Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 11:40 AM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning ladies~

I am ready for a nap! Decided to get up earlier and get my walk done since I had other errands to get out of the way before getting ready to go get my hair cut later. Bad idea...it was sooooo cold out this morning. Not sure what the temperature was but on the news they said it was only supposed to be 48 by 8 a.m. brrrrr. Actually, that's really not that cold-if the sun it shining!! 1/2 of the park is shaded so it was cold, in the sun it wasn't bad. That is...when it finally came up. I got in my 3 mile walk regardless of my nose and ears almost falling off. I was going to take my camera to take pictures of this park (have some somewhere, just not sure where) and forgot it! Maybe I will remember tomorrow when I go.

Marti~you are welcome and I am glad that it brightened your day if only for a little while. I wish James could have been there with you and for you. At least he is there for you by phone, I know it's not the same but I just know hearing his voice is a comfort to you.

Angie~I was going to ask what a silver bullet was but read on and I see it is a blender. Good for Brandon for getting a job!! Is this his first job? And WTG to you for your 3.2 pound loss!! I think carrot cake can count as a vegetable-it does have carrots in it! Okay, I'm just kidding. I do have a recipe in the WW cookbooks that I have though if you are interested.

Sue~I always know what day it is but if you ask me the date...forget it! I never can keep the dates straight unless I have a calendar to look at. Even my watch says Saturday the 15th! I never change it. WTG on your walk and workout!

Jane~that would be great if you guys could live in the house you're in while the other is being built. But gotcha about the water pump in the cellar and all. I know you guys will figure something out. Try not to get too stressed about it all. I know that is easier said than done. Enjoy your time with little Briley.

Susan~gotcha about the venti now. I'm not a coffee drinker so have never been in a Starbucks. They do have them popping up all over here now, there's even one in the new Super Target. Hey...I still weigh in...not sure I want to Monday though. Just got TOM today...bummer. I always gain a little so I will try not to fret over it.

Hi to everyone else

Same old stuff with me today. I didn't get around to vacuuming yesterday because I spent too much time on the Barely got my 9,000 steps in, ended up at 9393! Anyway, have to vacuum today as soon as I get off and just straighten a little. I am in the habit of making my bed as soon as I get out of it so that feels good. I am also dying to try KABOOM! Anyone try that stuff? Supposed to clean things by just spraying and wiping off...we'll see. Also have a hair appointment at 1 thank goodness. I curl my hair and two minutes later it is flat! Thought about growing it out again but don't think I want to. Right now I like being able to fix it instead of pulling it back with a rubberband. Anyway...

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 09-29-2005, 12:10 PM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies--

I'm a little peeved this morning...maybe it's just all the emotions that I've gone through. But my sister & brother never showed up. So I ended up staying home waiting....all by my lonely self. Everyone else had someone to be with...but not me. Maybe I'm sounding like a child at the moment but you know, I just wanted someone to be w/me.

Angie--Congrats on losings 3.2lbs!! That is fantastic!! Hurray!! I had to go back on some threads to read...I didn't realize that you joined WW. And w/a friend!! Good for you! You'll do great!

Susan--They have a small Coffee shop that sells starbucks coffee at the hospital where I work. I hate the house coffee...so bitter and just plain awful. But the Iced Cafe Mocha.....VERY GOOD!! And I get the Grande size.

Cristi--You are so incredibly close to 10,000 steps!! You are doing fabulous. I can't believe it!! I must put my pedometer on and start tracking my steps. Your walk this morning sounded lovely. I can picture it. It's only 9:00am here and it's cool w/the sun shining....LOVE fall mornings!!

Ok....I think I should probably clean up and take the dogs out. I'm suppose to meet up w/my family for breakfast before my sister goes back to Florida. Who knows if they'll call!! (ok....so I'm still bitter about it) I'll snap out of it and put a smile on my face.....sheesh....

Talk to you later
Old 09-29-2005, 12:19 PM   #18  
One day at a time

Aaaahhhh Marti!I'm sorry your family didn't show up and you ahd to be alone. ((((HUGS)))) I can understand being a bit peeved. Hope you have a good breakfast with them this morning. The walk this morning was refreshing! Even though it was chilly...the cold hitting my face felt good. And it was really pretty. I think on the days Leslie Sansone has the unstructured day I have that certain amount of steps she wants you to do in my head and just aim for that and no more. I'm glad it's only one day a week though because it feels good to get in the 10,000-that is five miles (2,000 steps=1 mile)! And if you think about walking five miles and where that would take you it's a little crazy. I'm close to it already this morning. Anyway, I should get going. Need to go get things done before getting in the shower to go get my hair cut. Was going to wash my hair because it feels weird to take a shower and not do that but she will wash it when I get there. Anyway, take care missy and have a good day.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:10 PM   #19  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hi Marti,,,and here I was going to call but thought by the time I read your post your sibls would have been there and I didn't want to interupt. Dang I should of went with my instincts. That was about 9:30 your time. Next I will just call and if its a bad time no worries...k?
Yes I joined WW and love it! Seriously I like feeling like I have control,,,the controling virgo in me..ha And a cheap virgo so if I think something has too many points I just won't have it...
Just watched a bit of Oprah this afternoon,,,forgot the name of the guy but his book that he wrote called No Excuses looks so good. I may check out the library or cash in a Chapters card Shawna gave me for my birthday.
Cristi,,,I mentioned to Becky my friend from WW,,Ive worked with her at Penningtons and then I brought her over to BDL...about you. That you walk each morning...so for this month since both of us have late shifts we will be able to get in some walks.

Susan,,ahhh thats what a venti is...We have a Tim Horton's here,,I admit to being seriously addicted. I buy an extra large each and every morning, I do need to stop using cream though...*sigh one day I saw someone buy a small,,,it looked like a shot glass....lol I commented didn't know Tims does shooters too...ha ha

Im still working long hours...except today! I only worked 5 hours. Came home took a nap..lol Did I mention we now have cable? We had satalite for so long,,,but couldn't get it up in our rooms,,,so we got cable now and I find myself in my room alot lately....no wonder its sooo clean...

Anyways need to get ready,,,push Brandon to cook dinner. The only draw back of him getting a job is that I lose my cleaning lady (guy) I admit I tortured him a bit. I would leave HUUUUGGE long lists of things that needed to be done around the house....telling him that if hes going to stay home all day and not find a job he would have to clean...well that lasted a whole week...lol Domestic Goddess he is not.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:12 PM   #20  

Goodness Gracious!!

I swear, my family has no clue sometimes. They wanted to meet at the airport restaurant for lunch before my sister had to go. They wanted to meet at noon. She gets on the plane at one...it takes me about half an hour to 40mins to get to the airport...they called me at 11:40. I just went up to my sisters in Eugene and she wasn't going due to having two kids that she had to pack for and wasn't going to try and rush......so I didn't see my sister off.

Just as well I suppose...I was in a sour mood. I really need to snap out of that!

Cristi--Thanks for letting me know how many steps equals a mile!! I always wondered that. I've just alway heard "try to reach 10,000 step per day" Never did have an idea how many miles that was! I'm going to try and set myself up some kind of schedule for working out/walking. I need to make it a priority in my life. I really need structure right now. I feel SO out of control. And it makes me sad. Don't want to be sad.

Angie--Girl!! I say go w/your instincts too! Should've called. I was so sad and lonely last night. Almost pitiful. I called my sis this morning and talked to her about how I felt. It felt good to talk w/her. I would have gone to visit her in Eugene last night but she just started a dance class and last night was her first night. A hip hop dance class! How neat is that?

Well....tomorrow I get to pick James up from the airport and I"m so excited. I miss him terribly. More so since all this has happened while he was gone! Sure need a hug from him about now!!! Now, to try and speed the rest of the day up!!!!

Better get busy.

Love to all!
Old 09-30-2005, 12:27 AM   #21  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello...Cool and very Fall-like here today. DH did walk with me tonight so I got in 2 miles. That was fun. Yesterday I went back out and did another walk after I was on here. SO that was 5 miles outside and a mile inside. woo hoo.. I need to use my pedometer too, that would surely add some miles just doing everyday stuff.
Lunch with my friend at Ruby Tuesdays. I stuck to soup and salad, no dessert and black coffee. How boring, but good for me. We gabbed for awhile then I had to go to the grocery store.
Brrr..it was chilly when we walked tonight too. After my shower I got out my well worn flannel robe and boy does it feel good.
Sorry I didn't get back for individuals, computer was sooo slow, and not much better tonight. Guess I am going to have to break down and call a tech.

C ya all tomorrow....
Old 09-30-2005, 09:21 AM   #22  
GmaTo8

Welcome to the Last Day of September!

Marti - aww, well at least you got to be with your sister and her two kids before they had to leave. Glad you'll get to be with James today. Do you have anything special planned? Sometimes it's most fun to just snuggle in front of the tv.

Angie - 3.2 YAY I almost forgot, but about the 3rd or 4th week of WW, I added 3 points to my daily totals. It was just enough to keep me going. Even when I would graduate to a different level, I still added in those 3 points. So sorry you missed Shawna's call!

Cristi - I never heard of Kaboom. Is it a national product? I have tried Awesome from Dollar Tree (not Dollar Store) and that stuff really IS Awesome, lol. It will remove stains and grime like nothing else I've ever tried. I too like my bed made PDQ. As soon as Neal is out of it, lol. Did you get your hair cut? WTG on all the walking, Cristi!!

Sue - we like Ruby Tuesday's, too. Don't have one locally, of course, but have gone to the one in Indy and one in Effingham, IL. It's cold here this morning - 47 degrees when I got up.

Just so you'll all know, I adjusted my options so that I don't load siggies, avatars, etc. until I get my broadband going. It still takes a long time to load each page, but it's not nearly as bad as before.

The guy from the Board of Health is coming out today to approve or deny us using the current septic system if we build a home right behind this one. It's a good septic, and the ground is very sandy, so we expect him to approve it. If he doesn't, we'll for sure have to build on the exact same spot. Ohhh, all the red tape is going to strangle me before it's all said and done, lol.

Mackenzie the 6 y/o is coming here after school today to spend the night. Seems like I haven't seen her enough since she's been back to school, and I miss the little bugger.

Have a good day!!
Old 09-30-2005, 11:28 AM   #23  

I'm up bright an early today!! Yep, 8:00 is bright and early for me!! I had gone to bed last night anxious and kept waking up...once at 3:30, once at 6:45, again at 7:30.....at 8:00 I said to heck w/this looking at the clock....I'm getting up!

Reason for all this: I get to see James today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I really need a shower before I even think about stepping out of this house!

Jane--I'm not sure if you misunderstood which sister was leaving...but the one w/the two kids lives in Eugene,Sarah, and she didn't want to pack up her kids to go see Tami who was going back to Florida with such short notice. But yes, it was nice to spend some time w/her. Even though later on our lunch out, we were with our aunt and I didn't contribute to one thing in the conversation because it was all business. I had NO idea they were doing a business lunch. I wouldn't have gone. I was used as the babysitter. I was frustrated after that too!!

Such a whiner I must sound like!!

Ok...so much to do before I see James.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:00 PM   #24  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Marti I should of called you last night and we both could of whined to each other...

Jane ,,add 3 points? Im still trying to make up for the added points I had from last week. You don't ever really know the amount of food you eat till you start writing it all down...yikes!

Sue,,,been chilly each evening and morning here too. Had some frost on the windshield...arghhh hate winter. I am amazed with all your walking...do you have the same route or change it up a bit?

Kaboom,,,I use it, don't like the smell,,,very chemically. Where gloves and keep well ventilated. We have hard water here and get major calcium buildup.
We are heading to Montana for the weekend,,,Monte Tanner and I. Brandon is staying home to take care of Skittles. Here I come Target!

Ive been seriously stressed at work lately,,the longer hours are ok,,,cause I work in another dept when I put in more hours. But I have been for over a year been working next to a woman that is extrmemely loud on the phone and poinds on the keyboard. I admit I just don't like this woman,,,things Ive heard her say to her children and when they call a few times a day is horible and well the list goes on. Shes had many complaints to her and the manager. With her laughing it off...last week I told her she was too loud and needed to stop pounding on the keyboard,,,she complained to the manager that I was picking on her. It got nasty after that.... Anyways she quit and is blaiming me for her doing so. People are taking sides. Im very fustrated.
Anyways I could of called Marti and we could of had a whine fest...lol
well ladies have a great weekend...
Old 09-30-2005, 12:42 PM   #25  
One day at a time

Smile

Hi ladies & Happy Friday~

I was feeling fine and now the stinking cramps have hit me-darn TOM! I did however get my 3+ mile walk in this morning. Yesterday the temp was about 47-48 and it felt so cold. Today it was the same and the wind was blowing but it felt warmer for some reason. Anyway, nice walking weather for sure. I had made a goal to walk 50 miles this month and as of this morning I am at 60! Of course I didn't actually keep track of all the days I walked more than the scheduled walk-will do that for Oct. on my own because Monday starts week 6 and the last of the scheduled walking from the book. So gotta come up with a goal and keep on truckin'! I was saying that since my allergies have cleared (knock on wood) my energy level is crazy. I told DD and DH I feel like I have taken something to make me wirey so am trying to find things to do to keep me busy. Last night I mowed the back yard again which I must say I am going to miss doing (seriously) when the weather gets cold and no more mowing.

Marti~I am sorry you didn't get to see your sis off. Wow! Has it been two weeks already?! Well, I am glad James is coming home today, I know how you have missed him. Hey, I too would have called but I don't have your number. Actually, I don't have anyone's number except Janes. Your sisters dance class sounds fun! Sorry you were used for a babysitter.

Angie~oh how I hate the office crap that goes around. It's terrible how people are. Have a safe, fun trip to Montana! I think that will be good...you and your friend walking. Once you get used to it it actually isn't bad at all. I know in the beginning for me it was killing me to do two miles-so out of breath. But now 3 miles is easy. I am still out of breath a little but she says if you can have a gab fest you are walking too slow, if you can't talk while walking, you are walking too fast, if you can talk but have to pause you are at a good pace. So while I am not power walking I feel I am at a good pace.

Jane~I did get my hair cut yesterday. She cut about 2 inches off. I didn't expect that much but did want it shorter. Today it looks a little better and when I shower and fix it it will be fine. She curled it under yesterday which threw me off. Last time she flipped it and that's the way I like it. Hope all goes well today and the septic tank is approved!

Sue~WTG on the walking!! It is nicer when you have someone to walk with, makes the time go by faster. Glad you had a nice lunch with your friend. And it is fall like weather here also and I am loving it! Well, it has been for most of the day/week. While it is cool now it is supposed to get up to 80. But that definitely beats the 90's we had for so long.

Hi to everyone else!

Nothing much on the agenda for today. Have a letter to type up to Josh when I am done here. If I have a long letter to send I type it because it takes less paper and easier on my hand/wrist. I have been sending two letters a week and sometimes a card in between. I try to time it to where he gets one on Monday and then one either on Friday or Saturday. Can't wait till next month, which is tomorrow! Another month come and gone ladies. Where does the time go. I swear it seems the months go by faster. Anyway, going to take a shower in about a hour and then when V gets home we are headed to LOWES and to Penneys to take a couple of things back. Bought a blind that has the curtain with it and don't like it at all. It doesn't close all the way and the point was to block out the sun with the blind and curtain but left open a little it lets the sun in. Then a couple of sheer curtains I had bought for my bedroom. I bought the right length but the hem is like four inches above the bottom of the window and it looks really dumb. I can't get a longer length because of the window seat and the arched window above the window so just put my lace curtains back up. And that's about all I have for now.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day and weekend!
Old 10-01-2005, 09:20 AM   #26  
GmaTo8

It's October!

Marti - glad you get to see James today. Any special weekend plans?

Angie - the 3 extra points were to keep me from going over the edge by eating many, many more points. They say you have to find what works for yourself, and I guess you could say that was it for me. So sorry about the creep at work! At least she's gone, though. Have fun in Montana!

Cristi - wow, you've done great with the Sept. walking, and the numbers will be even higher in Oct. since you'll be counting them all. Where will you walk when the weather is bad? Hope you had a good evening with Vince.

No, things didn't go well with the septic tank. Turns out, we have an illegal one, as do all the people around here with older homes. Which is ok, until you build because then they expect you to replace it. Ours is metal and the new ones are concrete. So there goes another $5000. - $6000. bucks. Add that to the $5000. dollars it costs to tear the house down and haul it away, and we've got at least $10,000.00 gone before we even start building. Today the builder is coming to advise us about the cellar - whether or not it will be a good idea to try to build over it. Why do I get the feeling more bad news is coming my way?

On a happier note, I've been enjoying Miss Mackenzie. She spent the night with us, and is a delight. She got an A+ on her spelling words yesterday, lol. Since when do 1st graders have spelling tests!!

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-01-2005, 03:25 PM   #27  
One day at a time

Happy First of October Ladies!

Wow, I can't believe it is October! Jeez, where does the time go? Christmas will be here before you know it. Speaking of Christmas...while at Penneys this morning I picked up the Christmas catalog. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Didn't take the stuff back to Penney's yesterday because we had to go pick up Josh's truck and I just didn't feel like going so we went this morning. Anyway, didn't do my walk this morning because of TOM. The cramps were and are too horrible so I have just been relaxing, only thing that helps. And it's been raining since last night anyway. So am planning it for tomorrow morning. I usually just have the bad cramps the 2nd day of TOM so should be fine tomorrow. Today is a new month and a new goal for walking.

Jane~I will walk on the treadmill when the weather is bad, just didn't feel like it today. Or possibly go to the mall and also do the WATP tapes on some days. Sorry about the news on the house, or rather the septic tank. Things do tend to add up don't they. Hopefully you guys get some good news about building on the cellar. You made me think of that movie The Money Pit...did you ever see it? With Tom Hanks? Loved that movie but couldn't imagine going through that. Glad you enjoyed lil' Miss Mackenzie and hooray for the A+ on her spelling test. The kids had spelling tests when they were in first grade, up until 6th grade. Shoot, they were wanting the kids to read before starting kindergarten. Of course they did learn while in kindergarten. Miss those days...and can't wait to have grandkids to go through it again!

Anyway, I guess I should go and find something to watch or possibly read. Vince bought lunch because I just don't feel up to cooking-this is our lunch & dinner. So I think I will get a blanket and curl up on the couch with the remote and a book! He has to go into work for a few hours.

Enjoy your day ladies
Old 10-02-2005, 02:34 PM   #28  

Morning Ladies--

I've been spending lots of quality time w/James this weekend so that's why I"ve been MIA. I do check in, but never have much time to post! It's just great to have him home again. Weekend just FLEW by!!

Angie--How is WW going? Sounds like you're really liking it, so I just know you're going to have great success!! Like our Jane!! Rootin' for you the entire time!

Cristi--You're doing such a great job w/your walking!! James told me that he want to start running. I asked him if he minded me coming along. He didn't mind at all. Although....he may make it home way before I do!

Jane--So sorry to hear about your septic tank issues!! Hugs to you! Things like that have got to be stressful. I'm so happy that you had Mackenzie w/you to keep you company and to bring you a smile.

Hello to the rest of you girls!!

I need to make this short. I have to take a shower and then do some grocery shopping. My fridge has been empty for two weeks now!! NOT good! Time to buy lots of veggies.....just craving steams brocolli!

Chat w/you all later!
Old 10-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #29  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies

Marti~totally understandable about being MIA. Who wouldn't want to spend every moment with their hubby after he's been gone for 2 weeks?! Hope you guys had a memorable weekend! Oh, I wish I could run. I am so out of shape I don't think it will ever happen. Even in Jr. High when I was a lot smaller I couldn't run. Just got too out of breath. I could walk every where, and did but never liked to run. Of course it didn't help with the flopping of the boobies!

Well, I am sad to say I didn't get my October off to a good start as far as walking goes. I thought I would do my walk today but just didn't feel up to it. The cramps are better today but only because they are off and on, and not constant like yesterday. But I am not feeling bad or guilty because i feel that I have done great so far. I have one week left of the WATP book and then I am on my own. I will be cutting back and only walking 5 days a week instead of the 6 but I am hoping to do 2 or 3 mile walks those 5 days. Anyway...nothing much going on today. Getting a couple of loads of laundry done and getting ready to write Josh and pay his bills. He only has two bills so that will take a whole 5 minutes!

Take care ladies and I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!
Old 10-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #30  

Hi!
My name is Connie and I'm totally new to posting messages so please bear with me. I thought the "Jaded Ladies" sounded like the place I should be. I posted my bio just a few minutes ago. I have a lot of weight to lose (95 lbs) and would really appreciate the encouragement & support. It's a real struggle. It seems like a caring place to be. Hope to hear from you soon!
Closed Thread