Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 02:57 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Mazarin - hope you are feeling better! I'm such a klutz that I fall every winter...many times .

Congrats on your losses Annie, Brandy & Teahoney!!

Sharon - thanks for the welcome & notes of encouragement. I'm very determined to succeed & not allow myself to ever weigh this much again. I can't believe this happened after I vowed to myself the 1st time that it wouldn't happen again . Sounds like you have a busy Thanksgiving holiday ahead of you. Hope you enjoy it, especially since you have Tracy with you this year!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving holiday!
Old 11-24-2005, 10:48 PM   #32  
Pending Email Confirmation

Yeah I am doing a lot better now, still some swelling at the top of my arm and I am stilll struggling to put my coat on and bending my arm back, but big improvement! Thanx!
Old 11-25-2005, 09:45 AM   #33  
Movin on down the scale

Well I did great yesterday, and I am still plateau'd so I am just kinda swimmin along at this 182-183 weight!!! Im sure it will break soon, b/c if it doesnt I am going to buy a new scale..lol j/k

Hope everyone else had a GREAT Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-25-2005, 10:38 AM   #34  
Conquering with SBD

Well, here I am after a very long absence this fall. Hope everyone is doing well and that you didn't eat too much turkey yesterday.

I have had trouble 'getting it together' following my mom's death in the summer and am still feeling somewhat overwhelmed by it all.

Following that, one of my staff member's died very shortly after a cancer diagnosis, so that brought the stress back all over again. Then, the wife of one of the young fellows working here (kind of a surogate son), lost their baby 2 weeks ago, and his father died the following week. AND, the real corker, is that I have started to receive hate mail at work - related to the staff member who died. Of course the hate mail is anonymous... This year has not been the best, but we are anticipating a good year next year. It starts out with our son's wedding in January, so that will be fun.

My weight has flucuated a bit the fall, due to the stress, but I am slowly getting it under control now. I have to lose a couple of pounds before the wedding in January to fit in the dress that I bought last summer - I have a back up plan if I need one, but am hoping that it is not needed.

Sounds like everyone is doing well with their Christmas shopping. I am so glad that I normally plan early because I don't think that I can get into the Christmas spirit quite yet. Buuut, I did finish my Christmas shopping last March. Now, it is just a matter of wrapping and giving.

Well, I guess I had better get moving here. Work is calling. Have a great day and I will try to check in more often in the future.

Take care,
Old 11-26-2005, 08:44 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Oh my Sweet - sounds like you've had a terrible go of it this past while. I'm sorry to hear about your mom and your staff. That's enough stress for a lifetime, never mind over just a few months. My thoughts are with you!

With regard to the email (which is really LOW of someone ), I would let your network admins. know so they can look into it & find out the source. They should be able to find out the IP addy of the computer it's coming from.

Mazarin - glad to hear your arm is feeling better!

Gonnaloseitagain - those plateau's really suck don't they! Hope you get past it soon!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!
Old 11-28-2005, 07:45 PM   #36  
Movin on down the scale

Well I have good news, I broke my stupid plateau!!! WOOHOO I officially dropped 1 pound in 3 weeks!!! I think it is 2 but I have to wait for that stupid .2 to get off my scale before I claim that victory. As I said in another post, I hope I dont hit another for about 20lbs. I also added 20 min/day on my treadmill. I hadnt been doing really ANY exercise up until now. So I hope that this extra boost will help.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:54 PM   #37  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I'm only down a half pound this week but trying not to sweat it. I overate so much yesterday and started in on "bad" food on Friday, although in moderation. So I'm back on track.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:31 PM   #38  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone - greetings! I know I have been "missing in action" here .. but not on purpose let me tell you! My computer took a big dump! Got a bad virus and it wiped me out completely! Took it in to be fixed as I coud not do it myself -- and believe it or not, when I got it back it still had a virus running amuck! Sooooo ... all I could do at this point was to put it out of my mind and enjoy my family here for Thanksgiving! I just took my computer back in this morning but in the meantime I have set up my old computer with Windows98 ... had to go get an external dial-up modum for it (when I used it where we used to live I had cable -- where we are now I can only get dial-up) so the old computer was not set up for dial-up. At least I am able to get on the internet now ... felt like a big door to the world was closed to me! Crazy isn't it?

So - to all the newbies that came in during my absense - I am CJ and I welcome you all to our group!

Sharon: I hope you had a wonderful time with your families during Thanksgiving - if you ate too much don't worry about it ... just hop back on the wagon! I started today - although I wasn't too bad.

Peggy: So glad to hear from you ... I know how you feel about your mom ... we will always miss our moms, no matter how much time has passed. Sorry to hear about your friend at work too. Hey, I know you and you will get rid of those extra lbs by January ... don't stay away so long now you hear? We missed you.

Mazarin: Hope your arm is feeling better.

Teahoney: 1/2 lb is good .. glad to hear you are back on track ... I haven't weighed myself in over a week .. kinda afraid to ... tomorrow I will do it.

GonnaLoose: Great job on the 2 lbs and breaking the plateau! I know that is a good feeling. Keep up the good work.

Brandy: A big welcome to the group and way to go on your 2 lb loss also!

Stacey: A big welcome to you also - It's good to see so many new faces here ... Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Well ... I'm off to start Thread #8 ... we usually don't go over 30 posts ... Sharon usually tries to beat me to starting the new thread ... I thought for sure she would have this time since I couldn't even get online! LOL

OK - NO MORE POSTS ON THIS THREAD - PLEASE GO TO #8. SEE YA THERE!

Love, CJ
Closed Thread