Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 01:17 PM   #31  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Hi ladies, It's been so long since I posted, I'll bet you were wondering if I dropped of the face of the earth.

Nope. Still here. Work is crazy as usual, and I was also out of the office last week for 2 days at a CPR training course. If anyone gets the opportunity to take a lifesaver/first aid course, I highly recommend it. I learned so much and feel much more conifdent that I can handle myself in an emergency situation.

The weight loss is going well. Since June 27th I have lost 34 pounds. I am about 5 pounds away from the halfway mark. MAN, this program is tough at times though. I think the hardest thing is in social situations, but I am perservering, and know it will be worth it in the end.

Yesterday my parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary. On Saturday, they renewed their wedding vows and had a reception at their home afterward. My mother is so supportive of my weight loss efforts and made sure that there was food on the menu that I could eat without worrying about straying off the program too badly.

Of course our darling Joycelyn stole the show, but luckily the "bride" didn't mind too much. She wore a darling little pale brown swede dress with pink bows, and brown mary Janes with Pink socks and a pink hairclip. She was darling. However, my little munchkin still needs to learn how to behave in church. LOL Running on the pews is a definite no-no.

This weekend we are off to the trailer again. Hard to beleive taht we will be closing it up for the winter at the end of the month. So this will be our next to last weekend up there, because the following weekend, we have my mum's Retirement dinner (another food challenge, I'm sure) and then on the Sunday September 25th, Joycelyn, me, my mum and possibley my MIL are walking in the Heart and Stroke Mother Daughter walk. I am actually really excited about that, I am hoping to make it a tradition. Heart Disease and stroke run in my family, so it's an important cause that is close to my HEART.

ANDREA--Welcome, glad to meet you. Looking forward to getting to know you.

JANE&ANGIE---Happy Birthday's to the both of you!! Wishing you a wonderful year and all the happiness in the world.

JANE--your grandchildren are just sooooo cute.

I want to say hi to everyone and I hope everyone is doing well.

Anita
Old 09-12-2005, 02:48 PM   #32  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hello ladies and a Happy Monday to you!

I am happy to say I am down another pound. Haven't really been trying to lose weight, rather concentrate on the walking and water for now. But I have been cutting back on the food and feeling better about it, and walking of course. I felt so energetic after my walk this morning at the park, I came home ate breakfast and decided I would mow the back yard, which I did. When I was pushing the mower to the front I thought what the heck, I'll just go ahead and mow the front while I'm at it. I did! Man was I hot and sweaty afterward! But I feel so energetic for some reason. Plus I thought I would help V out. He has had to work overtime since last Thursday and has been tired. Plus it is supposed to rain tomorrow and Wednesday. Did get a little bit of rain this morning, a few sprinkles and was worried I would have to come back home and do my walking on the treadmill. Luckily it was just a few sprinkles that felt good on my face. The wind was/is blowing so there was a nice breeze. And I have been taking the Claritin so the wind didn't bother me so much. Just that darn right eye watering and itching like crazy. As of right now I am up to 12,745 steps.

Jane~glad you hade a nice birthday! Love the pics! The DGDS are so cute! Little Caylin has gotten big since the last pic I saw of her. Actually, they all are getting big. A very HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and Neal also!! Are you guys doing anything special? Well, what ever you do hope your day is special for both of you!

Sue~yeah, it was me who mentioned and does the WATP videos/dvd. I really like doing them, especially when I can't get out to walk. I bought her book and am following that. This is week three of my walking and with each day that passes it gets easier and I am feeling so much better. Even though I hate getting up so early I am getting used to it. On Sunday when I plan on sleeping in because it is a free day from walking, I am awake at 7 am. Tomorrow I will be doing it (WATP) because she incorporates the weight training and prefers you to do the tape (walking) at home. So I'll see how that goes. Of course I have to go get some 2 lb. weighted gloves or balls.

Katycat~bet you guys are very excited! I would be and would love to go to Ireland one day! Well, sort of...I don't think I could actually take that long a flight. I am scared to death of this little 2 hour flight to Georgia next month-such a chicken. In case you don't get back to 3fc this week to say bye, Have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! And a safe and fun trip! Oh, WATP=walk away the pounds and WTG on your loss this week!

Marti~so did you and Jhanai do some damage at Michaels? I need to go and find something for fall. Last time I was there they were just putting their stuff out, that's been a while.

Anita~WTG on your 34 pound loss!! That is awesome, keep up the good work. That's cool that your mom is supportive of your weight loss and provided some food you could eat. DD's outfit sounded soooo cute!

Hi to everyone else!

Need to get going and do some e-mailing and vacuum. The wind was blowing so hard it was blowing grass on my shoes and socks and I tried to brush most of it off before I came inside, just wasn't coming off so easy. Need to throw the clothes in the dryer also. When V gets home we are headed to the showroom to look at the countertops for the kitchen. They have those that just fit over your existing countertops without having to take the old ones off and are like granite but supposed to be better, more durable. But I am not a fan of granite so we'll be looking at Lowes also at the corian and getting an estimate for both. Also, going to get some knobs to put on the cabinets to dress them up a little and trim at the top of them-for the life of me I can't think of what it's called. Oh well...Take care ladies and hope you all are having a wonderful day!!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 09-12-2005 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:34 PM   #33  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon ladies! I was rolled out of bed this morning by my neighbor friend calling. She said that it was going to be 90 degrees today so we should walk before the sun got up and hot. So off I went to walk my 2 + miles. Then when I came in I put on my coffee pot, but thought I might as well do my WATP while I was still sweaty, and then shower. Soooo, I did that, then thought well, I guess I will just vacuum and then shower. I DID finally get that shower, but felt so great for all I had accomplished. This afternoon I went to the library and post office. Sent DD a box of things I had made for her and DGS. Now, I am finally just loafing a bit.

Will try to come back later....
Old 09-12-2005, 08:12 PM   #34  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good afternoon ladies!
Jane looks like you had a wonderful day too! Monte woke me early for breakfast then I had to race off to a meeting,,,where they brought in cupcakes and sang,,,this was the production team. Went in to watch the rehearsal and had this throat lump emotional wonderful cast sing happy birthday to me ..
I got some cleaning done,,,I know *cleaning* ?? I had to get it done so I wouldn't have to worry later about it and it felt great having it done.
Brandon lived to tell the tale about his wild crazy 18th birthday,,,(it was infact boring...*tsk tsk I did offer to take him out and I know it wouldn't have been boring...

Katie,,,OMG thats the name! Torrid this chick was telling me about the store,,,(which we in Canada don't have) and I couldn't remember...she said to go on line. Thank you!
Crisit,,,it does feel good to get things done doesn't it?

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes...

Had my Dr. appointment,,,Feb.9th is my surgery. Could of went in alot earlier but work is seriously short staffed. Was offered full time but don't think i could work in the call centre full time without wigging out. Plus I need to lose alot of weight before hand.
well I have a ton of calls to make,,,not good ones either...people who didn't make the cut in Evita. *sigh
Old 09-12-2005, 08:46 PM   #35  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone!

Sorry that I haven't been around lately. It's been quite a week. Work has been absoulutely horrendous. We found out that a student (7year old) is dying from a very fast growing brain tumor and will probably be gone in a few weeks. It has been a total shock to us. It's a very hard thing to understand and to not be angry at.

This weekend was pretty much a no holds barred weekend in terms of eating. I ended up having a few drinks which then leads me to munching on awful things. It's one of those things I'm still trying to learn how to deal with. Yesterday we did go to the State Fair and of course I sampled bites of my husband and SIL's food. So, not totally bad...but...

I am back on track (or trying) today. I had the day off, woke up super late and didn't get off to the best eating routine. No breakfast or lunch. Just a ton of green beans and some roasted chicken. I did lose 5 pounds last week, but I feel like I gained it all back this weekend. As long as I get back on track I should be ok. I may not weigh this week just in case. LOL.

I hope that everyone is doing well!
Old 09-13-2005, 09:40 AM   #36  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi ladies,

Sue - glad you're doing well with the food and exercise! So she's up to January already, huh? A winter wedding will be beautiful! My DS is planning on July, and I know it will be hot, hot, hot.

Katiecat - YAY for the 1/2 pound down. That's great considering you went to the fair and ate at friends' a couple of times. So you'll be airborne for most of the day on your birthday? Maybe the flight attendants will give you an extra bag of cookies, lol. I think it's so wonderful that you'll be seeing Ireland, and hope you'll send me a postcard!

Anita - wow, you're doing great with the weight loss! I agree that social situations present such a challenge. Do-able, though, when your mind is made up, like yours is. You are to be commended, Anita. Btw, your little sweetie sounds so adorable!

Cristi - Thanks for the cards, Cristi! You're a sweetie for sending them. YAY for you, losing another pound! And all the energy you have - isn't that great? Did you find some countertop that you like? That will sure make a big difference in your kitchen.

Angie - glad you had a great birthday, too! So your surgery is set for Feb 9th? That gives you 5 months to lose some weight, and we'll help you, ok? Which plan are you going to use? Whatever it is, we're here for you, ok? I've got to get serious about it again, too! We'll help each other, ok?

Andrea - so sorry about the student. How sad!

Thank you all so much for the birthday/anniversary wishes, and the comments on my DGDs. Yes, they're growing like weeds, lol! Neal took me to the Amish restaurant in Mongomery for our anniversary yesterday. The food there is indescribable! They also have a little village with shops, etc. and it's all so quaint. I've been several times before, but it had been awhile, so it was all new again.

I'm watching Macy today for DS, since her regular babysitter is on vacation. She's a pistol. lol. Better go!

Have a good day, ladies!!
Old 09-13-2005, 12:36 PM   #37  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Morning everyone

I am dragging for sure, I'm blaming it on the weather! Glad I mowed yesterday for V because we woke up to thunderstorms this morning. Wasn't supposed to be here till about noon and then rain today, and tomorrow. So couldn't have gone to the fair even if we had planned to.

Katycat~don't know where my head was yesterday and somehow missed that you were leaving on your BD, the 24th. Saw Friday and was thinking it was this Friday. I was getting confused to say the least! Thought I missed some days there and had to check the calendar!

Jane~we do like the granite stuff but there really wasn't a color that really stood out to me. That's the bad thing about that stuff, they don't have the color selection the Corian has. They did give us an estimate but he went a little high and can't give us an exact one until they come out and see exactly what we want and where. We are also going to get an estimate for the Corian also since there are two colors I DO really like better. I would like to also go ahead and do the bathroom countertops while we are doing the kitchen in the same stuff-whatever we decide to go with. I don't know though-trying to concentrate on one room at a time right now and that is the kitchen. Glad you and Neal had a nice anniversary. Sorry your cards were late. I always get the new months cards ready to mail and set them on the coffee table with the date I need to mail them where the stamp goes and sometimes I just lose track of the date or don't check when I should. But better late than never i guess.

Anyway, don't have much to say. I am in a mood and not feeling so great. Slept the wrong way or something and my shoulder and neck are bothering me and I feel a little sick to my stomach. Of course add to that the damn allergies! And I am a mess today! Still managed to get my walk in this morning though-know I won't get as many steps as yesterday. Did the WATP DVD since I had to do the strength training. You wouldn't think little two pound weights are so heavy, but start raising them above your head and out and up and out and up and you can feel the burn! Okay, need to get going and get to the PO and mail something, straighten the house and get some laundry done. May take a nap later and hope I wake up feeling better.

Have a good day ladies!
Old 09-13-2005, 03:55 PM   #38  
I can dream, can't I?

I am being lazy today..well, a little. I did a load of laundry and made myself a pair of flannel p.j. pants. Yep, we will need the flannel before long.
I don't know when I will walk, my heal is really sore today. It was somewhat sore yesterday and I walked anyway, but don't know that I can do it again today. After all of my walking yesterday my DD called and asked me to go with her last night to Indy. DGD had won tix to a Green Day concert and DD was going to drive the kids there. She needed someone to keep her company. Soooo we walked around the Mall and downtown for 4 hours. Trouble is I didn't even think to wear my walking shoes and wore flat sandals. No padding for my heel. Today I am paying for it! I am hoping I feel like walking tonight, but I don't count on it. Eating is going okay however, that's the good news.

Will be back later...
Old 09-13-2005, 04:01 PM   #39  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies!!

Had a good weekend, although it was awfully short!! School being back in session the weekends just seem to fly extra fast!! Already looking forward to summer vacation!

Just wanted to pop in real quick before I leave. Going to Eugene w/James (he's taking me to work) and we're stopping by Verizon place to see what phones they have.

I WILL catch up later though I promise!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:30 PM   #40  

Hello girls---
Sorry it's been awhile since I checked in....busy busy busy around here....but aren't we all?

Jane--I loved seeing the pictures---Your DGD are so cute--

Happy belated Birthday!!to Jane and Angie. Sorry I missed chiming in that day.

My youngest son, Trent, had a birthday yesterday--18 years---I can't believe my youngest is that old. He's a senior and works after school so I didn't get to see him yesterday but he'll try to come out Thursday. He lives in town with his dad...don't see him as much as I'd like even though he's just a few miles away.

My son, Tanner, that has been living with me has moved into a house that is over by the dairy he works at....which is about 20 miles away. He's been having to go over so much during the night that he thought this would be much easier for him. We spent most of the weekend cleaning the house he's moving into. He doesn't plan on being there but for 2 or 3 months. Don't know if he'll move back in here or into a different house. He's 22 so he really wants to be on his own. I'll miss him though. We rarely saw each other but it was nice to know someone was here during the night...Oh well, they do grow up and move away....it's still hard.

What do you think the weather is like in Ireland? That is somewhere I've always wanted to go --- and to Scotland---lot of ancestors from there. I hope you bring back lots of pictures.

Got in my 2 miles walking at school and all my water so far this week. I want to get some new scales so haven't weighed in 3 weeks.

Hello to everyone and hoping your week is going well!!

Love to all~~
Old 09-13-2005, 09:16 PM   #41  
Give me strength

Beth,,,no worries I love having a long birthday! Im still getting emails from other cast members I have worked with over the years....many of them sing/write to me.

Cristi,,,Id like to have granite but I think you need a big kitchen and mine isn't even close. My old house had pink/green/white checks... I know how weird is that? I did pick it though and loved it. It matched the lino,,,which was white checks with pink flowers and green leaves. My ceiling was sculptured with roses...i miss my house.

Jane, I will be joining WW,,,as of tomorrow. Becky and I are joining together and since she is a life long member I am hoping she will help me too...I have been concious of drinking 2 litres of water per day. And trying to eat clean...not the best but defenitely not like before.

well I have to get back to cleaning ...went to Ikea and bought Tanner a shelf...trying to organize the boy...*sigh

ttfn
Old 09-13-2005, 09:18 PM   #42  
Give me strength

ps...Sue do you just have flannel in piles for your PJ bottom making fix? I should make some,,,I am down to 1...that fits properly,,,not like the freaky blue with doggies all over it which all the firemen in have seen...*sigh
Do you use a sweat suit pattern?
Old 09-13-2005, 11:17 PM   #43  
I can dream, can't I?

Angie- I have a pattern for p.j's and robe and I just use the p.j. bottoms. I actually have transferred the pattern to very heavy gift wrap because I have cut out so many that I knew the tissue pattern would be in shreds. For the flannel...I hate to say what I do, but I go to Wal-Mart and on their remnant pile they always have lots of flannel for $1. or $2. a yard. (in summer, when no one wants it but me) But, for a warning, sometimes all you can get is plaid. Blue plaid, green plaid, red plaid, black plaid..lol. I got a really pretty white with yellow flowers though and bought out the lot. Mine and the DD's and DGD's all take around 2 1/2 yards, so under $5. makes a bottom. I think I can make them in my sleep now..along with flannel boxers that my 5 year old DGS likes to sleep in. Now if I can just get busy and make a blanket or quilt from all my leftover flannel. I am thinking of baby sized blankets to donate to a local women's shelter. Probably won't get them done until Spring, but that is my plan.
Oh..if I find flannel on sale I like at any time anywhere I buy it. I actually have my eye on some yellow flannel with pink and blue hearts..waiting for it to go on sale. (for my DGD'S) LOL AND hey, I am getting a new DGD who is 7 years old and I am sure she will like cute P.j.'s.

Beth- It is hard when the children move out. Hope your son enjoys his new found freedom. My daughter was married to a dairyman in CA and lived on the dairy. I loved to go visit, and even got used to the smell...lol. My DGS will most likely be a dairyman as it is a family business, but he is only 5, so lots can happen. They sure work hard and strange hours with the early milking. Keep up the good work with your walking!!

Cristi- I have also been looking at countertop and really like the solid surface ie: Corian and Silestone. Love granite of course, but think it will be too expensive for the kitchen and 3 baths in the new house. We are also looking at flooring and trying to get everything picked out. I thought I wanted tile, but some people say it is hard to care for in the kitchen and you better not drop anything on it, such as a glass. We are also looking at hardwood. Any thoughts on flooring?

Jane- Yes, a winter wedding..maybe at Lake Tahoe, they say. BUT..a private wedding and then possibly a large party later. They have both been married before, so don't want a big wedding. But then even my son who has never been married says he and his GF don't want a big wedding, they want to marry in Las Vegas. I was surprised to hear that Lynsie didn't want a big to-do since it is a 1st for both of them.

Marti, Andrea, Anita, Susan...Hello and glad to see you...

Well, I did go out and walk 2 miles tonight and it was so pleasant. Breezy finally. My heel hurt so I didn't do the WATP's when I came in, but I will do it in the morning for sure. Fall weather is coming for us this week-end. I am ready for 60's-70's, but wish it would stay for awhile. I hope we don't get real cold days before we leave for Las Vegas the end of Oct. Oh well, I always have my flannel p.j's!!

(((Hugs))) to all!
Old 09-14-2005, 11:07 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 193/188/120

Height: 5'2"

Andrea, so sorry about your student (7yrs old!!) with brain tumor. His parents must be reeling.

I found out this week that a 28 yr old niece has breast cancer. Her mom (my stepsister) just recovered from it two years ago or less. They are reeling, also. It has been an emotional roller-coaster year on my mother's side of the family---health wise.

I have nothing really interesting to add to this thread, just came over to check it out as I'm new. Dieting has been my life since adulthood (I was a skinny child, but that's history) and with perimenopause finally winding down, I find myself even more hefty than I was throughout my 30's and 40's. MAN, those hormones are something, eh?

I am interested, rather than more dieting, to try a little different approach in my relationship to food. Trying to think back to childhood when food was just 'food'---sustainence-- and not comfort, a drug. I've been mindlessly eating, and need to slow down and think a little.

In 1 week, we(hubby and I) are going to our cabin up north in the woods, and I hope to read, think, reflect, and try not to stress. I told hubby, I am retiring from being 'cabin gourmet' (a self imposed career) and I am cooking the simplest, least time-consuming things I can find at the store. Luckily, he is all for it. We need to 'veg'!! Sons are back at college, and time to unwind.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:46 PM   #45  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies!

Marti - hope you had fun in Eugene with James. Are you talking about a cell phone? I use Verizon, and have had good luck with them.

Cristi - when I pick out countertop, I'm going to go with a nuetral color so that I can change the curtains and border anytime I want for a whole new look. We're just about ready to pick a floor plan, and then have to get estimates.

Beth - seems like several JLs have had kids who are moving. That's what it's all about, but it can still be hard on the mommas!

Angie - YAY and good luck for starting WW. I think you'll really like it, Ang. I personally didn't like Core at all, and Katy didn't have much luck with it, either, but the regular point-counting program is really, really good, if you're ready to succeed. I'll be here for you, and you know you can call anytime! Wonder if there's much difference between the USA and the Canadian plans?

Sue - hmm... with all the weddings going on, there will surely be more new babies down the road, so you ought to start those baby quilts now and save them. Terry and Gina started out saying they wanted a very small wedding, and now it's getting out of hand, imho. He has several really close friends, and wants them all in the wedding, and of course the same goes for her. Plus, the guest list keeps getting longer, and longer, lol. Thank goodness Neal and I are only responsible for the rehearsal dinner!

Cheryl - aww, so sorry to hear about your niece! Just think how far treatment has come, though, and I bet she'll be alright in the end. I know what you mean about the food! It's so hard for me to eat to live, instead of doing it the other way around. Btw, glad to see you here!! I think you'll like it.

I'm going to be as busy as a one-armed paperhanger tomorrow, and then I'll be gone Friday through Sunday afternoon. If I can, I'll check back before I go, but if not, you gals try to behave yourselves, lol.

Take care and much love,
Closed Thread