Scale Addicts Anonymous Xmas Version

You're on Page 3 of 8
Go to
  • Hi Physdom! Thanks for stopping by. Yes we are a small group. We are missing one of our group but her husband has just gone on tour of duty and she's left with three littleones at home on the base so it's understandable how busy that canbe.

WHat kind of scale do you have? I need a new one. Mine is a cheapie from walmart. So I never really can trust it. You are only pound away from december goal! Wonderful!!

Eating was great today. so was water and exercise. Hope everyone is enjoying the last week of days before xmas!
  • Hmm... I think that I have a tanita something-something... I bought it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond with a 20% off coupon, so I'm pleased with it. I'll check tonight to see what kind... I really like it, though. It remembers 2 different people (as long as they don't weigh the same) so when I step on it it can recognize me as me and not my boyfriend. It was a little tricky for a while, though, b/c I started about 10 lbs heavier than him, so once I started loosing it would confuse me with him and then read 15% body fat! (That's about 20% off the mark...)
    And, as of this morning, I met my December goal!!

(Though I must admit that I started the Monday after Thanksgiving, so I had an extra week and also a lot of easy-to-loose water and I-just-pigged-out weight!)

Yesterday I ate well, I made pizza's with my boyfriend and it was loaded with veggies, a little chicken sausage, and I just used 2 oz of cheese for the whole thing... he said that I was crazy -- he couldn't even see the cheese!
    Exercise is slow since I'm so busy, but I'm trying to get pilates in every day as part of a 21-day challenge.
  • Hay Phys! Great to see you again. Thanks for the info on the scales. I don't have to worry bout it thinking anyone other than me...maybe my dogs?

My ex made the best pizzas..whole wheat pitas...not the pocket kind...with grilled veggies, chicken and feta and goat cheese..I LOVE goat cheeze!

COngrats on meeting your goal!!! Point is you made it!! I'm workign on mine...5lbs to go by dec 31...so we'll see...

Eating is good, water is really good..>EXERCISE GREAT!!

I'd love to do pilates... I think I'm going to scam my friend's tape and record it on my dvr so I can do it in the mornings.

See everyone tomorrow!
  • Welcome PhysDom!

You will just love the gals on this thread. They are so supportive and lots of fun!

Feel like I am coming down with the flu. That figures. I get time off from work to be sick.

Will check in with you all a bit later. Think I had better get to bed.
  • I definately suggest pilates in the morning. When I do it in the morning, I get a really nice stretch... my bones feel a little 'creaky' and it's nice to get that pull in my muscles -- and I don't get that when I do it in the afternoon.

Flower, I understand that getting sick just as soon as you have time off thing!! I used to get sick twice a year -- at the start of winter break and then again at the start of the summer break. I knew that I couldn't afford to be sick during school, so it just came as soon as I would have time to recover.
    Lot's of fluids, lots of hugs... you know the drill.

*s*
  • THe Wisdom of PhysDom! That has a ring!

Poor FLower, I hate that when it happens...get sick during holidays.

Eating has been excellent, Water excellent, Exercise SUPER excellent! Plus I got off work early..always a nice treat!

See everyone tomorrow
  • ok you know what really sucks...when you exercise, watch what you eat, bea good little SAAer and finally step on the scale and see that you've gained 5lbs in two days..go figger!

Soooooooo needless to say I'm rather miffed.

Eating still good and exercise and water good. This is all good because usually when the scale goes up, i fall off and go on an eating binge...So my will power must be growing!

Hope everyone is safe and happy!

Michele
  • Hi everyone!!!

It's about 50F here today and the sun is shining!!!! I can't believe it is so warm with only a day to go til christmas eve. I am in the south of the country so it is a bit warmer than the north (where i was brought up) but still i'm running around in a jacket!!!!

Splashes 5lb gain???? maybe it's your dodgy scales??? you seem to have been doing really well lately?? go get a new pair like phys!!

Flower - huggs sent your way....hope your feeling better soon

Phys - welcome to the group, it is a bit quiet at the moment, but we're a good bunch of SA's

Anyway guys i've still got Christmas shopping to do....so i'll wish you all a very happy Christmas and i hope santa brings you everything you've asked for!!
  • Hello, everyone! I was browsing through the different support groups here and thought this one would be a great one to join.. being a scale addict and all. Hope you don't mind!

My highest weight is 185lbs.. but I've made it down to 160 a few times, only to end up gaining it back after a while. This time I plan to go BELOW 160 and STAY there. Haha. Hopefully I can stick with good eating habits this time.

Hotsplashes: There's no way you gained 5lbs in two days. You must just be retaining water for whatever reason.. eat a lot of salty foods? Maybe TOM? Either way, I wouldn't worry about it at all. =)
  • Happy HOHO EVE to evryone!!!

Welcome XER!!! You and I are sitting about the same and going for the same goals! Now we can do it together! Welcome to SAA!~!! We're a small but dedicated group.

Tulip, 50 and sunny??? Send some this way!Lol I guess I can't complain, 48 and rainy...

Well, guess wht...I got on the scale yesterday moring...the 5lbs was gone! Xer, I think you're right...water gain...end of TOM....And Tulip, I'm gonna send Santa a quick email asking for new scales!!!!lol

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Holiday....enjoy the time with friends and family...I'll see everyone later tomorrow nite after I go have xmas dinner at my friend's house!
  • I'm glad it was just water weight after all, Hotsplashes. =) I wish mine would go away! I screwed up on my birth control pill a week ago and ended up having to start over.. my body is going crazy and I've had my TOM for the second time in under a week.. It should be almost done soon, though! I hope. This is the longest one I can remember having. >\

I agree.. I could do with some of that 50F weather. Or at least enough warmth that I don't have to scrape my car every morning! That can be a pain in the butt.. though I suppose it's working my arm muscles since they get so sore after!

Good luck with your holiday everyone! I know I'm just going to let myself splurge when it comes to tonight and tomorrow night.. I figure.. Well, it's Christmas. There's two or three days in the year that eating whatever you want wont hurt. Mine being.. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and my birthday. I still plan on eating well up until the big meals, however.

Merry Chrismahanakwanzayule!
  • Happy HOHO to everyone...I hope Santa was good to everyone and their kids!! I'm off to friends' houses for xmas dinner...Xer I hear ya on the few days a year...you forgot Easter for another day!!! Can't do without the choklit bunnies!

Xer i hear ya on the bcpill thing...i was on one once that gave me ToM 2-3 times a month...it sucked...are you going to try a new one?

Ok everyone...time to go give the critters their pressies...See everyone Tomorrow!!!
  • I think I made out pretty good this year. Got a new digital camera and a ton of money for my Japan trip in June. =D

I didn't even end up eating as much as I expected to. Probably around 2000 calories a day. The way it should be. But it's back to the diet now!

Actually, my BC has been pretty good to me until now. I just forgot to take it two days in a row LOL. Whoooooopse.
  • Xer you will LOVE Japan! I lived in Okinawa for 3 months...if you can...go to OKINAWA...completely different than mainland Japan...both Islands are wonderful...but I love Okinawa....

Glad to hear eating was undercontrol..mine wasn't!Lol but I didn't totally pig out...Self Control was observed somewhat!lol

What kind of camera did you get? I advise getting Digital Photography for Dummies...even if you just want to take regular pics...it's a great source of info for making your pics turn out all that much better!

I've got a Canon GX5...when I got it it was top of th eline...still a great camera but they've madeleaps and bounds and dropped pricing on digitals in the last 2 years...I love my camera..still learning how to use all the billions of functions it has!lol

Well gang...eating has been ok...water soso...no exercise other than walking the dogs...but it's back to the grindstone tomorrow!!

Hope everyone had a HAppy HOHO!!
  • I'm actually going with a school group if I do end up going.. we're going to mainly be staying in the Tokyo area because that is where my teacher is from and she'll be taking us different places. I don't imagine I'll leave without wanting to go back, though!

I got a Sony Cyber-Shot, 4.1 megapixels. I WAS supposed to get the top of the line camera right now which is like.. 7.1 megapixels (Which is crazy) but my mother and I worked it out so I'd get the next step down and another $100 towards my trip. I probably don't need a camera that good anyways. Hehe.

I'll have to reserve that book from the library! Or step into a bookstore with my mom and have her buy it for me. LOL. I -LOVE- books, but I hate buying them. It always seems like they're so expensive to me.. =\

Yesterday was alright, I ate well until the evening and then I had a big chunk of fudge. I stayed within my calorie range but I still feel I could have spent those calories more wisely.

Stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down ~.5lbs from Friday. =)