3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Looking for a "Bye-Bye Belly" Buddy (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/68431-looking-bye-bye-belly-buddy.html)

SwellN2 12-07-2005 08:29 AM

Woah, 5 degrees and -6 degrees, just hearing about that makes me want to jump back into bed and hide under the covers! It got down to 68 degrees this morning and I was freezing! I can't live where its too cold then I would never leave the house. I went to visit my grandmother a few years ago for Christmas, she lives in Canada and I wanted to come back home so bad! I only went outside twice, one time from the airport and one time to go back to the airport! Now I only visit in the summer!

Anyways girls, I bought the Carmen Electra video, I bought the first one just to see how it was, now I wish I just bought the whole set. I think its so much fun. I told my boyfriend I bought it and he just had a huge grin :D on his face! But I'm not perfoming for anyone until I lose another 30 lbs or more! Well ladies I have to run for now, hope you all try to stay focused, I know how hard that can be but we can do this!!! Have a great day!

akcowgirl 12-07-2005 02:11 PM

Good Morning Ladies
How many calories do you burn stressing out. i am totally stressed out today and i don't know why. i think i am just tired, i am helping my best friend pack up her house to move to indiana, and i don't know what i am going to do with out her. she is my only close friend. Well prime example of how much alaska weather can change, today it is 40 degrees, raining and blowing about 45 miles an hour. so SwellN2 you got the carmin electra dvd, i love mine so much i want the whole set to. i let DH watch the ending credits when she is in the darkend room and he said he could not wait to see me do that. i feel the same way you do through, not letting anyone watch me untill i lose a lot. well ladies i need to go and update my fitday. hope everyone has a great day and keep your chins up it happen even if it can be slow some times. :hug:

shananigans 12-07-2005 02:25 PM

I came down with a nasty head cold and haven’t been to the gym since Thursday. Just been drinking lots of tea and trying to get healthy so I can get back into my regular schedule. I hate traveling to cold climates! I always come back with some bug. My head is still a bit groggy and congested, but I’m feeling loads better than I did two days ago. I’m feeling a bit sore today, but maybe that’s because I stopped taking the cold medicine and am just noticing the achy muscles. Hopefully I’ll be back at the gym by Friday.

Last night was the holiday party for my work place. It was nice, but all the food was a bit salty and starchy. Since I’ve started watching what I eat I’ve become so much pickier! At last it kept me from over indulging.

Stay warm and healthy, and keep on track! Hope you ladies all are having a good day.

akcowgirl 12-14-2005 06:42 PM

were is everyone, are we putting things on hold till after christmas? please let us know???

Iowachic 12-14-2005 07:28 PM

I've got finals next week and a ton of papers and projects to grade this week. We'll be at my parents for X-mas this weekend and then up to my husband's parents next weekend and gone for a week. This is kind of a hectic time of year for me. I'm still trying to watch what I eat and walking the dog. Haven't done much else to add exercise. I'll try harder after the holidays when things calm down a bit. Hope everyone is having a good holiday season. Merry Christmas everyone!:candy:

Rachel

KristyLou 12-15-2005 05:10 PM

Hello......

Hello Everyone!
I would like to join your group, sounds like you all give great advice and support to each other and I think that is just what I need. I am a 29 year old mom of a 2 year old and I have tried to lose weight my whole life it seems. Right now I am back on ww and I am down 11 pounds but feel the frustration of it not coming up quicker. Besides that I live with a Diet **** who tries to temp me it seems at every turn. I know I can do this, but also know that I need support. Hope you don't mind me butting in!

SwellN2 12-15-2005 08:00 PM

:welcome: hey welcome Kristy, well we used to give each other a lot of advice. We have all stopped writing for a little while but hopefully after the holidays we can get back on track. I have finals this week also and just tring to get everything together for christmas. I havent been working out much:( I still try to cut back on my calories so right now Im just at a stand still. This time of year is really hectic for everyone but I know well find more time for support after christmas!
I hope we will be able to help and support you Kristy, everyone here is really nice and we're all just struggling together.

To everyone else I hope you still are keeping at it, I think this is the WORST time of year to think about dieting but right now I'm just hoping I dont gain any back!!!!

:tree:HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! :xcheer:

KristyLou 12-15-2005 08:32 PM

Thanks Swell.........

Swell:
Thanks for the Welcome. I know how crazy this time of year is. I just said to my mom yesterday that I never realized how stressful Christmas was in tell I had my son. With the running around it is hard to find the time to work out or to eat a good healthy meal. I just keep telling myself that “Thin feels better than anything tastes”. That little saying keeps me going most of the time; I do have to confess I did have a dingdong last night though. Oh well baby steps and get right back on with the program. I had stopped going to WW right before Thanksgiving and will go back for the first time since this weekend. I am so not looking forward to what the scale may say! DUM DA DUM DUM! Oh well we can just hope for the best and if it is not then use it as motivation for the next week. Hope to lose another 5 by Christmas! Thanks again for the hello. I hope I can be of some help to you too!

Iowachic 12-16-2005 08:54 AM

Welcome Kristy! It's always nice to have another perspective. Good luck with your weigh in. I too have been having a hard time getting to the gym. There are so many errands to run when I get done with work. I should start getting up early and going. But I'm not a morning person. I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and make time. Thanks for joining us. Hopefully we can all get back on the wagon after the holidays.

Rachel

KristyLou 12-16-2005 02:31 PM

Hello Iowa

I agree Iowa it's a bad time of year to be on a diet! I say this after I just had about 3 hand fulls of cheese popcorn here at work! AHHHHH it makes it even harder when your the only one dieting and people keep bringing in holiday goodies! But on a good note today is casual day at my work and when deciding what to wair I cam accross an old pair of jeans that have not fit since prior to my son being born. I slipped them on and hey THEY FIT!:carrot: I was so happy! Thats the kind of stuff that just makes you keep going!

Have a great day!

KristyLou 12-17-2005 02:45 PM

Back on the wagon!

Hey Everyone........Well I took the step and went back to WW for a weigh in after not being there for several weeks (since thanksgiving). I did not lose but I did not gain so I guess I should be happy. I am hopping to lose 5 lbs by Christmas. Hey, I know it is a challange but I am going to give it a shot. Well now that I am back on the wagon I have to do the best I can not to fall of again. It is so hard because I am a person that eats just because, not really becasue I am hungry. This time of year is the worst. Anyone have any suggestions on how not to over indulge while at a holiday party! Well I hope all of you had a great week to. I have to tell myself one day at a time baby steps will get me to my goal. I know I can make it. I would like to be at my goal by September of 2006! Have a great week chicks!

akcowgirl 12-28-2005 06:04 PM

Hi Ladies
sorry i have been incomunicado, i love this time a year but i hate it to. I am trying to get my life back on track, we had a great christmas but it was hectic(sp) and to top it off we were trying to get my best friends house all packed up to move. lots of late night with pizza and soda:o it was bad and i have been afraid to get on the scale sents then. But i did just order two new vidios from yoga booty ballet. they look like they could be fun. I hope that eveyone had a great christmas and did not fall to far off the wagon. have a great day everyone.

akcowgirl 12-31-2005 07:17 PM

Oh were Oh were have my buddies all gone???
is anyone still around? please let us know!!!
I have started a new and promising(sp) diet i want to share it with someone.

Iowachic 01-29-2006 11:56 AM

How is everyone doing? I have had a really hard time getting back on the wagon since Christmas. I did pretty well for a couple of weeks and then my husband and I got the flu.:( I also gained about 5 pounds over Christmas. I think I am pretty much back where I started.:doh: I intend to get my lazy butt out of bed this week and get to the gym early. I really am not happy about the way I look and feel right now.:mad: Well, I hope everyone else is doing better than I am. I joined a challenge earlier this month to lose 10 lbs by Valentine's Day. I only have about two weeks left now and I still have about 5 lbs to lose. :yikes:

Rachel

akcowgirl 01-29-2006 01:32 PM

Hi i am still around, i don't know about anyone else. i have gotten a membership to the gym and have been trying to go 4 to 5 times a week. I have been sick for the last week and have not gone, but i am going to get back on it this week. good luck at the gym.