Old 10-12-2005, 07:13 PM   #16  
I will do it this time

Maggie, it looks like we are only about 40 miles away. We usually don't go to Yosemite, so don't go that way often. More often we go out to Oakdale and then on to Sonora. I don't remember Cookie. Refresh my memory if you don't mind. I have a short memory span anymore. Have fun tonight.
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #17  
Web Nana

WOW! That was some postal explosion! I mean all those post by Gail & Sharon. It is nice to meet you both and if I have met you before please understand with age comes a very short memory. I think I am the oldest member here...real age not 3fc age.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAGGIE AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY,SHARON

I am envious of everyone's weight loss. I am at a stand still right now. I had lost 60 #s but put a lot back on. We are going away for 3 weeks in November....driving to Disney to meet DS & family and some of his wife's family and our oldest DD & her son. We will then drive to Raleigh, NC to have Thanksgiving with DS & family for the first time since 1989. We haven't seen them since June 04 and are looking forward to the time spent with these grandchildren. Dieting is on hold but I hope to resume it upon our return.

Maggie: That is some story about the bull....glad Ragg Mopp was so vocal to keep the bull at a distance.

Gail: I used to knit but then went to doing counted cross stitch then gave that up when I ran out of space on the walls to put the pieces. Now I have my computer and books.

Sharon: Another 'California Girl' It's nice you and Maggie live so close, maybe you can meet.

Faye: That is a really adorable picture of Fortune and you have some talent as those pillows are really nice. Look great on the sofa. Fay a late Happy Birthday to you too. It was just a while back wasn't it or am I having another 'Sometimer' moment. I may not have Althimer but I definitely have Sometimers.

Well I got the closet changed around and noticed that it would be nice to go shopping and some new winter clothes....hmmm. I did get a nice velour jogging suit and had to shorten it about 4 inches. Did that today, too.

Tomorrow I will tackle the windows....there are 20 of them. Screens up, Storms down and add a strip of weatherstripping where the sashes meet. This is an old house folks.

Gloria in MA.....Think I will go and read a book before bed. Good Night All
nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:28 PM   #18  
Thin Within

Arrow OH Gloria

GLORIA isn't it wonderful to have Gail and Sharon join us. It livens up the group for sure. New winter clothing sounds nice. I wear the same clothes all year round now that we don't live in snow country. Seems kinda boring. I love nice winter coats and don't need one. I did save a nice coral colored jacket with died fox fur around the hood just in case we take a trip up to the cabin in the winter. We have one in the Sequoias up around 6 thousand feet that really gets hammered with snow. I love nice winter clothing but can't have any. You are fortunate to live in seasonal country. Have fun on your trip and then when you get back we can discuss your getting back on program. Seems some of us may have had a lapse and are getting back to work on our losing weight. At least I can speak of that for myself. But it is good that you don't try to get back while on a vacation. You may be the oldest but I am pushing right behind you. Or should I say coasting ...Have a great time.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:30 PM   #19  
Thin Within

Arrow OH Gloria

GLORIA isn't it wonderful to have Gail and Sharon join us. It livens up the group for sure. New winter clothing sounds nice. I wear the same clothes all year round now that we don't live in snow country. Seems kinda boring. I love nice winter coats and don't need one. I did save a nice coral colored jacket with died fox fur around the hood just in case we take a trip up to the cabin in the winter. We have one in the Sequoias up around 6 thousand feet that really gets hammered with snow. I love nice winter clothing but can't have any. You are fortunate to live in seasonal country. Have fun on your trip and then when you get back we can discuss your getting back on program. Seems some of us may have had a lapse and are getting back to work on our losing weight. At least I can speak of that for myself. But it is good that you don't try to get back while on a vacation. You may be the oldest but I am pushing right behind you. Or should I say coasting ...Have a great time.

Last edited by Maggie; 10-12-2005 at 08:32 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:03 PM   #20  

Good Evening, Flowers! WOW! Imagine my shock when I saw all of the new posts tonight!

It's a rainy evening in my corner of the world. The BEST news is that we now have heat at school! Yippy - skippy!!!!! It was late afternoon when it finally reached our room but it will be toasty in there tomorrow. When I got home from school DH was already home. After I shut the garage door I could hear a cat meowing. After much investigating, DH got down on his hands and knees and could see the kitten underneath the riding mower. We haven't seen the kitten for 3 days and I was convinced it had gotten caught in the live trap next door. Of course it wouldn't come out to me so we left food out and the door open a crack. I had bell choir tonight -- we are scheduled to play on Christmas Day of all things! Several of us groaned -- I spoke up and said to count me out as I would have a house full of company and I wasn't going to add any more to my agenda for the day. A couple others agreed with me. The kitten evidently found it's way back outside because DH saw it on the deck after I left for bells.

"Gma" -- I'd say you definitely are the "Stitch Witchery QUEEN!" Thanks for sharing the picture of Fortune . . . he is a cutie!

Gail -- Hi Stranger, welcome back! It has been quite awhile since we have visited! We have four grandchildren! Ian will be 3 the end of November, Maddy just turned 2 in August, and we doubled our fun this spring! Kolby was born in April and Zowie was born in May. Each of our kids have a boy and a girl so it will be nice as they all grow up together.

Sharon -- It's so nice to see you here again! Happy Anniversary! The years do fly by, don't they? I hope you have a wonderful time in Santa Cruz!

Maggie -- I sent you a email; I hope you got it! May you enjoy many, many more happy birthdays! It sounds like you will have an enjoyable time celebrating tonight.

Gloria -- DH just washed our windows and then it rained! We don't have much overhang so the windows only stay clean for a day or two. I know you are getting excited about your trip.

I need to figure out what I'm going to wear tomorrow and head for bed. Have a terrific Thursday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote