Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 04:52 PM   #61  

Hi Cowsies. I have a new daughter-in-law. She and DS married in the judges chambers today. The mother of the bride and mother of the groom were witnesses and DH was the official photographer. And that's the news from here.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:03 PM   #62  
loves kleenex box art

Well, that's SOME news!! Congratulations Wabbo-in-law. Will we be receiving photos?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:11 PM   #63  

Congratulations Wabby!!! I hope she is a loverly addition to the Wabbyherd.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:12 PM   #64  

Where did these come from ? How fun! Makes me almost be able to tolerate that dancing carrot

Old 11-15-2005, 05:40 PM   #65  
loves kleenex box art

I have to see. What ARE they doing?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:50 PM   #66  

Yup. She's a very wonderful addition to our family. DS is very lucky and of course, so is my DDIL to have my sweet boy for a spouse. They are very young, but so crazy in love it makes my heart ache. I was a leetle bit weepy this morning thinking about my boy getting married, but it's all good. They plan on a big hoopla reception next spring after the baby has arrived.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:03 PM   #67  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
Hi Cowsies. I have a new daughter-in-law. She and DS married in the judges chambers today. The mother of the bride and mother of the groom were witnesses and DH was the official photographer. And that's the news from here.
Oh I'm so happy for them!! You seem very pleased too, that's fantastic! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
PS: KIWI must be tired.. I noticed at least 2 typos in her posts...
Okay, you got me, where? You know I'm a perfectionist, right? Nothing I like better than proofreading.

We are having a blizzard!! I had a snowball fight with the dog! Well, not exactly a fight. I made them. I threw them. She ate them.

Kiwi
Old 11-15-2005, 06:10 PM   #68  
loves kleenex box art

The DDIL is lucky indeed.

I am so bored. DS won't be home til 9:30. I am SO BOREDORRAMAMAAAAA.

And HErbie is a
Old 11-15-2005, 06:14 PM   #69  
fatter than U

Smile

Aww, that's so sweet, Wabby. Congratulations! Here's a tap dancing turkey for the mother of the groom.

I came away from the healthy breakfast yesterday with 4 lbs of organic carrots and two packages of smoked turkey luncheon meat. Recipes please?

My attempt at being southern:
I's don' know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies, Miz Scahhlett!

Should I go to bed now? Magic 8 Ball says: YES
Old 11-15-2005, 06:18 PM   #70  

Quote:
And HErbie is a
I think you're being kind, Peach.

I am so bored too. I'm too antsy to get any work done today. I have another hour and 15 minutes left to endure. Argh. I don't know if I can do it.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:41 PM   #71  
loves kleenex box art

Wabby, ask the boss if you can go home.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:48 PM   #72  

Congrats, Wabby! Be sure to tell me when y'all know the baby's, ahem, sex!!
They're BOTH lucky to have you... your supportiveness... AND their love for each other. There are worse things that can happen, aren't there? And we've all experienced at least some of them, I'm sure.

Shatz-- I don't believe I've ever seen carrots and turkey in the same recipe... but i bet if you google it, there's something somewhere.... turkey and carrot etouffee?

Cowsie-- I can't figure where exBF gets off thinking you'd want to do something for him after how wounded you were. Perhaps he is of the Clan Narcissist?

and I do think that the Homeland Security folks will want to keep an eye on these turkeys. The one on top shor' do look happy......
Old 11-16-2005, 10:37 AM   #73  

yesterday my landlady took me to her gym... it's very nice and has lots of aerobic classes...My Landlady is like 28, thin, toned, and beautiful... I should hate her. She's also finishing up her certificates to become a Personal Trainer-- and I do believe I will become her first client and project {{{horrors}}}. She started talking all fitness and health and flax seed and portion control and red meat has lots of trans fats... and and and.... . .We then went to some quaint shops to browse and had lunch at an adorable little cafe. A loverly afternoon out and about...
So I'm seriously thinking bout joining the gym.. since although I am s l o w l y loosing weight, I have the muscle tone of a jellyfish
Old 11-16-2005, 10:55 AM   #74  
loves kleenex box art

Shots, I think you are so cute!!! And I want to meet your landlady. I eat flax every day. Every single gol durn day. I put in my yogurt usually. I want to know what else she has to say.

I am eating so well. Lemme tell you about dinner.

DS loves weird food and wanted pomegranates so I squoze the juice out of one and earned the seed out of another and made vinagarette from this place pomwonderful.com. Then I made the South Beach Phase II recipe on this site that uses chicken, 2 fresh oranges (more squozing), apricots, prunes, chickpeas, spices-o-yumyum, sweet tater and onion.

It was so good. DS acted so bored.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:14 PM   #75  

Schatzi, I need your landlady. Could she make a house call to the left coast? I definitely think you should join the gym and become our poster child for muscle tone. I am not eating well - lemme tell you about my dinner - we took the newlyweds out - I had prime rib, baked potato w/ all the bad stuff, caesar salad, lots of bread and butter and a slushy alcoholic drink. None of it had flax seed.

Painty, the grandbaby is going to be a girl - anyway, that's what the ultrasound tech said and she has a 98% accuracy rate (she says).

Sugar, my recipe for carrots would be carrot cake, and I'm sure you were looking for a healthy recipe. My mil used to make a jello salad w/ sf lemon jello, grated carrots, crushed pineapple and chopped walnuts. Actually was pretty good and good for you.

DD & her bf are coming over for dinner tonight. Grilled salmon is on the menu. DD's back is hurting worse now than before the steroid injection, but I'm hoping it calms down in a few days. Otherwise she'll need to go in for another injection in 2 weeks.

I wish I could stay home and clean my house today - isn't that cwazy? actually wanting to clean. I wasn't feeling all that well last weekend and I didn't get floors mopped and the doggie footprints are driving me nutz. and the fridge needs a clean out, and the carpet could use a vacuum, the mirrors and vanity in the bathroom need a swipe, plus the deck needs a clean up.... and here I sit at the office. Durn.

I need you bovines to hang around and entertain me today. It's going to be a long one, all by myself, and no book to read.
Closed Thread