Old 12-02-2005, 12:29 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 199/196/170

Height: 5'4

hello guys, sorry been really busy at work, glad to read all the new posts and see all the great new people, way to go!!!! together we can do this, I weighed in tonight at TOPS and I am down again, only 1/2 pound but I will take it, I received a charm for losing 5 pounds, my first one. Welcome Sea.
Well I have to confuss too, I made my husband go out and buy me some fried chicken, he couldn't believe it even, but you know I have been very good for the past couple of weeks I thought just this one time wouldn't be too bad, what I found was I really didn't enjoy it as much as I thought i would. I find I am really thinking of the food I put into my body more and not wanting some of the greasy foods I usually want, that is my downfall, not cakes, cookies or sweets, the greasier and saltier the better.
Anyway I guess if you's are giving out cyber kicks, I had better bend over, hehe

Lynda
homemade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:24 PM   #77  
lose2win

Lynda, Congratulations on the weight loss. That is awesome! I agree with you I have been physically feeling much better since I have been more conscience of the food I am eating. And then when you slip up and eat one bad thing you regret it. But...deprivation isn't good either, sometimes you have to feed your cravings so they don't get out of hand. Good job on the weight loss.

Emjay
emjay71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 08:33 PM   #78  
30 lost, 55 to go!

Hello ladies.

Well, got home from work much earlier today. Yay! It's Friday! I love Friday, in fact, I love Friday the best when it's 4:30. I don't have to come in and work at all this weekend...I'm going to shut my cell phone off.

Don't know why I'm in such a good mood. Maybe because Christmas is coming, and I've got a lot of shopping done. Still a lot more to do though.

Today I was pretty behaved with food. Fruit for breaky, fruit & a bagel for lunch, going to have a tiny little steak with veggies for dinner. I did dip into the chips & salsa, but only a handful of chips. Plus, they are organic chips and fairly healthy salsa, so only a tiny little cyberkick for me. I rented The Skeleton Key to watch tonight....so I'm guessing it will be a snacking on popcorn kind of night.

Lynda, I understand what you said about not enjoying the greasy chicken as much as you had anticipated. I went McDonalds free for one entire year (it started when I watched SuperSize Me last year). In fact, I didn't go to any of the big fast-food burger chains. Well, I had McDonalds for the first time last October when we were in Montreal. I was really shocked with how bland it tasted. The fries didn't taste anything like I remember, nor did the Big Mac. In fact...I found it had very little taste at all...so I haven't been back. Sometimes all it takes is a little time to break the addiction...then you realize it was nothing like you remembered.

Congrats on the loss by the way. Good Job!
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 10:11 PM   #79  
lose2win

Hi all,

Didn't do too bad w/ food today, until dinner. Went out to dinner to a grill your own steak restaurant with the hubby. We split a steak and I eat very little of it, but I overdo a little on the fried potatoes and sauteed (in butter) portabello mushrooms. Oh yeah and a few mixed drinks (with diet coke though). I made sure I did the 1 mile WATP before we went. I'm going to try to do the 3-mile tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great Friday!

Emjay

p.s. I have to rent supersize me. Can you beleive I have yet to see it?!?!
Old 12-03-2005, 04:28 PM   #80  

Hi everybody. Glad to come back and find lots of posts! I didnt make it in here myself yesterday. Had a busy day at work then last night we had a town Christmas thing where all the merchants stay open later with sales, and churches and organizations have booths set up down the streets with things like homemade chili, hot chocolate, fried twinkies etc. Didnt splurge on anything except the hot chocolate. Afterward, my friend Brenda and I went to Western Sizzlin and had chicken tips w/bell peppers/onions and asked to have our potato replaced with salad. It was really good and I was glad we didnt give in to fast food or the stuff at the square.

Never got in any exercise yesterday but we walked alot at the Christmas function. Havent done any yet today either but I will before the night's end. I'm really feeling good about Monday's weigh-in. I have eaten and exercised better this last week than I have in over 6 months.

I dont really have time to address any individual posts but I'm really glad to hear from all of you. Hope you all have a great weekend and I'll check in again before the weekend is over.

Miki
MikiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:52 PM   #81  
lose2win

Not too bad with eating today. But I am going out to dinner again tonight, my sisters work Christmas party. Late notice so I was unable to do my 3mile WATP due to time crunch. But I'm going to do the 1-mile right now before I go. I love how fast it is to do it. I really have a hard time finding an excuse not to do it. And I feel as though I have really done something afterward. I'm going to try not to splurge too badly on the food tonight. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Hope to hear from everyone soon.

Emjay
Old 12-04-2005, 02:02 PM   #82  

Hi Everyone,

I havent been here in a couple of days. I've been doing pretty good with the eating thing, except I had a couple of cookies yesterday... Yesterday my Dad and I went to Sears (he wants to lose some weight too) and he bought an eliptical machine and a really nice exercise bike.. I couldnt believe it, so I am super excited to be able to actually do this stuff at home instead of going to the gym.

Miki, good job on the not splurging at your christmas thing

Well I just wanted to check in and say Hi to everyone.. Have a good day!
sweetn'crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:18 PM   #83  
30 lost, 55 to go!

Good morning all.

Didn't get a chance to stop in yesterday. It was due to laziness, lol. Spent yesterday going out for breakfast (standard Saturday am activity), then came home to "clean" (ha ha ha ha ha), watched TV, fell asleep, then did a run out to Walmart (had to visit the local evil corporation to pick up some makeup), then out to the company Christmas Party. It was a nice party, the food was very good (turkey was really nicely done)...then we went out for coffee after. Exciting eh? Oh yea, I stayed up until 3:00 am loading all my favourite songs from my CDs into my Ipod shuffle. It's the smallest, cheapest Ipod you can buy (no screen, 512 mb)...and it still ate all the music I had with room for more. Amazing.

Good news for me today...2 lbs dead and gone. Well, I tend to go up and down and up and down...so I hope this is down for good. It does mean I'm no longer fighting with the same 2 lbs...this is a NEW 2lbs! So, I am pretty happy for now.

Allison, I'm excited for you about the machines. I tried an eliptical once...hurt my knees, but an amazing workout for my heart. The bike sounds nice too, I'm happy for you!

Emjay, how was the Christmas Party? Hope you had fun. I did splurge a little at mine...I had a dessert and 2 drinky poos! It was a chocollate/rasberry mouse (moose? lol). I enjoyed it though, I won't let it kill my will for the rest of the week. Hope you had fun at yours too.

Miki, good job not giving in to the treats at the event. I have never seen a fried twinkie in real life...but I saw one on TV and it looked weird. I've always been glad they haven't made it big here in Calgary...because I would have to try it just to see what it was like (& if it was good I'd be in trouble, lol).

Well, today is a day of cleaning (no really, this time I have to). Laundry is on the go & ready to be switched over. Have a great day all!
Old 12-04-2005, 05:20 PM   #84  
lose2win

I have done very well with food today. Most of the day I was on a holiday home tour in the town I live in, so really no time to eat. Came home ravished and had a deli ham sandwich with a slice of mozzarella cheese on the super healthy wheat bread (you know the kind that one slice weighs about 3 lbs.) and a few tortilla chips. Haven't excercised yet today but did a ton of walking on the tour, I still plan on getting my 1-mile WATP in yet though.

WW, Congratulations on the weight loss, that is great. Keep up the good work! You sound like you hate house work as much as I do. I dread it and have to force myself to do it usually. I think it is why I entertain so much, then I have to clean, lol.

Allison, I am so jealous of you for getting an eliptical machine. I would love one, it is my favorite thing at the gym (when I used to go). If you spend any amount of time on that daily you will be in great shape in no time.

Miki, Congrats on not overdoing it at the christmas thing. I'm with WW I have never tried a fried twinky before and I don't think I ever will. It sounds dangerous! Have you ever had one? Are they good? I have a friend that has never tried a krispy kreme donut before, how smart is that? Unfortunately I have and I love them and ususally cannot eat just one. Sometimes it makes sense not to try something for the first time if you know it is bad. Easier said than done though.

Hello to everyone else! Hope you are all fine.

Emjay
Old 12-05-2005, 08:09 AM   #85  

Hey there!
Once again I am running sooo late this morning! Another quick post but just had to let ya'll know about my weigh-today...I lost 4 lbs! Skipping that twinkie was definitely worth it and by the way, I have never tried one. Just couldnt seem to give up that many calories for it altho they looked really good. They're on a stck like a corndog, deep fried in a batter then sprinkled with powdered sugar. Like they arent already fattening, lets add flour and grease and more sugar.

Congrats to everyone else also. Sounds like the group is doing great. At least so far even the ones of us (like me) who cheated or splurged some still know to get right back on track! That's the key...not to give up even when we mess up.

Anyway, already going to be late for work so better run.

Later!
MIKI
Old 12-05-2005, 02:10 PM   #86  

Miki!! That's awesome!!! 4 pounds is definatley a pretty big accomplishment! Congratulations!
Old 12-05-2005, 06:42 PM   #87  
lose2win

Not much time to type right now. Didn't excercise yesterday but I better make myself tonight. I will feel awful if I don't. Did ok with eating all day today, until dinner. Four pieces of pizza, that's right I said four. Did I mention I love pizza and I was over hungry, didn't get an afternoon snack in.

Well anyways, Congratulations Miki. Four lbs. that is awesome. I hope I can do half that well tomorrow with my weigh in. Keep up the good work.

Emjay
Old 12-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #88  
30 lost, 55 to go!

Hello all, just popping in for my daily check in. Did very well with the eating today...actually I think I haven't eaten enough. I'm at just over 1000 calories for the day, and I usually diet on 1500...so I need to pop something into my mouth to throw a few hundred more cals in (hello non-fat ice cream sandwich!). I went shopping at lunch, and can't eat any food at my desk that is cooked, or gives off a food smell (or people will complain)....so lunch was 2 oranges, a banana, an apple pear, a juice box and a bag of snow peas. Normally I'd have a bagel or sandwich with that...but didn't have one nearby and no time to run to the kitchen.

Tonight we had Taco's for dinner, with ground turkey instead of beef. I thought I was killing myself with the calories, but it turns out the shells I bought only have 150 cals, 6 g fat & 10 mg salt for every 3 taco shells. Wow, nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. I guess they must be baked instead of deep fried.

Way to go Miki! 4 lbs. is really great. I'm going to dream about that twinkie man...I loved them as a child...how nice of them to make them even fattier for my adulthood, lol.

Emjay, forgive the pizza. I'm the same way with it. I can't just have one slice and usually end up eating way too much of it. It is one of my favourite foods...especially greek pizza (I love olives & feta cheese).

Allison, any word on when your dad's exercise equipment will arrive? I'm excited for you!

Well, I should get to work on the dishes. If I leave it too late...they will still be there tomorrow, lol. Have a good night everyone.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:18 PM   #89  

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would check in and say Hello. I didn't do so good with the food thing today. I snacked a lot, and not on healthy stuff either. I am going on the new exercise equipment tonight though, so it will help a little.

WW - Way to go on the calories for today! We already have the exercise equipment, and my Dad is setting it up tonight. I'm so excited, I am going to use it as soon as I get home.

Emjay - Don't worry too much about the pizza... I'm in love with pizza too... I can never eat just one piece. Oh well.

It is really cold today (about 7 degrees) which is never good. I hate winter by the way.

Well I hope everybody's day was good. I will stop in tomorrow and say hi! Have a great day!
Old 12-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #90  

Hi again everybody

Emjay, pizza is a major temptation for me too. Finger foods, chip/dip, pizza....all that kind of stuff is what I LOVE! Just get in some exercise tonight and you'll do fine. Good luck on your weigh-in!

WW, way to go on 2 more lbs gone! I'm envious that you have to actually look for more calories to make sure you get enough..I never have that problem. If you dont mind me asking...what kind of ipod did you get, where and what price range? I would love to have one but know nothing about them.

Allison, how cool your dad is buying not one but two pieces of exercise equipment! Maybe you two could challenge each other to make it interesting.

My sister and I walked 2 miles this morning at 6am. It was 22 degrees out. I had on a pair of jeans with a pair of sweatpants over them. I had on a long sleeved-shirt under a sweat jacket underneath a coat. Both of us had those toboggans (sp?) that cover your whole face with just the eyes showing. I'm sure we were scary looking. By the time we started the second mile tho, we were unzipping and peeling back the masks.

For lunch I had more soup but I didnt even find time to heat it up until almost 4:00 this afternoon. I had a banana for breakfast. Tonight I pan fried some boneless breakfast pork chops, just a little oil and onions, no flour. With that we had green beans and stewed squash. For dessert I had a fat free chocolate pudding.

Where is Linda, Debbie, Cwbydeb, Yogini, Shawna and Sea?? I hope they are all doing ok. Ya'll come back and join us! ( I hope I didnt forget anyone.)

Well, I still want to try to do my AirWalker and I havent ironed for tomorrow yet so I better get off here.

Bye for now
Miki