Old 11-21-2005, 04:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 199/196/170

Height: 5'4

Hey guys, I'ld like to join your group, can you use one more, I am trying to lose 50 pounds, wow just typing it in gives me chills, I have always been a little over weight but gained alot the past few years, that is because I just tried to deny it and ignore it, but everyone else could sure see it, anyway, I have never been more serious about just eating right and getting healthy, because I don't feel very healthy lately and cant do much without getting tired. I joined Tops 6 months ago, didn't bother to show up much till 3 weeks ago, but since then I have lost 5 pounds, and since i have got on here I have learned soooo much, and got sooo much support
I also need accountablity, I owe it to my self, so lets work together and Do this for OURSELVES.
lynda
homemade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 06:19 PM   #17  
lose2win

Hey girls,

Well here it is, my pre Thanksgiving weight. 234 lbs. That was hard. But I'm on a mission to not gain any weight during the holidays. Please remind me if I forget to report my January 1st weight as well. Today went okay food wise, could have been better though and I haven't excercised yet. But I'm hoping to do my walk away the lbs. tape before I go to bed. Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Lynda, Of course we have room for another. I could use an army to help me get my weight off. Congratulations on the 5 lbs. I would love to lose 5 lbs. And then another 5 and then another 5. I hope we can all do it together.

Talk to you soon, emjay
emjay71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:51 PM   #18  

Hi again

Well, I am pleased to say I just finished 40 more minutes on my AirWalker! With the 20 this morning, that makes an hour..Yeahhh

Tonight I had a big salad of lettuce, tomato, carrots, cabbage, black olives and Fat free ranch dressing. With it, I had a bowl of rice. (weird combination I know lol) Wanted the salad but wanted something filling also.

I'm really excited to have ya'll here!! It's sooo much easier to stick with something when you have someone to talk to about it all. (Hubby's doing the diet with me I know but nothing beats girl talk..lol)

Emjay, admitting your weight is a big start toward reaching your goal! Wasnt easy for me the first time either. My husband knows mine now but I wouldnt tell even him for YEARS!!

Well, once again I still have to iron for tomorrow. Better get off here for now. Cant wait to see how we all make it through Thanksgiving but until then, Let's all work HARD ok?

Bye for now
MIKI
MikiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:20 AM   #19  

TOPS last night....argh!!

Down half a pound. I was down 3 last week. So, a total of 4 pounds in 2 weeks...not to bad. It wasn't what I wanted but it wasn't a gain. I have been working my BUTT off and to see the needle go down only half was discouraging...but it didn't go up so I need to keep that in my mind.
~Shawna~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:55 AM   #20  

Exclamation Just Remember

Hi My Name Is Brandy And I Have A Lot More Then 50 Pounds To Lose But Dont Always Look At Just The Pounds I Bet You Are Losing Alot Of Inches With All The Hard Work You Are Putting In. Im Not Formally In Any Group As Of Yet But I Have Read Your Post And Think You Guys Are Doing Really Great. I Need To Keep A Journal And Im Already Back With The Excercising And Cutting Back On The Food. Anyways I Just Wanted To Give A Little Credit Where Credit Was Do And Keep On Losing... Brandy
brandywinered0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:36 PM   #21  

Hello everyone!

Thanks for dropping by Brandy and we'd love to have you join us regularly if you'd like.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm at work so not so great lol. (jk) Only have a minute to post. I did that 40 min on my AirWalker last night so that I could sleep in this morning, but then instead of doing that, I actually did 20 more minutes of exercise this morning. Definitely not what I would have done 2 weeks ago!

Shawna, 4 lbs in 2 weeks is a good pace. I hope I do that well. Remember, taking it off slow is actually more healthy. I've seen people lose it really really fast, and Man, sometimes it ages them doing it so fast! (of course most of the ones I know that did it exceptionally fast used drugs of some kind to get that result)

Emjay, I have those walk away the lbs tape. I really like them.

Lynda, keep up the good work of going to that gym. We dont have a TOPS around here. (or anything else for that matter...its a small town)

Well, better get to work. Just wanted to check in.
Have a good day ya'll!

Miki
Old 11-22-2005, 12:43 PM   #22  

Ok, scratch that remark about going to the gym, Lynda....I thought that's what TOPS was... A co-worker just corrected me. But she says TOPS is a good program so Still keep up the good work!
Old 11-22-2005, 02:16 PM   #23  

Thumbs up

THANKS I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN YOUR GROUP AND JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO TO BECOME A PART OF IT

Old 11-22-2005, 02:55 PM   #24  
lose2win

Welcome Brandy,

I don't think you have to do anything in particular to join our group except join in. That is what I did last week anyways.

Shawna,

Congratulations on the half pound weight loss. Don't get discouraged, some weeks are better than others when it comes to weight loss. And it usually has nothing to do with what you are doing but with how your body is adjusting. I noticed that alot when I went to WW. Plus it is so much better than gaining a half a pound.

Miki,

You are doing awesome with your excercise routine. Keep up the good work.

I did my WATP tape last night, I'm only doing 1 mile right now but trying to do it everyday. I bought the 2 mile one this morning and will do that today. I plan on doing the 3 mile one on Thursday (I'll need all the help I can get on that day).

Talk to you all soon.

Emjay

Last edited by emjay71; 11-22-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:14 PM   #25  

I'm new to the site but boy reading all your posts makes me see that I"m not struggling alone out here.

My weight has been an issue of mine my entire life. Yet i look back at pics when I was younger and geez, how I'd love to look like that. Well now here I am with 50 lbs to lose and I was working hard at it and had lost 20-25 lbs but, I've now gained it all back. I was doing the Walk away the pounds tapes but after a daily routine over 3 months of the same tape it quickly got montonous and boring which quickly lead to not getting out of bed to do the tapes. And getting up at 4:30 each morning to exercise, I'm in serious need of something enjoyable. Course for me, is any exercise enjoyable????

Any event, I'd like to join in your posts.

I also joined another thread of the 30 something with 30 something to lose. I'm 37, barely 30 something anymore As I said in that thread, I"m so depressed, just hate me and hate the fact that I"m getting nothing but older and never gonna be the happy person that I so badly want to be. I love to eat, it's the one thing that does make me happy yet the one thing that makes me happy is the very thing that causes me to hate myself even more. My husband tells me time and time again until I learn to like me, within, that it doesn't matter what I weigh. I've lost weight several times in the past, only to gain it back again.

Any event, it's comforting to read your posts and see I"m not alone with my frustrations and the turmoils of a weight issue.

Well, I'm at work, I'd better get going...........

Debbie
WannaBe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:38 PM   #26  

Glad you decided to join us Debbie. I can totally relate to what you said...I too love to eat, then get sooo mad at myself after doing it! Vicious cycle I stay on. But together, this group is going to break that cycle. I just know it.

Brandy, all you have to do to be a part of our group is post post post. We need all the motivation and support we can get and hopefully we can give some back in return.

Emjay, way to go with your WATP tape. I should dig mine out for variety instead of getting stuck on one thing.

Shawna and Lynda, hope you did well today. Post when you can.

Miki
Old 11-23-2005, 07:28 AM   #27  

Default What A Great Day

I Have Kept Up With The Excercise And Trying To Keep Up With The Water Intake I Need. Im Just So Tired And Depressed Also But I Know That I Can Do This. And I Know All Of You Can Help Me With What Needs To Be Done. Im Low On Cash Right Now So I Have Not Bought Any Of The Watp Tapes Do You Guys Enjoy Them And Can You Do Them Indoors? Anyways All Of You Have A Good Morning...
Old 11-23-2005, 07:44 AM   #28  

I have WATP 1 mile get up and get started, 2 mile high calorie burn and 3 mile super fat burning which all uses the weighted balls. Luckily my mother-in-law had bought it and wasn't using so I got from her. These are the tapes I had used faithly every day, sometimes twice a day for probably 3-4 months earlier this year. I do believe I was firming up and I had lost a good 20 lbs; however along came summer and bordem with the tapes so I haven't used them and now I find when I go back to try to use them, I'm just irritated with them because it's the same old jokes, same old laughs, same old expressions, etc. A girl at my work had the WATP express tapes so I borrowed and copied them. they use the stretch band, again they're ok, I just can't get back in the groove of using them, bored with the same old moves. No matter the tape seems you do the same moves/routine. BUT...........I have them out again today and I'm gonna try to do the 3 mile with the weighted balls. I just need to get past the bordem and realize it's for a good cause and I do feel less guilty after I've done them, guess I don't hate myself as much because I feel like I've done something good.

I want to look today and see what other tapes she might have. Does anyone else know any good tapes?

Today, being home is gonna be a tough day for me. I seem to do ok at work with my eating, but it's like I"m home, not having to put on any "front" so I comfort with food and sleep.

Hope everyone has a good day
WannaBe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:17 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 199/196/170

Height: 5'4

hey girls how is everyone doing this morning, just getting ready for work, yuk, oh well can't be helped. See we have lots of new people joining the group. WELCOME ALL. Will have more time later to chat just wanted to stop by and say hi.
Brrrr. sure is getting cold here
Lynda
homemade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:51 AM   #30  
lose2win

Hi all,

I kind of get bored with the WATP tapes too. But I was walking out side during the summer and not doing them so it seems kind of new again. I feel so much better physically and guilt wise after I have completed them that I just try to block out what they say. It is almost easy enough to follow along with that you could probably turn down the volume on the TV and turn on some motivating music. I also have the windsor pilates tape. I have never done them religiously enough to notice a big difference, but I do know that they are great for the abs because after the first time I did the 10 min tape I really felt as though I worked my abs. A lot of the celebrities do it so it probably works good. Too slow paced for me though I like the activity of the WATP. Oh yeah Watp is done inside in front of you television.

More later, Emjay