Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 11:38 PM   #46  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
folks seem to be on a hamburger soup binge... is this anything like the Italian Wedding soup with the little meataballs???
Nope, the hamburger is just crumbled up (I was going to say "loose", but that almost makes me gag to describe food as "loose" ). I hate the canned Italian Wedding soup. Glad I'm not Italian har har.

Okay, I won't be needing that GTExpress. What is it, like a George Foreman grill? If so, you should get that instead. Or a crockpot. You could make Hamburger Soup.

Anyway, it's not Herr Barf, although I think Cowpeachie is splitting a gut right now. It's Herbie, as in Peaches and Not Herb. He is, umm, a former associate of Ms Cowpernia's, hence the

I forgot I have 3 bags of Halloween candy in the freezer! Good thing I remembered before Halloween was all over with.

Kiwi
Old 10-31-2005, 11:52 PM   #47  

hmm, I shall take your sage advice.. Crockpot it is .. I just can't see another cluttering countertop kitchen gadget (say that 3x fast..you'll hack a hairball)

Herb?no need to drag up former associates, unless of course doing so is to make cowie laugh.

I must go lay down now. I have a sugar headache. G'night my leetle moolettes

Last edited by Schatzi; 11-01-2005 at 01:35 AM.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:44 AM   #48  

Default Bush Bash Blather

A man died and went to heaven. As he stood in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, he noticed a huge wall of clocks behind him. "What are all those clocks?"

St. Peter answered, "Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on earth has a Lie-Clock. Every time you lie, the hands on your clock will move."

"Oh," said the man, "whose clock is that?"

"That's Mother Teresa's. The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie."

"Incredible," said the man, "and whose clock is that one?"

"That's Abraham Lincoln's clock." replied St. Peter, "The hands have moved but twice, telling us that Honest Abe only told two lies in his entire lifetime."

"Where's President Bush's clock," asked the man.

"Bush's clock is in Jesus' office," replied St. Peter,......

"he's using it as a ceiling fan."
Old 11-01-2005, 10:13 PM   #49  
loves kleenex box art

What a cute joke!!!

I have a new blank hard drive. What else can I say? Nada. The pumpkin smilies are gone.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:35 PM   #50  
Member w/ messiest house

That's fantastic!!!

Today was Puppy Kindergarten day! It was quite long. I had to drive to the Big City, and then they got started late, and then it went on very long, and then I had to stand in line for about a week to buy a couple of things. Jet basically pulled on the leash for about 2-1/2 hours straight. Unfortunately there was only one other dog in the class, and she wasn't even a puppy. She was a 2 year old daschund, who had been so freaked out by the big dogs in her basic training class, that her person decided to try her in a puppy class. Jet really really tried to get her to play, but she wouldn't. And they're not even coming back next week.

But the instructor was very good, and he just loved Jet, so we are going to switch to another day when hopefully there will be some puppies for her to socialize with! And she will be learning a whole lot of stuff in the meantime. I took 2 pages of notes on things to practice with her all week.

When was the last time you took hand-written notes, by the way? My hands have no interest in doing that any more, they just flatly refuse to bother with a lot of necessary letters. Tomorrow I have to take notes at the Music Boosters meeting, so I'm sure those will be highly readable....

Hey the punkin smilies went away! But the stayed, at least.

Goodness I'm talkative. Must be the Halloween candy I've been eating. I also went to today, so I should be a real blimp tomorrow.

Kiwi
Old 11-01-2005, 10:38 PM   #51  
Member w/ messiest house

Your computer is all fresh and clean! Did you wipe out every last photo and email and everything from the other one, or did you save it all?
Old 11-02-2005, 07:40 AM   #52  
loves kleenex box art

it's all gone. You must resend everything. Mostly I just wish I had pictures of DS that were on it. The email addresses are on my web based gmail so that's ok.

I found a thread of people all complaining of the same pain I have under my rib. Every one of them was wondering what it was. They'd been checked out, diagnosed (differently), treated and it persisted. The best guess is that it's stress. I am so sick of stress.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:34 AM   #53  

KIWIuppy kindergarden! Well that sounds fun..and soon there will be puppy play dates arranged.! I know what you mean about note taking.. I remember in years of yore I prided myself on my penmanship... now it seems like such an effort that my hand just wants to get it over with with as few letters as possible making my notes useless and ugly to look at.

CowP: A ribsticker..that's what I use to call those.. I don't know if it was stress..could be... Is this a new pain? Congrats on the new hard drive with megabytes up the wazoo to fill up! However there is a mourning period when you realize all the Stuff lost...

Bagzilla REMAINS THE HOLIDAY DISPLAY QUEEN! I told her I have been " Griswold" by her spooktacular displays...with lights! And it looked like there was even a Xmas tree thrown in there...

Where's Wabby?? And Sugahsnoofle?
Old 11-02-2005, 11:47 AM   #54  
loves kleenex box art

sounds good Shots but I did a search on rib sticker and ribsticker and found recipes and punk-rock type stuff. I've had the pain before. Sometimes it feels inside and sometimes outside. Rib actually seems swollen. Today DS is going to the doctor for his thingie. Stressssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssss
Old 11-02-2005, 12:22 PM   #55  

Hi. I'm back from my sickbed. Oy.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:19 PM   #56  

And now all my guys are out on jobs so I can yack.

Poor me, I had a day of hurting all over and my tummy not feeling so good, but now I'm pretty much all better.

Peachez, maybe you have a sympathy pain. Maybe when DS is better so will you be. Maybe. or maybe you should go to the Dr. and get it checked out.

Bagzie! You remain the high queen of Halloween displays. Actually I was quite impressed w/ all displays, cute mini jack o lantern, Kiwi and work of art jack o lantern that you did, Sugar. I didn't do the pumpkin carving thing since no one ever comes down our long dark driveway for treats. DH still has high hopes. He filled up his bowl w/ candy, turned on the lights on the front porch, all the house was lit up, and still no trick or treaters. I was sleeping most of the evening due to feeling yucky, and DH came in about 10 pm w/ the news that "we didn't even get one kid". He sounded like he'd lost his best friend.

Kiwi, darlin', no we are not Grandparents yet. My friends are Grandparents to a new baby boy. We're expecting a Granddaughter toward the end of February..... Hey, in no time at all that puppy will be graduating at the top of her class w/ such a great mommy to encourage her.

Tonight is my evening of beauty..... time for a cut and color. I'm seriously thinking of going a little blonder. Not all blond, but lots of blond streaked in. I need a little spark and the only one I can come up w/ comes out of a dye bottle..... the cruise we're going on is the Mexican Riviera, which is the west coast of Mexico. It's the only one to warm weather that we can fit into our schedule. We're going with some really fun friends so I expect to be having a blast.

Schatzi, you need a crockpot and a George Forman grill, but be sure and get the one w/ the removable grills that you can stick in the dishwasher. You don't have to leave it out on the counter. My latest and greatest kitchen gadget is a Cuisinart coffee grinder that you load your beans into and then just dial how many cups of coffee you want. Cool, eh?
http://fantes.com/images/6501coffee_mills.jpg
Old 11-02-2005, 02:24 PM   #57  

You have all been having a wonderful time.
Shatz... I can't tell you how long it's been since I saw a HUGE schnitzel....
I am inflamed with the Plame news... and disappointed that Fitz couldn't get to Rove, but I have my fingers crossed for the time being.
I am gaining weight... and my previously comfy pants feel like abdominal tourniquets.
but I will walk and drink and keep the faith that I am not a metabolic freak... i.e., exercising more, eating less WILL work, even for me.
DD is coming for Thanksgiving (we are going to a quaint town a couple of hours away... for a mutual change of scene) and I want to be able to waddle or walk for some shopping at least.

Radiation treatments are going well, but I am already tired of the routine... and have 20 more (or so) to go... at least til December 1.

I am subscribing to this thread so I get the summaries... but y'all'll probably change the name and I'll be lost again. hmmmph.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #58  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
I found a thread of people all complaining of the same pain I have under my rib. Every one of them was wondering what it was. They'd been checked out, diagnosed (differently), treated and it persisted. The best guess is that it's stress. I am so sick of stress.
I've had it too. I kept thinking "heart attack heart attack!" but fortunately I talked myself out of it, because I knew damn well it was stress.

Little Jet, while certainly a source of stress also, is functioning as predicted as a stress-reducer for me; I feel much less wound up in knots than I did before I got her, most of the time anyway. I think she's only a source of stress for DH, but since he's my #1 source of stress, this is only fair. Example: today he went by the high school guidance office to pick up a copy of DD's grades from last year (my fault of course for losing them regardless of what happened to them). So when he came home he informed me that the guidance counselor said DD should have all her applications in by Thanksgiving. I asked why did he say this? And he started getting all defensive -- he didn't ask why. So, all the colleges have Dec. 31 or later deadlines and the guidance counselor contradicts this and Dh doesn't care why; we should follow this advice willynilly? Because this guy has been soooooo helpful in the past ? So instead of getting any information, we got into an argument. Case closed.

Darling CowP, are you telling me you have never done a backup? Ahem. That is very very bad Shame, shame, shame. I will send you all the photos you have sent me if you want (well, it may not be 100% of them, but all the ones I still have on here somewhere).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
.and soon there will be puppy play dates arranged.!
Fortunately, we have one friend with a new puppy in our area that we can occasionally visit, but no, there won't be any play dates coming out this -- we live way too far away from these folks to do that! Takes an hour and a half to get there I'm lucky that Jet is very friendly and "appropriate" for a puppy, as the instructor said. (I think he meant "relentlessly obnoxious in trying to get other dogs to play" )

We'll try to hold off on changing the name of the thread, Painty. Well, at least until we can't stand it anymore! And always a warning at the last message, jah? Great that your dd is going to be home for Thxgvg!

Whatcha got, Wabbit? You contagious? Sounds a lot like what DD had. Only lasted a day or so. Hope you's all better. We haven't put out candy for trick or treaters since the first year or 2 we lived here. But we buy it anyway We used to go to a friend's house so that we could answer the door occasionally.

Kiwi
Old 11-02-2005, 08:29 PM   #59  
loves kleenex box art

DS went to doc and barely missed being stuck in the hosptial for 2-4 days with a tube going into his chest to release the air. But a new xray showed the lung was much higher. Still, he has to get another Catscan and have professional xray readers look at this. They're actually asking questions about early emphasema in the family.

Me .. stress .. how'd you make it go away Kiwi. ????? thanks for the pictures. I'll let you know when I have the programs to receive them. No office products, etc on yet.

Painty, that's why I request that when somone changes the thread, that they say so in the old thread.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:50 PM   #60  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, I hope this thing with DS gets cleared up soon. That is certainly worrisome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Me .. stress .. how'd you make it go away Kiwi. ?????
Furry pet = stress reliever. For me anyway. Dogs do better than cats because they are generally more interested in you. Knit more kitty helmets!
Closed Thread