Old 11-08-2005, 11:39 PM   #1  

Smile Hi! I'm the new gal.

I just want to introduce myself. My name is Louise. My best friend, Kim, told me about this site and forum. She said it's been very helpful to her. I'm 38 years old. I've lost 23 pounds since mid-August. I attend Weight Watchers with my cousin, Vaughan. Tonight at weigh in, I weighed 199.8. Unfortunately, they had to round it up to 200. I was sick as I wanted so bad to be under 200 finally. My cousin reminded me though that technically 199.8 is under 200. That made me feel better. I just purchased a treadmill a few weeks ago and am now up to an hour a day 5 days a week. I'm really feeling energized. I just wish I'd see a little bit more of a loss on the scale. I'm still averaging about 2 pounds a week. After walking so much, I must admit, that's a little discouraging. I have a 2 and 1/2 year old daughter. I stay at home with her. I love her dearly but must admit, I need more "me" time. I'm glad to finally be focusing on myself some and am making changes for the better. I know until I get this aspect of my life under control, I can't possibly be the mom I want to be nor the example I want to be for my daughter. It's so refreshing to know there is somewhere I can go to talk to people who understand the life long struggle of losing weight. I'm glad to join this group and looking forward to getting to know you. I have no problem admitting I need support. Let's help one another.
a10inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Welcome to 3FC, this really is a great place to get and stay motivated...but you've done a great job already Don't get discouraged about 2 lbs. a week that is actually very good. When you're doing it the right way it does take longer to come off, but it stays off for good because you've changed your lifestyle. The quick losses that come through too strict diets and other unhealthy things don't last forever and in the long run you gain it back...better to go 2lbs. a week and keep it off forever, right?

I know what you mean about me time and you are right to focus on yourself. I have two children, 1 &3 years old, so trust me I understand I let myself go in every way but am now getting myself back together again. I can't be the best mom if I am not caring for myself.

You are welcome to join my group, Summer Starters, you can find the link in the support groups section where you posted his message. We are a very wam, awesome group of ladies and you'll get TONS of motivation, support, and cheering. We complain, whine, laugh, celebrate, just go through every step of this process together and I don't think I'd still be at this if it weren't for them. We even have KayElle, who has reached her goal and is now maintaining and she is an excellent source of inspiration for me...she went from around 250 to 150, so she is great if you need motivation.

Pop on in and say hello, we'd love to have you.

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:26 AM   #3  

Your friend is right this is an AWESOME site! Congrats on your loss so far! We have alot in common. I see we started out and are both now about the same stage. I am technically 199.5, but my ticker doesn't do half pounds. I started out a year ago at 224. I am a stay at home mom of a 2 1/2 year old girl and a 1 year old boy. I also babysit 2 other kids ages 5 and 2 1/2. So boy can I relate to the me time!

Just to help encourage you a bit 2 pounds is a perfect loss! WW recommends anything form 1/2 to 2 pounds a week. Theresa was right, anything faster is not healthy and won't stay off. Sometimes it helps to measure yourself too. When we exercise that lean muscle comes on and we may not see the scale move alot but our bodies are getting slimmer. I love my treadmill, aren't they great?

I belong to the Slimmin's Sistas, you are welcome to join us as well. We're under WW groups and clubs, other groups and clubs. Anotehr great group of wonderful supportive people. I actually do a couplegroups b/c it's nice to get all the support I can.

Welcome and I hope you find the support you need!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:45 PM   #4  

Purple Firefly and Misty September,
Thanks so much for the welcome and encouragement. I've been trying for 2 days to get back on and answer you both. However, my daughter was wanting Mama every time I tried. My husband is off today, so now's my chance. I appreciate the info about your forums too. I will have to go check them out. I guess I was silly being discouraged about a 2 pound a week average weight loss. I just feel like I have so far to go to get to where I want to be, I'm just hoping it would come off faster. You're right though; this is the healthy way. I'm really proud of myself. I did an hour and 1/2 on the treadmill yesterday. I can't walk as fast as I use to (either I'm not as young as I use to be or I'm much heavier than ever). I'm walking 3.2 miles and hour. So, I walked 4.5 miles yesterday. It was invigorating. Sorry, I'm not answering you each individually (even though the hubby is home, it'll be no time before Mama is needed). I just wanted ya'll to know I appreciate you. Best wishes to you both in your weight loss endeavors. Hopefully, I'll get a chance soon to check out your forums. Take Care
Old 11-11-2005, 03:26 PM   #5  
banned

i have a question....
why did they HAVE to round it? our scales are digital and they dont round the numbers up or down they just write what is.
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:37 AM   #6  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey girl! I saw your post and decided to reply!!
Come on over to Moms ready to take care of mom! You are doing so great!!! I am really proud of you!!! Right now, you are my inspiration!!! Keep up the great work!!!

Andrea ~ I use to go to the weight watchers she goes to and yes, they always round up the weight if it is .5 or above or down if it is .4 or below. I thought all WW groups did that! I wonder why they are different???
Kim
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:38 AM   #7  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Sorry, I think they do give you half pounds...So they round it to the nearest half pound.....is that right Lou???
Kim
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 09:08 PM   #8  

Default Ww Rounding

The weight watchers I go to round to the nearest 1/2 pound.