 PM   #67  
Confirmed Scales Addict

hi

water - fantastic
food - great

haven't done any excersice but havne't stopped running around since i got up this morning!!

I'm 2lbs down since Tuesday....i know i shouldn't weigh myself mid week, but i can't help it!

well done xer for the hour long walk... i bet both u and the doggie feel better for it....try to do it again tomorrow.

hey splashes.....where'd you go???
Old 01-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #68  
Confirmed Scales Addict

splashes , just seen your post......sorry

I've been to France many times....it really isn't far from where we are...3 1/2 hr car journey then 1 1/2 hr ferry crossing...it's a lovely country to visit. I also went to a Greek island for my honeymoon - a great adventure. I do appreciate living in England....Europe is so close..however all the places you go on holiday are totally out of the question for me!!!!
Although my mum did live in Canada for 5 years (before i was born!) so i do have little 2nd hand info about your country. We have a few family traditions that hail from that way!!
BUT - Morroco is my all time place to go....haven't been but it's on my wish list!!

Eygpt...is said to be beautiful and exciting , but your right, too much unrest for me to want to visit. Also my dad was killed while working there, so not too happy memories for me..however he did say it was a facinating place!

Well on that note, I'm off to my bed..it is too cold for me to sit here too long, my boiler had been broken since monday and won't be fixed until tommorrow...brrrrrr it's so chilly!!!
Old 01-05-2006, 11:29 PM   #69  

Oh gees...Tulip...i'm soo sorry to hear about your dad...That is all the more reason for me NOT to go to Egypt now.... As for your mum being in Canada...Canada has customs other than putting Maple Syrup on everything??LOL DO tell! Do Tell!!

Xer!! An hour walk with the pupper!!! WOOHOO YOU!! I've never counted calories...for me it's all about Portion Control and knowing what I'm putting into my mouth...such as keep the sugar and white flour stuff OUT OF MY MOUTH!!! I have a friend who had that Stomach surgery? Laproscotoomy or somethign...He eats anything he wants...but of course he can only eat a few bites before he's full...I wouldn't want to be like that...I'd want to know that what I'm eating is good for me and tastes good and I don't have to throw 90% of it away after a few bites...to me that's torture...I also worry about his mind set "I can eat candy and choclit and junk food...just not so much" So I've been noticing he's not been eating healthy foods. Just crap..in small amounts....

Water was excellent today, Exercise ok, Food GREAT!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 08:00 AM   #70  
Xer
What a dork.

Really sorry to hear about your dad, Tulip. =(

Hotsplashes, I agree with you. Since he cant eat as much.. he should REALLY be working on eating the good stuff now, because he has less of a chance to get the nutrients he needs.

Made vegan lasagna last night! It turned out awesome. I should do this cooking thing more often. I get paranoid that I'm going to screw up and waste food, though. LOL. Also took the dog for another walk last night.. but I think I went too soon after eating because I didn't feel well half way through it. I still managed to get 45 minutes in, though I was walking slower than yesterday since my stomach was all "RAWR GO LAY DOWN". Water was really good yesterday, but I ended up having a combo* attack me. Haha. It was the pizza kind and the cheese stuff got stuck in my throat and wouldn't go away.. even after downing my 16oz water bottle!

*Combos are pretzles with cheese inside if you don't know.

Down to 178 this morning. =)
Old 01-07-2006, 12:18 AM   #71  

PIZZA COMBOS are the BESTEST!!! I like them but can't eat alot...Food was good today...exercise pretty good..and GREAT on the water...it's really cold here....but no rain or snow...i got company up from the south expecting to see us Canadians living in igloos...3 winter in a row and no snow...poor folks!lol See everyone sunday as Tomorrow nite we are going for steak dinner...I will confess to my sins of eating ahead of time!!Lol
Old 01-07-2006, 12:19 AM   #72  

PIZZA COMBOS are the BESTEST!!! I like them but can't eat alot...Food was good today...exercise pretty good..and GREAT on the water...it's really cold here....but no rain or snow...i got company up from the south expecting to see us Canadians living in igloos...3 winter in a row and no snow...poor folks!lol See everyone sunday as Tomorrow nite we are going for steak dinner...I will confess to my sins of eating ahead of time!!Lol
Old 01-07-2006, 01:12 AM   #73  
Xer
What a dork.

Um... eating was REALLY bad today... but I blame that on mega cramps from my messing up my birth control. =( I can honestly say, this is the worst period I've ever had... and the worst part about it is, I had so much to do that I couldn't just push it under the rug for tomorrow. I had to go to school so I could temporarily intern for our fire & EMS for a project after. I couldn't very well do that and not go to school without someone getting on my case. =\ Managed to get out of spending the night, though...

That would really hurt. Not only spending the night in a strange place I don't want to be, curled up in pain from cramps, but being randomly called out on ambulance runs at odd hours of the morning! Blah! Can do without that. I can say what I did experience was pretty interesting, though.

Water could have been better.. and no exercise other than running up and down stairs... which is pretty good exercise, actually.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:29 PM   #74  

Xer...you have Perfect Reason for taking care of yourself today. I hear ya about cramps..I have PCOD and if one my cysts breaks..I feel like someone is stabbing a giant icepick into my stomach. But constant cramps are worse because they last for hours...I can't take long bouts of pain...I can handle the really bad instant shocks of pain...but I'm a weenie when it comes to stuff like you had to go thru!! You are my new hero for going to EMT training and school!!! Much more self empowerment than I have!!

My eating was horrible...had my first steak in 16months..and I paid for it...but it was worth it...And I was a good girl...didn't have any DESSERT!!! I just had my steak, my potato, and my veggies(steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots!~)

But wayyyyyy too much tea...so now I'm buzzing from Caffein...
Old 01-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #75  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Good evening ladies

Just a quick note to say...

water excellent
food brilliant
exercise - well...you know me...not too active, but i've not been a couch potatoe either!!! lol

Must dash as i've got a 1001 things to do before school tomorrow!